Jacqueline Hennessy as Claire Kincaid?

Don Dartfield

Sep 3, 2002, 8:39:13 AM9/3/02
I was just browsing IMDB's listings and came upon this in the Trivia section
for Jill Hennessy's twin sister Jacqueline:

"Once substituted for her sister as Claire Kincaid on "Law and Order" when
Jill was out of town filming an "L&O" crossover episode for "Homicide: Life
on the Street." The two are so identical, viewers didn't notice the switch."

Does anybody know what episode(s) Jacqueline Hennessy appeared in as Claire?

Walt

Sep 3, 2002, 9:54:02 AM9/3/02
Don said:

I'm not sure myself about which episodes Jacquiline subbed for Jill as Claire,
but I had another thought concerning Claire:

Watching the older episodes of "Charmed" that began airing this morning
(Tuesday 9/3) on TNT (at 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM), seeing Shannen Doherty again, it
occured to me if Dick Wolf had simply wanted to recast Claire instead of
replace her with Carey Lowell as Jamie Ross, it's quite possible in this
scenario that Ms. Doherty very well would have been perfect to take over as
Claire. Shannen Doherty looks enough like Jill Hennessy and is roughly the same
age as Ms. Hennessy (though I think Ms. Hennessy is a year older), that it
could have been pulled off. Keep in mind, had Claire survived the car crash,
she would likely have needed some facial work and probably would have looked
different and perhaps sounded a bit different as well.

Just a thought.

Walt

E-mail me at: Free...@juno.com

J Alex

Sep 3, 2002, 11:41:02 AM9/3/02

"Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <n...@spam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <R32d9.53732$Fb.21...@news1.west.cox.net>, Don Dartfield

> <2...@jornada.org> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know what episode(s) Jacqueline Hennessy appeared in as
Claire?

> Only some courtroom scenes, AFAIK. I don't think she had dialogue.
>
> Now what I want to know is, when Jill left the show, why didn't her
> sister take over full-time as Claire? Nobody would have noticed the
> difference.

I thought Jacqueline wasn't an actress. Or are you implying that Jill isn't
either?

Dan Sgambelluri

Sep 3, 2002, 1:38:21 PM9/3/02
I've seen a pic of both of them side by side, I think it was a tabliod. Not
sure which one. Of course the pic was recent so 12 years ago, Jacqueline
might look like Jill more than she does now. There is a difference, not a
big one but there is a difference and Jacqueline can pass as Jill on long
shots or shots in which Stone or McCoy are in focus and Claire is in the
background not focused on.

"Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <n...@spam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <R32d9.53732$Fb.21...@news1.west.cox.net>, Don Dartfield
> <2...@jornada.org> wrote:
>

> > Does anybody know what episode(s) Jacqueline Hennessy appeared in as
Claire?

> Only some courtroom scenes, AFAIK. I don't think she had dialogue.
>
> Now what I want to know is, when Jill left the show, why didn't her
> sister take over full-time as Claire? Nobody would have noticed the
> difference.
>

> --
> "No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we
have
> pulled down the stars to our will."
> - Ezra Pound, poet and critic, 9/18/1912, reflecting on New York City

david

Sep 3, 2002, 3:07:55 PM9/3/02
laword...@aol.com (Walt) wrote in message news:<20020903095402...@mb-cg.aol.com>...

> Don said:
>

> >I was just browsing IMDB's listings and came upon this in the Trivia section
> >for Jill Hennessy's twin sister Jacqueline:
> >
> >"Once substituted for her sister as Claire Kincaid on "Law and Order" when
> >Jill was out of town filming an "L&O" crossover episode for "Homicide: Life
> >on the Street." The two are so identical, viewers didn't notice the switch."
> >
> >Does anybody know what episode(s) Jacqueline Hennessy appeared in as Claire?
>
> I'm not sure myself about which episodes Jacquiline subbed for Jill as Claire,
> but I had another thought concerning Claire:

It was the first cross-over.

> Watching the older episodes of "Charmed" that began airing this morning
> (Tuesday 9/3) on TNT (at 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM), seeing Shannen Doherty again, it
> occured to me if Dick Wolf had simply wanted to recast Claire instead of
> replace her with Carey Lowell as Jamie Ross, it's quite possible in this
> scenario that Ms. Doherty very well would have been perfect to take over as
> Claire. Shannen Doherty looks enough like Jill Hennessy and is roughly the same
> age as Ms. Hennessy (though I think Ms. Hennessy is a year older), that it
> could have been pulled off. Keep in mind, had Claire survived the car crash,
> she would likely have needed some facial work and probably would have looked
> different and perhaps sounded a bit different as well.
>
> Just a thought.

Sounds like something they would do in a soap opera.

I'm not sure Dick Wolf is willing to put up with S. Doherty's ego and baggage.

Walt

Sep 3, 2002, 5:17:29 PM9/3/02
I originally said:

>> Watching the older episodes of "Charmed" that began airing this morning
>> (Tuesday 9/3) on TNT (at 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM), seeing Shannen Doherty again,
>it
>> occured to me if Dick Wolf had simply wanted to recast Claire instead of
>> replace her with Carey Lowell as Jamie Ross, it's quite possible in this
>> scenario that Ms. Doherty very well would have been perfect to take over as
>> Claire. Shannen Doherty looks enough like Jill Hennessy and is roughly the
>same
>> age as Ms. Hennessy (though I think Ms. Hennessy is a year older), that it
>> could have been pulled off. Keep in mind, had Claire survived the car
>crash,
>> she would likely have needed some facial work and probably would have
>looked
>> different and perhaps sounded a bit different as well.
>>
>> Just a thought.

To which DejaDave replied:

>Sounds like something they would do in a soap opera.

That may have been true on the soap opera, however, it was well noted at the
time that Jill Hennessy originally was supposed to return for one episode in
season seven (I believe "Corruption"), however, I believe Ms. Hennessy was
filming "A Smile Like Yours" with Greg Kinnear and Lauren Holly at that time
and may not have been available when "Corruption" was shot.

>I'm not sure Dick Wolf is willing to put up with S. Doherty's ego and
>baggage.

Actually, also being a regular poster in the "Charmed" (alt.tv.charmed)
newsgroup, there are a number of posters there who know people who have worked
with Ms. Doherty on that show, and she actually is much different from how
she's portrayed in many circles. She has a level of festiness that seems would
probably work well if she guested on "L & O" as a defense attorney opposite Sam
Waterston, and it would be doubly interesting if it were a "not-so-Charming
reunion" with her real-life best friend (and former "Charmed" co-star) Holly
Marie Combs (with them on opposite sides of a major murder trial), who I've
also mentioned many times would in my opinion be who I'd like to see eventually
replace Elisabeth Rohm as Jack's assistant.

Mal desert

Sep 3, 2002, 5:34:53 PM9/3/02
>Subject: Re: Jacqueline Hennessy as Claire Kincaid?
>From: laword...@aol.com (Walt)
>Date: 9/3/02 6:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time
>

>Watching the older episodes of "Charmed" that began airing this morning
>(Tuesday 9/3) on TNT (at 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM), seeing Shannen Doherty again, it
>occured to me if Dick Wolf had simply wanted to recast Claire instead of
>replace her with Carey Lowell as Jamie Ross, it's quite possible in this
>scenario that Ms. Doherty very well would have been perfect to take over as
>Claire. Shannen Doherty looks enough like Jill Hennessy and is roughly the
>same
>age as Ms. Hennessy (though I think Ms. Hennessy is a year older), that it
>could have been pulled off. Keep in mind, had Claire survived the car crash,
>she would likely have needed some facial work and probably would have looked
>different and perhaps sounded a bit different as well.
>
>Just a thought.
>
>Walt
>
>E-mail me at: Free...@juno.com

I liked Jill Hennsessy as well as anybody but why in the world would she want
to come back to L&O. She has a series of her own now and wihile I'm not crazy
about it, she IS the star.

I for one don't want her back. Let's move on.

mald...@aol.com>

david

Sep 3, 2002, 6:05:45 PM9/3/02
"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgamb...@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<hs6d9.243775$v53.13...@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>...

> I've seen a pic of both of them side by side, I think it was a tabliod. Not
> sure which one. Of course the pic was recent so 12 years ago, Jacqueline
> might look like Jill more than she does now. There is a difference, not a
> big one but there is a difference and Jacqueline can pass as Jill on long
> shots or shots in which Stone or McCoy are in focus and Claire is in the
> background not focused on.

They acted together in the movie "Dead Ringer" (w/ Jeremy Irons).
They played twin hookers and looked very much alike. Of course, that
was a while ago - pre L&O.

Walt

Sep 3, 2002, 6:29:56 PM9/3/02
Mal:

In that last post, I was talking about 1996, SIX YEARS AGO. Remember, Claire
was the first female ADA on "L & O", and at that time, Claire was NOT yet
considered to be dead (they deliberately wrote Claire as not being dead
originally). I was just thinking in retrospect, had Dick Wolf opted to recast
the role of Claire in 1996 instead of bringing in Carey Lowell as Jamie Ross,
Shannen Doherty might very well have been an ideal choice to take over as
Claire had that route been taken instead of what was done.

As I said earlier, that was just a thought and nothing more, which came out of
seeing older episodes of "Charmed" for the first time as that show started its
daily run on TNT today (Tuesday, September 3).

p & e

Cirocco

Sep 3, 2002, 6:33:26 PM9/3/02
"Don Dartfield" <2...@jornada.org> wrote in message news:<R32d9.53732$Fb.21...@news1.west.cox.net>...

I believe it was Corpus Delecti - she has no lines at all in the
courtroom scenes.

I don't think Jacqueline is an actress, which is why she could sub in
for a 'warm body' shot, but not for a speaking, acting role. I may be
wrong though.

Mary1973

Sep 3, 2002, 7:02:27 PM9/3/02
> Watching the older episodes of "Charmed" that began airing this morning
> (Tuesday 9/3) on TNT (at 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM), seeing Shannen Doherty again,
it
> occured to me if Dick Wolf had simply wanted to recast Claire instead of
> replace her with Carey Lowell as Jamie Ross, it's quite possible in this
> scenario that Ms. Doherty very well would have been perfect to take over
as
> Claire.

Walt,

Get your eyes checked. They look nothing alike.

Robert Matthews

Sep 3, 2002, 7:25:42 PM9/3/02
In article <20020903171729...@mb-cg.aol.com>,
laword...@aol.com (Walt) wrote:

> Actually, also being a regular poster in the "Charmed" (alt.tv.charmed)
> newsgroup, there are a number of posters there who know people who have
> worked with Ms. Doherty on that show, and she actually is much different from
> how she's portrayed in many circles. She has a level of festiness that seems
> would probably work well if she guested on "L & O" as a defense attorney
> opposite Sam Waterston, and it would be doubly interesting if it were a
> "not-so-Charming reunion" with her real-life best friend (and former
> "Charmed" co-star) Holly Marie Combs (with them on opposite sides of a major
> murder trial), who I've also mentioned many times would in my opinion be who
> I'd like to see eventually replace Elisabeth Rohm as Jack's assistant.

Jesus fucking Christ, Walt, will you give it up?

I hope Holly Marie Combs gets hit by a bus or moves to Antarctica or quits
acting in favour of administering vaccines in Namibia, ANYTHING so we don't have
to hear you gibber on, week in and week out, about a not-so-fucking-charming
reunion that's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

You're that close to being a stalker.

Robert Matthews

Dan Sgambelluri

Sep 3, 2002, 8:32:49 PM9/3/02
like I said before, there is a difference, not a big difference but there is
a difference and they can do the double switch back than. I don't think now
they can because Jill is way skinner than Jacqueline was. Plus the pic I
was refering to was a recent pic from a tabliod

"david" <deja...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dan Sgambelluri

Sep 3, 2002, 8:33:55 PM9/3/02
like David said, Jacqueline and Jill played twin hookers in Dead Ringers but
Jacqueline is or was the editor for a women's magazine

"Cirocco" <cirocc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

david

Sep 3, 2002, 10:32:51 PM9/3/02
cirocc...@yahoo.com (Cirocco) wrote in message

> I don't think Jacqueline is an actress, which is why she could sub in
> for a 'warm body' shot, but not for a speaking, acting role. I may be
> wrong though.

Off topic: Linda Hamilton's identical twin sister was a warm body at the end of T2.

Walt

Sep 4, 2002, 6:13:12 AM9/4/02
Robert:

My viewpoints on who I would have become the next ADA when it is time to
replace Elisabeth Rohm have to do with two big reasons:

1. While shows on the WB may not get the best numbers, as I've noted many times
how their shows have a considerable fan loyalty not seen even by the most
popular shows on the "big four" networks. This is why when this NG discussed
who might have been a replacement for Angie Harmon (which turned out to be
Elisabeth Rohm), one of who I mentioned was Jamie Luner, who was on the WB
series Savannah (a series that ended WAY too early because of from what I
remember philosophical changes at The WB several years ago), with many of her
fans from there following her to Melrose Place (where she was on for the final
two seasons of that show), and then on to NBC for the final season of Profiler
(which only ended when it did because of NBC's ill-fated attempt with the XFL
on Saturday nights in 2001, as NBC didn't have a suitable time slot available
for "Profiler"). Ms. Luner I think would actually have been a better choice as
the ADA when we were looking for a replacement for Angie Harmon in my opinion,
and anyone who saw her on "Profiler" that last season would know she would have
been great as Jack's assistant. She is ALSO someone I'd love to see eventually
take over the role from Elisabeth Rohm if Dick Wolf is smart enough to make
such a move when the time comes.

2. In the case of "Charmed" in particular, the numbers don't tell the whole
story with that show. Even though that show's numbers have been down
considerably the last season (which is why many of us have thought this will be
the last season of "Charmed"), that has been because it had to last season air
directly opposite "Crime Scene Investigation" (aka CSI, now the most-watched
show on television) on CBS as well as the comedy pairing of "Will & Grace" and
"Just Shoot Me" on NBC. This is actually something many "Charmed" fans refuse
to accept, as most of them think the tank in ratings last season had everything
to do with Shannen Doherty leaving when it was not.

Even though "Charmed's" numbers are very low (though there are a surprising
number of fans of "Law & Order" who also are fans of "Charmed"), if you ever
went to the Charmed Newsgroup (alt.tv.charmed) or other boards related to the
WB show, you would find a far greater number of fans posting about "Charmed"
than you ever see concerning "Law & Order" (in fact, a search on AOL concerning
"Charmed" found nearly 465,000 sites concerning "Charmed", whereas if you look
for the TV Show "Law & Order", that number drops considerably, on the search I
did in the low four figures, but if you include the two spinoffs that number
probably grows some (you have to do "L & O" the TV Show because you otherwise
find it mixed in with various Police sites). You would have a better
understanding why I've felt that when "Charmed" ends my first choice to take
over as the ADA would be Holly Marie Combs, though she is FAR from the only WB
actor I think would be a great choice to take over as the ADA.

Another is Ms. Combs' sometimes co-star on "Charmed", Dorian Gregory (who
currently co-hosts "The Other Half" with Dick Clark and Danny Bonaduce among
others in daytime syndication). He is another who would bring "Charmed" fans to
"L & O" that I have previously mentioned, and would be a great choice if they
decided to ever go back to having a male ADA. He happens to be black, and that
in itself would help in this case as it would set up a potentially very similar
situation to the early seasons of "L & O" with Ben Stone (Michael Moriarity)
and Paul Robinette (Richard Brooks) that I think would make for some great
sub-storylines. We've never seen Jack McCoy with a male assistant, let alone
someone who is black, and I wonder how Jack would be working in that dynamic
after a long string of female assistants.

Another more obvious choice would be Shannen Doherty, except others who post in
the Charmed newsgroups and elsewhere have noted she probably doesn't want to do
another series full-time for now (that's why I've always mentioned her in a
guest role, most likely as a defense attorney on her first major murder case),
though I think being as prestigeous a series as "L & O" is, it might be one of
the only exceptions. If Ms. Doherty did join the cast as Jack's assistant (or
in another role), whatever I've said about Ms. Combs bringing fans over to "L &
O" from "Charmed" would be AT LEAST double if not more so.

The same would hold true in a few years if "Gilmore Girls" suddenly ended
(which I don't see for a very long time, as TV Guide called "GG" earlier this
summer "The best series you're not watching") and Lauren Graham suddenly became
available and she joined the cast of "L & O." While I doubt that would ever
happen, if it somehow did, that would be far bigger than if any member of
"Charmed" ever joined the cast of "L & O."

Trevor Hill

Sep 4, 2002, 1:16:41 PM9/4/02

Walt said:

if you ever went to the Charmed Newsgroup (alt.tv.charmed) or other boards
related to the WB show, you would find a far greater number of fans posting
about "Charmed" than you ever see concerning "Law & Order"

---

Really...more fans post on the Charmed newsgroup post about Charmed than
they do about L&O? Uhm...is that maybe because it's the "Charmed"
newsgroup?

For example, no one here (except you) posts about Charmed, since this is an
L&O newsgroup.

Why is it, even after I come back from a 12 month break from
alt.tv.law-and-order, you are still posting about the EXACT SAME THINGS as
when I left?

--Trevor

Walt

Sep 4, 2002, 1:56:07 PM9/4/02
Trevor:

What I meant was concerning the two groups, you see far more people in the
"Charmed" newsgroup posting about "Charmed" than you ever see in the "Law and
Order" newgroup posting about "Law and Order." I didn't think I needed to go to
that detail, I thought my previous post on this was self-explanitory.

Anyway, I may be stubborn in my ways, but I simply stick with what were my
opinions at the time, and they are still my opinions now. Not that I wouldn't
change them, but for now, those are my views.

T. G.

Sep 4, 2002, 4:20:20 PM9/4/02
Robert Matthews <pyr...@nospam.mac.deleteme.com> wrote in message news:<pyramus-DF1594...@nr-ott01.bellnexxia.net>...

> In article <20020903171729...@mb-cg.aol.com>,
> laword...@aol.com (Walt) wrote:
[snip]

> Jesus fucking Christ, Walt, will you give it up?
>
> I hope Holly Marie Combs gets hit by a bus or moves to Antarctica or quits
> acting in favour of administering vaccines in Namibia, ANYTHING so we don't have
> to hear you gibber on, week in and week out, about a not-so-fucking-charming
> reunion that's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
>
> You're that close to being a stalker.

Wouldn't it be easier just to try and help Walt get his wish? After
all, much of what you've suggested sounds less likely to happen then
what Walt wants.

Wondering if Jerry Orbach will ever convince Dick Wolf to do a musical
version of L&O,
Theget

At the end, is Shane dead, or is he just filled with angst?

david

Sep 6, 2002, 4:30:17 AM9/6/02
laword...@aol.com (Walt) wrote in message

> Anyway, I may be stubborn in my ways, but I simply stick with what were my
> opinions at the time, and they are still my opinions now. Not that I wouldn't
> change them, but for now, those are my views.

We know! God, we know! No need to repeat it week, after week, after
week, after month, after month. . .

Starting to border on troll-like activity.

Trevor Hill

Sep 6, 2002, 8:33:44 AM9/6/02

Starting to? I always considered it to be troll-like activity. He's in my
killfile at home, but when I read news from other places, then it still
slips through. :P

mikes wife

Sep 9, 2002, 6:45:20 PM9/9/02
Trevor Hill <tdh...@rees.math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message news:<Pine.SOL.4.44.020906...@rees.math.uwaterloo.ca>...

> On 6 Sep 2002, david wrote:
>
> |laword...@aol.com (Walt) wrote in message
> |>
> |> Anyway, I may be stubborn in my ways, but I simply stick with what were my
> |> opinions at the time, and they are still my opinions now. Not that I wouldn't
> |> change them, but for now, those are my views.
> |
> |We know! God, we know! No need to repeat it week, after week, after
> |week, after month, after month. . .
> |
> |Starting to border on troll-like activity.

There used to be more activity here.. like Kitt, Consta, etc.. all
those people are gone unfortunately..

mikes wife

Sep 9, 2002, 6:47:40 PM9/9/02

Agreed..is Walt a retired person with an obsession with CHarmed?

mikes wife

Sep 9, 2002, 6:48:57 PM9/9/02
deja...@hotmail.com (david) wrote in message news:<76bd873b.02090...@posting.google.com>...

Jacq is way heavier than Jill now. THere's a book on twins or sisters
that the girls appeared together on the cover..

William December Starr

Sep 10, 2002, 10:50:09 PM9/10/02
In article <8c18d557.02090...@posting.google.com>,
mrsmik...@c4.com (mikes wife) said:

> There used to be more activity here.. like Kitt, Consta, etc.. all
> those people are gone unfortunately..

I think things always die down in here over the between the end of
one season and the beginning of the next.

-- William December Starr <wds...@panix.com>

neild...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2016, 3:28:25 PM2/20/16
I don't know if anyone answered this question.. It was a 1996 episode titled Corpus Delecti .. Laughing posting this 14 years later,

jack

Feb 20, 2016, 4:31:39 PM2/20/16
You get the reviving-a-dead-thread award. What ever happened to December Starr btw?

Martin Edwards

Feb 21, 2016, 2:28:44 AM2/21/16
It was a pair of episodes with one from Homiccide, Life on the Street.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman

scand...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2018, 11:44:51 AM6/2/18
Corpus delicti

Line Danzer

Nov 20, 2020, 5:05:48 PM11/20/20
On Tuesday, September 3, 2002 at 5:39:13 AM UTC-7, Don Dartfield wrote:
> I was just browsing IMDB's listings and came upon this in the Trivia section
> for Jill Hennessy's twin sister Jacqueline:
> "Once substituted for her sister as Claire Kincaid on "Law and Order" when
> Jill was out of town filming an "L&O" crossover episode for "Homicide: Life
> on the Street." The two are so identical, viewers didn't notice the switch."
> Does anybody know what episode(s) Jacqueline Hennessy appeared in as Claire?

Yes, it's S6, E11 Corpus Delecti

Matthew Costello

May 17, 2021, 10:38:39 PM5/17/21
On Tuesday, September 3, 2002 at 8:39:13 AM UTC-4, Don Dartfield wrote:
> I was just browsing IMDB's listings and came upon this in the Trivia section
> for Jill Hennessy's twin sister Jacqueline:
> "Once substituted for her sister as Claire Kincaid on "Law and Order" when
> Jill was out of town filming an "L&O" crossover episode for "Homicide: Life
> on the Street." The two are so identical, viewers didn't notice the switch."
> Does anybody know what episode(s) Jacqueline Hennessy appeared in as Claire?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629216/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ql_1 it was corpus delecti

K Webster

Sep 6, 2022, 8:25:05 PM9/6/22
On Tuesday, September 3, 2002 at 11:41:02 AM UTC-4, J Alex wrote:
> "Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <n...@spam.invalid> wrote in message
> > In article <R32d9.53732$Fb.21...@news1.west.cox.net>, Don Dartfield
> > <2...@jornada.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Does anybody know what episode(s) Jacqueline Hennessy appeared in as
> Claire?
> >
> > Only some courtroom scenes, AFAIK. I don't think she had dialogue.
> >
> > Now what I want to know is, when Jill left the show, why didn't her
> > sister take over full-time as Claire? Nobody would have noticed the
> > difference.
> >
> I thought Jacqueline wasn't an actress. Or are you implying that Jill isn't
> either?
Replying to a 20 year old thread in case anyone else reads this. Everyone would have known the difference. There is no way even a twin sister could mimic every detail of another person's speech, facial expressions, and mannerisms, without giving herself away. That's why all her shots were from a distance with no speaking parts. The episode was Corpus Delicti, January 17, 1996.