o/t - Is George W Bush a Racist?

David / Amicus

Nov 9, 2010, 5:30:30 PM11/9/10
He's said that criticism has hurt him most.

This is being discused on the radio program (KGO) I'm listening to.

Even the liberal host (Gene Burns) says the accusation is unfounded.

David Johnston

Nov 9, 2010, 6:13:09 PM11/9/10
I see no reason to care whether he's a racist.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 9, 2010, 6:58:06 PM11/9/10

"David / Amicus" <Ami...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> He's said that criticism has hurt him most.
>

> This is being discused on the radio program (KGO) I'm listening to.
>
> Even the liberal host (Gene Burns) says the accusation is unfounded.

No the Chimpler hated all poor people not just Black ones.
what is disturbing is that he thinks that is the low point of the
Presidency.
Two wars, 9/11, the destruction of NOLA and such. all events that allowed
him to act "Presidential" {cue hail to the chief}

theget

Nov 9, 2010, 7:23:31 PM11/9/10
On Nov 9, 6:58 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "David / Amicus" <Ami...@webtv.net> wrote in messagenews:4012-4CD9...@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net...

> > He's said that criticism has hurt him most.
>
> > This is being discused on the radio program (KGO) I'm listening to.
>
> > Even the liberal host (Gene Burns) says the accusation is unfounded.
>
> No the Chimpler hated all poor people not just Black ones.

Evidence?

> what is disturbing is that he thinks that is the low point of the
> Presidency.

Many people would think that wrongfully being called a racist would be
a low point.

> Two wars,

The responsibility for which only one may be placed at his feet.
Unless you're some sort of truther.

> 9/11,

Are you a truther?

> the destruction of NOLA

For which he isn't responsible. Unless you think he was setting off
dynamite charges after the storm. Or you think his hurricane machine
was working that day. Maybe the fault for the really bad problems in
NOLA can be placed at the feet of an incompetent government and
leaders like Ray "chocolate city" Nagin. Speaking of racism.

> and such.

And such?

> all events that allowed him to act "Presidential"

He's obviously motivated by different things than you are.

> {cue hail to the chief}

Well I sure won't be playing it for the new messiah.

Porter Smith

Nov 9, 2010, 7:44:05 PM11/9/10
Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote in news:4012-4CD9CB86-1769
@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

> He's said that criticism has hurt him most.
>

> This is being discused on the radio program (KGO) I'm listening to.
>
> Even the liberal host (Gene Burns) says the accusation is unfounded.

Everything I have heard or read makes me think he is one of the kindest,
nicest and most deeply religious people to ever hold that office.
Unfortunately, he was also one of the most naive, willing to accept as
Gospel whatever his handlers told him.

I think he truly beleived that there were WMDs in Iraq, Brownie really did
a great job dealing with Katrina, and if everyone just adopted his moral
values, all the other problems would magically disappear.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 9, 2010, 10:38:44 PM11/9/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

Evidence?

> Two wars,

> 9/11,

Are you a truther?

> the destruction of NOLA

> and such.

And such?

I see your memory doesn't extend to before Jan 2009.

and only wingnuts use the term Messiah.
rational people don't think that,
but by calling him the Messiah you think you rasise expectations to heights
no one can attain.

and you have exposed yourself as a Limbaugh listener because He's the one
who started and keeps alive the Messiah crap.
and also exposed yourself as a liar for saying you don't listen to him.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 9, 2010, 10:41:05 PM11/9/10

"Porter Smith" <my_por...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Religious???/
he only claimed that to get you "Christians" to vote for him
he never went to or goes to church.
you've been scammed son.

theget

Nov 9, 2010, 11:06:25 PM11/9/10
On Nov 9, 10:38 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

> I see your memory doesn't extend to before Jan 2009.

I never claimed my memory was very good. But I can remember a few
things that occurred before that date.

> and only wingnuts use the term Messiah.

For Hopey McChange? For The Divine Incarnation?

> rational people don't think that,

No True Scotsman?

Rational people? Hmmmm... Well, I consider myself to be mostly
rational. Perhaps not 100%, but in my limited experience no one I've
met is. And plenty of people like to call The Chosen One, The
Messiah, because of the feelings he inspires in those who think he can
do no wrong, walk on water and use Obamacare to cure the sick.

> but by calling him the Messiah you think you rasise expectations to heights
> no one can attain.

He already did that all on his own. I only call him The Messiah to
mock him and his acolytes.

> and you have exposed yourself as a Limbaugh listener because

Nope.

> He's the one
> who started and keeps alive the Messiah crap.

I really wouldn't know. How do you know? I just hear it around,
actually providing a counter to your point.

> and also exposed yourself as a liar

Let me know if that big lie thing works out for you.

> for saying you don't listen to him.

Nope. Don't listen to him. But enjoy your fantasy. As an Obama
supporter you already have a bit of practice with fantasy.

But tell us Ray, why do you have this unending obsession with Rush?
What is it about him that consumes you, keeping you up at night?
Nagging at you as you try to enjoy a quiet moment, your thoughts turn
to him. You are captivated by him. Tell us about it, because if he's
really all that compelling, maybe I ought to start listening to him.
If I do, you can chalk that up as another of your successes.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 9, 2010, 11:38:47 PM11/9/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

No True Scotsman?

Nope.

Why with Rush and Beck,
because they are very effective propagandist-demagogue-agitators who
knowingly pass on stories they know are twisted or flat out lies.
take the recent $200 million a day trip to India/South Asia.
on their radio show, which has a huge radio audiances Beck and Rush both
reported that as fact,
and now millions of kooks believe it just as they believe he's a Kenyon
Muslim Manchurian Candidate.

And no I don't equate you with them and I'm just teasing you, you're
actually semi-rational for a conservative.

David Johnston

Nov 10, 2010, 12:20:22 AM11/10/10
On Nov 9, 3:30 pm, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
> He's said that criticism has hurt him most.

That criticism...from whom?

theget

Nov 10, 2010, 1:01:28 AM11/10/10
On Nov 9, 11:38 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just teasing you,

Please don't stop.

sctvguy1

Nov 10, 2010, 9:21:55 AM11/10/10
David / Amicus wrote:

Most people realize that the term "racist" is thrown about by people when
they have no other argument. It is hard to deny it, because the more you
deny it, the more it looks like you have something to hide. I reversed this
one time in class, when a black student called me a "cracker" and I told him
that he was a racist! Oh man, did he go ballistic! He told me that blacks
can't be racists, only white, and or other people. It is a sickness.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 10, 2010, 12:57:23 PM11/10/10

"David Johnston" <rgo...@telus.net> wrote in message

On Nov 9, 3:30 pm, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
> He's said that criticism has hurt him most.

That criticism...from whom?

in his memoirs the Chimpler wrote the low point of his Presidency was Kanye
West saying Bush didn't like Black people.
of all the bullshit he's spouted that might be the most cluelessly offensive
thing yet.

David Johnston

Nov 10, 2010, 2:42:59 PM11/10/10
On Nov 10, 10:57 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "David Johnston" <rgor...@telus.net> wrote in message

> On Nov 9, 3:30 pm, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
>
> > He's said that criticism has hurt him most.
>
> That criticism...from whom?

> in his memoirs the Chimpler wrote the low point of his Presidency was Kanye
> West saying Bush didn't like Black people.

Being accused of racism by an intoxicated jackass is not what I'd pick
as his low point.

David / Amicus

Nov 10, 2010, 2:46:58 PM11/10/10
<<Religious???/
he only claimed that to get you "Christians" to vote for him he never
went to or goes to church.
you've been scammed son.>>

I never voted for Mr Bush either in 2000 or 2004. Both times I voted
for the Constitution Party candidate.

And in 2008 I had the honor and privelege to cast my vote for the other
Black candidate - Mr Alan Keyes!

David / Amicus

Nov 10, 2010, 2:43:17 PM11/10/10
<<and you have exposed yourself as a Limbaugh listener because He's the
one who started and keeps alive the Messiah crap. and also exposed
yourself as a liar for saying you don't listen to him.>>

Rather than Messiah lately I've heard Rush refer to him as Imam.

David / Amicus

Nov 10, 2010, 2:50:15 PM11/10/10
<<Why with Rush and Beck,...>>

I listen to Rush. I can not stand Beck!

I'm Catholic. Beck is an apostate Catholic who left Holy Mother Church
for another religion!

A1...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2010, 3:26:18 PM11/10/10

Re: o/t - Is George W Bush a Racist?

Does a bear shit in the woods?
Is the pope Catholic?
Are the Buffalo Bills winless this season?

ZZH...@yahoo.com

Nov 10, 2010, 3:27:30 PM11/10/10
On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:30:30 -0800, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus)
wrote:

>He's said that criticism has hurt him most.

>This is being discused on the radio program (KGO) I'm listening to.
>
>Even the liberal host (Gene Burns) says the accusation is unfounded.

On what planet is Gene Burns a liberal?
Becauase he ain't a liberal on this planet earth.

Z...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2010, 3:38:09 PM11/10/10
On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 22:41:05 -0500, "Ray O'Hara"
<raymon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I think he truly beleived that there were WMDs in Iraq, Brownie really did
>> a great job dealing with Katrina, and if everyone just adopted his moral
>> values, all the other problems would magically disappear.
>>

>Religious???/
>he only claimed that to get you "Christians" to vote for him
>he never went to or goes to church.
>you've been scammed son.

Bear in mind it is very difficult for a president to atttend church.
Would you go to church if you knew the president was
going to attend which means the secret service was going
search every square inch of the place including every
attendee?.

That is why the president often has people like Billy Graham visit
him at the white house.

Radioguy

Nov 10, 2010, 3:46:54 PM11/10/10
'
Beck is a Mormon

David / Amicus

Nov 10, 2010, 4:00:56 PM11/10/10
<<Is the pope Catholic?>>

Ask that to a sedevacantist.

theget

Nov 10, 2010, 5:26:03 PM11/10/10

That's my favorite, when someone claims that their group whatever it
is can't be racist. Because that claim is a racist claim. If the
group they're claiming it about is a race.

theget

Nov 10, 2010, 5:29:22 PM11/10/10
On Nov 10, 4:00 pm, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
> <<Is the pope Catholic?>>
>
> Ask that to a sedevacantist.

I'm curious about something, feel free not to respond at all, but do
you consider Mel Gibson to be a Catholic?

David Johnston

Nov 10, 2010, 5:43:02 PM11/10/10

And you know, if you aren't a racist, that shouldn't be such a big
deal for you.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 10, 2010, 6:00:29 PM11/10/10

"Radioguy" <radi...@thehighroad.org> wrote in message

DA is right. Beck was a Catholic before jumping the fence.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 10, 2010, 6:02:25 PM11/10/10

<Z...@gmail.com> wrote in message

he didn't go before he was Pres nor since.

Billy Graham is just a photo op to fool the idiots

Ray O'Hara

Nov 10, 2010, 6:04:26 PM11/10/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

Mel is clearly a big.
Bush hates poor people. he likes rich people
but he is not a racist.

David / Amicus

Nov 10, 2010, 6:33:07 PM11/10/10
<<I'm curious about something, feel free not to respond at all, but do
you consider Mel Gibson to be a Catholic?>>

I just don't know. He has an independent chapel. I don't know who the
priest is that celebrates mass there nor where he got his Holy Orders.

I don't know what Mel personally believes. I understand that his father
is a sedevacantist.

Me personally I would not go to mass at his chapel.

The Archbishop of Los Angeles is not fond of the old Tridentine / Latin
mass. He does permit a weekly Sunday celebration spread over the month
at several different churches so none is at the same place two weeks in
a row.

A couple of decades ago I went to the old mass at Mission San Fernando.
Beautiful!

David / Amicus

Nov 10, 2010, 7:11:24 PM11/10/10
<<Mel is clearly a big.>>

"Big"? What does that mean? A big what?

Ray O'Hara

Nov 10, 2010, 11:17:50 PM11/10/10

> <<Mel is clearly a big.>>
>

> "Big"? What does that mean? A big what?

bigot.
i got distracted while typing.

D.F. Manno

Nov 10, 2010, 11:58:29 PM11/10/10
In article <4012-4CD9...@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net>,

Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:

> He's said that criticism has hurt him most.

Widdie Georgie got his po' liddle feelings hurt? Well, boo-fucking-hoo.
Man up and grow a pair. You were the fucking president of the United
States. Criticism comes with the job. A Connecticut newspaper warned in
1800 that Thomas Jefferson's election would mean that "murder, robbery,
rape, adultery, and incest will all be openly taught and practiced." Now
_that's_ criticism.

Besides, the Shrub has done worse. A helluva lot of people had more than
their feelings hurt because of his monumental fuck-up in Iraq. Hundreds
of thousands are _dead_ because of his war crimes.

--
D.F. Manno | dfm...@mail.com
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of

D.F. Manno

Nov 11, 2010, 12:02:53 AM11/11/10
In article
<0fedca7c-c043-45bf...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:

> > Two wars,
>
> The responsibility for which only one may be placed at his feet.

The responsibility for mismanaging both of them can be laid at his feet.

D.F. Manno

Nov 11, 2010, 12:07:30 AM11/11/10
In article <Xns9E2BC8C294423m...@207.246.207.163>,
Porter Smith <my_por...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> if everyone just adopted his moral
> values, all the other problems would magically disappear.

When your life's been saved by a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

D.F. Manno

Nov 11, 2010, 12:11:10 AM11/11/10
In article <jvvld61k6uthks05v...@4ax.com>,
ZZH...@yahoo.com wrote:

> David/Amicus wrote:
>
> >He's said that criticism has hurt him most.
> >
> >This is being discused on the radio program (KGO) I'm listening to.
> >
> >Even the liberal host (Gene Burns) says the accusation is unfounded.
>
> On what planet is Gene Burns a liberal?
> Becauase he ain't a liberal on this planet earth.

Libertarian? Liberal? What's the diff?

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 1:11:36 AM11/11/10

"D.F. Manno" <dfm...@mail.com> wrote in message

> In article
> <0fedca7c-c043-45bf...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:
>
>> > Two wars,
>>
>> The responsibility for which only one may be placed at his feet.
>
> The responsibility for mismanaging both of them can be laid at his feet.

also ignoring the warning "Bin Laden determined to attack in US"
doing something then might have prevent 9/11 and made Afghanistan
un-nessessary.
how he would have ginned up an attack on Iraq though without the 9/11
connection he made all the while he denies he made it would be problematic.

David Johnston

Nov 11, 2010, 9:02:39 AM11/11/10
On Nov 10, 11:11 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote in message

> > In article
> > <0fedca7c-c043-45bf-882e-bb809e1cd...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> >> The responsibility for which only one may be placed at his feet.
>
> > The responsibility for mismanaging both of them can be laid at his feet.
>
> also ignoring the warning "Bin Laden determined to attack in US"
> doing something then might have prevent 9/11 and made Afghanistan
> un-nessessary.
> how he would have ginned up an attack on Iraq though without the 9/11
> connection he made all the while he denies he made it would be problematic.

Oh, probably not. That was a vague warning at best. But I still find
it funny that he'd describe Kanye West acting like an idiot as Bush's
low point.

theget

Nov 11, 2010, 2:22:44 PM11/11/10
On Nov 10, 11:58 pm, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
> In article <4012-4CD9CB86-1...@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net>,

>  Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
>
> > He's said that criticism has hurt him most.
>
> Widdie Georgie got his po' liddle feelings hurt? Well, boo-fucking-hoo.
> Man up and grow a pair. You were the fucking president of the United
> States. Criticism comes with the job. A Connecticut newspaper warned in
> 1800 that Thomas Jefferson's election would mean that "murder, robbery,
> rape, adultery, and incest will all be openly taught and practiced." Now
> _that's_ criticism.

Or maybe a great reason to vote for ole Tom.

> Besides, the Shrub has done worse. A helluva lot of people had more than
> their feelings hurt because of his monumental fuck-up in Iraq. Hundreds
> of thousands are _dead_ because of his war crimes.

Strange, I don't think he's been accused in a court of law anywhere.
Besides which, that's probably fewer people then would have been
murdered by Saddam.

7...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2010, 2:22:51 PM11/11/10
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 00:11:10 -0500, "D.F. Manno" <dfm...@mail.com>
wrote:

>> On what planet is Gene Burns a liberal?
>> Becauase he ain't a liberal on this planet earth.
>
>Libertarian? Liberal? What's the diff?
Libertarian .not. = liberal.

Go read up on Libertarians some time.

theget

Nov 11, 2010, 2:23:38 PM11/11/10
On Nov 11, 12:02 am, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
> In article
> <0fedca7c-c043-45bf-882e-bb809e1cd...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

>  theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:
> > > Two wars,
>
> > The responsibility for which only one may be placed at his feet.
>
> The responsibility for mismanaging both of them can be laid at his feet.

As long as you're also willing to put any good results from them at
his feet too, sure.

But it's Obama's party now. Let's see how he does.

theget

Nov 11, 2010, 2:24:25 PM11/11/10
On Nov 11, 12:11 am, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:

> Libertarian? Liberal? What's the diff?

Pretty extensive actually.

theget

Nov 11, 2010, 2:27:44 PM11/11/10

Maybe because he's a very touchy feely sort of guy. Remember the back
rub he tried to give Merkel? He's all about the personal stuff. I
think it helped get him elected. I think it also speaks to why he
tried to nominate Harriet Miers.

His motivations are a little bit different.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 3:25:16 PM11/11/10

"David Johnston" <rgo...@telus.net> wrote in message

the warning was quite good and there was intellegence about flight training
but Chimpy and crew chose instead to completely ignore it.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 3:29:00 PM11/11/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

Meiers was rewarding loyalty.
Bush brought his whole Texas crew with hhim.
Rove Condi, Meiers.

Bush is probably a great guy to smoke weed , do some lines and have a beer
with.
and the fools in flyover land like that.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 3:33:34 PM11/11/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

Bush gets the credit for the fuck-up he made.
Obama has gotten us out of Iraq and he's reversed the problems in
afghanistan.
and he's taken out more Al Qaeda in two years than bush did in the 6 he was
at war.
Afghanistan would be over now if Bush had stayed with it rather than sending
everybody to Iraq.
all he did in Iraq was replace a secular government that hated us with a
muslim government that hates us and which will support Al Qaeda.
Bin Laden hated Saddam and Saddam would feed Al Qaeda into those infamous
wood chippers.

like a typical wingnut you completely ignore what happened.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 3:37:18 PM11/11/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

we killed a lot more than Saddam did, and saving Iraqis wasn't the excuse
used to attack nor is it our business.
we aren't saving the Burmese ot the North Koreans.
we are friendly with Malaysia even those they massacred well over 100,000
East Timorese.
so the "he was a bad guy" doesn't pass the laugh test.

David / Amicus

Nov 11, 2010, 5:12:56 PM11/11/10
<<we are friendly with Malaysia even those they massacred well over
100,000
East Timorese.>>

Isn't that Indonesia not Malaysia?

But why care about the East Timorese, they're only Catholic.

David Johnston

Nov 11, 2010, 6:05:01 PM11/11/10
On Nov 11, 1:25 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "David Johnston" <rgor...@telus.net> wrote in message

> On Nov 10, 11:11 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote in message

> > > In article
> > > <0fedca7c-c043-45bf-882e-bb809e1cd...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> > > The responsibility for mismanaging both of them can be laid at his feet.
>
> > also ignoring the warning "Bin Laden determined to attack in US"
> > doing something then might have prevent 9/11 and made Afghanistan
> > un-nessessary.
> > how he would have ginned up an attack on Iraq though without the 9/11
> > connection he made all the while he denies he made it would be
> > problematic.
>
> Oh, probably not.  That was a vague warning at best.  But I still find
> it funny that he'd describe Kanye West acting like an idiot as Bush's
> low point.

> the warning was quite good

It contained no actionable intelligence

and there was intellegence about flight training
> but Chimpy and crew chose instead to completely ignore it.

There's no indication that the flight training intelligence ever got
that high up the ladder.

theget

Nov 11, 2010, 7:55:35 PM11/11/10

Is that why Hopey McChange had a beer with Biden, that professor and
that cop?

theget

Nov 11, 2010, 7:58:07 PM11/11/10
On Nov 11, 3:33 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 12:02 am, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <0fedca7c-c043-45bf-882e-bb809e1cd...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> > > The responsibility for which only one may be placed at his feet.
>
> > The responsibility for mismanaging both of them can be laid at his feet.
>
> As long as you're also willing to put any good results from them at
> his feet too, sure.
>
> But it's Obama's party now.  Let's see how he does.

> Bush gets the credit for the fuck-up he made.
> Obama has gotten us out of Iraq

Are we out of Iraq then? I thought we still had troops there. And we
should still have troops there under the "You broke it you fix it"
rule.

> and he's reversed the problems in
> afghanistan.

In what way?

> and he's taken out more Al Qaeda in two years than bush did in the 6 he was
> at war.

So you wish that Bush had been more aggressive?

> Afghanistan would be over now if Bush had stayed with it rather than sending
> everybody to Iraq.

That's not clear to me.

> all he did in Iraq was replace a secular government that hated us with a
> muslim government that hates us and which will support Al Qaeda.
>  Bin Laden hated Saddam and Saddam would feed Al Qaeda into those infamous
> wood chippers.

Under "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" rule observed in the middle
east that's not entirely clear to me.

> like a typical wingnut you completely ignore what happened.

Nah. I just have a view of reality from here. Care to join the rest of
us?

theget

Nov 11, 2010, 8:02:31 PM11/11/10
On Nov 11, 3:37 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

> On Nov 10, 11:58 pm, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <4012-4CD9CB86-1...@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net>,
> > Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
>
> > > He's said that criticism has hurt him most.
>
> > Widdie Georgie got his po' liddle feelings hurt? Well, boo-fucking-hoo.
> > Man up and grow a pair. You were the fucking president of the United
> > States. Criticism comes with the job. A Connecticut newspaper warned in
> > 1800 that Thomas Jefferson's election would mean that "murder, robbery,
> > rape, adultery, and incest will all be openly taught and practiced." Now
> > _that's_ criticism.
>
> Or maybe a great reason to vote for ole Tom.
>

> > Besides, the Shrub has done worse. A helluva lot of people had more than
> > their feelings hurt because of his monumental fuck-up in Iraq. Hundreds
> > of thousands are _dead_ because of his war crimes.
>
> Strange, I don't think he's been accused in a court of law anywhere.
> Besides which, that's probably fewer people then would have been
> murdered by Saddam.
>
> ==================================================================================
>
> we killed a lot more than Saddam did, and saving Iraqis wasn't the excuse
> used to attack nor is it our business.

Ah, good to know that you don't care about the suffering of your
fellow man.

> we aren't saving the Burmese ot the North Koreans.

We don't have infinite resources. If a cop sees a person who is
speeding should he abandon saving someone from a heart attack to
apprehend them?

>  we are friendly with Malaysia even those they massacred well over 100,000
> East Timorese.

> so the "he was a bad guy" doesn't pass the laugh test.

The perfect should not be the enemy of the good. Our imperfection
doesn't make Saddam a nice fellow. He was a murderous dictator. Sure
we used him for our own ends at one time, but there's no reason not to
correct that mistake.

However. I will grant that we've made a mess of things in Iraq. We
shouldn't have gone in if we didn't have the intention of nation
building. Another opportunity wasted. My only hope at this point is
that it will spark a nation wide debate about why we were able to
reshape Germany, Italy and Japan, and why we're not doing nearly as
well today in Iraq and Afghanistan.

David / Amicus

Nov 11, 2010, 9:15:21 PM11/11/10
<<My only hope at this point is that it will spark a nation wide debate
about why we were able to reshape Germany, Italy and Japan, and why
we're not doing nearly as well today in Iraq and Afghanistan.>>

That can not happen until we're willing to admit that the problem is not
just terrorism but with the religion of Islam itself. And that is not
p.c.!

I thought maybe one solution to the Afghanistan situation would be to
let China colonize the country with say 10,000,000 ethnic Han Chinese!

Help China with its population problem and "kill two birds with one
stone".

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 11:24:53 PM11/11/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

sure why not. it works for the wingnuts.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 11:28:24 PM11/11/10

"David Johnston" <rgo...@telus.net> wrote in message

on being briefed they chose not to follow it up.
the Bushites just said thanks and put it out of their mind by the time the
briefer stopped talking.

one doesn't just say , well it doesn't have an exact time or date so why
bother pursuing it.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 11:29:45 PM11/11/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

In what way?

your view of reality is confused by your stupidity.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 11, 2010, 11:31:18 PM11/11/10

"theget" <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message

and the flat out criminal, the attack on Iraq is the enemy of whats right.

David Johnston

Nov 12, 2010, 1:00:57 AM11/12/10

I have never heard any indication that information was contained in a
briefing.

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 1:06:49 AM11/12/10
On Nov 11, 9:15 pm, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
> <<My only hope at this point is that it will spark a nation wide debate
> about why we were able to reshape Germany, Italy and Japan, and why
> we're not doing nearly as well today in Iraq and Afghanistan.>>
>
> That can not happen until we're willing to admit that the problem is not
> just terrorism but with the religion of Islam itself.

It's not clear to me that there is a problem with Islam itself. Keep
in mind that Japan isn't Christian either.

> And that is not
> p.c.!

Who cares.

Please tell me what you think the problem with Islam is.

> I thought maybe one solution to the Afghanistan situation would be to
> let China colonize the country with say 10,000,000 ethnic Han Chinese!
>
> Help China with its population problem and "kill two birds with one
> stone".

Do you have any suggestions that won't plunge the world into even more
madness?

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 1:07:13 AM11/12/10

I love it when you tease.

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 1:08:06 AM11/12/10

That's very probably true. But at least I have a view of reality.

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 1:08:50 AM11/12/10

Then maybe next time Saddam won't keep up his impression of someone
who has WMD to hide.

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 1:16:23 AM11/12/10

I think this might make for some interesting reading.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/02/washington/03ricecnd.html

David Johnston

Nov 12, 2010, 2:52:49 AM11/12/10
On Nov 11, 11:16 pm, theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:

> > > on being briefed they chose not to follow it up.
> > > the Bushites just said thanks and put it out of their mind by the time the
> > > briefer stopped talking.
>
> > I have never heard any indication that information was contained in a
> > briefing.
>
> I think this might make for some interesting reading.http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/02/washington/03ricecnd.html

It gives me no reason to change my statement. I have never heard any
indication that the Bush administration was ever told about the flight
training.

nob...@junk.min.net

Nov 12, 2010, 3:23:17 PM11/12/10
In <dfmanno-98920E...@albasani.net>, on 11/11/10
at 12:02 AM, "D.F. Manno" <dfm...@mail.com> said:

>> > Two wars,
>>
>> The responsibility for which only one may be placed at his feet.

>The responsibility for mismanaging both of them can be laid at his feet.

It's easier to manage one war than two. Had Bush stuck with the one in
Afghanistan, the government of which actually was protecting the
instigator of 9/11, he would have had a better chance of handling that one
well. Even had he done so, however, Afghanistan has always been a tough
place for invaders to succeed.

Iraq was totally unnecessary. Saddam was not involved with 9/11, was not
a radical Islamist leader (which was why he was also on al Qaeda's sh*t
list), and was not a threat to the U.S. Cruel dictator, yes, but there
are lots of those, which doesn't seem to bother U.S. governments enough to
invade any of their countries. Bush and Co. wanted Saddam out, so Bush
mentioned Saddam every time he mentioned 9/11, which got Americans to link
the two. Presto, public desire for war with Iraq.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 12, 2010, 7:33:52 PM11/12/10

"David Johnston" <rgo...@telus.net> wrote in message

when the FBI thinks its worth mentioning in a briefing its worth checking
out more.
you don't ignore the warnings and then later say "nobody could conceive such
a thing happening"

you are just making more excuses for the Bushite incompetence.
wah wah wah it wasn't our fault wah wah wah.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 12, 2010, 7:38:04 PM11/12/10

"David Johnston" <rgo...@telus.net> wrote in message

they were warned about an attack.
okay, the exact particulars weren't known, SO WHAT?
Bush and company didn't do ANYTHING!!!
nothing nada zip zero.
they said thank you and put it out of their minds.
the correct procedure is to dig deeper. find out what's going on. they
didn't
and they rely on fools like you to defend them.

Ray O'Hara

Nov 12, 2010, 7:40:02 PM11/12/10

<nob...@junk.min.net> wrote in message

Bush is back to pushing the WMDs angle and again claiming "he kept us safe"
there's a large crater in NYC that shows we weren't kept safe.

David / Amicus

Nov 12, 2010, 8:10:17 PM11/12/10
According to the Honorable Elijah Muhammad white people are devils.

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 8:42:11 PM11/12/10
On Nov 12, 7:40 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com>

> Bush is back to pushing the WMDs angle and again claiming "he kept us safe"
> there's a large crater in NYC that shows we weren't kept safe.

Are you trying to link Saddam and 9/11?

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 8:45:34 PM11/12/10
On Nov 12, 8:10 pm, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
> According to the Honorable Elijah Muhammad white people are devils.

White people have a devil may care attitude about that opinion.

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 8:48:22 PM11/12/10
On Nov 12, 7:38 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "David Johnston" <rgor...@telus.net> wrote in message

> > > I have never heard any indication that information was contained in a
> > > briefing.
>
> > I think this might make for some interesting
> > reading.http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/02/washington/03ricecnd.html
>
> It gives me no reason to change my statement.  I have never heard any
> indication that the Bush administration was ever told about the flight
> training.
>
> ====================================================================================
>
>  they were warned about an attack.

An attack is coming. You've been warned.

> okay, the exact particulars weren't known, SO WHAT?

So what?

> Bush and company didn't do ANYTHING!!!

If only they had run around screaming "An Attack Is Coming! An Attack
Is Coming!" for your amusement.

> nothing nada zip zero.
> they said thank you and put it out of their minds.

How do you know this.

> the correct procedure is to dig deeper. find out what's going on. they
> didn't

Cite?

> and they rely on fools like you to defend them.

They know better than to rely on you because you're such a tease.

theget

Nov 12, 2010, 8:50:59 PM11/12/10

What specifically did the FBI mention?

> you don't ignore the warnings and then later say "nobody could conceive such
> a thing happening"

I don't think anyone except AQ anticipated driving airplanes into
buildings. Perhaps a failure of imagination. Did you expect it?

> you are just making more excuses for the Bushite incompetence.

> wah wah wah it wasn't our fault wah wah wah.

You forgot to call everyone a right wing nut fool. Please don't stop.

David Johnston

Nov 13, 2010, 10:43:36 AM11/13/10
On Nov 12, 6:10 pm, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
> According to the Honorable Elijah Muhammad white people are devils.

So what?

David Johnston

Nov 13, 2010, 10:50:32 AM11/13/10
On Nov 11, 6:02 pm, theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:

> However. I will grant that we've made a mess of things in Iraq. We
> shouldn't have gone in if we didn't have the intention of nation
> building. Another opportunity wasted. My only hope at this point is
> that it will spark a nation wide debate about why we were able to
> reshape Germany, Italy and Japan, and why we're not doing nearly as
> well today in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Because Germany, Italy and Japan were all first world nations being
reverted to a previous state of democracy and all three them had the
Russians to fear. Iraq and Afghanistan are third world nations with
no democratic history and have nothing they find scarier than the
Americans. Afghanistan of course, also has the perfect geography to
be unmanageable by anyone.

theget

Nov 13, 2010, 3:14:42 PM11/13/10

Suppose I grant the truth of your argument and wish to enquire into
the consequences. We have been attacked by an organization that was
given protection by the then government of Afghanistan. Your position
seems to imply that there isn't a way to change the country to prevent
this from recurring. My desire is that these sorts of attacks don't
happen again. Arguendo assume that I have a military with a per anum
budget of around US$1Tera and an arsenal that includes not only
conventional weapons but various chem, bio and nuclear WMD. What
should I do?

D.F. Manno

Nov 17, 2010, 1:24:11 PM11/17/10
In article
<ac3174b5-5b6e-4304...@n10g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,
theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 12:11 am, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
>
> > Libertarian? Liberal? What's the diff?
>
> Pretty extensive actually.

Sarcasm's not your strong suit?

--
D.F. Manno | dfm...@mail.com
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have
too little." (Franklin D. Roosevelt)

theget

Nov 17, 2010, 2:17:46 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 1:24 pm, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
> In article
> <ac3174b5-5b6e-4304-ab66-7ca5c5fd3...@n10g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,

>  theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 12:11 am, "D.F. Manno" <dfma...@mail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Libertarian? Liberal? What's the diff?
>
> > Pretty extensive actually.
>
> Sarcasm's not your strong suit?

That particular instance was lost on me.

David Johnston

Nov 17, 2010, 2:36:18 PM11/17/10
On Nov 13, 1:14 pm, theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 10:50 am, David Johnston <rgor...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 11, 6:02 pm, theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:
>
> > > However. I will grant that we've made a mess of things in Iraq. We
> > > shouldn't have gone in if we didn't have the intention of nation
> > > building. Another opportunity wasted. My only hope at this point is
> > > that it will spark a nation wide debate about why we were able to
> > > reshape Germany, Italy and Japan, and why we're not doing nearly as
> > > well today in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>
> > Because Germany, Italy and Japan were all first world nations being
> > reverted to a previous state of democracy and all three them had the
> > Russians to fear.  Iraq and Afghanistan are third world nations with
> > no democratic history and have nothing they find scarier than the
> > Americans.  Afghanistan of course, also has the perfect geography to
> > be unmanageable by anyone.
>
> Suppose I grant the truth of your argument and wish to enquire into
> the consequences.  We have been attacked by an organization that was
> given protection by the then government of Afghanistan.

Protection from what? Afghanistan's government could hardly keep you
from coming in and shooting up the place.

theget

Nov 18, 2010, 1:34:23 AM11/18/10

Protection in the sense that when we asked them nicely to hand over
OBL they declined.

> Afghanistan's government could hardly keep you
> from coming in and shooting up the place.

Yes. But that's not my concern. My concern is that we'll have a replay
at some point. How can we avoid that?

David Johnston

Nov 18, 2010, 1:56:42 AM11/18/10

A future Afghan "government" will be more capable than the last one of
stopping the Americans if they come back.

David Johnston

Nov 18, 2010, 2:44:23 AM11/18/10

"no more" that is.

theget

Nov 18, 2010, 4:00:48 PM11/18/10

I don't want to come back. I want to use my huge military to prevent
another occurrence. What do you suggest?

David Johnston

Nov 18, 2010, 4:57:08 PM11/18/10
On Nov 18, 2:00 pm, theget <the...@bigmailbox.net> wrote:

> > > A future Afghan "government" will be more capable than the last one of
> > > stopping the Americans if they come back.
>
> > "no more" that is.
>
> I don't want to come back. I want to use my huge military to prevent
> another occurrence. What do you suggest?

I suggest you stop trying to use your screwdriver as a hammer.