Dale Gribble = John Munch?

Kristin Schmidt

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99

Brian Barjenbruch wrote in message <190219991616123894%bri...@home.com>...
>Just a thought. :)
>
>Hey, I have an idea...in a KOTH live-action film, Dale could be played
>by Richard Belzer...

I see what you're getting at Brian, but Belzer is too much of a 'city folk'.
I don't think I can see him playing a hayseed like Dale. (Although the
conspiracy buff part is perfect!) I'd rather see a crossover where Dale and
Belzer/Munch debate the truth of various conspiracy theories.

Kristin
--
"By Jove, I think she's got it! And I know Jove
personally, and he is Bi." --Cupid

Rick Diamant

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
In article <7avvtf$3...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,
"Kristin Schmidt" <k.n.s...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>DEL-LAGO wrote in message ...
>>

>> One question. Who's John Munch? Also, I don't think Jim Varney would
>>play a good Dale, maybe he could be Boomhauer. :) I've always thought
>>Kevin Spacey would make a good Dale, after having seen the movie,
>>'Conspiracy Theory.' :)

>'John Munch' is a detective on NBC's "Homicide:Life on the Street" [Friday
>nights at 9 eastern]. He's played by Richard Belzer and one of his personal
>tics is an obsession with conspiracy.
>
>But Kevin Spacey would be great.

Dale and Munch would get along great, especially when Munch starts talking
about the conspiracy that offed Lincoln.

Rick

G. M. Lupo

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
Kristin Schmidt wrote:

> I see what you're getting at Brian, but Belzer is too much of a 'city
> folk'. I don't think I can see him playing a hayseed like Dale.
> (Although the conspiracy buff part is perfect!) I'd rather see a
> crossover where Dale and Belzer/Munch debate the truth of various
> conspiracy theories.

I could see Jim Varney playing the hell out of him, though.

Matt Lupo

--
G. M. Lupo: ham...@lupo.com

P.O. Box 161963, Atlanta, GA 30321-1963
http://www.lupo.org/ | http://www.hamlet.org/

DEL-LAGO

Deacon

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99

DEL-LAGO wrote:

Lee-Ann Rimes to play Luanne! (A natural!)

Kristin Schmidt

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99

DEL-LAGO wrote in message ...

> One question. Who's John Munch? Also, I don't think Jim Varney would
>play a good Dale, maybe he could be Boomhauer. :) I've always thought
>Kevin Spacey would make a good Dale, after having seen the movie,
>'Conspiracy Theory.' :)

'John Munch' is a detective on NBC's "Homicide:Life on the Street" [Friday
nights at 9 eastern]. He's played by Richard Belzer and one of his personal
tics is an obsession with conspiracy.

But Kevin Spacey would be great.

Kristin

G. M. Lupo

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
Rick Diamant wrote:

> Dale and Munch would get along great, especially when Munch starts
> talking about the conspiracy that offed Lincoln.

Yes, but that was a different character whose name escapes me at the
moment. He was Meldrick's first partner, who killed himself. They
devoted an episode with Ned Beatty tracking down evidence that he'd
killed himself. Can't recall the character's name though.

T. Groan

Mar 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/8/99

G. M. Lupo wrote in message <36D8E2...@elsinore.lupo.com>...

>Rick Diamant wrote:
>
>> Dale and Munch would get along great, especially when Munch starts
>> talking about the conspiracy that offed Lincoln.
>
>Yes, but that was a different character whose name escapes me at the
>moment. He was Meldrick's first partner, who killed himself. They
>devoted an episode with Ned Beatty tracking down evidence that he'd
>killed himself. Can't recall the character's name though.

That was Crossetti, played by Jon Polito. I recall when he and Meldrick
went to Washington, Crossetti just had to stop by Ford's Theatre, which was
no less than a holy shrine to him.

buriedge...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 6:54:51 PM4/25/19
On Tuesday, February 23, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, DEL-LAGO wrote:
> One question. Who's John Munch? Also, I don't think Jim Varney would
> play a good Dale, maybe he could be Boomhauer. :) I've always thought
> Kevin Spacey would make a good Dale, after having seen the movie,
> 'Conspiracy Theory.' :)
>

> --
>
> Gina Dellago

Hey Gina! I am Fancy Octopus and I host a literature/comedy podcast. I reached out on twitter but thought your account might be inactive. I wanted to ask, are you the author of the story "Gorilla Virus" on the Wall of Shemp? If so would you be open to a short interview?

Thanks,
Fancy Octopus