Article in CINESCAPE Magazine

Arlen Texas

Oct 20, 2003, 11:29:33 AM10/20/03
CINESCAPE magazine's TV preview issue had the only good article I've
seen about the upcoming season of King of the Hill. Here are some
relevant excerpts (I'd post the whole thing, but, y'know, fair use and
all):

-------------------
- Peggy becom[es] coach of the high school football cheerleading
squad. The aggressive cheering style she devises backfires when a
team known as the "Irishmen" takes exception to the faux bludgeoning
of their mascot and Peggy is accused of a hate crime.
- A no-propane restriction at the Texas State Fair grill-off... so
outrages Hank and Luanne that they organize a protest, eventually
attracting campus radicals (including Elijah Wood) who turn the fair
into a Seattle-style anti-globalization rally.

[Re the season premiere, "Patch Boomhauer," guest-starring Brad Pitt
and Laura Dern]
"When Boomhauer's at the gas station, he sees the one girl that could
have been Mrs. Right, that he let get away," explains Executive
Producer John Altschuler. "He's all excited, and then he finds out
that basically she's in town because she's going to be marrying
Boomhauer's brother. So you have this love triangle between these two
brothers and this woman, and you can't understand a word the two
[brothers] are saying."

Fans can also expect to see more of Brittany Murphy's regular
character, Luanne... "She [Brittany Murphy] came to us and was
actually pitching ideas to us about how to get Luanne more involved in
the show," Altschuler says. "She's just truly a great team player who
loves the show and does anything we ask her to do. Including, she's
how we got Elijah Wood to do the show!"

Steve Howarth

Oct 20, 2003, 1:50:14 PM10/20/03

"Arlen Texas" <arlen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It all sounds very promising. Roll on 2007 when it will probably get to the
UK.

Steve Howarth

Rusty Unger

Oct 21, 2003, 9:22:50 PM10/21/03
On 20 Oct 2003 08:29:33 -0700, arlen...@yahoo.com (Arlen Texas)
wrote:

Is Bill's new girlfriend being included in the new season?

"What does a redneck say right before he dies? Hey y'all, watch this!"
-Michael Waltrip, August 22nd, 2003, Bristol

Arlen Texas

Oct 22, 2003, 1:45:49 PM10/22/03
Rusty Unger <rng...@sccoast.net> wrote in message news:<1umbpv8b07g39e79d...@4ax.com>...

> Is Bill's new girlfriend being included in the new season?

I don't think so -- last I heard (this was around May, by which time
most of season 8's stories had probably been pitched), they had been
considering keeping Laoma around, kept the option open of bringing her
back, but hadn't actually done anything with her yet.

Rusty Unger

Oct 23, 2003, 12:57:41 AM10/23/03
On 22 Oct 2003 10:45:49 -0700, arlen...@yahoo.com (Arlen Texas)
wrote:

>Rusty Unger <rng...@sccoast.net> wrote in message news:<1umbpv8b07g39e79d...@4ax.com>...

>> Is Bill's new girlfriend being included in the new season?
>
>I don't think so -- last I heard (this was around May, by which time
>most of season 8's stories had probably been pitched), they had been
>considering keeping Laoma around, kept the option open of bringing her
>back, but hadn't actually done anything with her yet.

Thanks for the response, I couldn't remember her name for the life of
me. I guess they are treating her sort of like Hanks brother in
Japan. Don't know when they might show up!

Message has been deleted