Kindred on Sci-Fi channel!

1 view

Jim Heckman

Jul 6, 2007, 6:38:38 AM7/6/07
If their schedule is to be believed, the Sci-Fi channel in the US
is showing the pilot episode this evening (Fri., July 6) at 7:00pm.
Let's hope it's start of a weekly dose.

--
Jim Heckman

Edgar Governo

Jul 19, 2007, 2:57:05 PM7/19/07

I haven't been keeping up with what's happening on the Sci-Fi Channel,
so did any of this come to pass...?

Edgar Governo
Historian of Things That Never Were
http://www.mts.net/~arphaxad/history.html

You can also visit my homepage:
http://www.mts.net/~arphaxad

Personal email is encouraged, as always.

Jim Heckman

Jul 20, 2007, 1:43:11 AM7/20/07

On 19-Jul-2007, Edgar Governo <smac...@gmail.com>
wrote in message <1184871425.5...@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>:

> On Jul 6, 5:38 am, "Jim Heckman" <rot13(reply-to)@none.invalid> wrote:
>
> >If their schedule is to be believed, the Sci-Fi channel in the
> >US is showing the pilot episode this evening (Fri., July 6)
> >at 7:00pm.
> >Let's hope it's start of a weekly dose.
>
> I haven't been keeping up with what's happening on the Sci-Fi Channel,
> so did any of this come to pass...?

Well, they did show the pilot on the 6th, but since then they've
been showing Stargate SG-1 reruns in the 7:00pm Friday slot, and
haven't shown any more eps of Kindred at all, AFAICT. God only
knows what's going on in their pointy little scheduling heads.

It was a kick watching the pilot again; I hadn't seen it since the
original run. From this late vantage point, the whole thing just
*screamed* early-to-mid 90's -- very similar to the first season of
Highlander, or Robin's Hoods, or Savannah, in that regard. It's
always amusing to see in hindsight how old shows date themselves.

--
Jim Heckman

Al Gore

Aug 2, 2007, 11:57:31 AM8/2/07
In article <13a0irf...@corp.supernews.com>, Jim Heckman
<rot13(reply-to)@none.invalid> wrote:

> On 19-Jul-2007, Edgar Governo <smac...@gmail.com>
> wrote in message <1184871425.5...@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>:
>
> > On Jul 6, 5:38 am, "Jim Heckman" <rot13(reply-to)@none.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > >If their schedule is to be believed, the Sci-Fi channel in the
> > >US is showing the pilot episode this evening (Fri., July 6)
> > >at 7:00pm.
> > >Let's hope it's start of a weekly dose.
> >
> > I haven't been keeping up with what's happening on the Sci-Fi Channel,
> > so did any of this come to pass...?
>
> Well, they did show the pilot on the 6th, but since then they've
> been showing Stargate SG-1 reruns in the 7:00pm Friday slot, and
> haven't shown any more eps of Kindred at all, AFAICT. God only
> knows what's going on in their pointy little scheduling heads.

I did a little research on the SciFi website, and was finally able to
find mention of scheduled showings of Kindred starting next month
(August 2007 on friday, the 10th)

> It was a kick watching the pilot again; I hadn't seen it since the
> original run. From this late vantage point, the whole thing just
> *screamed* early-to-mid 90's -- very similar to the first season of
> Highlander, or Robin's Hoods, or Savannah, in that regard. It's
> always amusing to see in hindsight how old shows date themselves.

As do the advertising, if one is watching old vcr tapes. I was watching
some original Twin Peaks the other night, and was amazed (OK, I wasn't
really) to see how fast the show was returning avter the advertising
breaks...

--
Al

see.my.s...@nowhere.com.invalid

Oct 30, 2007, 7:11:42 AM10/30/07
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:57:31 -0700, Al Gore <usenet0...@arpanet.com>
spewed:

>In article <13a0irf...@corp.supernews.com>, Jim Heckman
><rot13(reply-to)@none.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 19-Jul-2007, Edgar Governo <smac...@gmail.com>
>> wrote in message <1184871425.5...@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>:

>> > I haven't been keeping up with what's happening on the Sci-Fi Channel,
>> > so did any of this come to pass...?
>>
>> Well, they did show the pilot on the 6th, but since then they've
>> been showing Stargate SG-1 reruns in the 7:00pm Friday slot, and
>> haven't shown any more eps of Kindred at all, AFAICT. God only
>> knows what's going on in their pointy little scheduling heads.
>
>I did a little research on the SciFi website, and was finally able to
>find mention of scheduled showings of Kindred starting next month
>(August 2007 on friday, the 10th)
>
>> It was a kick watching the pilot again; I hadn't seen it since the
>> original run. From this late vantage point, the whole thing just
>> *screamed* early-to-mid 90's -- very similar to the first season of
>> Highlander, or Robin's Hoods, or Savannah, in that regard. It's
>> always amusing to see in hindsight how old shows date themselves.

Ya, the early seasons of Highlander were f-ing INCREDIBLE!
The last one was a disgrace :(
Would have been better to make a few ending ep's in the previous season.
Man I miss that show!
I wish they'd continue it now. Could be done I think.

FYI, Adrian Paul was in another cool series, Tracker.
Of course, it was too good, and got cancelled.

>As do the advertising, if one is watching old vcr tapes. I was watching
>some original Twin Peaks the other night, and was amazed (OK, I wasn't
>really) to see how fast the show was returning avter the advertising
>breaks...
>
>--
>Al
>Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
> -- Jules de Gaultier

For email response, or CC, please email see.my.sig.4.addr<.at.>bigfoot<.dot.>com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)