Beauty Tips of The Gods-W/Dave

1 view

Rachel

May 8, 2001, 6:10:50 PM5/8/01
I don't remember seeing anyone post this little blurb from Dave in the
National Post, so here it is.

Rachel

Beauty Tips of the Gods

National Post

Julianne Moore

Dave Foley

JULIANNE MOORE, Actor, Hannibal

I wash my face with a foaming cleanser, whatever I feel like buying in a
drugstore, Oil of Olay or alpha-hydroxy wash. Then I use an Oil of Olay
moisturizer with sunscreen every day. I put it all over my face and neck.
It's the only one that doesn't make me break out. I take my makeup off with
Ponds Cold Cream.

DAVE FOLEY, Comedian/actor

I dyed my hair blond for the film Monkeybone. I kind of like being a blond.
People treat me differently. It turns out women are really superficial and
shallow just like men. They really do pay more attention if you are blond.
For exercise, I swim regularly at the pool at my home. Is drinking exercise?

--

"I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go." - Rose in Titanic. Several
seconds later, poor little Jack sinks to the bottom of the Atlantic..

ICQ: 63975463
AIM: rdc1723

Tay-vee

May 8, 2001, 10:09:04 PM5/8/01
Rachel said:

>I don't remember seeing anyone post this little blurb from Dave in the
>National Post, so here it is.

Thanks for posting.

Dave said:

>For exercise, I swim regularly at the pool at my home.

He's so funny when he's revelling in his wealth. It's cute.

"I have a 60-inch tv. And a pool. And a new computer. That Steve Jobs gave me.
I am very very rich."

(He never said that; that was my impression of him. <g>)

Tavie (rhymes with GRAVY, not savvy)
==
"Welcome to LA; follow this ASS!" -Dave Foley

"Tavie is super.
Kind of like Clark Kent, but not.
She's more like Batman."
-From "The Haikus of Goose", H. Frank

Djinifer

May 8, 2001, 10:43:01 PM5/8/01
Rachel posted:

<<I dyed my hair blond for the film Monkeybone. I kind of like being a
blond. People treat me differently. It turns out women are really
superficial and shallow just like men. They really do pay more attention if
you are blond>>

You know, that's VERY true. Check deja, but I *know* I've posted this
before. When I was 16 I bleached my hair and had long platinum blonde hair.
It was almost a social experiment. I got MUCH more attention as a blonde
than I ever did as a brunette. Keeping the roots touched up was hell and it
burned my scalp. That's all I remember. That and all the attention. <G>

<<"I have a 60-inch tv. And a pool. And a new computer. That Steve Jobs gave
me. I am very very rich.">>

ROFL!! I'll race you to the sauna, Tavie!! <eg>

--
Djinifer
Djin's Kids in the Hall Audio Page

Diluted Evil

May 9, 2001, 12:52:39 AM5/9/01
>For exercise, I swim regularly at the pool at my home. Is drinking exercise?

Oooh...that's the best image ever.

~~Heidi-Sherriff Sparkle-Sparkle, Lawfairy of the wild west

"You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." ~The Two Johns of the
Apocalypse

http://www.troppoheads.com/ratty/Rattyland.html

Kitana

May 10, 2001, 8:40:23 PM5/10/01
Thanks for posting that, Rachel!

>DAVE FOLEY, Comedian/actor
>
>I dyed my hair blond for the film Monkeybone. I kind of like being a blond.

No kidding. <g>

>People treat me differently.

Do they really? I would conduct a little experiment of mine own, but,
blonde does NOT work for me. <g>

>It turns out women are really superficial and
>shallow just like men.

This is true.

But as shallow and superficial as this may sound, I like the brown, too. I
like it allllllll.

>They really do pay more attention if you are blond.
>For exercise, I swim regularly at the pool at my home. Is drinking
exercise?

ROTFL, somehow I don't think so, Dave.

Unless.... well, maybe if you're watching KITH and literally rolling on the
floor. There's some movement involved there.

(It was just an experiment. <g>)

*Kitana~
------------
"HAIKU!" -- Mark McKinney

And now, a poem by the Emperor of Hoboken:

"Kitana is neat.
Not like "tidy," but like cool.
Not cool like ice, though." -- Goose, 3.11.2001

Kitana

May 10, 2001, 8:40:50 PM5/10/01
Tavie wrote:

>He's so funny when he's revelling in his wealth. It's cute.

It is. "Do not judge me until you've driven a mile in *my* BMW!"

>"I have a 60-inch tv. And a pool. And a new computer. That Steve Jobs gave
me.
>I am very very rich."

ROTFLMAO!!

>(He never said that; that was my impression of him. <g>)

Aw, man. ;) I kinda wish that he had said it. <g>

Djinifer

May 10, 2001, 10:10:04 PM5/10/01
Kitana asked:

<<Do they really? I would conduct a little experiment of mine own, but,
blonde does NOT work for me. <g>>>

Yes, they really really do [treat you differently when you're blonde]. It's
amazing. It was a love/hate thing. There were people who had absolutely NO
trouble coming up to me and telling me that they HATED my hair, and people
who really liked it. No middle ground whatsoever. It was very very strange
<G>. Plus for some reason, guys noticed it. ::shrugs:: In the end it was
too much trouble/expense to maintain. And I missed my dark hair after
awhile. It was a lesson in liking myself for what I am <g>

sonic death monkey

May 10, 2001, 11:34:30 PM5/10/01
>>People treat me differently.
>
>Do they really? I would conduct a little experiment of mine own, but,
>blonde does NOT work for me. <g>

i've been really tempted lately. more so for the experimentation factor than
the thought of having blond hair.. but i'm so afraid it'll be a disaster, so
i'm just getting highlighted next week. <g>

sarah
linne...@tmbg.org
http://brazen.org/starcookie/
"a press release if he jumps? wouldn't a net be safer?" - the newsroom

Tay-vee

May 11, 2001, 12:45:06 AM5/11/01
Kitana said:

>>"I have a 60-inch tv. And a pool. And a new computer. That Steve Jobs gave
>me.
>>I am very very rich."
>

>ROTFLMAO!!
>
>>(He never said that; that was my impression of him. <g>)
>

>Aw, man. ;) I kinda wish that he had said it. <g>

Now I kind of wish that he would say it so I can put it in my sig. <g>

Kitana

May 12, 2001, 5:39:52 PM5/12/01
Tavie wrote:

>Now I kind of wish that he would say it so I can put it in my sig. <g>

Well... you could use it anyway. What can he do about it? <g>

Kitana

May 12, 2001, 5:43:08 PM5/12/01
sarah wrote:

>i've been really tempted lately. more so for the experimentation factor
than
>the thought of having blond hair.. but i'm so afraid it'll be a disaster,
so
>i'm just getting highlighted next week. <g>

Ooh, we'll need to see pictures. :)

I bet you could do blonde... not white-blonde, or bleached blonde, but maybe
a dirty blonde? Or a strawberry-blonde?

(I've said "blonde" so many times, the word has lost all meaning. :P)

Tay-vee

May 13, 2001, 12:27:31 AM5/13/01
Kitana said:

>Well... you could use it anyway. What can he do about it? <g>

Email me and tell me to stop? <g>

Hee hee hee hee hee hee...

Kitana

May 14, 2001, 2:57:55 AM5/14/01
Tavie wrote:

>Kitana said:
>
>>Well... you could use it anyway. What can he do about it? <g>
>
>Email me and tell me to stop? <g>

LMAO, that would be the most polite cease-and-desist EVER.

"Dear Tavie,

I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop putting words into my mouth.
There may come a time in the not-so-distant future when I will say such
things, at which point you may, if you like, enter the quote into your sig.
I will try to work it into casual conversation when possible. Until then,
please refrain from using it.

Love,
Dave

P.S. Did I ever tell you about the time Sloan came to my house?"

(You should picture the above with Dave wearing an ascot while typing away
on a Titanium Powerbook.)

(It's quite self-evident, but I'll say it anyway: I'm such an ass. <g>)

Tay-vee

May 14, 2001, 10:58:12 AM5/14/01
Kitana wrote:

>LMAO, that would be the most polite cease-and-desist EVER.
>
>"Dear Tavie,
>
>I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop putting words into my mouth.
>There may come a time in the not-so-distant future when I will say such
>things, at which point you may, if you like, enter the quote into your sig.
>I will try to work it into casual conversation when possible. Until then,
>please refrain from using it.
>
>Love,
>Dave
>
>P.S. Did I ever tell you about the time Sloan came to my house?"

ROTFL!!! Hey, how have you captured the Dave Style so well??? <g>

>(You should picture the above with Dave wearing an ascot while typing away
>on a Titanium Powerbook.)

That's hilarious; that's exactly how I picture Dave on the computer ANYWAY. In
a rusty smoking-jacket. And glasses, despite the surgery. <g>

>(It's quite self-evident, but I'll say it anyway: I'm such an ass. <g>)

If you're an ass, may we all aspire to such asshood!

Diluted Evil

May 15, 2001, 11:29:55 PM5/15/01
>LMAO, that would be the most polite cease-and-desist EVER.

<snippage of lung-dropping laughing-good letter>

I get busy at work for three days and THIS is what I miss! OY!

pinky

May 18, 2001, 9:23:32 PM5/18/01
> I bet you could do blonde... not white-blonde, or bleached blonde, but maybe
> a dirty blonde? Or a strawberry-blonde?

oooooh...strawberry blonde. do that. <g>

nicole
http://home.earthlink.net/~gickie7
"he wants your nuggets."

Tay-vee

May 18, 2001, 10:40:49 PM5/18/01
Nicole said:

>> I bet you could do blonde... not white-blonde, or bleached blonde, but
>maybe
>> a dirty blonde? Or a strawberry-blonde?
>
>oooooh...strawberry blonde. do that. <g>

Are we still talking about sarah? If so, I vote for strawberry blonde, as well.

sonic death monkey

May 19, 2001, 12:36:38 AM5/19/01
>>> a dirty blonde? Or a strawberry-blonde?
>>
>>oooooh...strawberry blonde. do that. <g>
>
>Are we still talking about sarah? If so, I vote for strawberry blonde, as
>well.

lol.. well i just got highlights. lightened it up a bit. the girl who did
it advised me i "don't want blond"... wuhhey...

sarah
linne...@tmbg.org
http://glimmer.org/sarah/

Tay-vee

May 19, 2001, 12:47:49 AM5/19/01
sarah said:

>lol.. well i just got highlights. lightened it up a bit. the girl who
>did
>it advised me i "don't want blond"... wuhhey...

How does she know what you want? Fascist hair girl.