Lt. Singer question

David Ball

Sep 17, 2004, 5:05:28 AM9/17/04

IIRC, in the joint JAG/NCIS show that launched NCIS, it was never
established whose baby Lt. Loren Singer was pregnant with when she was
murdered. Have they ever gone back and filled in that blank ?

-- David

TomDB52

Sep 17, 2004, 8:31:48 AM9/17/04
It was Commander Lindsay who both murdered Lt. Singer and impregnated
her.

Darth Dionysus

Sep 17, 2004, 8:57:08 AM9/17/04
TomDB52 <Tom...@earthlink.net> wrote in

IIRC, it was determined that it was not Lindsay's child. Although they
never actually said who it was, she had an airline ticket to Ireland,
and I believe she had a relationship with a member of the IRA, although
my memory is not perfect in this area.

Semper FI
--
Dionysus

Observer

Sep 17, 2004, 9:54:45 AM9/17/04
> IIRC, it was determined that it was not Lindsay's child. Although they
> never actually said who it was, she had an airline ticket to Ireland,
> and I believe she had a relationship with a member of the IRA, although
> my memory is not perfect in this area.

If you are referring to the season 2 episode "Trinity", in which a Navy
lieutenant had a relationship with a member of the IRA, that woman just
looked like Singer. It wasn't her, nor was she played by Nanci Chambers.

It has never been established who the father was of singers baby, only that
it couldn't be Harm, Sergei or Lindsey because of their bloodtypes.

Grtz,
Frank

Garster16

Sep 17, 2004, 6:08:14 PM9/17/04
It wasn't me either...

Kurt Ullman

Sep 17, 2004, 7:10:21 PM9/17/04
In article <cieqb6$3va$1...@netlx020.civ.utwente.nl>, "Observer"
Bit IIRC, Lindsey THOUGHT it was (or might be) and that is why he
offed her. BTW: USA just went through that entire time line and then
jumped over the two NCIS eps and went directly to the
Wade->Mac->diamonds scenario. Which PO'ed me even further when that
ep welcomed Harm back and suggested Agent Gibbs did a good job in
exonerating him.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the
ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

LadyC

Sep 18, 2004, 11:32:53 PM9/18/04
kurtu...@yahoo.com (Kurt Ullman) wrote in message news:<x9K2d.4940$mb6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...

> In article <cieqb6$3va$1...@netlx020.civ.utwente.nl>, "Observer"
> <frank...@observer.student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> >> IIRC, it was determined that it was not Lindsay's child. Although they
> >> never actually said who it was, she had an airline ticket to Ireland,
> >> and I believe she had a relationship with a member of the IRA, although
> >> my memory is not perfect in this area.
> >
> >If you are referring to the season 2 episode "Trinity", in which a Navy
> >lieutenant had a relationship with a member of the IRA, that woman just
> >looked like Singer. It wasn't her, nor was she played by Nanci Chambers.
> >
> >It has never been established who the father was of singers baby, only that
> >it couldn't be Harm, Sergei or Lindsey because of their bloodtypes.
> >
> Bit IIRC, Lindsey THOUGHT it was (or might be) and that is why he
> offed her. BTW: USA just went through that entire time line and then
> jumped over the two NCIS eps and went directly to the
> Wade->Mac->diamonds scenario. Which PO'ed me even further when that
> ep welcomed Harm back and suggested Agent Gibbs did a good job in
> exonerating him.

Actually Singer and Lindsey were walking on a bridge in icy weather,
she slipped and fell and cracked her head,since she was already dead
Lindsey didnt call for help and instead threw her body off the bridge
into the icy river. Some months later when the water thawed out she
was found.

David Ball

Sep 19, 2004, 3:55:46 AM9/19/04
On 18 Sep 2004 20:32:53 -0700, LadyC...@msn.com (LadyC) wrote:

>Actually Singer and Lindsey were walking on a bridge in icy weather,
>she slipped and fell and cracked her head,since she was already dead
>Lindsey didnt call for help and instead threw her body off the bridge
>into the icy river. Some months later when the water thawed out she
>was found.

Didn't the autopsy establish that she was still alive when she went
into the water. Something about water in the lungs indicating
drowning, IIRC. Lindsey thought she was dead, but he was wrong.

At least, that's the way I seem to remember it. It's been a long time
since I saw it though.

-- David

Ray Geneburn

Sep 19, 2004, 7:32:42 AM9/19/04

"David Ball" <davidbem...@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message

You have a good memory, David. That is exactly what happened.

Ray

LadyC

Sep 19, 2004, 8:28:06 PM9/19/04
"Ray Geneburn" <ra...@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10kqtav...@corp.supernews.com>...

Yup, that's right, I stand corrected.

Alan C. Jones

Sep 19, 2004, 9:12:33 PM9/19/04
Dear Lady Capulet, Ray, and David,
I remember at the time the emphasis on the unidentified parentasge of
the fetus and plane ticket to Ireland as loose ends calling for a future
Jag (or NCIS) style followup worth a couple of episodes. Maybe the writers
are just going to let it die there.
Alan

"LadyC" <LadyC...@msn.com> wrote in message

David Ball

Sep 20, 2004, 12:51:06 AM9/20/04
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:12:33 -0700, "Alan C. Jones"
<alcj...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Dear Lady Capulet, Ray, and David,
> I remember at the time the emphasis on the unidentified parentasge of
>the fetus and plane ticket to Ireland as loose ends calling for a future
>Jag (or NCIS) style followup worth a couple of episodes. Maybe the writers
>are just going to let it die there.
>Alan

I hope the writers eventually get around to it. That kind of loose end
really bugs me :-)

-- David

Ray Geneburn

Sep 20, 2004, 6:24:06 AM9/20/04

"David Ball" <davidbem...@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message

She had a plane ticket to Shannon, Ireland. As Gibbs said, and I'm
paraphrasing, "We have Singer's killer, so who cares?" Who is going to hunt
for a prospective father just to tell him his conceived-out-of-wedlock child
died in the womb?

Ray

TomDB52

Sep 22, 2004, 2:37:33 PM9/22/04
Just out of curiosity...

Does anyone miss Lt. Singer? I never liked her, but she made for some
very interesting episodes.

Jake

Sep 22, 2004, 3:09:18 PM9/22/04

"TomDB52" <Tom...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Just out of curiosity...
>
> Does anyone miss Lt. Singer? I never liked her, but she made for some
> very interesting episodes.

Don't even think about her.

Suzanne Harchik

Sep 22, 2004, 5:19:11 PM9/22/04
Let's face it, there hasn't been anyone since as good as creating tension,
and uniting the "good guys" since......the intersquad squabbling ie:
Sturgis and Bud, is just ridiculous.....

Marie Iovino

Sep 22, 2004, 8:55:21 PM9/22/04
I miss Singer! She was the character who kept the show level.

http://community.webtv.net/MZI/IovinoDApolitoMauro

Maureen Goldman

Sep 23, 2004, 1:38:31 AM9/23/04
>TomDB52 <Tom...@earthlink.net> wrote:

I miss having someone with a complex villain role, so yes, I miss Lt.
Singer. The character deserved much better than to be sacrificed in a
tie-in pilot episode for a spinoff..

EC Smith

Sep 23, 2004, 8:22:00 AM9/23/04
Maybe so, but I don't think Nanci was going to wait around much longer.

Maureen Goldman

Sep 24, 2004, 1:21:46 AM9/24/04
> Maureen Goldman

>> I miss having someone with a complex villain role, so yes, I miss Lt.
>> Singer. The character deserved much better than to be sacrificed in a
>> tie-in pilot episode for a spinoff..

>> >EC Smith <e.c....@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>Maybe so, but I don't think Nanci was going to wait around much longer.

Sorry? From what I read, the actress was surprised to learn that her
character had been written out.

Larry L

Sep 24, 2004, 6:01:01 AM9/24/04

You know I always hated Singer, I mean didn't we all, and that's exactly
what makes me think that Nancy Chambers is indeed a very good actress. I
actually thought maybe I also hated Nancy until I saw an interview in
which it became abundantly clear that she was indeed far different than
the character of Singer. I'm quite sure that she and her Husband (yes we
all know who he is) sat around their home and laughed about Singer. :-)

Larry L [in Honolulu]

Alan Pollock

Sep 25, 2004, 11:48:49 AM9/25/04
Marie Iovino <M...@webtv.net> wrote:
> I miss Singer! She was the character who kept the show level.

I agree. Singer provided comic tension and added crispness to an ep; she was
played by an attractive woman who can act. Nex

Sang-Hyun Jongeleen

Oct 22, 2004, 8:05:43 AM10/22/04
Sometimes I do miss her, her character wasn't that good. But she brought
some nice episodes, I agree. I think I already liked the episode when she
raised a beat about whom was going ot win the race. You know that episode
likely, the episode where they all run for charity. She made also some
other good appearences during the years. The actress behind the character
seems to be very nice.

"TomDB52" <Tom...@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht

sonora...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2018, 9:45:21 PM8/5/18
Lt. Singer had taken a young Irish guy with red hair, for a ride to the airport, or to his hotel before a flight the next morning, early on in Season One of JAG. He looked interested in her.

Not sure what his name was. Who says they didn't have some fun that night? HE may have been the father. But the writers never tied that into the baby's parentage. They dropped the ball.

One of great mysteries of JAG.

hillkat...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2019, 10:21:09 PM9/4/19
Gibbs told lt. Lindsey that he wasn't the father either. Abby found that the plane ticket was to Ireland

smpic...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2020, 3:58:09 PM3/25/20
It wasn’t a young Irishman; it was Sergei, Harm’s half-brother, who was going back to Russia, and they determined that he was not the father.

pbigg...@gmail.com

May 4, 2020, 8:30:25 PM5/4/20
Lt. Singer and Cmdr Lindsay were having an argument on an icy bridge. Lt. singer slipped and fell hitting her head. Cmdr. Lindsay picked her up and threw her in the river. She was still alive. Cause of death was drowning. During the interrogation of Cmdr. Lindsey it was revealed that he was not the father of alt. Singer’s baby. Singer didn’t have a plane ticket to San Diego, the ticket was to Shannon, Ireland. Assuming to see the baby’s father. The identity of the baby’s was never revealed.

Robyn S.

Oct 21, 2020, 9:34:35 AM10/21/20
I am new to JAG and now hooked.
I am curious to know who the father of singer's baby, reading these comments it seems they never addressed the question only to cancel out who we would have thought. Getting rid of Lt. Lindsey was great bc I was getting sick of him and was a nice sidebar didn't even see him coming through. Then Harm's brother was an option and he was ruled out along with Harm. Who is left and was she pregnant boarding the ship or did it happen on the ship? I leaning on before boarding.

Ben Close

Aug 23, 2022, 5:44:54 PM8/23/22
id do her shes hot. fyi shes married to Harm irl