Re: should I stay or should I go - a book you have ever read

1 view

marika

Jan 18, 2009, 10:36:51 PM1/18/09
BLECH Hillary said yes to and was confirmed as Secretary of State. BLECH.
That is not change I can believe in. Especially since she provided a
convoluted disclosure process for her husband's financial contributions. but
Geithner sounds pretty good to everyone but me. I'm still convinced he's a
status quo man. His hilarious inability to understand the tax code suggests
I was right all along. Earlier during the transition, they said Penny
Pritzker for Commerce but then changed it to Richardson. And then Richardson
got into trouble and withdrew. The press is downplaying this all and keeps
calling it an orderly and disciplined transition. Not what I see. I see the
same nonsense as went before in the other administration

"marika" <marik...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "marika" <marik...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ugh how depressing, everything's so depressing.
>>

>> The other day my brother in law. remarked how Paulson is 'done',
>> senior-itis I'm outta here, not doing a thing. DING! He's done handing
>> out wads of cash to his buddies which was his only goal, not bailing out
>> some poor American economy.
>>
>> Today they said the credit markets have totally seized up worse than
>> ever. I do not understand. Well I do but I don't want to
>>
>> But the fiscal conservatives are making a good point. Obama is saying
>> that to take out bailout money a bank has to be forced to lend. Fiscals
>> are saying that forcing banks to lend bad on bad credit is what got us
>> here. The banks then must I think should only be given the bailout funds
>> if they can and will promise to keep a certain amount of funds flowing.
>> But it's their onus to promise and they should have to give back or there
>> should be a penalty if they can't meet their goals based on sound
>> underwriting standards. sort of bridges the gap between both concerns
>>

>> "marika" <marik...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> it does not matter who they put in for treasury
>>> they'll need courage to do the right thing
>>> no one has had the courage so far
>>> I told everyone that the banks would use the bailout money to acquire
>>> banks to write down their taxes
>>> that's what they did.
>>> How are they gonna redirect a country of millions of self centered
>>> people so that they stop consuming and start producing.
>>>
>>> Obama has proclaimed Martin Luther King day a day of service. How long
>>> will this stick.
>>> How many people do you know who do something on veteran's day or
>>> memorial day or labor day or arbor day
>>>
>>> The people won't hear of it.
>>> No more can we say big corporations bought washington. DC bought the big
>>> coroporations but allow the big corporations to run dc even tho the
>>> ownership is reversed
>>> the auto comrporations smelled the free money and came begging
>>>
>>> The us dollar is headed to a huge crash very very soon and no one obama
>>> appoints will have the balls needed
>>>
>>> mk5000
>>>
>>> "yes said pat, you told me. It had been surprising to her that anyone
>>> would seek Matthew's advice on the Scottish colourists, or any painters
>>> for that matter, as it seemed only a very short time ago that she had
>>> found it necessary to impart to Matthew some of her only very recently
>>> acquired knowledge of basic art history. Only a year ago, there had
>>> been a rather embarrassing moment when a customer had mentioned Hornel,
>>> to be granted by a blank look from Matthew"--The world according to
>>> bertie, Alexander McCall Smith

marika

Jan 18, 2009, 10:38:03 PM1/18/09
http://caps.fool.com/blogs/viewpost.aspx?bpid=112357&t=01000420523245711617

I was watching Bloomberg and this reporter Peter Schiff knows what he is
talking about.

I am going to read his stuff, but he's on target for everything he said