David James Elliott

Virginia Taylor

Jul 12, 2004, 12:37:49 AM7/12/04

From this week's USA Weekend:

"JAG's David James Elliott is so likable and talented. Why don't we
see him in movies or other tv shows? Also, will his character ever
admit he loves Catherine Bell's character, Mac?

Answer: Yes, even producers say it's about time to get the two main
characters together. But writers also want to react to real-world
events, keeping JAG relevant in the upcoming tenth season.

As for Elliott, 43, we're told he gets offers but can't take extra
work and preserve family time. For example, this summer Elliott, wife
Nanci Chambers and their two kids headed to a remote island."

Jacob Miller

Jul 12, 2004, 12:52:11 AM7/12/04

He is a very nice man. I sent him a letter asking for an autograph and
within three weeks he sent me back a personalized 8 by 10. I'm still
waiting on Catherine Bell.

JM

snort

Jul 12, 2004, 1:58:33 AM7/12/04

"Jacob Miller" <jmill...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Good to hear this about him. Many celebs are very disappointing in real
life.

snort

Jul 12, 2004, 2:10:16 AM7/12/04
> As for Elliott, 43, we're told he gets offers but can't take extra
> work and preserve family time. For example, this summer Elliott, wife
> Nanci Chambers and their two kids headed to a remote island."

He has done a few movies. We always watch the remake of "Holiday Affair"
with DJE and Cynthia Gibb around the holidays.

Message has been deleted

Suzanne Harchik

Jul 13, 2004, 7:38:21 PM7/13/04
Hate to say it, but DJE has no clue you wrote him...when you get to be a
celebrity, you've got press staff that handles that kind of thing. If you
haven't gotten anything back from CB, it's because whoever handles her press
and PR screwed up. Granted the lack of response reflects back on the
celebrity, but wanted to let you know how things work.

Jacob Miller

Jul 14, 2004, 1:23:51 AM7/14/04
On 7/13/04 4:38 PM, "Suzanne Harchik" <daug...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hate to say it, but DJE has no clue you wrote him...when you get to be a
> celebrity, you've got press staff that handles that kind of thing. If you
> haven't gotten anything back from CB, it's because whoever handles her press
> and PR screwed up. Granted the lack of response reflects back on the
> celebrity, but wanted to let you know how things work.

Sorry, but it's you who's wrong. I collect autographs and I know a little
bit about this. I checked my signed picture against confirmed in-person
signatures and the handwriting matched perfectly. Many celebrities who
genuinely care about their fan base will devote some time to responding to
autograph requests. And some, like CB, won't. DJE is one of the
celebrities who will. Granted, he might not have read my letter in full
(though it was quite brief) but it is a fact that he wrote "Best wishes,
Jacob." and signed his name.

BTW, I've gotten a few letters from people who want to know his address.
The one I used (there are others):
David James Elliott
JAG Productions, Paramount Studios
5555 Melrose Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90038

I don't know if it'll make a difference, but I sent it while JAG was being
filmed. Tell me how you do.

JM

David Crow [MCSD]

Jul 16, 2004, 12:46:09 PM7/16/04
Or it could be that they are backlogged.

David Crow [MCSD]

Jul 16, 2004, 12:52:45 PM7/16/04
Unless you actually saw him sign that photograph, I would not be so
quick to stick your neck out about its authenticity. Whether a
celebrity cares about their fans or not has little bearing on if/when
they sign autographs.

Up until a few years ago, agents used a rubber stamp to sign the
multitude of autograph requests they receive. These days, hi-res
photo printers have taken it to the next level. The photograph and
signature are stored digitally on the computer, and with a few mouse
clicks they are both sent to the printer, looking as authentic as the
original.

I'm not taking sides one way or the other (obviously, since I was not
there!), I just don't want you to put all your eggs on one basket.

Enjoy!

Virginia Taylor

Jul 17, 2004, 3:26:37 PM7/17/04
On 16 Jul 2004 09:46:09 -0700, david...@pbsnow.com (David Crow
[MCSD]) wrote:

Or, it could be that she'd been in the habit of signing and sending
her own pictures and now that she's the busy mother of an active
child, she doesn't have the time....or, it could be that a certain
number of requests are required before responses "kick in." Or.....

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong
enough to take everything you have....Thomas Jefferson

Message has been deleted

Virginia Taylor

Jul 18, 2004, 1:40:55 PM7/18/04
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:52:01 GMT, "Brandy  Alexandre"
<bra...@kamikaze.orgy> wrote:

>> As for Elliott, 43, we're told he gets offers but can't take extra
>> work and preserve family time. For example, this summer Elliott,
>> wife Nanci Chambers and their two kids headed to a remote island."
>>

>Personally, I don't find him all that talented. I really like him, but
>he's a little bit one-note for my taste.

To each his own................

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what
it costs when it's free....P.L. O'Rourke

Newton Wai

Jul 19, 2004, 2:22:49 AM7/19/04
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Brandy  Alexandre wrote:

> Personally, I don't find him all that talented. I really like him, but
> he's a little bit one-note for my taste.

I just watch Dodson's Journey on CBS (rerun) for the first time on
Sunday night, and base on that movie I'm afraid I have to agree with the
above statement. DJE just seems to act very "Harmish" in that movie. Maybe
my opinion will change if I see him in more diverse roles.

Message has been deleted

snort

Jul 19, 2004, 5:16:32 AM7/19/04
> It was nice to see Lt. Singer back from the dead and baking pies, IMHO.

Nanci Chambers was looking good. I liked her "softer" pie baker character
more than I ever liked her as Singer. The same way that I liked her
assassin character in the early JAG episode.

Virginia Taylor

Jul 19, 2004, 4:09:47 PM7/19/04
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:53:15 GMT, DN <dmno...@attbi.com> wrote:

>It was nice to see Lt. Singer back from the dead and baking pies, IMHO.

What's really nice is how often she turns up on shows he's in. I'm
sure it's his doing and it says a lot about both of them and their
marriage and wanting to be together IMHO.

As for last night's show (Dodson's Journey), I thought the ending was
rather dumb.....his wife let him know it was his carrying around the
memory of his deceased fiancee' that had a lot to do with their not
being able to make their marrige work and, even though he kept
insisting he didn't want a divorce, he never mentioned it again or
tried to assure her she meant more than his first love. A disjointed
story with a great cast....Robert Loggia (sigh)......

Middle East Terrorists: If we don't stop them there, we will
no doubt have to fight them here...Stu Zucker

Message has been deleted

snort

Jul 20, 2004, 4:06:55 AM7/20/04
> >What's really nice is how often she turns up on shows he's in. I'm

It was little surprise that NC made an appearance in Dodson's Journey since
she and DJE shared the producer credit.

Kurt Ullman

Jul 20, 2004, 7:51:55 AM7/20/04
In article <ob9pf0hs32qgnfv1i...@4ax.com>, DN
<dmno...@attbi.com> wrote:

>I'd like to read the book before I pass judgment on the movie. If the
>screenwriter or director did a lousy job of capturing the story, I can't
>fault the actors.

Well you can with a clear conscience in this case, since DJE and
spouse were the executive producers.

--
Talking to politicians about the economy is like talking
with eight- year- olds about sex. They have heard all the words,

Virginia Taylor

Jul 20, 2004, 5:45:39 PM7/20/04

Go ahead, ruin my theory of why they always work together.....

ldydrlng

Jul 20, 2004, 11:37:50 PM7/20/04
Virginia Taylor wrote:

>>It was little surprise that NC made an appearance in Dodson's Journey since
>>she and DJE shared the producer credit.
>>

> Go ahead, ruin my theory of why they always work together.....

Actually, that just re-enforces what you said. They like being
together so much they not only act together, they do the paper
work together:)

marie

snort

Jul 20, 2004, 11:19:34 PM7/20/04

"Virginia Taylor" <gin...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >It was little surprise that NC made an appearance in Dodson's Journey
since
> >she and DJE shared the producer credit.
> >
> Go ahead, ruin my theory of why they always work together.....

Sorry about that :)

The Rabb/Singer dynamic changed greatly for me once I learned that they were
married IRL. I always watch their scenes carefully for hints (and there are
many) of a double meaning.

I didn't like the Singer character but I don't think they should have killed
her. I wish that they would have just moved her away with a potential for a
later return.

Joe Davila

Jul 21, 2004, 10:30:37 AM7/21/04
I agree. Unfortunately, they never really gave the character a chance to
develope. She was always a one-dimensional character, i.e. a bitch.
Besides, she was fun to hate. NC can still come back as another charater.
That's been done plenty of times. Let see some of her acting abilities by
giving her a different charater to play. (This is one of the reasons I like
the fantasy episodes).

Joe
USN (RET)

Marie Iovino

Jul 21, 2004, 11:46:35 PM7/21/04
If they want to bring Nanci Chambers back to JAG, why not bring her
back as her kind twin sister? Although she wouldn't be nearly as much
fun as the bitch everyone loved to hate.

Or, we could find out Singer's good twin was the one who was murdered
while the really evil Lieutenant Singer had amnesia and..... hey, this
sounds like the beginning of a new soap opera!

MZI

http://community.webtv.net/MZI/IovinoDApolitoMauro

Ray Geneburn

Jul 22, 2004, 5:19:24 AM7/22/04
It takes a good actress to make us dislike her that much.

Ray

"Joe Davila" <jdavi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Maureen Goldman

Jul 23, 2004, 1:30:40 AM7/23/04
>M...@webtv.net (Marie Iovino) wrote:

>If they want to bring Nanci Chambers back to JAG, why not bring her
>back as her kind twin sister? Although she wouldn't be nearly as much
>fun as the bitch everyone loved to hate.

No point in that, alas. They squandered a good villain for a poor
pilot episode.

>Or, we could find out Singer's good twin was the one who was murdered
>while the really evil Lieutenant Singer had amnesia and..... hey, this
>sounds like the beginning of a new soap opera!

Don't forget that you'll have to work in the pregnancy somehow.

Suzanne Harchik

Jul 23, 2004, 8:56:04 AM7/23/04
OK guys, as a twin, I really must protest this stereotyping "Good Twin/Evil
Twin concept". That's a perception only developed by singletons who are
jealous of us ! :-)
"Maureen Goldman" <inksl...@FOGsunshine.net> wrote in message

Eru Ilúvatar

Dec 11, 2004, 10:22:39 PM12/11/04
Jacob Miller wrote:

>He is a very nice man.

You can't have actually spent any time with the man. Ask some
of the crew about how "nice" Mr. Elliot is in real life.

>I sent him a letter asking for an autograph and within three
>weeks he sent me back a personalized 8 by 10.

He has people to handle that and it has nothing to do
with him being nice.

sk8...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2005, 2:43:59 PM1/23/05
Well, I have first hand knowledge at the Boston Marathon that he was
the most pleasant and kind person. We saw him in his hotel lobby and
he graciously said hello stopping to sign autographs and take pictures.
Whenever a fan has been on the set to see him he has been polite and
gracious and kind, very down to earth.

I heard the rumor about him on the set. One of his coworkers, another
regular actor on the show, said that DJE does not like malingerers or
people whom he perceives are not doing their job properly. DJE is a
perfectionist in his craft, and he expects the same from those with
whom he works. I suspect the members of the JAG crew about whom you are
speaking have been on the receiving end of his need to have things just
right. It is very easy to pick on the star of the show. He is a big
target. Every encounter I know about with DJE and the fans has been a
glowing account of how very pleasant he is although very shy.

sac...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2018, 12:31:39 AM3/3/18