Google 그룹스는 더 이상 새로운 유즈넷 게시물 또는 구독을 지원하지 않습니다. 과거의 콘텐츠는 계속 볼 수 있습니다.

OT: Tom Fitzsimmons

조회수 765회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Brenda

읽지 않음,
1998. 6. 12. 오전 3:00:0098. 6. 12.
받는사람

Can anyone tell me what happened to Tom Fitzsimmons who played James
Hart's friend Ford in the 70s series "The Paper Chase" ? On the Internet
Movie Data Base he is credited with only one other tv series in 1981,
and then silence. I really liked this series when it was shown in
England in the 80s and I once sent him a fan letter which he answered
with great charm and good humour. He was quite short, dark and nice-
looking, and according to TIMDB is now over 50; he was obviously older
than the law student he played at the time. Someone among all you
viewers with encyclopediac memories and knowledge of tv must know. I
hope he's OK out there somewhere !

Brenda
--
public_users

delta...@hotmail.com

읽지 않음,
1998. 6. 12. 오전 3:00:0098. 6. 12.
받는사람

In article <uUWElAAv...@rydelib.demon.co.uk>,

Brenda <Bre...@rydelib.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what happened to Tom Fitzsimmons who played James
> Hart's friend Ford in the 70s series "The Paper Chase" ? On the Internet
> Movie Data Base he is credited with only one other tv series in 1981,
> and then silence.
<<SNIP>>

> Someone among all you viewers with encyclopediac memories and knowledge
>of tv must know.

Brenda- I'll jump in here with the little that I know. First of all,
I really loved Franklin Ford-I thought he was really a cute, sweet
character. The kind of yuppie type I thought I'd wind up with. (hey,
I was about ten-I'm allowed some slack) The only things I've seen him
in recently are commericals-one for toothpaste and one for Taco Bell or
something like that. I know it was him because I thought - "damn, his
career's really gone downhill". Sorry I don't have anything more definite
than that-maybe someone remembers if he's been in TV movies that I missed.

RC Freya-
who knows way too much TV trivia for her own good

Brenda

읽지 않음,
1998. 6. 12. 오전 3:00:0098. 6. 12.
받는사람

In article <6lrdlc$c3j$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, delta...@hotmail.com
writes
Oh dear. Thanks, Freya, at least I know he's still alive and that
someone else besides me liked Ford (and I was a lot older than ten at
the time!). Now I need someone to tell me he does ads in order to
finance a flourishing career in obscure art theatre or something.

Brenda
--
public_users

Diane Gilcreast

읽지 않음,
1998. 6. 13. 오전 3:00:0098. 6. 13.
받는사람

Brenda (Bre...@rydelib.demon.co.uk) and deltatraces
(delta...@hotmail.com) discuss Tom Fitzsimmons (Ford from "The
Paper Chase" series)
******

Funny, I recently pulled out my "PC" tapes (1st yr only). That
was a great show, particularly the first year. The later years
on Showtime were somewhat softer and less realistic (students
seemed to pop in and out of law school at will), but still above
average.

Unfortunately, I think that Fitzsimmons (tho' very cute)
was not a very good actor. He just makes hash of his "Ford goes
nuts" episode, which was kind of laughable. However, I could be
wrong since I never saw him in anything else. I thought it was
kind of telling that he was one of the only cast members from the
'70's version to stay with the entire run. Though when's the
last time you saw Francine Tacker or Robert Ginty in anything?
Hmmmm, I think I'll go home and watch the "Anderson has a
gambling problem" episode.

Anyway...

Diane, who's amazed at the self-control she's showed in not
transcribing her eight pages of notes on "Fallen Heroes"

tra...@vegas.infi.net

읽지 않음,
1998. 6. 14. 오전 3:00:0098. 6. 14.
받는사람

You read my mind as I've been thinking the very same thing. Not only do I
miss this show, but I've always wondered what happened to the actor who
played Ford!

Anyway, my recommendation would be to post this to rec.arts.tv newsgroup,
instead of the Homicide group (maybe its auto cross-posted, I don't know). I
fancy myself pretty good at picking actors out of commercials, and I really
don't think I've seen this actor in any Taco Bell commercials in recent
memory.

Trapper

In article <uUWElAAv...@rydelib.demon.co.uk>,
Brenda <Bre...@rydelib.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what happened to Tom Fitzsimmons who played James
> Hart's friend Ford in the 70s series "The Paper Chase" ? On the Internet
> Movie Data Base he is credited with only one other tv series in 1981,

> and then silence. I really liked this series when it was shown in
> England in the 80s and I once sent him a fan letter which he answered
> with great charm and good humour. He was quite short, dark and nice-
> looking, and according to TIMDB is now over 50; he was obviously older
> than the law student he played at the time. Someone among all you
> viewers with encyclopediac memories and knowledge of tv must know. I
> hope he's OK out there somewhere !
>
> Brenda
> --
> public_users

pigeo...@gmail.com

읽지 않음,
2016. 2. 15. 오후 12:12:3516. 2. 15.
받는사람
On Friday, June 12, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Brenda wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what happened to Tom Fitzsimmons who played James
> Hart's friend Ford in the 70s series "The Paper Chase" ? On the Internet
> Movie Data Base he is credited with only one other tv series in 1981,
> and then silence. I really liked this series when it was shown in
> England in the 80s and I once sent him a fan letter which he answered
> with great charm and good humour. He was quite short, dark and nice-
> looking, and according to TIMDB is now over 50; he was obviously older
> than the law student he played at the time. Someone among all you
> viewers with encyclopediac memories and knowledge of tv must know. I
> hope he's OK out there somewhere !
>
> Brenda
> --
> public_users

I don't know if any of you still look at this forum, but I too have been wondering the same thing. Even in this day and age, I'm still unable to find anything on Tom Fitzsimmons. It's been really irritating, because I havee wanting to write him a fan letter. Any ideas?

ijat...@gmail.com

읽지 않음,
2017. 7. 25. 오후 6:46:5117. 7. 25.
받는사람
I have met Tom a few times and he is retired from acting and living in the South of France with his partner.

divin...@gmail.com

읽지 않음,
2017. 9. 5. 오후 3:55:1717. 9. 5.
받는사람
On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 5:46:51 PM UTC-5, ijat...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have met Tom a few times and he is retired from acting and living in the South of France with his partner.

Do you know if it's possible to write him a fan letter. I too am a big "Ford" fan.

Tom Walden

읽지 않음,
2022. 7. 12. 오후 11:47:2622. 7. 12.
받는사람
On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 3:46:51 PM UTC-7, ijat...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have met Tom a few times and he is retired from acting and living in the South of France with his partner.

I was trying to find him because, if I am right, his partner & I were partners in the mid 1970's. If they are in the South of France, which would make sense for Tim, maybe I can find the pair. Any suggestions?
새 메시지 0개