Robin Hartl - the real story about leaving Hometime

Max

Jan 29, 2005, 5:55:48 PM1/29/05
I have a friend who knows Robin. Here's the real scoop.

Hometime offered to renew her contract for the 13th season last
August-04. Throughout 2004, Dean and Robin participated as
spokespersons for Little Giant Ladder and shot an infomercial
demonstrating the product. Within months, the infomercial was ranked
among the top 10 in the country.

Little Giant Ladder replaced Dean with Richard Karn (Al from the sitcom
Home Improvement) and asked Robin to continue as a spokesperson and
shoot a new infomercial with Richard. As I understand it, because of
her contract with Hometime, she had to leave the show in order to take
the deal with Little Giant.

Apparently the deal was too good to pass up. So she declined the offer
to renew with Hometime for a 13th season.

jad

Feb 3, 2005, 11:21:28 PM2/3/05

I guess the deal was too good to pass up or they really don't pay
anything at Hometime. I've seen both the Dean and Karn commercials
and it looked like that must have been a good day or two's worth of
work. I've seen Dean on a box for a drill bit sharpener at Costco so
I guess he has a different deal. Robin was always a favorite of mine
and I liked the fact that she was getting rid of the tom boy look with
a new 'do and new boobs. Now the question is why did the ladder
company replace Dean after they shot the commercial and what will
Robin do now? The last time I looked Costco has a ladder that is
similar to the Little Giant for $99. The best part of the
infomercial are the scenes where the actors are trying to get large
ladders into small places. Thanks for the information about Robin.