Ponytails on men

lga...@aol.com

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or long hair look good on men? I think it looks pretty cool and I've had at least shoulder length very wavy hair since I was 16
yrs. old (26 yrs. old now) and have been wearing a ponytail since around '91( sometimes I still wear it loose). People I know have tried to convince me at one point or another to cut my hair 'cause
I'm a man and men should not wear long hair (sometimes feels like living in the midlle ages). So, what do you all think, should men have the right to wear their hair long or should we all cut our
hair off? );~P to those who don't agree with me! Long live long hair!
Luis Garza
LGa...@aol.com
"Est Solarus Oth Mithas"
My Honor Is My Life

nove...@aol.com

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Well Luis I have to say as a rule, it depends on the man. Some men look good in long hair, some do not. The only case I can think of off the top of my head is my brother. He wore his hair in a
ponytail for years, looked like a biker (or mechanic which he is) When he finally cut it, it was amazing how much better it looked on him. Mind you, I had seen him for about 10 years with long hair
and thought it looked good on him but after seeing him with short hair, I would say I prefer the short on him. So should men have the right to wear their hair long? Most definately! I like long hair
on guys for all I am married to a man with a semi-permanent short hair cut. I am in the process of trying to convince my husband to grow his hair out when he retires. (He is military so he can't
grow it out now) The only problem I have run into is that he feels if his hair is longer, he should be allowed to grow a mustache. So here is -my- question for all those married folks, those with a
significant other or anyone who feels compelled to answer. If your spouse, sig other etc wants to grow a mustache, ponytail,etc, but you absolutely -detest- the way it looks, should you put up with
it or campaign vigorously for it's removal? Is that about as clear as mud? Reading it, I 'm not sure. Oh well, let me go watch a few more episodes of Season 3. I just got my tapes in yesterday,
took a whole 8 days to arrive from the time I ordered! Ramble on!

D~

Imtheochaidh sor is soir. A dtainig ariamh An ghealaach is an ghrian.
(Everything that is and was will cease to be.)

Cindy Breault

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

On 16 Apr 1997 18:43:28 GMT, nove...@aol.com wrote:
<snipped original ponytail question>

> So here is -my- question for all those married folks, those with a
>significant other or anyone who feels compelled to answer. If your spouse, sig other etc wants to grow a mustache, ponytail,etc, but you absolutely -detest- the way it looks, should you put up with
>it or campaign vigorously for it's removal? Is that about as clear as mud? Reading it, I 'm not sure. Oh well, let me go watch a few more episodes of Season 3. I just got my tapes in yesterday,
>took a whole 8 days to arrive from the time I ordered! Ramble on!
>

>D~
>
>Imtheochaidh sor is soir. A dtainig ariamh An ghealaach is an ghrian.
>(Everything that is and was will cease to be.)

I all ready responded to the original post so I'm just answering D's
question here.

When my spouse wants to do something that I do not like, I let him
know how I feel and I try to explain why. If it is just a personal
preference then I admit that. After this, I back off for two reasons.
First, I'm acknowledging his right to make the decision. It is his
hair, face, body, etcetera. Second, in my experience, vigorous
campaigns usually backfire.

$.02 worth from an old married lady. (We met in 1977 and have been
happily married since 1982. BTW, a few days before our wedding my
husband surprised me by coming into my office clean shaven. I had
never seen him without a full beard and mustache and barely recognized
him.)

Mmmm .... I wonder if Meilani Paul likes short or long hair. BTW, did
she attend the tennis tournament?

Cindy B. - Charlotte, NC
A Highlander addict because the alternative is unthinkable.

Debra Fran Baker

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

My husband has long hair that he wears in a ponytail (it's actually short
in front, so if he wants to tuck the tail under a jacket collar he can and
no one would know. He did this for our wedding pictures.) A couple of
years ago, he also grew a beard and mustache. I find the effect quite
attractive on him - the beard is very full and he keeps it trimmed but
a couple of inches long, plus he shaves his cheeks.

However, his hair is his business. If he came home tomorrow (he's getting
his pre-Passover haircut tomorrow) with the ponytail gone, fine. I doubt
he'll shave his beard since he hates shaving anyway, but if he did, it
would still be his choice. Just like my hair. If I decided I was tired
of dealing with long curly hair that no one sees anyway and got it cut
short, he wouldn't be happy but he'd deal. I happen to be happy with my
hair long even if no one sees it but him, so that's not going to happen.

Debra
--
One sharp peppercorn is better than a basketful of melons.
-- Tractate Megillah 7A

Lady Trish

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97
to lga...@aol.com

lga...@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or long hair look good on men? I think it looks pretty cool and I've had at least shoulder length very wavy hair since I was 16
> yrs. old (26 yrs. old now) and have been wearing a ponytail since around '91( sometimes I still wear it loose). People I know have tried to convince me at one point or another to cut my hair 'cause
> I'm a man and men should not wear long hair (sometimes feels like living in the midlle ages). So, what do you all think, should men have the right to wear their hair long or should we all cut our
> hair off? );~P to those who don't agree with me! Long live long hair!
> Luis Garza
> LGa...@aol.com
> "Est Solarus Oth Mithas"
> My Honor Is My Life

Luis
Don't cut your hair because people tell you that men/guies should not
have long hair it realy is there own insecritys that tells them that
guies/men should have short hair. I would say that most guies look
better with long hair. Besides short hair is a out dated idea just
because their dad had short hair and his dad had short hair in no means
that you should have your locks swacked off. Yes I an sick of short hair
and shaved heads on men/guies,some say its my mid-evil streek. like you
said long live long hair:) :) :).Tell then this if thay put a out house
tattoo on their forhead well then you will think about cutting your hair
than you all will look equilly
stupid.
Trish

Andrea Krause

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

On 16 Apr 1997 16:51:19 GMT, lga...@aol.com wrote:

>Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or long hair look good on men? I think it looks pretty cool and I've had at least shoulder length very wavy hair since I was 16
>yrs. old (26 yrs. old now) and have been wearing a ponytail since around '91( sometimes I still wear it loose). People I know have tried to convince me at one point or another to cut my hair 'cause
>I'm a man and men should not wear long hair (sometimes feels like living in the midlle ages). So, what do you all think, should men have the right to wear their hair long or should we all cut our
>hair off? );~P to those who don't agree with me! Long live long hair!
>Luis Garza
>LGa...@aol.com
>"Est Solarus Oth Mithas"
>My Honor Is My Life

Long hair is very attractive on most men. On some it's not. :) I
also think short hair is very attractive on most men....who am I
kidding...if I like a guy I don't care how long his hair is, he's just
awesome. :)

Andrea

"Do you really want to live forever? Forever, forever young." -Alphaville

"Oh, Joey I'm not angry anymore."- Concrete Blonde

Robert Schechter

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

nove...@aol.com wrote:

(snip)

> I am in the process of trying to convince my husband to grow his hair out when he

> grow it out now) The only problem I have run into is that he feels if his hair is longer, he should be allowed to grow a mustache. So here is
-my- question fo

> significant other or anyone who feels compelled to answer. If your spouse, sig other etc wants to grow a mustache, ponytail,etc, but you
absolutely -detest- th

> it or campaign vigorously for it's removal? Is that about as clear as mud? Reading it, I 'm not sure. Oh well, let me go watch a few more
episodes of Season

> took a whole 8 days to arrive from the time I ordered! Ramble on!

(Sorry the quote is chopped up--the lines ran too long.)

To answer the first question, I love long hair on men as long as it is
kept clean, but on my own beloved, since his hair is thinning, it would
not look good. But I do admire long hair. Didn't DM look <sigh> really
good <sigh> in long hair?

And now the Voice of Experience once again. Bob has a full beard and
mustache. He grew this face-fur while we were on vacation in the Middle
East (far from friends and family) in 1972, before some of you were even
born. Nobody in his family has ever liked it. People have taken him
aside and earnestly advised him to shave.

I can't tell you how delighted I am that he had such a truly excellent
idea all those years ago. That beard had not been growing more than a
week before I decided that I liked it. A lot. A whole lot. I mean, I
_really_ like it and would _definitely_ miss it if it were gone.

However, if he decided to shave tomorrow, I wouldn't try to stop him;
it's his face. I've never once told my children what to do with their
hair (except wash it). It's their hair. People have a right, I think,
to decide that sort of thing alone.

That's why I would never be upset with AP for cutting his hair; truly,
never. But if he cut Duncan's hair without asking him first, I can't
think that's right or ever will be. :-)

Eleanor

Cindy Breault

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

On 16 Apr 1997 16:51:19 GMT, lga...@aol.com wrote:

>Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or long hair look good on men? I think it looks pretty cool and I've had at least shoulder length very wavy hair since I was 16
>yrs. old (26 yrs. old now) and have been wearing a ponytail since around '91( sometimes I still wear it loose). People I know have tried to convince me at one point or another to cut my hair 'cause
>I'm a man and men should not wear long hair (sometimes feels like living in the midlle ages). So, what do you all think, should men have the right to wear their hair long or should we all cut our
>hair off? );~P to those who don't agree with me! Long live long hair!
>Luis Garza
>LGa...@aol.com
>"Est Solarus Oth Mithas"
>My Honor Is My Life

Okay. This is somewhat off-topic. Except AP did recently murder his
ponytail and we do have a basket full of mourners so I'm giving my
opinion.

I think you asked 2 different questions here.

The first one is do men look good in long hair or ponytails. My
answer is a qualified yes. Let me explain. Thick, gorgeous, clean,
long hair can be extremely sexy. However, IMHO, a man that is bald on
top looks silly with a pony tail. (For that matter a woman with very
thin hair also, IMHO, does not look good with long hair.) I think
different people look good with different hair lengths and styles.
IMO, the main thing that makes a person look good is not their hair or
any other physical attributes. It is their self-confidence. (I'm not
talking about cockiness or conceitedness, just good old-fashioned
self-confidence.)

The second question is should men have the right to wear their hair
long. My answer is absolutely yes. A man or a woman should have the
right to wear their hair however they want. It is their hair. Now
that I've said this, I feel obligated to point out that most of the
current business world feels differently. There seems to be a
prejudice against long hair, in favor of conservative short hair
styles. However, in spite of this prejudice it is mho that anything
from bald to floor length purple hair and everything in between is an
individual's right.

Just my $.02 worth.

Raymond and Lisa Boone

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

.

> >Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or
long
> >hair look good on men? >

<snip>

>nove...@aol.com wrote in article
<19970416184...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
<snip>
> I am married to a man with a semi-permanent short hair cut. I am in the

process of trying to convince my husband to grow his hair out when he

retires. (He is military so he can't

> grow it out now) The only problem I have run into is that he feels if his
hair is longer, he should be allowed to grow a mustache. So here is -my-

question for all those married folks, those with a

> significant other or anyone who feels compelled to answer. If your
spouse, sig other etc wants to grow a mustache, ponytail,etc, but you

absolutely -detest- the way it looks, should you put up with

> it or campaign vigorously for it's removal? Is that about as clear as
mud? Reading it, I 'm not sure. Oh well, let me go watch a few more

episodes of Season 3. I just got my tapes in yesterday,

> took a whole 8 days to arrive from the time I ordered! Ramble on!

To respond to Luis, I would have to agree with D~ that while as a rule I
love long hair on men, a lot depends on what kind of hair he has, how well
he takes care of it and how it is styled. I personally think that only
young men can get away with all one length shoulder-length or longer hair.
On older men, (shhh, don't tell my 44 year old husband that I am including
him in this category ) I think it looks better cut shorter in the front and
longer in the back, and no longer than shoulder-length. Boy, when I decide
to give an opinion, I really give it don't I?

Now on to D~'s question:

You really ought to re-think your anti facial hair policy. My husband had
a full beard when we met and off and on for the (almost) 13 years we have
been married. I had never seen him without it until he accidentally nicked
into the mustache when we had been married about 3 years and had to cut the
whole thing off. He came to the door to be let in and I stood there
staring at him for a minute or so before I recognized that this was the man
I was married to. And then I immediately started wailing....You are going
to grow it back aren't you? At least the mustache? You see D~, facial
hair has certain shall we say advantages and benefits that are really
quite, how should I say this, stimulating? There that's as good a word as
any and if you need anymore explanations, I'm sure that the handbasket
ladies could help us out here. Because as a genteel well brought up
southern young lady,( well, 35's not that old anyway )
I can Think anything, and I have Done most things, but I can not Speak of
them. It would indeed not be proper at all to speak of them, and besides
then my Mother might find out. ( The ultimate horror ) :-)

As to whether or not one spouse has a say or not in how the other on wears
their hair, clothes, etc., I think it is like anything else in marriage, it
depends on how strongly each party feels about their position and
compromise is the name of the game. My hair was barely to my shoulders
when my husband and I started dating. When we got engaged, he asked me
please, please, would I let my hair grow long?

Since it meant so much to him and I really didn't care, I grew it out. It
presently hangs almost to my waist and even though I know this may inspire
some wrath from others who feel differently, it really isn't anymore
trouble to take care of. And it makes him VERY HAPPY. And I get more
compliments on my hair ( jet black, wasn't someone taking a survey a while
back ) than anything else. So sometimes even men are right. Darn I hope
my husband doesn't read this !

Lisa ( Who does not have a sig file only a name and sometimes not even
that, though now that I have typed this, this crazy machine will probably
do it again)

Graham Young

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

lga...@aol.com wrote:

>Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or long hair look good on men? I think it looks pretty cool and I've had at least shoulder length very wavy hair since I was 16
>yrs. old (26 yrs. old now) and have been wearing a ponytail since around '91( sometimes I still wear it loose). People I know have tried to convince me at one point or another to cut my hair 'cause
>I'm a man and men should not wear long hair (sometimes feels like living in the midlle ages). So, what do you all think, should men have the right to wear their hair long or should we all cut our
>hair off? );~P to those who don't agree with me! Long live long hair!
>Luis Garza
>LGa...@aol.com
>"Est Solarus Oth Mithas"
>My Honor Is My Life

This is totally irrelevant but I think ponytails look really good on
men (so long as their hair is clean, if not ugh) umm okay sorry to
clutter up the newsgroup
bye

orion

joan morris

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

This is my first time jumping in on any discourse, although I have been
'listening" for awhile. I am a long time diehard HG fan (since the 1st
episode) and was so happy to discover there are other equally
disturbed/inspired mortals out there. Just proves that some mental
illnesses ARE contagious....
Now, long hair on guys...just like w/ girls, it depends on the individual.
there are some guys you see that have gorgeous hair (ie, AP), and others
that you just want to take a Flowbee to their head. I must confess that I
talked my husband into trying to grow his hair out longer, it actually got
to between his shoulder blades. Major mistake; I realized I was trying to
make him look like someone we all know on this NG. Some guys just look
better w/ short hair,some look good w/ long, and some guys w/ long hair
(ie, AP and a rare few others) make your mouth water when you see them.
P.S. For the record, I prefer DM (although I enjoy Methos in many ways).

The 1st one you want to spend the night w/ (or several), the second is the
friend that you want to spend the day w/. Just my opinion....I could
be wrong.

Lady McD
jamo...@silverlink.net

> lga...@aol.com wrote in article
<19970416165...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

Bob Sanders

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

Luis,
Ponytails are "interesting". They catch the eye. Just the sheer numbers
of women turning their heads for another look should answer that question.
Stop wondering and asking. One of the sexiest things about long hair is
the attitude that it takes to wear it!

Claire Maier

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

claire 7sister (7si...@ktc.com) wrote:

: Sorry to yell and everything, but I got a bit carried away. What is it
: with men and scissors these days? I've had two dear friends lop their
: locks in the past week. I am devastated. Hair on men should be long.
: Long I tell you. Long. Long. Long.
:
: Just stop it, you guys! How on earth am I supposed to get well with all of
: you threatening to cut your &#$%@ hair?
:
: Yes. You are 26. You are a man. As A Man You Should Have LONG Hair. Tell
: these hair cutting people to get a life. Geez. You gotta watch 'em every
: second.

Amen, sister!

Long hair on guys was one of the few good things about the 70s. Every guy
had hair past his ears.

But don't put it in a pony tail. If someone is looking at you from the
front, all that beautiful hair isn't even visible. Wear it loose!

--
Claire Maier bioa...@emory.edu CLM...@aol.com

To be different is not necessarily to be ugly;
to have a different idea is not necessarily to be wrong.
The worst possible thing is for all of us to begin
to look and act and think alike.
-- Gene Roddenberry

got...@bedford.net

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

My personal preference here is for men with hair long enough to put in
a ponytail. Definately long enough to brush the shoulders. Either
the 'all one length' or the 'shorter in front' is fine. There should
be enough to twine one's fingers in, though. Hair must be clean, and
it helps if it's got some curl to it (this may be a prejudice based on
my own 'didja iron it or what?' straight hair). My $.02, for what
it's worth.

Jessica U. Gothie--sysop

lga...@aol.com

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

I thank all of you that responded to this post for all your suggestions, and, no, I don't think I'll be cutting off my hair anytime soon. See ya,

WarAngel

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97
to Lady Trish

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Lady Trish wrote:

> Don't cut your hair because people tell you that men/guies should not
> have long hair it realy is there own insecritys that tells them that
> guies/men should have short hair. I would say that most guies look
> better with long hair. Besides short hair is a out dated idea just
> because their dad had short hair and his dad had short hair in no means
> that you should have your locks swacked off. Yes I an sick of short hair
> and shaved heads on men/guies,some say its my mid-evil streek. like you
> said long live long hair:) :) :).Tell then this if thay put a out house
> tattoo on their forhead well then you will think about cutting your hair
> than you all will look equilly
> stupid.

Trish, I wish short hair were outdated. The return of long hair as fashion
was pioneered about four years ago by the likes of Fabio (ugh) and Brad
Pitt (eegh), not to mention various male models. But somehow in '96 and
'97, the George Clooneys and the Tom Cruises made the Caesar cut hip.
These all all rough timeframes, mind you. Ritchie ended up getting one and
now looks all mature.

I wish I could have long hair, but I'm up in front of Fortune 500 clients a
lot and have to keep it short. Worse, the lady who cuts my hair begged me
into letting her do a caesar-hybrid, which made my life worse, initially.

But with a little styling and ingenuity, I'm brushing it back and going,
"Gee, I'm looking a bit like Adrian now." My hairdresser is ordering me a
clip-on pony tail for my weekend immortal escapades.

Best of both worlds!

WarAngel
http://www.angelic.org/

claire 7sister

Apr 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/18/97

lga...@aol.com wrote in article
<19970417143...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

Ladies! Let Us Rejoice! A Soul Has Been Saved This Day!

Begin Handle's Hallelujah Chorus from "The Messiah"

Now, If we could just get Peter Wingfield to grow out his hair....

.oooO Oooo.
( ) *L* ( ) claire 7si...@ktc.com
\ ( ) / certified public iconoclast
( ) ( )

LGarza7

Apr 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/18/97

<<SNIPPED some for space>>

--
>Bananas have no place in email: wizh...@BANANASbigfoot.com

I agree with you in that if you have the right attitude towards long
hair(Had mine long since I was 16, nowa little bit over half way down my
back), it doesn't matter what other people have to say about it. I also
agree with the tendency for being different. I myself am always being
mistaken as a female when I go to the store, etc. because of my long hair
or when I'm asked for my driver's license, the person usually asks for MY
license, not my sister's ID (don't have any, but do have a brother). Like
you said, I don't take it personnally, I take it in stride and have a good
laugh with them when they find out the mistake they've made.

As for cutting it off, I don't think I'll be doing that anytime
soon :~)

Jennifer Jobst

Apr 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/18/97
to claire 7sister

> Ladies! Let Us Rejoice! A Soul Has Been Saved This Day!
>
> Begin Handle's Hallelujah Chorus from "The Messiah"
>
> Now, If we could just get Peter Wingfield to grow out his hair....
>
> .oooO Oooo.
> ( ) *L* ( ) claire 7si...@ktc.com
> \ ( ) / certified public iconoclast
> ( ) ( )

Ummm, I don't think that would be such a great idea. It has been my
experience that guys with fine features don't do well with long hair.
My ex tried growing his hair out some, and it just didn't look right.
But personally, I think PW looks great just the way he it, toes and all!

Jen

PS. Rumor has it you're from Texas. Mind if I ask where?

Jim P.

Apr 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/19/97

In some newsgroup <5j573h$1...@larry.cc.emory.edu>
bioa...@larry.cc.emory.edu (Claire Maier) talked about:

> claire 7sister (7si...@ktc.com) wrote:
[snip some comments]

> --
> Claire Maier bioa...@emory.edu CLM...@aol.com
>
> To be different is not necessarily to be ugly;
> to have a different idea is not necessarily to be wrong.
> The worst possible thing is for all of us to begin
> to look and act and think alike.
> -- Gene Roddenberry

I'm 30 now and have been going for long hair for about
8 months now. I finally have a job where the dress code
is fairly loose.

As far as it goes - my mother wouldn't let me grow it
long when I was a teen. I joined the Air Force 3 months
out of high school and some 8 years later was getting
jobs where I had to look clean and uptight.

I now have a ponytail at work, but at home or when
going out let it hang loose.

And for my mustache I use mustache wax and have
curls on the end.

Long hair is my choice!

----
Jim P.
mailto://jim...@dnaco.net
Check out the Official Darwin Award Home Page at:
http://www.dnaco.net/~jimpen/darwin/darwin.html

lostchild

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Long vs Short, Beard vs Clean

I have had a flat top and I have cut my 3 foot length hair off once. (my
best friend wanted my ponytail, I wrapped it up and gave it to her for
her B-day.) I've also been clean shaven.

I have grown my hair back (slightly past shoulder) and have a goatee. I
have been told to cut my hair and shave by several people. I still have
my friends even though some don't like my hair. People still accept me
anyways. In general, women like me with long hair and my goatee. My
"signifcant other" likes it long and she agrees with Lisa Boone on the
'advantages" of facial hair. ;)

If I start to go bald, I will chop the ponytail. I think it looks funny.
(Except on Sean Connery hehehe)
--
[O] lator
[O] Matt

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Sig file.

Angela Furry

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Excuse me! I just have a quick question here.

I know some guys with ponytails who you just wanna throw under the rug
and forget about.

And I know other guys in ponytails who you wanna throw _on_ the rug
and, um, well...

You know what I mean.

But how do you get _men_ actually _on_ the ponytails? Do they chop 'em
off and stomp on the poor things in frustration or what?

Always the devil's advocate (and with a sig better than Claire's to
boot),

.oooO Oooo.
( ) *L* ( ) Angela Furry
\ ( ) /
( ) ( ) ange...@wf.net http://www.wf.net/~angelafy

Wade Pyro Boger

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

In article <5jeoc8$h...@usenet85.supernews.com> angelaf...@wf.net (Angela Furry) writes:

>Excuse me! I just have a quick question here.
>I know some guys with ponytails who you just wanna throw under the rug
>and forget about.
>And I know other guys in ponytails who you wanna throw _on_ the rug
>and, um, well...
>You know what I mean.
>But how do you get _men_ actually _on_ the ponytails? Do they chop 'em
>off and stomp on the poor things in frustration or what?

Okie. Follow me on this one...
Last year there was a NASCAR in which NASCAR's resident ponytailer, Kyle Petty
was injured in a wreck. The medical crews came, put him on a stretcher, but
when they went to pick him up, one of the men had been stepping on his
ponytail accidentaly.

THAT's how you get a man on a ponytail.

Pyro
--
/|_______|:|--------------------------------------------------.
(O|X X X X<:>---------Because the alternative is unthinkable---->
\|~~~~~~~|:|--------------------------------------------------'
|:| "Remember, no matter what anyone tells you, you
>W< can never have too much sugar." -John Travolta,
"Micheal"

lostchild

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Wade Pyro Boger wrote:
> Okie. Follow me on this one...
> Last year there was a NASCAR in which NASCAR's resident ponytailer, Kyle Petty
> was injured in a wreck. The medical crews came, put him on a stretcher, but
> when they went to pick him up, one of the men had been stepping on his
> ponytail accidentaly.
>
> THAT's how you get a man on a ponytail.
>
> Pyro

<clap> <clap> You go Wade! rofl

lostchild

ANDREA E LEONARD

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Good for you! You should definitely stand up for your rights as a long haired
man. Too many of them bow to the pressures of this corrupt and dull society
and get it cut. It's my theory that if all long haired guys stood up for there
rights, then eventually people would just learn to deal with it! Like my dad.
He doesn't really like long hair on men, but he knows that my mom and I do so
there's really nothing he can do or say about it. He has conceded quite
gracefully I must say. :)

Andi

In <19970416165...@ladder01.news.aol.com> lga...@aol.com writes:

> Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or long hair look good on men? I think it looks pretty cool and I've had at least shoulder length very wavy hair since I was 16
> yrs. old (26 yrs. old now) and have been wearing a ponytail since around '91( sometimes I still wear it loose). People I know have tried to convince me at one point or another to cut my hair 'cause
> I'm a man and men should not wear long hair (sometimes feels like living in the midlle ages). So, what do you all think, should men have the right to wear their hair long or should we all cut our
> hair off? );~P to those who don't agree with me! Long live long hair!

ThLionHrt

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

I as a man,,don't like long hair...I never wanted to let my hair grow,
because it reminds me of Hells Angles, rednecks, and other people who
think they're hot s--t...It always looked "unclean",,even though it may
very well be the exact opposite......
It's kinda like how men with short hair are looked at as being stern,
serious, militant types...or corp. types

that's my .02, and it's about worth that much ..ha ha ha

Lady Trish

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97
to ThLionHrt
Thlionhrt
As for the Hells Angels you do realize that some of them are
Profesionals like doctors, business exc. The rednecks well that belongs
to you swacked off haired guys .Just because a guy has long hair in no
means causes a I think I am hot S--t aditude. As for unclean well short
hair does not make your hair any cleaner shampoo does. And your point
about Stern,serious,militant types or corp. types. This Just means you
have no mind of your own or you cowtow to people that have told you
should have short hair and like a cog in the machine you went along with
it. Long hair is romantic the best to run fingers through.If you asked
twenty wemen you will find thay would like you with long hair better.But
each to his own said the old lady as she licked the cow. Cut it short
and look up tight thats ok. thats my .02cents worth. see ya
Peace.
Trish

LGarza7

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

writes:

>>>SNIPPED for space<<<

>> Greetings, I was wondering, how may women out there think ponytails or
long

>hair look good on men? );~P to those who don't agree with me! Long live

long hair!
>> Luis Garza
>> LGa...@aol.com

Ah, looks like another highly intelligent person who agrees that men
should not be bound by the ignorance and self righteousness of this
society where only a minority of people tell the majority what they can
wear, and how long they're hair should be. I, for one, like long hair and
don't plan on cutting it anytime soon (unless by some unforeseen Cosmic
occurance that my hair starts falling off by itself). I hope I didn't
offend anybody, but that's the way I feel. ;~(
Sorry, meant ;~)

Luis Garza
LGa...@aol.com
"Est Solarus Oth Mithas"

My Honor Is My Life Dragonlance Chronicles

Jerri LaPoint

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

Happy to note that there are so many news groupers with long hair and/or
ponytails.
Just came back from the grocery store...ill-fated quest for Nutella, that
it was. No Nutella to be found, but there was this nice-looking man with a
beautiful chestnut colored ponytail. Unfortunately, he got into the 6 item
or less line while I was stuck behind the shoppers from hell, who pretty
much bought out the store. I watched him until he left the store.
Wonder how many other women were watching...
Jerri

Roy Rumaner

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

Personally I like and wear my hair long - and in a ponytail - down to
the point just below my shoulder blades. I have had long hair since
well before Highlander was even on the big screen.

I usually wear it loose at the end of the work day and wear it in a
ponytail (usually with a Celtic hair tie from the catalogue) when I
visit my clients.

So you can see (read)) that as a professional, not a punk, biker
(nothing wrong with them), hippie (I was too young in the 60's, but
enjoyed the 70's) and husband that long hair is really okay. I also
find that my wife really likes it. Truth be told, my mother AND my
mother-in-law like it so I guess it gets to stay. I am also told it
goes well with my diamond earring.

Roy Rumaner
rrum...@xnet.com

Kelly Shuford

May 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/2/97

Tetleys wrote:

> I have always liked men with long CLEAN hair. If a man takes care of it,
> trims it and keeps it tidy, I think its as sexy as hell. When it looks
> greasy and straggly, then I think a pair of scissors shoudl find its way
> over there.
>
> Besides Adrian Paul...Think Kevin Costner in WOLVES, Robin Hood, or Mel in
> Braveheart, or Road Warrior. etc.
> AHHHHHH makes my heart go Pittypat TETLEYS

Also Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans! <veg> ....ooooohh, can we
invite them *all* to the handbasket?.....*thunk*

Kelly
--
A man who has lived for centuries knows much of pleasing women.
-- Nancy Holder, MOAM

Jerri LaPoint

May 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/7/97

Tetleys <tet...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970506235...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
snip

> Besides Adrian Paul...Think Kevin Costner in WOLVES, Robin Hood, or Mel
in
> Braveheart, or Road Warrior. etc.
> AHHHHHH makes my heart go Pittypat TETLEYS

You have forgotten some of the best hair on the silver screen: Daniel
Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans. Flying out behind him as he runs through
fields and forests.
thumpa-thumpa.
Jerri

Lady Trish

May 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/7/97
to Jerri LaPoint
Jerri
Don't forget Joe Laura he has very long locks I know he is not very
known . Trish

Debbie in Omaha

May 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/8/97

In article <19970508145...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
aur...@aol.com (AuroraC) wrote:

> In article <3369FA...@bellsouth.net>, Kelly Shuford

> <kshu...@bellsouth.net> writes:
>
> > I have always liked men with long CLEAN hair. If a man takes care of
> it,
> >> trims it and keeps it tidy, I think its as sexy as hell. When it looks
> >> greasy and straggly, then I think a pair of scissors shoudl find its
> way
> >> over there.
> >>

> >> Besides Adrian Paul...Think Kevin Costner in WOLVES, Robin Hood, or Mel
> in
> >> Braveheart, or Road Warrior. etc.
> >> AHHHHHH makes my heart go Pittypat TETLEYS
> >

> >Also Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans! <veg> ....ooooohh, can we
> >invite them *all* to the handbasket?.....*thunk*
>

> We can't forget Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall! Oh my little heart!
>
> Aurora
> aur...@aol.com

Let's not forget Kevin Sorbo or Lorenzo Lamas in Renegade! (before he
hacked it all off and got those butt-ugly extensions) *ducking the whaps I
know are gonna come* Hey, so I like long hair, muscles, tatoos, leather
pants and Harleys... Is DM ever gonna ride a motorcycle, or is that
distinction left to Richie?

Debbie in Omaha (thinking of the Evil Duncan that'll be on USA tonight,
washing that chest,licking that lip::::swoon::::thud::::)

--
Please remove anti-spam xx in email address before responding.

Jerri LaPoint

May 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/8/97

AuroraC wrote:

> We can't forget Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall! Oh my little heart!
>
> Aurora

I dunno...I didn't think much of Brad Pitt in Legends... maybe it's
attitude. I know his character wasn't a hero, but did he have to be such
a creep?
Jerri

Jim P.

May 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/8/97

In some newsgroup <3369FA...@bellsouth.net>
Kelly Shuford <kshu...@bellsouth.net> talked about:

> Tetleys wrote:
[snip]

> Also Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans! <veg> ....ooooohh, can we
> invite them *all* to the handbasket?.....*thunk*
>

> Kelly
> --
> A man who has lived for centuries knows much of pleasing women.
> -- Nancy Holder, MOAM

Does anyone need me to add something to the handbasket at:
http://www.dnaco.net/~jimpen/handbasket/handbasket.html ?

Jerri LaPoint

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

Paige Foster <morr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<337265...@earthlink.net>...
> What about Antonio Banderas in "Desperado"? yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's funny. I was just lauding him on another subject strand. Yes, AB is
QUITE yummy.
Jerri

Lady Trish

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97
to Debbie, in, Omaha, >

Debbie in Omaha wrote:

> In article <19970508145...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> aur...@aol.com (AuroraC) wrote:
>
> > In article <3369FA...@bellsouth.net>, Kelly Shuford
> > <kshu...@bellsouth.net> writes:
> >
> > > I have always liked men with long CLEAN hair. If a man takes care of
> > it,
> > way
> > > sniped

>> Let's not forget Kevin Sorbo or Lorenzo Lamas in Renegade! (before he
> hacked it all off and got those butt-ugly extensions) *ducking the whaps I
> know are gonna come* Hey, so I like long hair, muscles, tatoos, leather
> pants and Harleys... Is DM ever gonna ride a motorcycle, or is that
> distinction left to Richie?
>
> Debbie in Omaha (thinking of the Evil Duncan that'll be on USA tonight,
> washing that chest,licking that lip::::swoon::::thud::::)

Debbie
You and me both I to like long locks hard bodies tatoos and Harleys as
for DM on a bike not! As for Kevin sorbo yuck! Lorenzo is dreamy no I
don't like his new do but the face well what can I say . I know there is
those who don't like him on the NG.I do know he can realy shoot the 9
that he(Reno) has on the show . he has been in the NRA'S cleb. shoot.
but I am drifting of the subject ooops. See ya.
peace Trish

mccormick

May 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/10/97

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but AP has cut his hair short!!! I'm
depressed.

Paige Foster <morr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<337265...@earthlink.net>...

> Jerri LaPoint wrote:
> >
> > Tetleys <tet...@aol.com> wrote in article
> > <19970506235...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> > snip

> > > Besides Adrian Paul...Think Kevin Costner in WOLVES, Robin Hood, or
Mel
> > in
> > > Braveheart, or Road Warrior. etc.
> > > AHHHHHH makes my heart go Pittypat TETLEYS
> > >

> > You have forgotten some of the best hair on the silver screen: Daniel
> > Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans. Flying out behind him as he runs
through
> > fields and forests.
> > thumpa-thumpa.
> > Jerri
>

> What about Antonio Banderas in "Desperado"? yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>

> Paige
>
> "Lord, what fools these mortals be!" - Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

adam adam

Jan 3, 2021, 7:58:21 AM1/3/21
Too bad there are no such threads today ...
And there are almost no women whose husbands have a ponytail

adam adam

Jan 3, 2021, 8:01:55 AM1/3/21
ב-יום רביעי, 16 באפריל 1997 בשעה 10:00:00 UTC+3, Debra Fran Baker כתב/ה:
> My husband has long hair that he wears in a ponytail (it's actually short
> in front, so if he wants to tuck the tail under a jacket collar he can and
> no one would know. He did this for our wedding pictures.) A couple of
> years ago, he also grew a beard and mustache. I find the effect quite
> attractive on him - the beard is very full and he keeps it trimmed but
> a couple of inches long, plus he shaves his cheeks.
> However, his hair is his business. If he came home tomorrow (he's getting
> his pre-Passover haircut tomorrow) with the ponytail gone, fine. I doubt
> he'll shave his beard since he hates shaving anyway, but if he did, it
> would still be his choice. Just like my hair. If I decided I was tired
> of dealing with long curly hair that no one sees anyway and got it cut
> short, he wouldn't be happy but he'd deal. I happen to be happy with my
> hair long even if no one sees it but him, so that's not going to happen.
> Debra
> --
> One sharp peppercorn is better than a basketful of melons.
> -- Tractate Megillah 7A
> Debra Fran Baker dfb...@panix.com

Debra, you are a lovely writer

jills...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2021, 1:20:24 AM1/4/21
On Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 9:58:21 PM UTC+9, adam adam wrote:
> Too bad there are no such threads today ...
> And there are almost no women whose husbands have a ponytail

Come on the forum. Or the many Facebook groups. Lots and lots of talking.