did richie only become immortal in season 2?

已查看 180 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Brian

未读,
2000年4月21日 03:00:002000/4/21
收件人
did richie only become immortal in season2? i've never seen season 1..
i've seen most of season 2 and all of season 3 - 6.. but i was watching
the episode where tessa dies today and at the end mcleod goes to richie
now yer one of us :)

- Brian

First Fallen

未读,
2000年4月21日 03:00:002000/4/21
收件人

Yup, that was Richies first death that triggered his Immortality

ogam...@my-deja.com

未读,
2000年4月21日 03:00:002000/4/21
收件人
In article <38FFF220...@home.com>,

Brian <zod...@home.com> wrote:
> did richie only become immortal in season2? i've never seen season 1..
> i've seen most of season 2 and all of season 3 - 6.. but i was
watching
> the episode where tessa dies today and at the end mcleod goes to
richie
> now yer one of us :)
>
> - Brian

Yep, he was just a mortal (well, a pre-immortal) throughout the first
season.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

James Craven

未读,
2000年4月21日 03:00:002000/4/21
收件人
Group: alt.tv.highlander Date: Fri, Apr 21, 2000, 6:15am (CDT+5) From:
zod...@home.com (Brian) did richie only become immortal in season 2?
did richie only become immortal in season2? i've never seen season 1..
i've seen most of season 2 and all of season 3 - 6.. but i was watching
the episode where tessa dies today and at the end mcleod goes to richie
now yer one of us :)
- Brian

Yes,Brian it was not until Season 2 that Richie and we the viewers found
out he was immortal.We spend the first season wondering why Duncan puts
up with this hot headed kid that in episode one (The Gathering) tries to
rob his antique store;bailing him out,giving him a job,giving him a
place to live,etc.Now when you watch season one with hind-sight,you can
see that there are times Duncan wants to tell Richie something but keeps
putting it off.As the story line goes,we determine that immortals must
get a little version of the "buzz" even in the presence of pre-immortals
and that Duncan wants to keep this kid under his watchful eyes so a bad
immortal doesn't "kill" Ritchie and then takes his head.Duncan probably
wants this "kid" to gain some physical and mental maturity(maybe reach
his 30's as Duncan himself achieved)before telling him and giving him a
chance to commit his own "suicide" then.(Which Duncan didn't even want
to do for a gifted piano player friend of his even though she was in the
prime of her life/career,for fear this would stifle the creative talents
that all artists put in to their work because they know they only have
so much time in their lives to complete the things they have going on in
their heads)But outside of the story line Stan Kirch(Richie) and
Alexandra Vandernoot(Tessa)must have given the directors some reasons
during the first season to think that they may not be in this for the
long haul and why they held off giving Richie a future.In fact the first
time the episode in season 2 aired(The Darkness)it ended after the scene
in the antique store with Duncan looking at Tessa's art(Kansas's Dust in
the Wind playing in the background)All of a sudden halfway through
season 2(the second half when they would film episodes in France)we
discover Richie is alive and is looking for Duncan's help in Paris with
an immortal hot on his heels.Then the next time we are shown The
Darkness in reruns this the exchange between Duncan and Richie in the
alley where he says "now you are one of us".It was as if Stan Kirsch
thought he wanted to do other things (like play Monica's high school boy
toy in an episode of"Friend's")then he realized he had a pretty good gig
with Highlander and wanted to come back for at least a few more
years(until they had him killed off by Duncan accidentally at the end of
season 5 "Archangel",how long can you pay a twenty year old who's not
aging?)He did do a guest shot in the series finale,"To Be or Not To
Be",where Duncan has his "It's a Wonderful Life " type dream where he
sees all of the people that have been in his life and what their lives
would have been like had they not known him,Tessa is alive in this one
as well.
Jimmy C

Jim

未读,
2000年4月22日 03:00:002000/4/22
收件人
I'm afraid Mr. Craven has some of his ideals mixed up. Throughout the
origional series and "Raven's" season (and series) finale, the common
idea was that there are a lot of "pre-immies" born, however, it was not
an immortal's place to decide when a pre-immie's mortal life is over.
Which was why Mac was so determined to prevent Claudia Jardine's
untimely death by Walter Graham (but yes, we've seen other immortals
intervine in that process for their own gain). And we've seen Amanda
trigger Nick's immortality to save his life (so what if I include that
series as part of the stroyline. Do something about it or get over it).
And, I will also inform you that if you pay CLOSER attention to the
first season, they couldn't have put in anymore obvious hints shy of
simply stating it, that Richie was an immortal (watch "Family Tree" for
example).

James Craven

未读,
2000年4月24日 03:00:002000/4/24
收件人
>I'm afraid Mr. Craven has some of his ideals
>mixed up. Throughout the original series and

>"Raven's" season (and series) finale, the
>common idea was that there are a lot of
>"pre-immies" born, however, it was not an
>immortal's place to decide when a pre-immie's
>mortal life is over. Which was why Mac was so
>determined to prevent Claudia Jardine's
>untimely death by Walter Graham (but yes,
>we've seen other immortals intervene in that

>process for their own gain). And we've seen
>Amanda trigger Nick's immortality to save his
>life (so what if I include that series as part of the
>stroryline. Do something about it or get over it).

  >  And, I will also inform you that if you pay
>CLOSER attention to the first season, they
>couldn't have put in any more obvious hints shy

>of simply stating it, that Richie was an immortal
>(watch "Family Tree" for example).

First of all Jim,you might want to keep a dictionary close by
when you are trying to show your superior knowledge and opinion over
someone else.I think you meant,my ideas(thoughts) not my
ideals(perfects).In an ideal world you would have kept your opinions of
my ideas to yourself.
Second,how does your response dispute anything I said in my
response or show that I am "mixed up"?I did say there were hints during
the first season at the fact that there was something Duncan wanted to
tell Richie.Just enough to keep us,the viewers,speculating but not so
directly in case Stan didn't want to a twenty year old immortal for the
whole lifespan of a t.v.series.I did not say Duncan would take Richie's
"life" on purpose nor that he definitely would decide when Richie's
"life" should end and take on it's immortal status.Just knowing Duncan's
sense of goodness and fairness,I stated my opinion that when he felt
that Richie had reached a peak in mortal physical and mental maturity,he
might tell Richie the truth and let him decide for himself.That is the
very reason I mentioned Mz. Jardine and her artistic ability.I never
thought Mr.Graham should have taken her life without asking,and have
always felt that as a long time friend of the family Duncan should have
told her the truth(and at the same time the possible consequences)and
let her decide for herself."Do you want to stay young and beautiful and
possibly stifle the artist in you or burn brightly as a piano player for
a couple of decades,become an old lady,fall and break a hip,and
"die",and then remain in that condition for centuries until someone
mercifully takes your head.And that someone may be me,Duncan MacLeod of
the Clan MacLeod,because I could not bare to see my old friend continue
in that condition?"
And as you said,why bring up that Raven mess?The question was
about Richie and the first season of that series and how they handled
that story line.Yes,it was very obvious that Nick was going to be
immortal and that it was all going to wrap up as conveniently as it
did.But that whole series needs to be sent to the nether-world currently
reserved for Highlander 2 and the cartoon series.
J.Craven

Shomeret

未读,
2000年4月24日 03:00:002000/4/24
收件人
Re sending Raven to the nether world-- There are Raven fans who disagree. I
would love to have euroversion tapes of certain eps. of Raven, and a new
edition of Maureen Russell's Watcher's Guide with Raven included.

Shomeret
Raven Fan

RieS9

未读,
2000年4月26日 03:00:002000/4/26
收件人

"Shomeret" <shom...@aol.com> wrote in message
I agree Shomeret. I was actually enjoying The Raven. I thought the writers
did a good job taking the self-centered, playful Amanda (JMOHO) and bringing
about some changes in her character without being drastic. I thought the
end was perfect...Amanda hadn't changed so much that she actually considered
whether Nick would want to be immortal (the look of confusion and disbelief
on her face was so believable) yet, she had changed enough that I was
actually liking her more. :-)
Rie <not usually cheering Amanda, but really liked The Raven>
--
RieS9 erth...@optonline.net
ICQ # 38338093

Renee Michele Long

未读,
2000年4月26日 03:00:002000/4/26
收件人
Also, in the very first show of season one, "The Gathering", it starts out
with Duncan and Tessa making love in their bedroom, Duncan stops and tells
Tessa, "I feel something...." before a soon to be immortal is killed the
first time, they carry a "light" quickening, that immortals can sense,
that's why Duncan takes him under his wing. I have season one, and have
really enjoyed it!!!

--
HEAR ME>> http://pagoo.com/signature/rmlong
"James Craven" <james...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Carlos

未读,
2000年4月26日 03:00:002000/4/26
收件人
I all was very clear since the first episode. even Connor asks
Duncan about was does he think to do with the "boy"

>In article <sgeml1...@corp.supernews.com>, "Renee Michele

Shillelagh

未读,
2000年4月26日 03:00:002000/4/26
收件人

Hey guys - relax -

Take another gander at the very first episode in which Christopher Lambert
makes a comment to Duncan the "boy will need some watching" or some comment
close to that. That (to me) is the first clue about Richie.
Shelagh

"James Craven" <james...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Andrew Smith

未读,
2000年4月27日 03:00:002000/4/27
收件人
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:19:28 -0400, "Renee Michele Long"
<rml...@charter.net> wrote:

>Also, in the very first show of season one, "The Gathering", it starts out
>with Duncan and Tessa making love in their bedroom, Duncan stops and tells
>Tessa, "I feel something...."

Please tell me that Tessa said, "So you should!"

>before a soon to be immortal is killed the
>first time, they carry a "light" quickening, that immortals can sense,
>that's why Duncan takes him under his wing. I have season one, and have
>really enjoyed it!!!

Quickening Lite! For those people watching their age. When used in
conjunction with a daily exercise program, Quickening Lite can
contribute to longevity without the pain of aging. Quickening Lite is
available at all good retailers. Be sure to ask about Full-strength
Quickening, for all you serious non-agers!

_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_
O/ Andrew Smith \O
/| muppet...@project-2501.com |\
/ \ / \
Great minds like a think.
"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"-_-"

Dany

未读,
2000年4月27日 03:00:002000/4/27
收件人

----------
In article <sgeml1...@corp.supernews.com>, "Renee Michele Long"
<rml...@charter.net> wrote:

> Also, in the very first show of season one, "The Gathering", it starts out
> with Duncan and Tessa making love in their bedroom, Duncan stops and tells
> Tessa, "I feel something...."

Hehe..and her response.."Well, I hope so.."

I fell out of my chair on that one....

Dany
-really, I'm not a pervert

James Craven

未读,
2000年4月27日 03:00:002000/4/27
收件人
>Also, in the very first show of season one, "The
>Gathering", it starts out with Duncan and Tessa
>making love in their bedroom, Duncan stops
>and tells Tessa, "I feel something...." before a

>soon to be immortal is killed the first time, they
>carry a "light" quickening, that immortals can
>sense, that's why Duncan takes him under his
>wing.

Renee,I'm afraid that scene doesn't prove Duncan got the "buzz" around
Richie.Keep in mind that alley was pretty full that night.He colud have
been 'buzzing" from Slan or Connor or a combination of all three.Once
again proving my point about the writers giving us a reason to think
Richie might be an immortal,but not telling us for sure,giving Stan a
way out of playing a twenty year old immortal for five or six years.We
the viewers say to ourselves,"This kid burglar must be an immortal
because Duncan sensed his presence,but then BOOM there's Slan.Oh,it must
have been him,Duncan sensed!"

Susan Stansfield

未读,
2000年4月27日 03:00:002000/4/27
收件人

In article <39078a60...@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
muppet...@project-2501.com.NOSPAM wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:19:28 -0400, "Renee Michele Long"
><rml...@charter.net> wrote:
>
>>Also, in the very first show of season one, "The Gathering", it starts
>out
>>with Duncan and Tessa making love in their bedroom, Duncan stops and tells
>>Tessa, "I feel something...."
>

>Please tell me that Tessa said, "So you should!"

Actually, she said, "I hope so". (Really!)

And Renee, Duncan _could_ have been sensing Richie's presence. But I always
thought he sensed Connor and Slan.

Susan

Alison Hall

未读,
2000年4月28日 03:00:002000/4/28
收件人
I have to say my husband, Adrian, told me right from the first episode that
Richie was going to be an immortal.
I didn't believe him - I couldn't see the importance of Connor's comment
about watching the boy, and it never
occurred to me why Duncan was so certain Richie wouldn't find his father.

He still gets that smug look on his face whenever anyone mentions it.

Alison.
(A newbie to this group)

Brian <zod...@home.com> wrote in message news:38FFF220...@home.com...

TBird

未读,
2000年4月28日 03:00:002000/4/28
收件人
"Alison Hall" <aliso...@virgin.net> writes:

>Alison.
>(A newbie to this group)

Welcome Alison!

The bar has been mighty quiet of late....but I might find a clone to make a
drink for ya'! Enjoy!

TBird <---- :-)
~ ~ ~
Bird inside the ribcage
Beating to be free....
~ Bruce Cockburn

icq # 63568829

Jette Goldie

未读,
2000年4月28日 03:00:002000/4/28
收件人

Alison Hall wrote in message ...

>I have to say my husband, Adrian, told me right from the first episode that
>Richie was going to be an immortal.
>I didn't believe him - I couldn't see the importance of Connor's comment
>about watching the boy, and it never
>occurred to me why Duncan was so certain Richie wouldn't find his father.
>
>He still gets that smug look on his face whenever anyone mentions it.
>
>Alison.
>(A newbie to this group)

Hi Alison - does you husband also predict the denoument of
detective stories and the major plot points of movies?

(he watches too much tv in that case <g>)

Jette Goldie

jette....@u.genie.co.uk
HISTORICON 2001 - Setting the Standards for the Next Millennium
5th & 6th May 2001, Edinburgh, Scotland UK
http://you.genie.co.uk/jette.goldie/
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/historicon

Dianne

未读,
2000年4月29日 03:00:002000/4/29
收件人

"Alison Hall" wrote

> (A newbie to this group)

Hi Alison,
Welcome to the sandbox!

Dianne*waving from Oz*

Alison Hall

未读,
2000年4月29日 03:00:002000/4/29
收件人
Usually yeah - it's really annoying.
He figured out the Usual Suspects in the first half hour.
So what can I say?

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Alison.

Susan Stansfield

未读,
2000年4月29日 03:00:002000/4/29
收件人
Just wanted to say welcome to the sandbox, Alison. :-)

Susan

In article <MvbO4.1020$Px3....@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, "Alison wrote:

>I have to say my husband, Adrian, told me right from the first episode
>that
>Richie was going to be an immortal.
>I didn't believe him - I couldn't see the importance of Connor's comment
>about watching the boy, and it never
>occurred to me why Duncan was so certain Richie wouldn't find his father.
>
>He still gets that smug look on his face whenever anyone mentions it.
>
>Alison.

John Biltz

未读,
2000年4月29日 03:00:002000/4/29
收件人
That would have been so amazing I would have had to kill him, did he get The
Sixth Sense? Seriously though I don't think I would go watch a movie with
him although I would probably tolerate it in TV.

Not Too Tolerant Moose

"Alison Hall" <aliso...@virgin.net> wrote in message

kru...@wildmail.com

未读,
2000年4月30日 03:00:002000/4/30
收件人
Of course he did! He gat shot and died same as Tessa but came back to
life. Have not seen the episode for a wile but i seem to remember
McLeod feeling Ritchie's presence as he comes out to tell him he's one
of them now.

Mike

Alison Hall

未读,
2000年5月1日 03:00:002000/5/1
收件人
He hasn't actually seen it, but to be honest I'm surprised he hasn't figured
it out from the trailers.
.

RieS9

未读,
2000年5月4日 03:00:002000/5/4
收件人
Hi Alison,
Welcome!
Rie <drive by posting>

--
RieS9 erth...@optonline.net
ICQ # 38338093

> I have to say my husband, Adrian, told me right from the first episode
that
> Richie was going to be an immortal.
> I didn't believe him - I couldn't see the importance of Connor's comment
> about watching the boy, and it never
> occurred to me why Duncan was so certain Richie wouldn't find his father.
>
> He still gets that smug look on his face whenever anyone mentions it.
>
> Alison.
> (A newbie to this group)
>

> Brian <zod...@home.com> wrote in message

David

未读,
2021年7月5日 09:39:262021/7/5
收件人
I wanted to know the answer to this question (was Richie always immortal), and found a clear answer from Bill Panzer.

He basically states in an interview that they weren't sure, but had considered it. By the time of filming, they were set enough on the idea, that they added all the foreshadowing we see in the Highlander series.

I lay it all out here if you're interested: https://oldcynic.com/was-highlander-richie-ryan-always-going-to-be-immortal
0 个新帖子