I dont want old Iolaus back because...

Remi

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99
I dont want old Iolaus back because...
The new Iolaus is very good.

Truthseeker

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
spoiler for 5th season Iolaus

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

0

On Sun, 09 May 1999 20:05:43 GMT, Remi <kaz...@hotmail.com> wrote these
exquisite 3 lines of text:
:===============:

>I dont want old Iolaus back because...
>The new Iolaus is very good.

I'm really liking the new Iolaus too. And I don't want the old Iolaus back
either, but for a different reason.

The old Iolaus got killed. I'm kind of getting tired of dead people coming back
from death, sometimes inexplicably. It destroys the credibility of the show.
Callisto of all people looks like she's going to come back after suffering a
hinds' blood death in next week's episode of Xena. I'm curious to see what kind
of excuse they make up that brings Callisto back to life. Or maybe her return
will be like Gabrielle's return in "A Family Affair" where there was absolutely
no explanation whatsoever for her resurrection! That would be frustrating. I
like Callisto and all, and think she's one of the best characters ever in either
show. But I wish there was some sense to some of the most important things that
happen, like Gabrielle and Hope's resurrection, forever unexplained.

truthseeker

Czaerana

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
>Callisto of all people looks like she's going to come back after suffering a
>hinds' blood death in next week's episode of Xena. I'm curious to see what
>kind
>of excuse they make up that brings Callisto back to life.

It's called ratings in "sweeps month." I don't like Callisto, but others
do...so ther 'tis. I agree that all the rezzing destroys credibility. It's
like--oh, he/she's been killed. So what?

Cynthia

lazarus

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
Truthseeker wrote:

> >I dont want old Iolaus back because...
> >The new Iolaus is very good.
>
> I'm really liking the new Iolaus too. And I don't want the old Iolaus back
> either, but for a different reason.
>
> The old Iolaus got killed. I'm kind of getting tired of dead people coming back
> from death, sometimes inexplicably. It destroys the credibility of the show.
> Callisto of all people looks like she's going to come back after suffering a
> hinds' blood death in next week's episode of Xena. I'm curious to see what kind
> of excuse they make up that brings Callisto back to life. Or maybe her return
> will be like Gabrielle's return in "A Family Affair" where there was absolutely
> no explanation whatsoever for her resurrection! That would be frustrating. I
> like Callisto and all, and think she's one of the best characters ever in either
> show. But I wish there was some sense to some of the most important things that
> happen, like Gabrielle and Hope's resurrection, forever unexplained.
>
> truthseeker

I don't want the old iolaus to come back from the dead, but I wouldn't
mind seeing him again in an episode in which he is in heaven or
something like that, or if they could find a way to merge the 2 iolaus's
souls...I miss the old Iolaus, he was a very brave person, and good
spirited, imho he was even braver, and stronger then hercules...he was
one of the bravest people I've seen on HLJ or XWP, he died a hero!

lazarus

Michael Martinez

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
On the day of 10 May 1999 03:49:05 GMT in article
<19990509234905...@ng31.aol.com> czae...@aol.com did proclaim:

>>Callisto of all people looks like she's going to come back after suffering a
>>hinds' blood death in next week's episode of Xena. I'm curious to see what
>>kind
>>of excuse they make up that brings Callisto back to life.
>
>It's called ratings in "sweeps month." I don't like Callisto, but others
>do...so ther 'tis. I agree that all the rezzing destroys credibility. It's
>like--oh, he/she's been killed. So what?

But they've been resurrecting people since "Hercules and the Amazon Women"
(where a total of THREE main characters -- including our beloved Iolaus -- were
resurrected, not to mention several extras who were cut down by the Amazons).

--
\\ // Worlds of Imagination on the Web in...@xenite.org
\\// RealName: Science Fiction and Fantasy Xenite.Org

Stacey 1212

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
<<Group: alt.tv.hercules Date: Mon, May 10, 1999, 1:46am (EDT-3) From:
Mic...@xenite.org (Michael Martinez) Re: I dont want old Iolaus back
because...
But they've been resurrecting people since "Hercules and the Amazon
Women" (where a total of THREE main characters -- including our beloved
Iolaus -- were resurrected, not to mention several extras who were cut
down by the Amazons). >>

As I've just watched this for the first time, I have to add my comments.
These characters weren't actually resurrected per say, actually Zeus
simply reversed time, so that they never died in the first place. (I
thought it was hilarious to see Alcmene washing Hercules' feet!!!)

* Stacey *
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Ordinarily, someone proves me wrong, I gotta hurt them..."
<* Ares - God of War *>

Stacey 1212

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
I agree, I was psyched that Callisto had finally found peace...

Stacey 1212

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
I agree, I was psyched that Callisto had finally found peace... And
obviously they're not bringing Strife back, or they could've saved the
money on Joel's new dorky looking suit! Reguardless, next week should be
interesting anyway...
PS How come only certain people are allowed back from death? Why didn't
Xena go to the Underworld to retreive Solon? There are many others too.

Susan M. Sanders

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
In article <27650-37...@newsd-153.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
Stace...@webtv.net (Stacey 1212) wrote:

> Mic...@xenite.org (Michael=A0Martinez)

> But they've been resurrecting people since "Hercules and the Amazon
> Women" (where a total of THREE main characters -- including our beloved
> Iolaus -- were resurrected, not to mention several extras who were cut
> down by the Amazons). >>
>
> As I've just watched this for the first time, I have to add my comments.
> These characters weren't actually resurrected per say, actually Zeus
> simply reversed time, so that they never died in the first place.

Nevertheless, deaths have been undone, by whatever means, since the
beginning. This resurrection will be no more harmful to the sanctity of
death than any of the numerous earlier ones were.

Czaerana

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
> Why didn't
>Xena go to the Underworld to retreive Solon? There are many others too.

No kidding! I'd go to hell and back to get my child back! However, since the
kid wasn't a major character or considered essential to ratings...

Cynthia

God Of Tapes

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
In article <373621ef...@news.mindspring.com>,
truths...@mindspring.com wrote:

> spoiler for 5th season Iolaus
>
> 9
>
> 8
>
> 7
>
> 6
>
> 5
>
> 4
>
> 3
>
> 2
>
> 1
>
> 0
>
> On Sun, 09 May 1999 20:05:43 GMT, Remi <kaz...@hotmail.com> wrote these
> exquisite 3 lines of text:
> :===============:

> >I dont want old Iolaus back because...

> >The new Iolaus is very good.
>
> I'm really liking the new Iolaus too. And I don't want the old Iolaus back
> either, but for a different reason.
>
> The old Iolaus got killed. I'm kind of getting tired of dead people
coming back
> from death, sometimes inexplicably. It destroys the credibility of the show.

> Callisto of all people looks like she's going to come back after suffering a
> hinds' blood death in next week's episode of Xena. I'm curious to see
what kind

> of excuse they make up that brings Callisto back to life. Or maybe her return
> will be like Gabrielle's return in "A Family Affair" where there was
absolutely
> no explanation whatsoever for her resurrection! That would be frustrating. I
> like Callisto and all, and think she's one of the best characters ever
in either
> show. But I wish there was some sense to some of the most important
things that
> happen, like Gabrielle and Hope's resurrection, forever unexplained.
>

> truthseeker

I'm sorry, truthseeker, but, according to no less than TV GUIDE again
( Spoilsports that they are ) Iolaus isn't waiting for next season. And,
as far as I am concerned, especially after lame shows like LOVE ON TH
EROCKS and FADE AWAY, I doubt I'll be watching when it happens. I agree
with you....TPTB jerked around with a " Is he dead or isn't he? " the
whole first part of the season, killed him, brought out a dimensional
duplicate....and now the OLD Iolaus is coming back.

Heelllooooooo! Was there a point to all this, besides giving Herc a great
sidekick in Morgain, then giving her the boot? I like Michael Hurst, but
all this jerking around with Iolaus convinces me that maybe this SHOULD be
the last season of HERCULES. It seems obvious to me that the writers have
absolutely no idea where to go with the show.

Susan M. Sanders

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
In article <tegan-10059...@admin19.oor.berkeley.edu>,

te...@uclink4.berkeley.edu (God Of Tapes) wrote:

> I like Michael Hurst, but
> all this jerking around with Iolaus convinces me that maybe this SHOULD be
> the last season of HERCULES. It seems obvious to me that the writers have
> absolutely no idea where to go with the show.

Ain't that the truth?!?

Hercuverse

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
On a different note I am sorry to see the new Iolaus go too. I liked the idea
of Hercules helping a man who used to just entertain and never take the
initiative to become a hero. It reminded me some of when a certain Warrior
Princess befriended a certain Amazon Bard. I liked the old Iolaus and I know
allot of people will be happy to see him back but I wish they had handled
Iolaus 2 better.

As Hercules sidekick learning to be the hero he wants to be, a man in a world
he never made, with the face and name of someone he never knew he had so much
potential. As is he was only Hercules partner in about 6 eps, one spent most of
the time flashing back to the old Iolaus, One centered on him which was great
but didn't develop much in the way of making Herk and Iolaus2 a team (although
the training him to fight scene was great), 'The Academy' had Jason and Lilith
in most of the scenes with Herc reducing Iolaus2 to a comic subplot, in fact I
think the only eps so far where he was really hercs' SIDEKICK was 'Stranger and
Stranger' where they first joined forces and the newest ep 'Fade Out'. Granted
he still has one ep to go but that means that MAYBE he will show his true
partner potential in 3 out of 6 eps before leaving probably for good. In short
I think they had a good idea and they dropped the ball on it.

Dan Pratt
Webmaster: From Lad to Legend
Where a a heroes past and future collide
http://members.aol.com/Hercuverse

Czaerana

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
>> I like Michael Hurst, but
>> all this jerking around with Iolaus convinces me that maybe this SHOULD be
>> the last season of HERCULES. It seems obvious to me that the writers have
>> absolutely no idea where to go with the show.
>
>Ain't that the truth?!?

No, it's an opinion. One I don't agree with.

Cynthia

Michael Martinez

May 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/11/99
On the day of Mon, 10 May 1999 08:06:35 -0400 (EDT) in article
<27651-37...@newsd-153.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Stace...@webtv.net did
proclaim:

>I agree, I was psyched that Callisto had finally found peace... And
>obviously they're not bringing Strife back, or they could've saved the
>money on Joel's new dorky looking suit! Reguardless, next week should be
>interesting anyway...
>PS How come only certain people are allowed back from death? Why didn't

>Xena go to the Underworld to retreive Solon? There are many others too.

He is safer there?

Plot device?

It's too expensive to keep all those actors on the payroll?

paul holdsworth

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
Old lolaus, New Iolaus,Iolaus two. Etc. Just an idea if Old Iolaus
returns. Do what Coke did Lets call him Classic Iolaus:0)
Honest I will be happy, Iolaus along with Ares and Callisto are my
favs. But Iolaus Two was starting to grow on me. such a fish out of
water. even Discord is getting better.
Idea what if tptb makes a episode with both. I think michael will take
it and run. that would be fun to watch, imo
Take care ......... Paul

Stacey 1212

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
I agree, an episode w/both Iolaus' would be great!