GG / Palladino Story in Entertainment Weekly

Sharpe Fan

Nov 26, 2005, 3:20:47 PM11/26/05
This week's Entertainment Weekly (December 2) has a short article on the
Palladino's plans for their next series and a bit on GG:

After 'Gilmore'
Is the show's creator abandoning her Girls?

Well we've got good news and bad news: Amy Sherman-Palladino and her
husband, Dan Palladino - the masterminds behind megaliterate family
whirlwind Gilmore Girls - have scored a six-episode commitment from The WB
for their new project, an hour-long update of a Tracy & Hepburn/Nick & Nora
relationship. "We wanted to do that witty, snappy, ain't -life-grand kind
of' couple," says Amy. "They've created this lovely universe for
themselves.[but] real life is trying to encroach on their perfect little
bubble." The series will be shot in New York - Amy says the couple will live
in the Dakota or barring that, the "Flakota." And while no casting decisions
have been made as to the super-rich-late-twentysomethings, whoever they are
must chew on the pair's trademark motormouth dialogue (if they're going for
a Thin Man thing, we can only imagine).

As for Gilmore? "[It's] definitely going on for at least one more year,"
says Dan, but neither could confirm whether they'd be going with it. Oh.
That part was the bad news. - Whitney Pastorek

--
Sharpe Fan

Rob Jensen

Nov 26, 2005, 3:56:28 PM11/26/05
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:20:47 GMT, "Sharpe Fan"
<sharpeseagl...@yahooNoSpamm.com> wrote:

>As for Gilmore? "[It's] definitely going on for at least one more year,"
>says Dan, but neither could confirm whether they'd be going with it. Oh.
>That part was the bad news.

IMO, that means that the Palladinos are waiting to see how
enthusiastic the WB may or may not be about the Flakota Project when
it finally starts filming before they make up their minds whether Amy,
Dan or both stay with Gg. Probably even means that they're leaning
toward one staying to showrun Gg (likely Amy, of course) while the
other showruns the new show for its first season.

-- Rob
--
LORELAI: In the movie, only boy hobbits travel to Mount
Doom, but that's only because the girls went to do something

MLB

Nov 26, 2005, 10:06:40 PM11/26/05

"Sharpe Fan" <sharpeseagl...@yahooNoSpamm.com> wrote in message

That's more than bad news.
That would be a disaster.
At this point, my only hope is that this series ends gracefully.
It's been way too special to end in X-Files fashion.