VS Millionaire 3/6

vicste...@mailexcite.com

Mar 6, 2001, 9:28:16 PM3/6/01
For the first time in a couple months, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
returns to Tuesday. Returning from Sunday is Bill Jones. $16,000,
but no lifelines left.

Regis says, following up the cheese question from last night,
saying that phone-a-friends are right only 62 percent of the time.

Bill will have to be right 100 percent of the time on the 6 questions
the await him to win over 2 million dollars. LET'S PLAY!

For $32,000: In the 1975 movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", Rocky
Horror is the name of what?

A) Haunted mansion B) Deserted village
C) Mountain peak D) Man-made creature

He's seen the movie once. And doesn't remember enough of it to want
to risk the money on this question. A) was his guess.

A guess that would have been worth $1000.

Rocky Horror was a man-made creature.

Fastest Finger: Put the following islands in geographical order,
starting in Los Angeles and going west.

A) Tahiti
B) Malta
C) Bermuda
D) Borneo

Going west, you get ADBC. Only 2 get it, and the fastest of
2 is Kevin Hamilton.

(ad break)

Kevin is from Mesquite, TX, which is just outside Dallas. When he
and his wife arrived in town, they went up the wrong tower at the
World Trade Center, and ended up as uninvited guests at a party.
Kevin just started working for a telecommunications company.

For $100: What are you most likely to find in your pocket if it is
filled with "moolah"?

B) Money.
Not E) A female wrestler.

For $200: What is normally the warmest season in the United STates?

C) Summer.
Not D) Paprika.

For $300: If you have 5 apples, and decide to eat 6 oranges instead,
how many apples do you have left?

B) 5.

For $500: Which of these household appliances usually comes in either
a front-load or top-load model?

B) Clothes washer.

For $1000: A tabby is a type of which of the following?

A) Dog B) Rabbit
C) Horse D) Cat

He's asking the audience on this one. 4-7-8-81. "Pretty
overwhelming" - Kevin.

And overwhelmingly, D) is the right answer.

For $2000: On the original "Superman" TV series, Clark Kent
is most frequently described as what kind of reporter?

A) Polite B) Tough as nails
C) Mild-mannered D) Hard-charging
B) Mild-mannered.

For $4000: Pope John Paul II is the first Pope born in what
country?

A) Poland B) Czechoslovakia
C) Russia D) Austria

He's going to use the 50/50. A & B are left. He was leaning
towards Poland. Poland is his final answer.

It the correct final answer.

For $8000: Based on the U.S. 2000 census, which of the
following institutions is reapportioning it seats?

A) U.S. Supreme Court B) House of Representatives
C) Senate D) AARP

B) The House of Representatives.

For $16000: Which of these movies is based on a novel by Peter
Benchley?

A) The Towering Inferno B) Poseidon Adventure
C) Airport D) Jaws

D) Jaws.

For $32000: In 1979, what country adopted a policy whereby a
couple was allowed to have one child?

A) India B) South Africa
C) China D) Iran

His final answer is China.

And despite a couple of minor hiccups, he reaches the safe
level, since it was China.

(ad break)

For $64,000: A group of ferrets is called a what?

A) Gang B) Business
C) Conviction D) Council

He thinks of how the ferrets sit up, and believes that
D) Council sounds suitable.

A free guess.

Nothing to lose.

Except the chance to answer 4 more questions. Which he
lost. B) Business.

Fastest Finger: Put these #1 Billboard albums in the order
they were first released, starting with the most recent.

A) Fan Mail
B) Thriller
C) Nevermind
D) The Joshua Tree

ACDB is the right order. Matt Mullins' time of 5.46 is the
fastest of the three that get it right. He is an Air
Force Civilian from New Mexico, following being on active
duty for 6. Brother Mike is in the relationship. Matt lost
by .13 the last time he was on the show, so he built a
Millionaire Fastest Finger box, and has practicing for
over a year since his last time in the studio.

For $100: If you strike a deal without any conditions,
it is said there are "no" what "attached"?

C) Strings

For $200: An overcast sky is full of what?

B) Clouds

For $300: What does the "A" stand for in the federal
agency abbreviation "USDA"?

C) Agriculture

For $500: A pennant is a flag that is usually in what shape?

A) Triangle.

For $1000: Which of these people is most likely to speak
from a pulpit?

A) Poet B) Preacher
C) Lawyer D) Coach.
B) Preacher.

(ad break)

For $2000: On the sitcom "The Jeffersons", what kind of
business did George Jefferson own?

A) Grocery store B) Car dealership
C) Men's clothing store D) Dry cleaning

With D) as his final answer, he's moving on up.

For $4000: What body of water is due east of Washington, DC?

A) Lake Champlain B) Chesapeake Bay
C) Georgian Bay D) Ohio River

It takes a couple of seconds for him to make B) his
final answer. And it is the right one.

For $8000: Visible light is made up of particles of energy
called what?

A) Photons B) Leptons
C) Positrons D) Neutrinos

No hesitation here. A) Photons.

A) Photons is worth $8000.

For $16000: What company's truck transported disputed
ballots to Tallagassee, FL on November 30, 2000?

A) Allied B) U-Haul
C) Ryder D) Penske

He can remember the coverage, but he can't remember the
truck. Will the audience? 17-22-49-12.

Matt was also thinking Ryder, so he'll go with it.

It's Ryder. Not wronger.

For $32000: If a jeweler describes a gemstone as being
"paste" he is saying that it is what?

A) Stolen B) Rare
C) Broken D) Artificial

He has heard the term, and it is a reference to it
being D) Artificial.

For $64,000: Which of these best-selling novels recounts a missionary
family's experience in the Belgian Congo?

A) The Pilot's Wife B) The God of Small Things
C) The Poisonwood Bible D) A Map of the World

Phone-a-friend time, and he will call up his boss, Wayne. Wayne
relays the answer, and their are 5 seconds left.
4
3
2
1
Time's up. And no answer.

The 50/50 leaves B & C. He gives a quick answer, and B) is
his final.

He made a zig
.
.
And he should have made a zag. C) Poisonwood Bible.

Fastest Finger: Put these literary works in order they were
first published, starting with the earliest.

A) Lord Jim
B) Lord of the Flies
C) King Lear
D) Lady Chatterly's Lover

CADB is the right ordr. Only one gets it right, and it
is Howard Bousel in 8.76.

(ad break)

Howard teaches 7th grade math in New Jersey. His students
requested a shout-out, but he had no idea what that is.
He gives Regis a quick math test.

For $1000: A person in which of these jobs commoly
asks customers "PAper of plastic"?

A) Grocery store cashier

For $200: A phone call that can be made without cost to
the caller is commonly described as what?

C) Toll-free

For $300: A teeter-totter is another name for what piece
pf playground equipmnet?

A) Seesaw
Though some may call it a D) Kid Catapult.

For $500: Which of these snack foods normally comes stacked
in a tube?

B) Pringles

For $1000: On a highway, a solid double yellow line means what?

A) Use high beam lights B) Pass with caution
C) Scenic overpass D) Do not pass.

D) Do not pass causes Howard to pass and collect $1000.

For $2000: What does the British slang word "telly" mean?

A) Telescope B) Teletubbie
C) Television D) Telegraph
C) Television.

For $4000: What a U.S. Preseident fails to sign a bill within
10 days of Congress adjourning, it is called what?

A) Pocket veto B) Pencil veto
C) Calendar veto D) Wallet veto

He will use a lifeline, and call his brother Dan, a doctor. Dan
needs the question repeated. He is leaning towards pocket veto,
but time expires before he can say what his percentage of
certainty is.

He goes with pocket veto as his final answer.

Doctor Dan was
.
.
.
right!

(ad break)

For $8000: Which of the following is the Spanish word for the
adjective "low" or "lower"?

A) Arriba B) Baja
C) Cerrado D) Donde

50/50 time. It leaves B and D. (I expected it to leave B and
C). Howard makes B) his final answer.

For $16,000: What type of animal does the young boy adopt in
the 1938 novel "The Yearling"?

A) Dog B) Horse
C) Raccoon D) Deer

D) Deer.

For $32,000: Vellum would most likely be used for which of the
following?

A) Binding a book B) Building a house
C) Cooking vegetables D) Making a dress

ATA Time. 59-13-6-22. It looks like they are leaning in one
direction.

Howard seems to like that direction. He too, thinks that is
A. But he is going to walk.

Or will he? He wonders what his students will say if he
doesn't take a chance.

They'll say he didn't take the chance, and that the audience
was right with their answer of A.

Fastest Finger: Put these movies in order by their first
theatrical relaease, starting with the earliest.

A) Waiting to Exhale
B) Tootsie
C) Steel Magnolias
D) Bounce

BCAD is the correct order. All but 2 of the remaining
contestants get it right. Shaun Hildreth wins the race
with a time of 6.30.

Shaun is from Linden, Virginia and works as a
independent contractor.

For $100: At the beginning of a kids' footrace, the
starter traditionally says "Ready, set," what?

C) Go.

For $200: Which of the following is used to make an
object wet?

B) Water.

****AH-WOOOO****

Interestingly, one of the contestants tomorrow has a
last name that relates to a previous question.
Mitch Bookbinder, from Springfield, NJ.
-----
The above e-mail address exists solely as a spam catcher. If
you wish to respond, do so via the newsgroup.

Chris & Kelly Otto

Mar 6, 2001, 11:39:59 PM3/6/01
> For $64,000: A group of ferrets is called a what?
>
> A) Gang B) Business
> C) Conviction D) Council

Yet *another* question you'll find the answer to on
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/animals/Animalbabies.shtml
along with tercel, polliwog, leveret and the rest.

At this rate they will have that category tapped out by the end of the
month...

Victor L. Romany

Mar 7, 2001, 3:45:57 PM3/7/01
Perhaps my whole brain was working on Tuesday, but did anyone feel
that both stacks of $100-$32k questions were much easier than the
average questions.

It almost seems that the show is trying to find a $2Mill+ winner for
the publicity effect.

VicRoma

Dean Scungio

Mar 7, 2001, 7:16:45 PM3/7/01

<vicste...@mailexcite.com> wrote in message

> For $200: What is normally the warmest season in the United STates?
>
> C) Summer.
> Not D) Paprika.
>

> For $300: If you have 5 apples, and decide to eat 6 oranges instead,
> how many apples do you have left?
>
> B) 5.
>

> For $200: An overcast sky is full of what?
>
> B) Clouds
>

> For $100: At the beginning of a kids' footrace, the

> starter traditionally says "Ready, set," what?
>
> C) Go.
>
> For $200: Which of the following is used to make an
> object wet?
>
> B) Water.

Is it me or is this a sign that the writers are running out of ideas? These
questions are much easier than what we normally see at this level.
(Especially that last one!)

--
Dean Scungio
dscu...@worldnet.att.net

"It's not how much we give away,
it's the way we do it." -Monty Hall

Brett A. Pasternack

Mar 9, 2001, 5:54:44 PM3/9/01
. o O ( Airdate: 3/6/01 )
. o O ( Jackpot: $2,030,000 )

vicste...@mailexcite.com wrote:

> For the first time in a couple months, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
> returns to Tuesday. Returning from Sunday is Bill Jones. $16,000,
> but no lifelines left.
>
> Regis says, following up the cheese question from last night,
> saying that phone-a-friends are right only 62 percent of the time.
>
> Bill will have to be right 100 percent of the time on the 6 questions
> the await him to win over 2 million dollars. LET'S PLAY!
>
> For $32,000: In the 1975 movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", Rocky
> Horror is the name of what?

. o O ( Audiences at "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" yell "Slut!"
whenever Susan Sarandon appears onscreen. )
. o O ( Luckily, this trend has not spread to audiences seeing "Dead Man
Walking". )

> A) Haunted mansion B) Deserted village
> C) Mountain peak D) Man-made creature
>
> He's seen the movie once. And doesn't remember enough of it to want
> to risk the money on this question. A) was his guess.
>
> A guess that would have been worth $1000.
>
> Rocky Horror was a man-made creature.

. o O ( Regis notes that Rocky Horror has "even" been made into a stage
show. )
. o O ( In fact, it was a stage show before it was a film. It was then
known only as the Rocky Horror Show. )

> Fastest Finger: Put the following islands in geographical order,
> starting in Los Angeles and going west.
>
> A) Tahiti
> B) Malta
> C) Bermuda
> D) Borneo
>
> Going west, you get ADBC. Only 2 get it, and the fastest of
> 2 is Kevin Hamilton.
>
> (ad break)
>
> Kevin is from Mesquite, TX, which is just outside Dallas. When he
> and his wife arrived in town, they went up the wrong tower at the
> World Trade Center, and ended up as uninvited guests at a party.
> Kevin just started working for a telecommunications company.
>
> For $100: What are you most likely to find in your pocket if it is
> filled with "moolah"?
>
> B) Money.
> Not E) A female wrestler.

. o O ( The Fabulous Moolah was WWF women's champion from September
1956, when she won the inagural tournament, until July 1984, probably
the longest reign of any champion in wrestling history. )
. o O ( She later held the same title for eight more months in 1985-86
and one more week in 1999. )

> For $200: What is normally the warmest season in the United STates?
>
> C) Summer.
> Not D) Paprika.
>
> For $300: If you have 5 apples, and decide to eat 6 oranges instead,
> how many apples do you have left?
>
> B) 5.
>
> For $500: Which of these household appliances usually comes in either
> a front-load or top-load model?
>
> B) Clothes washer.
>
> For $1000: A tabby is a type of which of the following?
>
> A) Dog B) Rabbit
> C) Horse D) Cat
>
> He's asking the audience on this one. 4-7-8-81. "Pretty
> overwhelming" - Kevin.
>
> And overwhelmingly, D) is the right answer.

. o O ( A domestic cat with a striped and mottled coat. )
. o O ( "Tabby" is also the name given to silks from Bhagdad that mimic
cat colors and markings. )

> For $2000: On the original "Superman" TV series, Clark Kent
> is most frequently described as what kind of reporter?
>
> A) Polite B) Tough as nails
> C) Mild-mannered D) Hard-charging
> B) Mild-mannered.

. o O ( From the show's opening: "...and who, disguised as Clark Kent,
mild-mannered reporter for a major metropolitan newspaper, fights a
never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way." )
. o O ( He was consistantly polite, as well, even if it wasn't pointed
out as often. )

> For $4000: Pope John Paul II is the first Pope born in what
> country?

. o O ( Is the Pope Polish? )

> A) Poland B) Czechoslovakia
> C) Russia D) Austria
>
> He's going to use the 50/50. A & B are left. He was leaning
> towards Poland. Poland is his final answer.
>
> It the correct final answer.

. o O ( Yes. )

> For $8000: Based on the U.S. 2000 census, which of the
> following institutions is reapportioning it seats?
>
> A) U.S. Supreme Court B) House of Representatives
> C) Senate D) AARP
>
> B) The House of Representatives.

. o O ( The number of Senators per state never changes: 2. )

> For $16000: Which of these movies is based on a novel by Peter
> Benchley?
>
> A) The Towering Inferno B) Poseidon Adventure
> C) Airport D) Jaws
>
> D) Jaws.

. o O ( "The Towering Inferno" was based on a novel by Frank M.
Robinson. )
. o O ( "The Poseidon Adventure was based on a novel by Paul Gallico. )
. o O ( "Airport" was based on a novel by Arthur Hailey. )

> For $32000: In 1979, what country adopted a policy whereby a
> couple was allowed to have one child?
>
> A) India B) South Africa
> C) China D) Iran
>
> His final answer is China.
>
> And despite a couple of minor hiccups, he reaches the safe
> level, since it was China.
>
> (ad break)
>
> For $64,000: A group of ferrets is called a what?

. o O ( Also known as a fesynes. )

> A) Gang B) Business
> C) Conviction D) Council
>
> He thinks of how the ferrets sit up, and believes that
> D) Council sounds suitable.

. o O ( A gang of elk. )

> A free guess.
>
> Nothing to lose.
>
> Except the chance to answer 4 more questions. Which he
> lost. B) Business.
>
> Fastest Finger: Put these #1 Billboard albums in the order
> they were first released, starting with the most recent.
>
> A) Fan Mail
> B) Thriller
> C) Nevermind
> D) The Joshua Tree
>
> ACDB is the right order.

. o O ( TLC, 1999; Nirvana, 1992; U2, 1987; Michael Jackson, 1982 )

> Matt Mullins' time of 5.46 is the
> fastest of the three that get it right. He is an Air
> Force Civilian from New Mexico, following being on active
> duty for 6. Brother Mike is in the relationship. Matt lost
> by .13 the last time he was on the show, so he built a
> Millionaire Fastest Finger box, and has practicing for
> over a year since his last time in the studio.
>
> For $100: If you strike a deal without any conditions,
> it is said there are "no" what "attached"?
>
> C) Strings

. o O ( No Strings Attached was also the title of a number one album, by
'N Sync in 2000. )

> For $200: An overcast sky is full of what?
>
> B) Clouds

. o O ( Joni Mitchell only reached #31 on the Billboard album chart with
the 1969 album Clouds. )

. o O ( Photon was the name of a chain of laser-tag game parlors in the
early 90s. )

> For $16000: What company's truck transported disputed
> ballots to Tallagassee, FL on November 30, 2000?
>
> A) Allied B) U-Haul
> C) Ryder D) Penske

. o O ( George Constanza was once told, "You're not Penske material". )

> He can remember the coverage, but he can't remember the
> truck. Will the audience? 17-22-49-12.
>
> Matt was also thinking Ryder, so he'll go with it.
>
> It's Ryder. Not wronger.

. o O ( "You could tell it was a Florida driver, because for the entire
450 miles, the truck had its right blinker on." -- Conan O'Brian )

> For $32000: If a jeweler describes a gemstone as being
> "paste" he is saying that it is what?
>
> A) Stolen B) Rare
> C) Broken D) Artificial
>
> He has heard the term, and it is a reference to it
> being D) Artificial.

. o O ( Paste is a very hard type of transparent glass. )
. o O ( The term usually refers to imitation gems, not necessarily
artificial ones, which are real but not valuable like natural ones. )

> For $64,000: Which of these best-selling novels recounts a missionary
> family's experience in the Belgian Congo?
>
> A) The Pilot's Wife B) The God of Small Things
> C) The Poisonwood Bible D) A Map of the World
>
> Phone-a-friend time, and he will call up his boss, Wayne. Wayne
> relays the answer, and their are 5 seconds left.
> 4
> 3
> 2
> 1
> Time's up. And no answer.
>
> The 50/50 leaves B & C.

. o O ( The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve concerns a woman whose husband
dies in a crash he may have been responsible for. )
. o O ( A Map Of The World by Jane Hamilton is about the death of a
young child in rural Wisconsin. )

He gives a quick answer, and B) is
> his final.
>
> He made a zig
> .
> .

. o O ( The God Of Small Things by Arundhati Roy tells the story of a
twin brother and sister and the death of their cousin. )

> And he should have made a zag. C) Poisonwood Bible.

. o O ( By Barbara Kingsolver. )

> Fastest Finger: Put these literary works in order they were
> first published, starting with the earliest.
>
> A) Lord Jim
> B) Lord of the Flies
> C) King Lear

. o O ( "King Lear is a GOOD play" -- President Jed Bartlett, after
recently fighting with one of his three daughters. )

> D) Lady Chatterly's Lover
>
> CADB is the right ordr.

. o O ( 1608; 1912; 1928; 1959 )

> Only one gets it right, and it
> is Howard Bousel in 8.76.
>
> (ad break)
>
> Howard teaches 7th grade math in New Jersey. His students
> requested a shout-out, but he had no idea what that is.
> He gives Regis a quick math test.
>
> For $1000: A person in which of these jobs commoly
> asks customers "PAper of plastic"?
>
> A) Grocery store cashier
>
> For $200: A phone call that can be made without cost to
> the caller is commonly described as what?
>
> C) Toll-free

. o O ( Which Millionaire contestants have to make to enter to be on the
show. 0

> For $300: A teeter-totter is another name for what piece
> pf playground equipmnet?
>
> A) Seesaw
> Though some may call it a D) Kid Catapult.
>
> For $500: Which of these snack foods normally comes stacked
> in a tube?
>
> B) Pringles

. o O ( Billed as potato crisps, not potato chips. )

> For $1000: On a highway, a solid double yellow line means what?
>
> A) Use high beam lights B) Pass with caution
> C) Scenic overpass D) Do not pass.
>
> D) Do not pass causes Howard to pass and collect $1000.

. o O ( Any solid line means not to pass. )
. o O ( A double yellow line indicates that the two lanes are going in
different directions, and passing is not allowed in either direction. )

> For $2000: What does the British slang word "telly" mean?
>
> A) Telescope B) Teletubbie
> C) Television D) Telegraph
> C) Television.

. o O ( American TV star Telly Savalas had a number one hit on the
British singles chart with a version of "If" by Bread. )

> For $4000: What a U.S. Preseident fails to sign a bill within
> 10 days of Congress adjourning, it is called what?
>
> A) Pocket veto B) Pencil veto
> C) Calendar veto D) Wallet veto
>
> He will use a lifeline, and call his brother Dan, a doctor. Dan
> needs the question repeated. He is leaning towards pocket veto,
> but time expires before he can say what his percentage of
> certainty is.
>
> He goes with pocket veto as his final answer.
>
> Doctor Dan was
> .
> .
> .
> right!

. o O ( Article 1, Section 7 of the Constitution: "If any Bill shall not
be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it
shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like
Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment
prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law." )

. o O ( So it is within ten days of Congress passing the law, if it has
adjourned, not within ten days of the adjournment itself. )

> (ad break)
>
> For $8000: Which of the following is the Spanish word for the
> adjective "low" or "lower"?
>
> A) Arriba B) Baja
> C) Cerrado D) Donde
>
> 50/50 time. It leaves B and D.

. o O ( "Arriba" means "above". "Cerrado" means "closed". )

> (I expected it to leave B and
> C). Howard makes B) his final answer.

. o O ( "Donde" means "where". )

> For $16,000: What type of animal does the young boy adopt in
> the 1938 novel "The Yearling"?

. o O ( by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings )

> A) Dog B) Horse
> C) Raccoon D) Deer
>
> D) Deer.
>
> For $32,000: Vellum would most likely be used for which of the
> following?
>
> A) Binding a book B) Building a house
> C) Cooking vegetables D) Making a dress
>
> ATA Time. 59-13-6-22. It looks like they are leaning in one
> direction.
>
> Howard seems to like that direction. He too, thinks that is
> A. But he is going to walk.
>
> Or will he? He wonders what his students will say if he
> doesn't take a chance.
>
> They'll say he didn't take the chance, and that the audience
> was right with their answer of A.

. o O ( Vellum is a fine parchment made from the skin of a young animal.
)

> Fastest Finger: Put these movies in order by their first
> theatrical relaease, starting with the earliest.
>
> A) Waiting to Exhale

. o O ( Based on a novel by Terry McMillan )

> B) Tootsie
> C) Steel Magnolias
> D) Bounce
>
> BCAD is the correct order.

. o O( 1982; 1989; 1995; 2000 )

> All but 2 of the remaining
> contestants get it right. Shaun Hildreth wins the race
> with a time of 6.30.
>
> Shaun is from Linden, Virginia and works as a
> independent contractor.
>
> For $100: At the beginning of a kids' footrace, the
> starter traditionally says "Ready, set," what?
>
> C) Go.

. o O ( Or, in Britain, "ready, steady, go!" )

> For $200: Which of the following is used to make an
> object wet?
>
> B) Water.
>
> ****AH-WOOOO****
>
> Interestingly, one of the contestants tomorrow has a
> last name that relates to a previous question.
> Mitch Bookbinder, from Springfield, NJ.
> -----
> The above e-mail address exists solely as a spam catcher. If
> you wish to respond, do so via the newsgroup.

. o O ( "Pop-Up Video" is a trademark of VH-1, Viacom, and Spin the
Bottle
Productions. )

. o O ( Adapted for atgs by Dean Scungio. )

. o O ( POP! )