End of Jep and Wheel 2000 ?

Chris Lambert!

Oct 11, 2001, 12:10:56 PM10/11/01
Taking a look at Zap2It's weekly schedule, I notice that it's all
infomercialss from 6-9 AM EST for the next seven days.

Another hour of infomercials ?=? less speeding-up of shows?

I could gladly sacrifice David Sidoni's enduring legacy for that...

--
Chris Lambert * Indianapolis's Own * IU '97
Visit the Original Game Show Page!

Robert Mackey

Oct 11, 2001, 12:56:03 PM10/11/01
"Chris Lambert!" <djc...@kiva.netNOSPAM> wrote in message

> Taking a look at Zap2It's weekly schedule, I notice that it's all
> infomercialss from 6-9 AM EST for the next seven days.
>
> Another hour of infomercials ?=? less speeding-up of shows?
>
> I could gladly sacrifice David Sidoni's enduring legacy for that...

More importantly, it's the cessation of GSN's participation in
the "Cable in the Classroom" program...I'd hate to think that
they couldn't continue that because of decreased advertising
revenue. The speedups I could almost stomach, but "CITC"
is too valuable a service for GSN or any cabler to throw away.

--Robair

Brett A. Pasternack

Oct 12, 2001, 10:59:45 PM10/12/01

By now, anyone who wanted to tape Wheel 2000 and Jep! for classrooms has
had ample opportunity, as all the episodes have aired multiple times.
And anyway, while I think that the two shows were actually pretty good,
their education value is rather limited.

I'm all for CITC, but if all they were going to do was keep re-running
the same stuff, then no one will really miss it.