JS Millionaire 3/7

Steve Jeremiah Williams-Soria (Jeremy Soria)

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?
Tuesday, March 7, 2000

PREVIOUSLY ON MILLIONAIRE:

The Maz locks up $64,000 - but the next two contestants lock up only $1000.
Meanwhile, Steve Kummer, the phone guy, has at least $32,000 in his hands. Can
he get some more money? We'll find out on...

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

The Don Imus lookalike gets this free shot for $64,000:
Which one of these authors was NOT a woman?
A. George Eliot B. George Sand C. Isak Dinesen D. Evelyn Waugh

It's a free shot here, which he takes on... D.

D.

Final answer.

D.

D.

D! HE HAS SIXTY-FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!

For $125,000:
Christine Keeler was the young woman at the center of which scandal?
A. Watergate B. Profumo C. Teapot Dome D. Whitewater

His guess is B.

Seems like a logical answer, being that Watergate and Whitewater were
relatively recent, while Teapot Dome was too early.

B.

B.

B.

B! ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

And now, a shot at the 13 Club for $250,000:
How is Genghis Khan related to Kublai Khan?
A. Son B. Father C. Uncle D. Grandfather

He says he knows about the family...

And he has a guess...

But this time, he won't take the risk. The correct answer is D...
But he still has $125,000!

FASTEST FINGER FIRST: Diane Keaton movies, order of release, EARLIEST first.
A. Reds B. Baby Boom C. Manhattan D. Hanging Up

Correct answer: C-A-B-D
Winner/Time: Neal Brunt, 4.54 seconds!

Neal Brunt is a small-town lawyer, defending people. He's from Georgia.

For $100:
What is a common term for a cone-shaped tent made from animal skins?
Teepee for $100.

For $200: A caterpillar becomes what?
Of those listed, Butterfly is correct for $200.

For $300: What baking ingredient is often used in toothpaste?
Baking soda for $300.

For $500: What US city hosted the '96 Summer Olympic Games?
Atlanta for $500.

For $1000: Which one is NOT considered a fragrance, usually?
Rouge for $1000. That money is safe.

Neal Brunt is a small-town lawyer. A small town, dealing with dogs and
statues. :)

For $2000: Reykjavik is the capital of what country?
Iceland for $2000.

For $4000: Which novel was NOT written by Jacqueline Susann?
The Lonely Lady for $4000.

For $8000: What does an MRI use to get images of inside the human body?
Magnets for $8000.

For $16,000: Which comedian was NOT born in Canada?
A. Jim Carrey B. Dan Aykroyd C. Mike Myers D. Paul Reiser

D is his final answer...

... and he's right for $16,000.

To lock in $32,000:
What was the topic of Edward R. Murrow's groundbreaking TV documentary
"Harvest of Shame"?
Migrant farm workers... GETS HIM THIRTY-TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!

For $64,000:
Article I of the US Constitution establishes what branch of the government?
A. Executive B. Judicial C. Legislative D. CIA

Hmmm! He doesn't know this ...

The 50/50 leaves: A. Executive C. Legislative

Susan is the PAF... And she says C.

What will he do? He goes with C.

And he's.....

RIGHT!

He has SIXTY-FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS! Can he get to $125,000? Here it is:
Which FEMALE performer has won more Grammys than any other woman?
A. Aretha Franklin B. Ella Fitzgerald
C. Barbra Streisand D. Leontyne Price

He thinks it's A.

He locks it in...

And ...

HE'S RIGHT! HE HAS ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Another shot at the 13 Club for $250,000:
According to Christopher Marlowe's play, for what does Dr. Faustus sell his
soul?
A. Strength B. Money C. Knowledge D. Love

ATA: 7-20-32-41

He will go with the Audience.

Did they get him into the 13 Club?

Well...

Nope. It was C.

I think we're going to establish a rule right now, much in the vein of "ALWAYS
give back the money on Barker's Markers..."

If you have an ATA LifeLine, and the question is NOT on pop culture or general
knowledge, then don't risk money on their answer.

Anyway, the lawyer isn't fazed, because the $32,000 he just won is probably
just chicken feed!

FFF: Clothing labels, order established, MOST RECENT first.
A. Esprit B. DKNY C. Haggar D. FUBU

Correct answer: D-B-A-C
Winner/Time: Kyle Hunter, 5.60 seconds!

Kyle is from Columbus, and he too is a lawyer. We get more lawyers, and the
ratings will drop due to boredom of the home audience.

For $100: Which is NOT the name of a dinosaur?
Regisaurus for $100.

For $200: How is term "situation comedy" shortened to one word?
Sitcom for $200.

For $300: Which is a massage?
Shiatsu for $300.

For $500: What alcoholic beverage is typically found in a Margarita?
Tequila for $500.

For $1000: The William Tell Overture was the theme to which TV Western?
The Lone Ranger for $1000. Also acceptable, The Morning Sports Page.

For $2000: From 1985 to 1992, what state did Al Gore represent as senator?
Tennessee for $2000.

For $4000:
Feminist author Erica Jong is best known for writing what 1973 novel?
A. Fear of Flying B. Fear of Fifty C. Fear of Failure D. Fear No Evil

ATA: 46-14-20-20

A is his answer...

... and... he ...

... just ...

won $4000.

For $8000:
What automobile company introduced the minivan first in the mid-'80s?
A. Ford B. Chrysler C. Toyota D. General Motors

The PAF is Mike. He says B.

He also says B.

and he has $8000!

**AH-WHOOOOO!**

If you'd like to see Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? in person, and you're
going to be in the New York City area, call this number... 212/735-5369.

If you want some practice being on the show, play online at abc.go.com, or
play the computer game, or get the quiz book! And now, you can play the board
game, too!

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE? was created by David Briggs with Michael
Whitehill and Steve Knight for Celador Productions, and is produced in the
United States by Valleycrest Productions for Buena Vista Television [read -
ABC].

MILLIONAIRE?: Copyright 2000
Valleycrest Productions and Buena Vista Television.
This Update is Copyright 2000 Jeremy Soria.
All Rights Reserved.

All game material contained herein remains the property of Valleycrest and
BVTV. Opinions expressed in this update are solely those of the compiler.

Our next show is THURSDAY. See you then.

From Virginia Beach - Good night everybody!

- Jeremy REAL MEN EAT BEEF. Except on Fridays during Lent.

--
jesoria75 (at) | Forget McCain, Bush, and Gore - | AUSTIN
mindspring (dot) com | It's Jericho, Backlund, and Angle in 2000! | 3:16

Andre, Kerry, Eddie, Flyin' Brian, Gorilla Monsoon, Owen Hart ... Sigh ...

Phoebe9294

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
>For $100: Which is NOT the name of a dinosaur?
>Regisaurus for $100.

They should have used "Thesaurus" as the answer, in honor of the woman who went
to the bookstore and drove a clerk batty because she wanted "that book that
sounds like a dinosaur."

"I don't know if anything in our next sketch will be unsuitable for those under
13, but we can only hope."
-- Drew Carey on "Whose Line is It Anyway?" (2000)

Zach Horan

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
>They should have used "Thesaurus" as the answer, in honor of the woman who
>went
>to the bookstore and drove a clerk batty because she wanted "that book that
>sounds like a dinosaur."

Thesaurus was the answer to a clue on Scrabble93, the clue was "some people
think it was a creature that roamed the earth millions of years ago"