WWTBAM - 8/29 Question

Gary T

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
That contestant from the small town, the moron who blew all his lifelines to
get to $500. I need some info.....

Just when he was going for $1000 my tv station cut-in for a weather alert
and I missed what happened. I gotta know, did he get $1000? Can you recall
what the question was and what (lame) answer he gave? How far did he get?
Thanks, in advance.

Gary T

Christoph Gaard

Aug 30, 2000, 12:54:33 AM8/30/00

Yes, he got the $1000 question right, and that's how much he won. I forget the
question though.

Vinnie Maffea

Aug 30, 2000, 12:56:26 AM8/30/00
Gary T wrote:

> That contestant from the small town, the moron who blew all his lifelines to
> get to $500. I need some info.....
>
> Just when he was going for $1000 my tv station cut-in for a weather alert
> and I missed what happened. I gotta know, did he get $1000? Can you recall
> what the question was and what (lame) answer he gave? How far did he get?
> Thanks, in advance.

Sine there's no recap, I'll fill in the rest of this contestant's stack:

$1,000:
What courier service used the slogan "When it absolutely, positively has to be
there overnight"?
A. FedEx
B. Airborne Express
C. U.S. Postal Service
D. DHL

Contestant correctly (and quickly) guesses Federal Express.

$2,000:

The U.S. president nicknamed "Old Hickory" appears on the front of what Federal
Reserve note?
A. $2 bill
B. $5 bill
C. $10 bill
D. $20 bill

Contestant quickly answers "C".... correct answer is "D".

Contestant leaves with $1,000.

-- Vinnie Maffea
Webmaster, Game Show Top 100
http://www.thehottestcelebrities.com/gameshows/

AAr3172534

Aug 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/30/00
>Just when he was going for $1000 my tv station cut-in for a weather alert
>and I missed what happened. I gotta know, did he get $1000? Can you recall
>what the question was and what (lame) answer he gave? How far did he get?

He got the $1,000 Q. correct, but got the $2,000 Q. wrong, and thus he won
$1,000 (and I must say was lucky to win $1,000).

He was one of two on Yesterday's Episode who won only $1,000. The other
contestant used two lifelines (Aud. and PAF) on the $2,000 Q and lost on the
$4,000 Q with the 50/50 (which he should have used) on that question. The last
contestant won, taking a complete guess at the $32,000 Q after the 50/50 and
PAF didn't help her, but got it right as time ran out. The carryover contestant
ended up winning $250,000.

$1,000 wins on Millionaire can sure be boring. But, I must say Regis talked the
one contestant (the won who used up all his lifelines by the $500 Q.) to use up
all his lifelines so he wouldn't leave with $0. I personally think that $0 wins
on Millionaire are more exciting than $1,000 wins, but that's just me.

Brian M. Bell

Sep 4, 2000, 2:26:21 PM9/4/00
agreed
brianbell98.vcf