Tattletales couples 20 years later

RMK

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Are Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller the only TT couple to still be
alive/still married to this day?

Matt Ottinger

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
RMK wrote:

> Are Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller the only TT couple to still be
> alive/still married to this day?

Interesting question! Without looking it up, my guess is that
Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows would have been guests at least once,
and they're still together and kicking. There are probably others
too, but not many.

--Matt
otti...@acd.net

James Allen

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00

Mitzi McCall and Charlie Brill are still married (and alive) as far as I know.

Geastll

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Are Barbara Stuart and Dick Gautier still married?

Mark Evanier

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
On 05 Mar 2000 19:05:12 GMT, sji...@aol.com (James Allen) posted:

>Mitzi McCall and Charlie Brill are still married (and alive) as far as I know.

ME: Mitzi and Charlie are alive and wed. And yesterday, I ran into
Patti Deutsch at a memorial service and she's still happily wed to
Donald Ross.

Mark Evanier - PMB 303 - 363 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036

Dave Mackey

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Mark Evanier <m...@evanier.com> wrote in message

> On 05 Mar 2000 19:05:12 GMT, sji...@aol.com (James Allen) posted:
>
> >Mitzi McCall and Charlie Brill are still married (and alive) as far as I
know.

> ME: Mitzi and Charlie are alive and wed. And yesterday, I ran into
> Patti Deutsch at a memorial service and she's still happily wed to
> Donald Ross.

I wonder if Patti's aware of this wonderful second stage of her career,
fueled by Game Show Network reruns of all her great stuff.

--
Dave Mackey
www.davemackey.com

James Allen

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
>>Mitzi McCall and Charlie Brill are still married (and alive) as far as I
>know.
>
>ME: Mitzi and Charlie are alive and wed. And yesterday, I ran into
>Patti Deutsch at a memorial service and she's still happily wed to
>Donald Ross.

>Mark Evanier -

Thanks, Mark. Right after I posted that I thought of Donald and Patty as well.

Mark Evanier

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 15:57:57 -0500, "Dave Mackey"
<Xdma...@raven.cybercomm.net> posted:

>I wonder if Patti's aware of this wonderful second stage of her career,
>fueled by Game Show Network reruns of all her great stuff.

ME: Yes...we talked about that. She doesn't get G.S.N. where she
lives but she occasionally hears from people about it and she does
receive little $2.00 residual checks from the airings.

Zach Horan

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
>Are Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller the only TT couple to still be
>alive/still married to this day?

Jack and Doe Narz, Monty and Marilyn Hall(I think they did TT once or twice),
and Wink and Sandy Martindale also come to mind.

Zach Horan

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
>Interesting question! Without looking it up, my guess is that
>Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows would have been guests at least once,
>and they're still together and kicking. There are probably others
>too, but not many.

Bob and Ginny Newhart, and Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme come to mind(I'm
pretty sure the latter couple were on TT sometime)
If Vicki Lawrence was on with her husband Al Schultz, then there's another on
the still married list.

BlackjackBrian

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
It seems to me that Dick (AKa AGENT HYMIE on get Smart) died in 1998 or 1999
Geastll <gea...@aol.com> wrote in message

BlackjackBrian

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Didn't Jack Narz recently pass on???

Zach Horan <zach...@aol.com> wrote in message

Randy Amasia

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00

BlackjackBrian <blackja...@excite.com> wrote in message

> Didn't Jack Narz recently pass on???

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, AN EMPHATIC NO. He is quite alive.

Linda

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
>From: "BlackjackBrian" blackja...@excite.com

>It seems to me that Dick (AKa AGENT HYMIE on get Smart) died in 1998 or 1999

Mr. Gautier is still alive. last i heard, and appeared in an interview on GSN
in 1997.

He and Barbara stuart are divorced , however.

"Meaning is where it's at..."--Bert Convy, "Semi Tough",1978

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/7011/convy.html

"See You Around the pool hall!"--Larry Blyden, WML, 1974

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/7011/blyden.html

Stone Cold Steve Austins twin

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
>Didn't Jack Narz recently pass on???

No, that was a rumor. I've been talking to Jack's son Dave in recent weeks,
and I'm happy to say that Jack is still alive and well!

In Loving Memory
Steven J Swarrow
1969-2000

Mark Evanier

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:15:38 -0500, "BlackjackBrian"
<blackja...@excite.com> posted:

>It seems to me that Dick (AKa AGENT HYMIE on get Smart) died in 1998 or 1999

ME: Dick Gautier is still, happily, with us. And there are actually a
number of couples from that show that are still together -- Dick and
Dolly Martin, Bob and Ginny Newhart...

Matt Kaiser

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

BlackjackBrian wrote:

> Didn't Jack Narz recently pass on???

Nope, Jack's still alive and well!

Jason Wuthrich

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
Mark Evanier <m...@evanier.com> wrote in message...

Is this the same Mark Evanier who wrote for "Garfield and Friends"? I loved
that show when it was on CBS (although, based on that seventh season, I
figured the end was near).

--Jason Wuthrich
Garfield fan since 1988

James Allen

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
>Is this the same Mark Evanier who wrote for "Garfield and Friends"? I loved
>that show when it was on CBS (although, based on that seventh season, I
>figured the end was near).
>
>--Jason Wuthrich
>Garfield fan since 1988

That's the guy. I forgot to mention before, welcome back to ATGS, Mark!

I've enjoyed many of Mark's posts in other newsgroups (most notably the
alt.animation.warner-bros).

Dave Mackey

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

> ME: Dick Gautier is still, happily, with us. And there are actually a
> number of couples from that show that are still together -- Dick and
> Dolly Martin, Bob and Ginny Newhart...

Steve and Eydie! I have NEVER seen an ep. of "Tattletales" on GSN with those
two. They were quite funny. They used to be booked along with two other
couples (the Newharts may have been one of the other) and when the three of
them got together, pandemonium ensued.

--
Dave Mackey
www.davemackey.com

Matt Ottinger

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

Dave Mackey wrote:

> Steve and Eydie! I have NEVER seen an ep. of "Tattletales" on GSN with those
> two. They were quite funny. They used to be booked along with two other
> couples (the Newharts may have been one of the other) and when the three of
> them got together, pandemonium ensued.

Seems like I read somewhere that Bob Newhart was one of the few celebrities who
wouldn't allow reruns of his appearances used on GSN. If that's the case (I
don't know for sure), and if as you say Steve & Eydie were always with them,
that would explain why we haven't seen those shows on GSN.

--Matt
otti...@acd.net

Scott Sharp

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
I think Donald Ross and Patty Deutsch are still together.

"Matt Ottinger" <otti...@acd.net> wrote in message

> RMK wrote:
>
> > Are Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller the only TT couple to still be
> > alive/still married to this day?
>

> Interesting question! Without looking it up, my guess is that
> Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows would have been guests at least once,
> and they're still together and kicking. There are probably others
> too, but not many.
>

> --Matt
> otti...@acd.net

Zach Horan

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
>Steve and Eydie! I have NEVER seen an ep. of "Tattletales" on GSN with those
>two. They were quite funny. They used to be booked along with two other
>couples (the Newharts may have been one of the other) and when the three of
>them got together

I think the Martins, Dick and Dolly, were the third duo of that sestet, but not
sure. Newhart won't clear his Tattletales appearances for GSN reruns, correct?

dbr...@bellsouth.net

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
And you'd be right, Scott.

mrjody...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2015, 7:58:35 AM10/28/15
No. They are divorced.

cindim...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2017, 10:09:13 PM7/28/17
All right, has anyone ever figured out who the famous actor was that Barbara Stuart almost married before Dick?

Super AWORio 64

Jul 28, 2017, 11:09:07 PM7/28/17
On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 10:09:13 PM UTC-4, cindim...@gmail.com wrote:
> All right, has anyone ever figured out who the famous actor was that Barbara Stuart almost married before Dick?

You should know by now that bumping old Nazi posts is frowned upon here, unless you respond with a troll post. Either learn to troll like us, or GTFO.

LateNightTalkShowL0bstr

Jul 29, 2017, 12:26:10 AM7/29/17
I'll make up for it.

i fink i saw bil kulin wok funi on tatultailz. iz dis kurekt?

stevesul...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2017, 1:44:10 AM7/29/17
I would also like to know who barbara stuart almost married. Her story on TT made me very curious.

VannaFan

Jul 29, 2017, 3:18:01 AM7/29/17
On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 12:44:10 AM UTC-5, stevesul...@gmail.com wrote:
> I would also like to know who barbara stuart almost married. Her story on TT made me very curious.

You won't find out here. Nothing but trolls. That's the way it should be.

EPG EAS

Jul 31, 2017, 4:35:38 AM7/31/17

danash...@hotmail.com

Jun 6, 2019, 12:26:00 PM6/6/19
On Sunday, March 5, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, RMK wrote:
> Are Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller the only TT couple to still be
> alive/still married to this day?

Still alive and still together, as of k6/19. Not very many. About 50% of the couples who were on Tattletales got divorced or broke up. Dick Gautier died in 2016, he and Barbara Stuart divorced in 1979. Patti Deutsch died, though she and Donald Ross were still together. Vicki Lawrence and her husband Al Schultz are the only ones I can think of still alive and married. Other than the marvelous Mitzi McCall and Charlie Brill.

James Fabiano

Jun 6, 2019, 12:30:58 PM6/6/19
Were Charles Nelson Reilly and Elizabeth Allen still together before CNR was a CBK contestant?

Kenny McCormack

Jun 6, 2019, 12:59:23 PM6/6/19
In article <a801c232-3796-4999...@googlegroups.com>,
So that makes 3 alive/still together, right? (AM/JS, VL/AS, MM/CB)

BTW, what we really need to determine is how many of them split *because*
of TT.

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Reaganomics

James Fabiano

Jun 6, 2019, 2:21:38 PM6/6/19
They all did. Bert ratted all the male contestants out for shitting their pants.

Zach Horan

Jun 6, 2019, 2:44:56 PM6/6/19
On Sunday, March 5, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, RMK wrote:
> Are Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller the only TT couple to still be
> alive/still married to this day?

Meara appeared on Celebrity BUcket Kickers on May 23, 2015, so they're not still married. Besides Vicki and Al and Mitzi and Charlie, Bob and Ginny Newhart and Wink and Sandy Martindale are atill married who appeared on the 70s Tattletales.

Kenny McCormack

Jun 6, 2019, 3:51:23 PM6/6/19
In article <342488d3-29c1-437e...@googlegroups.com>,
James Fabiano <jmfabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>They all did. Bert ratted all the male contestants out for shitting
>their pants.

Yeah, that's what I thought had happened.

--
The motto of the GOP "base": You can't *be* a billionaire, but at least you
can vote like one.

James Fabiano

Jun 6, 2019, 4:32:00 PM6/6/19
Not only that, but most of the guys were found to have purchased the services of Ida Mufferbids, who visited when Tattletales was taping at Television City.

Bl0atGermsL0bstr

Jun 6, 2019, 5:29:27 PM6/6/19
On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 4:32:00 PM UTC-4, James Fabiano wrote:
> Not only that, but most of the guys were found to have purchased the services of Ida Mufferbids, who visited when Tattletales was taping at Television City.

Even funnier: Betty White loved watching Allen fuck Ida. She got aroused by it, and paid a little extra to make it a threesome.

eros...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2019, 12:31:03 AM12/23/19
On Sunday, March 5, 2000 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Geastll wrote:
> Are Barbara Stuart and Dick Gautier still married?

no-they divorced in the 70's; both have passed away.