VS Millionaire 12/20

vicste...@mailexcite.com

Dec 21, 2000, 6:27:20 AM12/21/00
I get home a little after 8, not worrying because I set my VCR to
tape the show anyhow.

I flip to CTV.

Since when did Regis wear a Nashville Predator uniform and skate
up and down the ice at the Air Canada Center?

Oh crap.

Save me, ABC!

I taped CTV for after the game to see if they would show WWTBAM
in another time slot. They didn't, so this lacks the $300 to $500
for the returning contestant.

I guess I missed the opening bits of the show, turning in
as returning contestant Ben Wong questioned Regis about having
his mind in the gutter in response to Ben's reaction to this
question:

For $1000: What does Britney Spears wear in the "Hit Me Baby one
More Time Video?

A) Cheerleader outfit B) Prom Dress
C) Pyjamas D) School Uniform
D) School uniform.

For $2000: What university has the exclusive rights to use Donald
Duck as is mascot?

A) Georgetown B) U. of Oregon
C) Notre Dame D) USC

He knows the nicknames of Georgetown, Notre Dame and USC, but he
doesn't know Oregon's nicknames. So he will call a friend, or in
this case, calls a Professor. Professor Martin is one of Ben's
history professors.

As time runs out: "I'll go with Oregon".

Final answer.

U. of Oregon. Home of the Ducks!

(ad break: Visa, Zocor, Good Morning America)

Ben's sister, a portfolio accountant, is in the relationship seat. Ben
won a karaoke contest by singing the DiVinyls "I Touch Myself".

On that note:

For $4000: Which of these movies is not spoofed in the 2000 horror
comedy "Scary Movie"?

A) The Matrix B) Scream
C) The Blair Witch Project D) Dirty Dancing

D) Dirty Dancing.

For $8000: What play is set in Grover's Corners, NH?

A) Our Town B) Death of a Salesman
C) Arsenic & Old Lace D) The Crucible

He rules out C) (set in Brooklyn) and D) (Salem). He has read DOAS,
but can't remember the setting. Maybe the audience can help.
79-18-2-1.
Looks like they are steering him one way. He almost answers B), but
corrects himself to answer Our Town.
.
.
.
The audience brings home anouther correct answer.

FOr $16000: The Burton sporting goods company specializes in making
what tyoe of equipment?

A) Fly fishing poles B) Snowboards
C) Baseball gloves D) Ice hockey skates

He requests the 50/50. Winter sports survive with B) and D).

He'll guess B) Snowboards.
.
.
.
.
Good guess!

For $32000: Who was the first U.S. President to be a Rhodes scholar?

A) Woodrow Wilson B) Richard Nixon
C) Bill Clinton D) John F. Kennedy

Ben history specialty is 19th century history, and that isn't going
to help him out here. He knows Clinton was a Rhodes scholar, but
doesn't know if Clinton was the only one. Regis suggests that he
take the money, rather than risk it on a 25 percent chance. He'll
go with C) Bill Clinton, after a long pause.

Final answer.
.
.
.
.
Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar.
.
.
.
.
And among the U.S. Presidents
.
.
.
.
He was preceded by
.
.
.
.
NOBODY!

(ad break: Burger King, French's Taste Toppers, Happy Holidays from
ABC)

For $64,000: On the periodic table of elements the symbol "Co"
represents what element?

A) Chlorine B) Chromium
C) Copper D) Cobalt

Not much hesitation on this one. D) Cobalt. His final answer on the
free shot...

Is good!

For $125,000: Which of the following aniumals has 3 hearts?

A) Rhinoceros B) Octopus
C) Blue whale D) Shark

He starts out considering C) Blue whale, because of its size.

"I'm thinking about how a bird in the hand can leave a big mess all
over the place." - Ben.

"Ben, while we've been waiting, two of the animals died" - Regis

"I'm going to walk away, Regis" - Ben

He was considering C), but that would have cost him $32,000.

Octopus was the correct answer.

Fastest Finger: "Put these celebrity offspring in the order of their
age, starting with the youngest".

A) Ben Stiller
B) Kate Hudson
C) Gwyneth Paltrow
D) Liza Minelli

BCAD. Mike Wehrman, in 4.66, is one of 3 to get it right. After a word
from the sponsors, he'll play. Mike is a senior at U. of Arkansas. His
father is in the relationship seat. He played against David Goodman
in a Trivia Bowl.

(ad break: Trident, Red Lobster, All the Pretty Horses)

For $100: College students living on campus commonly live in what
type of building?

A) Acropolis B) Dormitory
C) Hippodrome D) Batcave.
B) Dorm.

For $200: According to legend, King Arthur sent his Knights of
the Round Table on a quest for what?

A) Holy grail B) Holy smoke
C) Holy water D) Holy mackerel
A) Holy grail.

For $300: Which of the following is a common slang phrase that means
miming along with rock music?

A) Shadow boxing B) Body sculpting
C) Playing air guitar D) Milli Vanilli
C) Playing air guitar

For $500: What is the lowest common multiple of the numbers 3,4 & 5?

A) 15 B) 30 C) 45 D) 60
C) 60.

For $1000: The logo of the television series "Survivor" contains
the words "Outwit", "Outplay" and what?

A) Outlive B) Outlast
C) Outrace D) Outdo
B) Outlast.

For $2000: What is the name of the rhythmic, stomping dance style
popularized by black fraternities and sororities?

A) Cakewalking B) Flexing
C) Phat-a-tat-tat D) Stepping

Time to go to the audience. They return a pretty convincing 9-4-16-71.
He'll agree with the audience, and they have showed him the way
to $2000.

(ad break: Burger King, Toys R Us, Chia Herb Garden)

For $4000: When light is bent by a prism, what is that process
called?

A) Reflection B) Polarization
C) Refraction D) Cohesion

C) Refraction.

For $8000: What 13th century united the Mongol tribes?

A) Kubla Khan B) Aga Khan
C) Genghis Khan D) Ali Akbar Khan

C) Genghis Khan.

For $16000: The Yahoo! search engine began as a personal project of
two engineering students at what university?

A) Stanford B) Cal Tech
C) M.I.T. D) U.C. Berkeley

He originally thinks it is Stanford, and seconds later, Stanford
becomes his final answer.

Stanford is right.

For $32000: An argument with 2 premises and a conclusion is a
called a what?

A) Analogy B) Syllogism
C) Rebuttal D) Parallel

He's pretty sure it is B) Syllogism. Sure enough for it to be his
final
answer.

Sure enough, he got that one right.

For $64,000: In 2000, Ben & Jerry's introduced what "Seinfeld"
insprired
ice cream flavour?

A) Newman B) Costanza
C) Soup Nutsy D) Festivus

He thinks about it, and leans towards Soup Nutsy, but decides to see
what the 50/50 leaves. The answer is either C) or D).

It confirms his suspicion, and he'll go with C) Soup Nutsy.

His free shot
.
.
.
.
.
is an airball.

Of course, that means Festivus was the right answer. And of course,
that means we need someone new in the Hotseat.

"Put these movies in order of their first theatrical release,
starting with the earliest"

A) School Daze
B) Animal House
C) The Paper Chase
D) Good Will Hunting

4 of 8 come up with the order of CABD. Julie Doran is the fastest,
in 4.84 seconds.

(ad break: Family Man, Visa, Lysol)

Julie is a senior at Bentley College. She majors in Business
Communication, and wants to intern for the Celtics or Red Sox. Her
father is in the relationship seat.

For $100: Which of these animal phrases means "the facts of life"?

A) Cats & Dogs B) Birds & bees
C) Elephants & Mice D) Hedgehogs & ferrets
B) Birds & bees.

And remember, the answer is never Tootie.

For $200: What is the name for both a wrestling hold and a greeting
two long-lost friends could give each other?

A) Full nelson B) Bear hug
C) Pile driver D) Double-leg takedown
B) Bear hug.

For $300: Which of these is a vacation destination where visitors can
experience the "cowboy" life?

A) Dude ranch B) Buddy ranch
C) Homey ranch D) Hell
A) Dude ranch.

For $500: Which of these board games is named after a corporate
business practice?

A) Parcheesi B) Twister
C) Monopoly D) Yahtzee
C) Monopoly.

For $1000: What does the "W" in George W. Bush stand for?

A) Walker B) William
C) Wendell D) Wallace

She has an idea, but wants to poll the audience. They poll
results of 66-17-9-8. She'll go with the audience.

They are 3 for 3 tonight!

***AH-WOOO***

That is it for tonight, and it for me until the new year. If you are
celebrating something over the next couple of weeks, have a great one.
And I'll see you sometime early in 2001.