SCS Millionaire 01/25/2001

Steven Sousa

Jan 26, 2001, 10:06:21 PM1/26/01
When Mega-Millionaires explode, NEXT!

Last time,

Somebody wins $250,000!

Somebody who looks a lot like Edge & Christian gets into the hot seat. And
agrees with the audience. The audience reeks of awesomeness!

His name is Bobby something-or-other. He's a heavy fan favorite. He's
brought a contingent from New Orleans. 20 were there yesterday, but only 14
are left today. They could be dead in some Manhatten alley, but Bobby
doesn't care because HE'S HERE TO PLAY!

50:50 and Phone-a-Friend are left, and he's answered eight questions
correctly.

$16000: The Italian delicacy "mortadella" is what kind of food?
A: Cheese B: Fish C: Fruit D: Sausage

Total heinosity! He's going to call his friend Jeff Wilson, whom everybody
calls "squirrel." The Squirrel is an English teacher. The Mole is...well to
be fair I'll wait until Regis does something mole-ish. The Squirrel has no
idea.

50:50 leaves cheese and sausage. Bobby thinks "mortadella" sounds like
"mozzarella" which he knows is a cheese. Regis tries to help, but then begs
off and admits he doesn't know. He's going to guess. He's going to say
sausage.

Final answer.

He zagged.

The right answer was..

...sausage! for $16,000! Major crowd pops!

BM: What popular figure was nicknamed "Dr. Hug"?
A: Dr. Leo Buscaglia B: Dr. Benjamin Spock C: Dr. David Viscott D:
Norman Cousins

He knows Spock wrote childrens psychology books, but knows nothing else
about any of the others. Sixteen grand won't change his life, but it's
pretty nice. He's going to walk. He would have guessed Spock. That would
have been illogical, as Dr. Leo was correct.

Ten people are very happy for Bobby.

AND THEY ARE:

Kim Forster, Plymouth, MI
Merrill Trowbridge, Portland, OR
Debby Deasy, Avon Lake, OH
Al Brown, Spokane, WA
Don Davis, Birmingham, AL
Bob Striegel, Los Angeles, CA, who is having trouble controlling his finger.
Art McOmber, Poway, CA
Art Venable, Ansonia, CT
Annette Marshall, New York City
Chris Goldschmidt, Birmingham, AL

FFF: Put these entrepeneurs in order according to their date of birth,
starting with the earliest:
A: Rupert Murdoch B: Steve Jobs
C: Henry Ford D: Joseph Kennedy, Sr.

C-D-A-B is correct, and Bob Striegel's out of control finger must have been
the fastest, because his time of 4.42 seconds beats out the five other
correct contestants. He'll play after these commercials.

Visa is, apparently, everywhere I'd like to be. I can't escape!

Roy and Cathy, Bob's mother and father, are with him tonight. Bob and his
brother are in the business of buying and selling movie memorabelia. Regis
asks what the most expensive item he ever sold was, but he dodges the
question. He once went to an auction where he picked up some props from
Francis Ford Coppola movies...

Warning! Bad joke coming...

You can see it coming, can't you?

I really shouldn't say it, but it's too late...

I guess he must have made a offer they couldn't refuse!

He also trades stock on the Internet. A gambler type. Should be an exciting
run.

LET'S PLAY!

$100: If you are skeptical about something, you should "take it with a grain
of" what?
C: Salt.

$200: A person who compulsively spends all his time working is commonly
called a what?
B: Workaholic, not D: Batman

$300: A line that directly crosses the page from left to right is called
what kind of line?
B: Horizontal.

$500: A person giving birth to septuplets is having how many children?
A: Seven.

LM: The term "Chicano" refers to an American person of what descent?
A: Czech B: Pakistani C: Mexican D: Chinese

First five sweep thanks to the Mexicans!

$2000: Which of these brands of bottled water becomes a word meaning
"gullible" when spelled backwwards?
A: Perrier B: Evian C: Spa D: Naya

He's not naive!

$4000: In her 1998 #1 single "Believe," Cher asks if you believe in what?
A: Life after love B: Second chances C: Miracles D: Dancing the
night away

Bob isn't that familiar with the song. He's seen the video a few times. He
rules out D and B. He's going to ask the audience. They go with A, with a
count of 80-4-16-0. Now he remembers!

Do you believe that he used a lifeline on that question?

Do you believe in watching commercials?

I don't, but I believe I heard this week that Madonna and Britney Spears are
mutual admirers, and will be recording a duet. Maybe that Playboy spread
will happen after all.

Regis thinks Bob is a very handsome man. And since all attractive people
must want to be actors, Bob must want to be an actor. And, in fact Bob has
acted on stage, and wouldn't mind doing so again. He once waited on Princess
Stephanie, Don Ameche, and David Letterman. I bet they weren't the same
partty.

$8000: Which of the following is a kind of bird?
A: Bobble B: Bobtail C: Bobbin D: Bobwhite

Good question to give to someone named Bob. He's got it down to two. He
thinks Bobtail, but it might be Bobwhite. Now he thinks Bobtail sounds like
a kind of cat, like a lynx. But he'll say it anyway.

Bobtail.

Final Answer?

Yes.

Bobtail turns yellow.

Bobwhite turns green!

Well, he was a gambler, I'll give him that. Too bad he couldn't get higher.

FFF: Put these U.S. States with panhandles in geographic order, starting in
the north:
A: Oklahoma B: Idaho
C: Texas D: America's Laughingstock

B-A-C-D gets Kim Forster in the Hot Seat. Does anyone else think that
question was a bit possibly ambiguous?

Kim is very excited. Her husband and mother are both here. They went ice
skating at Rockefller Center last night. She's a labor and delivery nurse.
Regis then proceeds to piss off every woman watching by saying that the
pains of labor are nothing like passing a kidney stone. Even though it may
be true, at the end of passing a kidney stone you just get a kidney stone.

$100: A task that involves great physical exertion is said to require lots
of what?
B: Elbow grease

The following question is dedicated to Ray Walston, who, among many other
roles, was brilliant as Mr. Hand in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

$200: What do U.S. students customarily do to signal they have something to
say in class?
B: Raise hand, not E: Order a pizza

$300: Which of the following is a type of bruise?
C: Black eye.

$500: A beach towel is normally made of what kind of material?
D: Terry cloth

LM: Abraham Lincoln was born in what kind of building?
A: Teepee B: Hospital C: Log cabin D: Barn

Log Cabin is good for a F5S!

Commercials!

Teach your kids responsibility by giving them money on a fake Visa card!

Kim's husband Mike was the one who dragged her to the audition, but he's
really the trivia nut. SEE?!?!? Her oldest daughter advised her to make up
something interesting about herself. As part of the childbirth classes she
teaches the news classes, she gives a quiz which she calls, "Who Wants to
Change a Million Diapers?" See, that's funny, and she didn't have to make it
up! Her daughter gets a big thumbs down, and I'm rooting for Kim to win it
all, even if it means no jackpot for me when I win next month. If I ever get
a callback. But I promise I won't whine and complain.

$2000: Which of the following are you doing to a stack of papers if you are
"paginating" them?
A: Putting in Order B: Recycling C: Burning D: Proofreading

She goes with A.

It's right!

$4000: On the cover of their 2000 album "No Strings Attached," the members
of 'N Sync appear as what?
A: Marionettes B: Violinists C: Bungee jumpers D: Butterfly
catchers

Thanks to her daughter, she knows that it's marionettes. Which almost makes
up for the negative comment earlier.

$8000: In 1965, U.S. labor leader Cesar Chavez organized a national boycott
of what crop?
A: Corn B: Cotton C: Tobacco D: Grapes

The answer that she was thinking did pop up as one of the four, but she's
not sure. She's going to ask the audience. They think it was grapes,
7-10-28-55. She thought it was tobacco. She wants to use 50:50. It,
naturally, leaves her choice and the audience's choice. But I think we all
saw that coming. Regis repeats the name "Cesar Chavez" but you can see in
his face that the name he really wants to blurt out is "John Steinbeck"
She's going against the audience. She'll go with tobacco. Regis tries to
talk her out of it, but it's too late as she says "final answer."

Shucks. I wanted her to win.

And Regis proves himself not to be the Mole, as he did everything but tell
her the correct answer. I can admit it when I'm wrong!

FFF: Put the following Boston-based television shows in order of their
original debut, starting with the earliest:
A: Boston Public B: Spenser: For Hire
C: Ally McBeal D: St. Elsewhere

What, no Cheers?

D-B-C-A will get Chris Goldschmidt in the Hot Seat with his time of 6.27
seconds. He'll try to go all the way after these messages.

Once in a great while, a movie comes along that completely gives away its
ending in its own promotional material. This year it was Cast Away.

Chris runs and owns his own business doing marketing, graphic arts sorts of
things. So he's one of those Ad Wizards. Maybe he can explain the Budweiser
Frogs/Lizards commercials to me, because the point still eludes me
completely. Chris's motto is, "If you're paying us, we'll do it," which also
the motto of another profession.

Lawyers.

What did you think I was going to say?

His wife, in the relationship chair, is his bbookkeeppeerr. .

$100: Which of the following is a common phrase for "something that gives a
boost in energy"?
A: Pick-me-up, not D: Ricky Martin video.

$200: What is the salty liquid usually produced when crying?
B: Tears

$300: According to the classic TV jingle, how does "America spell cheese"?

The Ad Wizard would hang himself if he missed this one.

C: K-R-A-F-T

$500: Which of these colors is closest to lavender?
A: Purple

LM: Where would you most likely find a cabana?
A: Garden B: Beach C: Hiking Trail D: Horse Ranch

Chris quickly says A.

Final answer.

Eternal Ignomy!

Correct answer was B: Beach.

I wonder if they're still thinking contestant searches were such a great
idea.

FFF: Put these dances in the order in which they first became popular,
starting with the earliest.
A: Minuet B: Lindy
C: Waltz D: Funky Chicken

A-C-B-D is correct. Six people got it right. Merrill Trowbridge was the
fastest in 5.42 seconds. Will she break the losing streak?

The Hallmark magnetic kissing bears are cute, but take my word for it,
you're better off with the huge squishy bear. You know she's seen the
commercial too, and she'll know you only spent $2.95 on her Valentine's Day
present. Trust me. Big squishy teddy bear. Can't go wrong.

Merrill works for an athletic wear manufacturer. I thought that the only
people who worked for those companies were Vietnamese eight-year-olds. She's
the office manager. Her boyfriend Jerry is with her. He's from Great
Britain.

LET'S TRY NOT TO BLOW IT!

$100: The children's game in which one player jumps over another is known as
"leap" what?
B: Frog

$200: According to a common saying, a weak person "couldn't punch his way
out of a" what?
A: Tight corner B: Cheap convertible C: Paper bag D: Spelling bee

If I'm transcribing the choices on a sub-1000 question, that neans she's
struggling. And my guess is she'd know it if they didn't exclude the word
"wet" Now is the time the question writers choose to get frugal?

Eventually, she says C, paper bag.

She was correct!

$300: Which of the following is used to weave together thread to form cloth?
C: Loom.

$500: Which of the following is not an ingredient found in a traditional
"s'more"?
A: Whipped Cream

LM: According to custom, what phrase concludes the oath of office for a new
U.S. President?
A: So say we all B: So help us all C: So help me God D: So goes the
nation

She's going with C.

She's right!

AH-WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

In this space I had hoped to give you the results of the first ever SCS
Millionaire Match Game, but I can't, due to the horrible participation. My
thanks go to Jerry Depew and Charlie Pevey for being the only two people to
send in responses.

It might be a while before the next Extra.

Steve Sousa

Dean Scungio

Jan 27, 2001, 12:54:30 AM1/27/01
First off, a quick announcement. Brett Pasternack has agreed to do
"pop-ups" on the Friday and Sunday recaps. I will continue to do the
Wednesday and Thursday "pop-up" recaps.

. o O ( Date: 1/25/2001 )
. o O ( Jackpot: $1,830,000 )

Steven Sousa <ae...@aurora.mv.com.XYZ> wrote in message
> When Mega-Millionaires explode, NEXT!

. o O ( spontaneous human combustion: the alleged process of the human body
catching fire as a result of heat generated by an internal chemical
reaction )

> Last time,
>
> Somebody wins $250,000!
>
> Somebody who looks a lot like Edge & Christian gets into the hot seat. And
> agrees with the audience. The audience reeks of awesomeness!
>
> His name is Bobby something-or-other.

. o O ( Bobby Hoerner. )

> He's a heavy fan favorite. He's
> brought a contingent from New Orleans. 20 were there yesterday, but only
14
> are left today. They could be dead in some Manhatten alley, but Bobby
> doesn't care because HE'S HERE TO PLAY!
>
> 50:50 and Phone-a-Friend are left, and he's answered eight questions
> correctly.
>
> $16000: The Italian delicacy "mortadella" is what kind of food?
> A: Cheese B: Fish C: Fruit D: Sausage
>
> Total heinosity! He's going to call his friend Jeff Wilson, whom everybody
> calls "squirrel." The Squirrel is an English teacher. The Mole is

. o O ( ...on Tuesday nights on ABC. )

> ...well to
> be fair I'll wait until Regis does something mole-ish. The Squirrel has no
> idea.
>
> 50:50 leaves cheese and sausage. Bobby thinks "mortadella" sounds like
> "mozzarella" which he knows is a cheese. Regis tries to help, but then
begs
> off and admits he doesn't know. He's going to guess. He's going to say
> sausage.
>
> Final answer.

. o O ( On-air time to answer: 3:24 )

> He zagged.
>
> The right answer was..
>
> ...sausage! for $16,000! Major crowd pops!

. o O ( $16,000 = 33,604,859 lire )

> BM: What popular figure was nicknamed "Dr. Hug"?
> A: Dr. Leo Buscaglia B: Dr. Benjamin Spock C: Dr. David Viscott
D:
> Norman Cousins

. o O ( "Huggy Bear" was the street-smart informant on "Starsky and
Hutch". )

> He knows Spock wrote childrens psychology books, but knows nothing else
> about any of the others. Sixteen grand won't change his life, but it's
> pretty nice. He's going to walk. He would have guessed Spock. That would
> have been illogical, as Dr. Leo was correct.

. o O ( Dr. Leo Buscaglia emphasized love and happiness in relationships. )
. o O ( Dr. David Viscott was a Los Angeles call-in psychologist. )
. o O ( Like Fraiser Crane. )
. o O ( Norman Cousins studied mind-body medicine and believed that laughter
was indeed "the best medicine". )

> Ten people are very happy for Bobby.
>
> AND THEY ARE:
>
> Kim Forster, Plymouth, MI
> Merrill Trowbridge, Portland, OR
> Debby Deasy, Avon Lake, OH
> Al Brown, Spokane, WA
> Don Davis, Birmingham, AL
> Bob Striegel, Los Angeles, CA, who is having trouble controlling his
finger.
> Art McOmber, Poway, CA
> Art Venable, Ansonia, CT
> Annette Marshall, New York City
> Chris Goldschmidt, Birmingham, AL
>
> FFF: Put these entrepeneurs in order according to their date of birth,
> starting with the earliest:
> A: Rupert Murdoch B: Steve Jobs
> C: Henry Ford D: Joseph Kennedy, Sr.
>
> C-D-A-B is correct,

. o O ( 1863; 1888; 1931; 1955 )

> and Bob Striegel's out of control finger must have been
> the fastest, because his time of 4.42 seconds beats out the five other
> correct contestants. He'll play after these commercials.
>
> Visa is, apparently, everywhere I'd like to be. I can't escape!

. o O ( paranoia: a psychological disorder characterized by delusions of
grandeur )

> Roy and Cathy, Bob's mother and father, are with him tonight. Bob and his
> brother are in the business of buying and selling movie memorabelia. Regis
> asks what the most expensive item he ever sold was, but he dodges the
> question. He once went to an auction where he picked up some props from
> Francis Ford Coppola movies...
>
> Warning! Bad joke coming...
>
> You can see it coming, can't you?
>
> I really shouldn't say it, but it's too late...
>
> I guess he must have made a offer they couldn't refuse!

. o O ( RIMSHOT! )

> He also trades stock on the Internet. A gambler type. Should be an
exciting
> run.
>
> LET'S PLAY!
>
> $100: If you are skeptical about something, you should "take it with a
grain
> of" what?
> C: Salt.

. o O ( Salt crystals are generally cubic in shape. )

> $200: A person who compulsively spends all his time working is commonly
> called a what?
> B: Workaholic, not D: Batman
>
> $300: A line that directly crosses the page from left to right is called
> what kind of line?
> B: Horizontal.
>
> $500: A person giving birth to septuplets is having how many children?
> A: Seven.

. o O ( There are currently two living sets of septuplets in the world
today. )
. o O ( There is one group of 7 living octuplets (8 children) as well. )

> LM: The term "Chicano" refers to an American person of what descent?
> A: Czech B: Pakistani C: Mexican D: Chinese
>
> First five sweep thanks to the Mexicans!
>
> $2000: Which of these brands of bottled water becomes a word meaning
> "gullible" when spelled backwwards?
> A: Perrier B: Evian C: Spa D: Naya
>
> He's not naive!
>
> $4000: In her 1998 #1 single "Believe," Cher asks if you believe in what?
> A: Life after love B: Second chances C: Miracles D: Dancing the
> night away

. o O ( There are 6 writers, 2 producers and the executive producer credited
in the production of this song. )
. o O ( The album "Believe" spent four weeks at #1. )
. o O ( It is Cher's best-selling album ever. )

> Bob isn't that familiar with the song. He's seen the video a few times. He
> rules out D and B. He's going to ask the audience. They go with A, with a
> count of 80-4-16-0. Now he remembers!
>
> Do you believe that he used a lifeline on that question?
>
> Do you believe in watching commercials?
>
> I don't, but I believe I heard this week that Madonna and Britney Spears
are
> mutual admirers, and will be recording a duet.

. o O ( Yes, it's true. )

> Maybe that Playboy spread will happen after all.
>
> Regis thinks Bob is a very handsome man. And since all attractive people
> must want to be actors, Bob must want to be an actor. And, in fact Bob has
> acted on stage, and wouldn't mind doing so again. He once waited on
Princess
> Stephanie, Don Ameche, and David Letterman. I bet they weren't the same
> partty.
>
> $8000: Which of the following is a kind of bird?
> A: Bobble B: Bobtail C: Bobbin D: Bobwhite
>
> Good question to give to someone named Bob.

. o O ( Bob Hope ) . o O ( Bob Newhart ) . o O ( Bob Barker )
. o O ( Bob Eubanks ) . o O ( Billy Bob Thornton )
. o O ( Bobcat Goldthwait )

> He's got it down to two. He
> thinks Bobtail, but it might be Bobwhite. Now he thinks Bobtail sounds
like
> a kind of cat, like a lynx. But he'll say it anyway.
>
> Bobtail.
>
> Final Answer?
>
> Yes.
>
> Bobtail turns yellow.
>
> Bobwhite turns green!

. o O ( He "bobbled" it. )

. o O ( bobble: to lose one's grip, a mistake )
. o O ( bobtail: a shortened tail, or an animal having a shortened tail )
. o O ( bobbin: a spool or reel used to hold thread for sewing )
. o O ( bobwhite: a small North American quail (Colinus virginianus) having
brown plumage with white markings )

> Well, he was a gambler, I'll give him that. Too bad he couldn't get
higher.

> FFF: Put these U.S. States with panhandles in geographic order, starting
in
> the north:
> A: Oklahoma B: Idaho
> C: Texas D: America's Laughingstock

. o O ( panhandle: a narrow strip of land projecting from a larger area )

> B-A-C-D gets Kim Forster in the Hot Seat. Does anyone else think that
> question was a bit possibly ambiguous?

. o O ( Margin of victory: 0.02 seconds )

> Kim is very excited. Her husband and mother are both here. They went ice
> skating at Rockefller Center last night. She's a labor and delivery nurse.
> Regis then proceeds to piss off every woman watching by saying that the
> pains of labor are nothing like passing a kidney stone. Even though it may
> be true, at the end of passing a kidney stone you just get a kidney stone.
>
> $100: A task that involves great physical exertion is said to require lots
> of what?
> B: Elbow grease
>
> The following question is dedicated to Ray Walston, who, among many other
> roles, was brilliant as Mr. Hand in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
>
> $200: What do U.S. students customarily do to signal they have something
> say in class?
> B: Raise hand, not E: Order a pizza

. o O ( "Welcome Back, Kotter"'s Arnold Horshack would raise his hand and
shout... )
. o O ( "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" )

> $300: Which of the following is a type of bruise?
> C: Black eye.

. o O ( Put ice on a black eye to reduce the color and swelling. )
. o O ( "Black eye" cocktail: vodka and blackberry brandy )
. o O ( No ice. )

> $500: A beach towel is normally made of what kind of material?
> D: Terry cloth
>
> LM: Abraham Lincoln was born in what kind of building?
> A: Teepee B: Hospital C: Log cabin D: Barn
>
> Log Cabin is good for a F5S!

. o O ( Jimmy Carter was the first president to be born in a hospital. )
. o O ( His mother was a registered nurse. )

> Commercials!
>
> Teach your kids responsibility by giving them money on a fake Visa card!
>
> Kim's husband Mike was the one who dragged her to the audition, but he's
> really the trivia nut. SEE?!?!? Her oldest daughter advised her to make up
> something interesting about herself. As part of the childbirth classes she
> teaches the news classes, she gives a quiz which she calls, "Who Wants to
> Change a Million Diapers?" See, that's funny, and she didn't have to make
it
> up! Her daughter gets a big thumbs down, and I'm rooting for Kim to win it
> all, even if it means no jackpot for me when I win next month. If I ever
get
> a callback. But I promise I won't whine and complain.
>
> $2000: Which of the following are you doing to a stack of papers if you
are
> "paginating" them?
> A: Putting in Order B: Recycling C: Burning D: Proofreading
>
> She goes with A.
>
> It's right!
>
> $4000: On the cover of their 2000 album "No Strings Attached," the members
> of 'N Sync appear as what?
> A: Marionettes B: Violinists C: Bungee jumpers D: Butterfly
> catchers

. o O ( The album broke sales records when it sold 1.1 million copies in one
day and 2.4 million in one week. )

> Thanks to her daughter, she knows that it's marionettes. Which almost
makes
> up for the negative comment earlier.

. o O ( Famous marionettes include Pinocchio and Howdy Doody. )

> $8000: In 1965, U.S. labor leader Cesar Chavez organized a national
boycott
> of what crop?
> A: Corn B: Cotton C: Tobacco D: Grapes
>
> The answer that she was thinking did pop up as one of the four, but she's
> not sure. She's going to ask the audience. They think it was grapes,
> 7-10-28-55. She thought it was tobacco. She wants to use 50:50. It,
> naturally, leaves her choice and the audience's choice. But I think we all
> saw that coming.

. o O ( The 50:50 choices are not random nor decided at the time the player
asks for it. )

> Regis repeats the name "Cesar Chavez" but you can see in
> his face that the name he really wants to blurt out is "John Steinbeck"
> She's going against the audience. She'll go with tobacco. Regis tries to
> talk her out of it, but it's too late as she says "final answer."
>
> Shucks. I wanted her to win.

. o O ( In 1965, Chavez's National Farm Workers Association and the United
Farm Workers joined the AFL-CIO in a five-year strike-boycott against wine
grape growers. )

> And Regis proves himself not to be the Mole, as he did everything but tell
> her the correct answer. I can admit it when I'm wrong!
>
> FFF: Put the following Boston-based television shows in order of their
> original debut, starting with the earliest:
> A: Boston Public B: Spenser: For Hire
> C: Ally McBeal D: St. Elsewhere
>
> What, no Cheers?

. o O ( 1982 )

> D-B-C-A

. o O ( 1982; 1985; 1997; 2000 )

> will get Chris Goldschmidt in the Hot Seat with his time of 6.27
> seconds. He'll try to go all the way after these messages.

. o O ( "Cheers" and applause. )

> Once in a great while, a movie comes along that completely gives away its
> ending in its own promotional material. This year it was Cast Away.
>
> Chris runs and owns his own business doing marketing, graphic arts sorts
of
> things. So he's one of those Ad Wizards. Maybe he can explain the
Budweiser
> Frogs/Lizards commercials to me, because the point still eludes me
> completely.

. o O ( Bud. )
. o O ( Weis. )
. o O ( Er. )

> Chris's motto is, "If you're paying us, we'll do it," which also
> the motto of another profession.
>
> Lawyers.
>
> What did you think I was going to say?
>
> His wife, in the relationship chair, is his bbookkeeppeerr. .

. o O ( "bookkeeping" is the longest English word with the most sets of
consecutive double letters. )

> $100: Which of the following is a common phrase for "something that gives
> boost in energy"?
> A: Pick-me-up, not D: Ricky Martin video.
>
> $200: What is the salty liquid usually produced when crying?
> B: Tears

. o O ( The salt content of tears is around 7,000 to 9,000 parts per
million. )

> $300: According to the classic TV jingle, how does "America spell cheese"?
>
> The Ad Wizard would hang himself if he missed this one.
>
> C: K-R-A-F-T
>
> $500: Which of these colors is closest to lavender?
> A: Purple
>
> LM: Where would you most likely find a cabana?
> A: Garden B: Beach C: Hiking Trail D: Horse Ranch
>
> Chris quickly says A.
>
> Final answer.
>
> Eternal Ignomy!

. o O ( He is now the 11th player to leave with nothing. )
. o O ( Chris "Cabana Boy" Goldschmidt, ladies and gentlemen. )

> Correct answer was B: Beach.

. o O ( cabana: a shelter on a beach or at a swimming pool used as a
bathhouse )

> I wonder if they're still thinking contestant searches were such a great
> idea.
>
> FFF: Put these dances in the order in which they first became popular,
> starting with the earliest.
> A: Minuet B: Lindy

. o O ( Also known as the "Lindy Hop" )

> C: Waltz D: Funky Chicken
>
> A-C-B-D is correct.

. o O ( 17th C.; 18th C.; 1930's; 1970's )

> Six people got it right. Merrill Trowbridge was the
> fastest in 5.42 seconds. Will she break the losing streak?

. o O ( Margin of victory: 0.10 seconds )

> The Hallmark magnetic kissing bears are cute, but take my word for it,
> you're better off with the huge squishy bear. You know she's seen the
> commercial too, and she'll know you only spent $2.95 on her Valentine's
Day
> present. Trust me. Big squishy teddy bear. Can't go wrong.
>
> Merrill works for an athletic wear manufacturer. I thought that the only
> people who worked for those companies were Vietnamese eight-year-olds.
She's
> the office manager. Her boyfriend Jerry is with her. He's from Great
> Britain.
>
> LET'S TRY NOT TO BLOW IT!
>
> $100: The children's game in which one player jumps over another is known
as
> "leap" what?
> B: Frog

. o O ( The classic arcade game "Frogger" was introduced in 1981. )

. o O ( Bud. )
. o O ( Weis. )
. o O ( Er. )

> $200: According to a common saying, a weak person "couldn't punch his way
> out of a" what?
> A: Tight corner B: Cheap convertible C: Paper bag D: Spelling bee
>
> If I'm transcribing the choices on a sub-1000 question, that neans she's
> struggling. And my guess is she'd know it if they didn't exclude the word
> "wet" Now is the time the question writers choose to get frugal?
>
> Eventually, she says C, paper bag.
>
> She was correct!
>
> $300: Which of the following is used to weave together thread to form
cloth?
> C: Loom.
>
> $500: Which of the following is not an ingredient found in a traditional
> "s'more"?
> A: Whipped Cream
>
> LM: According to custom, what phrase concludes the oath of office for a
new
> U.S. President?
> A: So say we all B: So help us all C: So help me God D: So goes
the
> nation

. o O ( George W. Bush was sworn in by Chief Justice William Rehnquist. )

> She's going with C.
>
> She's right!

. o O ( "I, name, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully
execute the office of President of the United States, and I will to the best
of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United
States, so help me God." )

> AH-WHOOOOOOOOOOO!
>
> In this space I had hoped to give you the results of the first ever SCS
> Millionaire Match Game, but I can't, due to the horrible participation. My
> thanks go to Jerry Depew and Charlie Pevey for being the only two people
> send in responses.
>
> It might be a while before the next Extra.
>
> Steve Sousa

. o O ( "Pop-Up Video" is a trademark of VH-1, Viacom, and Spin the Bottle
Productions. )

. o O ( POP! )

--
Dean Scungio
dscu...@worldnet.att.net

"It's not how much we give away,
it's the way we do it." -Monty Hall

Francis Chu

Jan 27, 2001, 6:29:56 AM1/27/01
Dean Scungio wrote:

> . o O ( Date: 1/25/2001 )
> . o O ( Jackpot: $1,830,000 )
>

> > $500: Which of these colors is closest to lavender?
> > A: Purple
> >
> > LM: Where would you most likely find a cabana?
> > A: Garden B: Beach C: Hiking Trail D: Horse Ranch
> >
> > Chris quickly says A.
> >
> > Final answer.
> >
> > Eternal Ignomy!
> >

> . o O ( He is now the 11th player to leave with nothing. )

Do you think that he might return if they decide to have a WWTBAM "Tournament of
Losers"?

> . o O ( Chris "Cabana Boy" Goldschmidt, ladies and gentlemen. )
>
> > Correct answer was B: Beach.

> . o O ( cabana: a shelter on a beach or at a swimming pool used as a
> bathhouse )

Francis Chu
Sydney, australia
sf...@tig.com.au

MSTieScott

Jan 27, 2001, 3:46:34 PM1/27/01

> LM: Where would you most likely find a cabana?
> A: Garden B: Beach C: Hiking Trail D: Horse Ranch

Another typo on the show here. Although Regis spotted the error and read
the question with proper grammar, on the screen it read badly. It said
something like "Where would be most likely find a cabana?" or something
like that. Anybody have the exact wording?

--
Scott Robinson
(if e-mailing a reply, please replace my-deja with hotmail)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/