VS Millionaire - Sept 7, 2001

vicste...@mailexcite.com

Sep 7, 2001, 10:05:29 PM9/7/01
WWTBAM viewers haven't seen Ed Toutant since January. He got into
the hotseat as time ran out on the episode that ran opposite
the Superbowl. Through the miracle of google.com, let's relive
that run.

(FLASHBACK)

Fastest Finger: Put these U.S. states in order of their total land
area, starting with the smallest.

A) Wyoming
B) New Jersey
C) South Caroline
D) Texas

BCAD is the right order. 7 get the right order, with a lot of times
under 5.00. But, Ed Toutant is in with 3.68. He failed to get into
the hotseat when he was there about a year ago. But he's here now, and
we're running low on time.

For $100: By definition, what shape is a traditional wresth?

A) Ring B) Triangle
C) Square D) Reindeer-shaped
A) Ring.

For $200: What part of a car normally makes skid marks?

A) Bumper B) Wheels
C) Windshield D) Insurance premiums

***AH-WOOOOOO***

For $300: What word means both "to silence" and a "silly trick"?

C) Gag.
Not D) Gallagher.

For $500: By definition, an abridged dictionary differs from an
unabridged one in what way?

A) More entries B) Fewer entries
C) Larger type D) Paperback

For $1000: In Jan. 2001, the U.S. Postal Service raised the price of
a first class letter from 33 cents to what?

A) 34 cents B) 35 cents C) 40 cents D) 43 cents
A) 34 cents.

For $2000: In the U.S., which of these everyday objects
frequently bears the name "Otis"?

A) Fluorescent lamp B) Elevator
C) Refrigerator D) Typewriter

B) Elevator. Good to the last drop. Or so said Looney Tunes.

For $4000: Since 1995, who has been the permanent bandleader for
the tonight show?

A) Max Weinberg B) Paul Shaffer
C) Doc Severensen D) Kevin Eubanks

D) Kevin Eubanks.

For $8000: In the 19th century, what were the Mugwumps?

A) Baseball team B) Political faction
C) Army cavalry D) Journalists

He doesn't know much about the Mugwumps, but he knows one
thing. They were a political faction. B) Final answer.

And a political faction they were.

For $16000: Scientists in England recently genetically altered what
vegetable so it glows when it needs water?

A) Potato B) Tomato
C) Cabbage D) Carrots

After some consideration, he decides to see what the audience has
to say. They don't say anything, as the quietly return a poll
result of 12-64-22-2.

He is going with the convincing audience result.

B) Tomato.

The result was convincing.

But it was also costly.

A) Potato.

Regis points out that a tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.

(END FLASHBACK)

But, Ed pointed something else out, and by doing so, the
question was thrown out.

If he had continued on that episode, he would have been going
for 1.86 million dollars. He's still playing for that
amount. And he also has his ATA lifeline restored.

For $16,000: Emmentaler is a type of what food?

A) Chocolate B) Cheese
C) Bread D) Sausage

He got his ATA lifeline back, and he's giving it back, by using
it. 16-41-9-34. The audience was ruled incorrect last time. Ed
isn't too sure, and will call up Dan, who is a humour columnist
from Colorado Springs, CO.

"Regis! My Man!" - Dan.

Ed spells out the word twice.

"Cheese." I'm very, very sure.

"I don't know what he's been drinking, but I'll be having some later
tonight"

He's going with the audience. And with Dan.
.
.
.
.
.
Would they bring someone back just to show him crashing at the
same level?

(ad break)

Regis hosts this from the studio, and he wonders aloud how Ed wold
do on an opera question.

For $32,000: What is the name of the main character in
Rossini's opera "The Barber of Seville?"

A) Figaro B) Faust
C) Don Juan D) Fiorello

He innediately rules out Faust, and Fiorello, because
the latter soounds Italian. He comes back to Figaro.

And goes with it as his final answer.
.
.
.
.
That's right!

Although the version on Buh-weet sings is quite different.

For $64,000: Which of these US States borders both Lake Superior
and Lake Huron?

A) Wisconsin B) Illinois
C) Michigan D) Ohio

He talks his way through the geography of the Great Lakes
area. He talks his way to Michigan.

The free shot is good!

For $125,000: In the Arthur Conan Doyle, what is the first name of
Sherlock Holmes' smarter brother?

A) Wendell B) Thaddeus
C) Sherman D) Mycroft

He was originally thinking that Mycroft was his rival, but then
recalled that instead was Moriarty. He knows Mycroft has
something to do with Conan Doyle.

Regis tries to convince him to use the 50/50.

Ed passes on that.

But he won't pass on giving a final answer. It will be Mycroft.
.
.
.
.
.
Mycroft does have something do with Conan Doyle.
.
.
.
.
.
He's Holmes smarter brother.

(ad break)

Regis talks about how fearless Ed was. Uh oh. You don't
suppose.....

For $250,000: Who is the subject of the Oscar-Winning 1994
documentary subtitled "A Strong Clear Vision"?

A) Simon Wiesenthal B) Harvey Milk
C) Maya Lin D) Nelson Mandela

He's recalling a documentary about Lin. But did it win
the Oscar in 1994? He'll hope so, since that's his final
answer.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
IT DID!

For $500,000: Reverse Polish notation is commonly used in which
of the following fields of study?

A) Mathematics B) Cartography
C) Linguistics D) Music theory

Ed recalls being in school when the switch was made from slide
rules to calculators. And he remembers the Hewlett-Packard
calculators using Reverse Polish notation.

A) Mathematics - Final answer.
.
.
.
.
Ed turned $1000 into
.
.
.
.
.
$500,000! He may need a calculator after all.

(ad break)

Here it comes:

For $1,860,000: During WWII, U.S. soldiers used the first
commercial aerosol cans to hold what?

A) Cleaning fluid B) Antiseptic
C) Insecticide D) Shaving Cream

He's leaning one way, and that's C) Insecticide. But since he
still has the 50/50, he's going to use it.

And C) Insecticide remains after it. A) and D), which Ed
seemed to be thinking about, remains.

Ed talks about how nobody has ever missed the 1 million dollar
question. He could be either the first to do that, or be
the last to win more than a million dollars on the show.

He told himself at home that he would guess if he reached this
level, and had the 50/50.

He's at the level.

He used the 50/50.

And he's going to give a final answer - C) Insecticide.
.
.
.
.
.
He's going to make history
.
.
.
.
.
.
And he'll do so
.
.
.
.
.
by being
.
.
.
.
.
.
THE NEXT MILLIONAIRE!

The confetti falls once again, and two cheques are presented to Ed,
one for the million, one for $860,000.

A victory lap later, we're out of here.

Meanwhile, somewhere in America, Kevin Olmstead is thinking that he is
the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
-----
The above e-mail address exists solely as a spam catcher. If
you wish to respond, do so via the newsgroup.

Dean Scungio

Sep 8, 2001, 3:02:44 AM9/8/01
. o O ( "Whoa." -Keanu Reeves )

. o O ( http://groups.google.com )

> (FLASHBACK)

DAS: . o O ( Super Bowl Sunday, 2001 )
BAP: . o O ( Airdate: 1/28/01 )
BAP: . o O ( Jackpot: $1,850,000 )

> Fastest Finger: Put these U.S. states in order of their total land
> area, starting with the smallest.
>
> A) Wyoming
> B) New Jersey
> C) South Caroline
> D) Texas
>
> BCAD is the right order.

BAP: . o O ( In square miles: 7,789; 31,113; 97,809; 266,807 )

> 7 get the right order, with a lot of times
> under 5.00. But, Ed Toutant is in with 3.68. He failed to get into
> the hotseat when he was there about a year ago. But he's here now, and
> we're running low on time.
>
> For $100: By definition, what shape is a traditional wresth?
>
> A) Ring B) Triangle
> C) Square D) Reindeer-shaped
> A) Ring.
>
> For $200: What part of a car normally makes skid marks?
>
> A) Bumper B) Wheels
> C) Windshield D) Insurance premiums
>
> ***AH-WOOOOOO***

DAS: . o O ( Date: 01/31/2001 )
DAS: . o O ( Jackpot: $1,860,000 )

> For $300: What word means both "to silence" and a "silly trick"?
>
> C) Gag.
> Not D) Gallagher.

DAS: . o O ( Gallagher uses many gags in his comedy acts. )

> For $500: By definition, an abridged dictionary differs from an
> unabridged one in what way?
>
> A) More entries B) Fewer entries
> C) Larger type D) Paperback

B. Fewer entries

> For $1000: In Jan. 2001, the U.S. Postal Service raised the price of
> a first class letter from 33 cents to what?
>
> A) 34 cents B) 35 cents C) 40 cents D) 43 cents
> A) 34 cents.

DAS: . o O ( The largest increase in the price of a U.S. first-class stamp
was made in 1991. )
DAS: . o O ( The price jumped from 25 cents to 29 cents. )

> For $2000: In the U.S., which of these everyday objects
> frequently bears the name "Otis"?
>
> A) Fluorescent lamp B) Elevator
> C) Refrigerator D) Typewriter
>
> B) Elevator.

DAS: . o O ( The Otis Elevator Company is named after Elisha Graves Otis. )
DAS: . o O ( They also make escalators and moving walkways. )

> Good to the last drop. Or so said Looney Tunes.

DAS: . o O ( Theodore Roosevelt first said Maxwell House coffee was "good to
the last drop" in 1907. )
DAS: . o O ( Warner Brothers' "Looney Tunes" cartoons said, "Th-Th-That's
All Folks!" )

> For $4000: Since 1995, who has been the permanent bandleader for
> the tonight show?
>
> A) Max Weinberg B) Paul Shaffer
> C) Doc Severensen D) Kevin Eubanks
>
> D) Kevin Eubanks.

DAS: . o O ( Kevin Eubanks replaced the departing Branford Marsalis in
1995. )
DAS: . o O ( Doc Severensen was on "The Tonight Show" from 1967 to 1992. )

> For $8000: In the 19th century, what were the Mugwumps?
>
> A) Baseball team B) Political faction
> C) Army cavalry D) Journalists
>
> He doesn't know much about the Mugwumps, but he knows one
> thing. They were a political faction. B) Final answer.

DAS: . o O ( "Mugwump" comes from a Native American word for "war leader". )

> And a political faction they were.

DAS: . o O ( "Mugwump" was a slang term for the 1884 Republicans who
deserted their party nominee, James G. Blaine, to vote for the Democratic
nominee, Grover Cleveland. )
DAS: . o O ( It's now used as a term for an independent voter. )

> For $16000: Scientists in England recently genetically altered what
> vegetable so it glows when it needs water?
>
> A) Potato B) Tomato
> C) Cabbage D) Carrots
>
> After some consideration, he decides to see what the audience has
> to say. They don't say anything, as the quietly return a poll
> result of 12-64-22-2.
>
> He is going with the convincing audience result.
>
> B) Tomato.
>
> The result was convincing.
>
> But it was also costly.
>
> A) Potato.

DAS: . o O ( Scientists injected potato plants with a fluorescence gene from
a jellyfish. )
DAS: . o O ( The potato plant's leaves glow green, not the potato itself. )
DAS: . o O ( These glowing plants are not edible. )
DAS: . o O ( They are intended to inform farmers that an entire crop needs
watering. )

> Regis points out that a tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.
>
> (END FLASHBACK)
>
> But, Ed pointed something else out, and by doing so, the
> question was thrown out.

. o O ( Ed found out that... )
. o O ( 1. The potato research was done in Scotland, not England. )
. o O ( 2. The leaves of the plant glowed, not the potato itself as the
question seemed to imply. )
. o O ( 3. The glow could only be seen under ultraviolet light. )
. o O ( 4. The glow was invisible to the human eye and required special
equipment to see it. )
. o O ( Ed even contacted a professor from Oxford University to assist
him. )
. o O ( All his research proved that the question was flawed, so he's back
tonight. )

. o O ( Ed could have argued that the tomato is also a correct answer. )
. o O ( http://www.ohiou.edu/perspectives/9902/arabic_main.html )

> If he had continued on that episode, he would have been going
> for 1.86 million dollars. He's still playing for that
> amount.

. o O ( Tape date: 6/26/2001 )
. o O ( Airdate: 9/7/2001 )
. o O ( Jackpot: $1,860,000 )

> And he also has his ATA lifeline restored.
>
> For $16,000: Emmentaler is a type of what food?
>
> A) Chocolate B) Cheese
> C) Bread D) Sausage
>
> He got his ATA lifeline back, and he's giving it back, by using
> it. 16-41-9-34. The audience was ruled incorrect last time.

. o O ( They also picked B. the last time. )

> Ed isn't too sure, and will call up Dan, who is a humour columnist
> from Colorado Springs, CO.
>
> "Regis! My Man!" - Dan.
>
> Ed spells out the word twice.

. o O ( "E-m-m-e-n-t-a-l-e-r" )
. o O ( "E-m-m-e-n-t-a-l-e-r" )

> "Cheese." I'm very, very sure.
>
> "I don't know what he's been drinking, but I'll be having some later
> tonight"

Wine with cheese, perhaps?

> He's going with the audience. And with Dan.

. o O ( On-air time to answer: 2:47 )
. o O ( Ed calls B. his "ultimate response." )

> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> Would they bring someone back just to show him crashing at the
> same level?

. o O ( It's a popular Swiss hard cheese. )
. o O ( http://goswitzerland.about.com/library/graphics/emmentaler.jpg )

> (ad break)
>
> Regis hosts this from the studio, and he wonders aloud how Ed wold
> do on an opera question.

What's this? Regis doing play-by-play commentary?

. o O ( Next week, WWTBAM will host yet another celebrity edition... )
. o O ( ...this time with famous sports stars. )
. o O ( It will debut next Monday before "Monday Night Football." )
. o O ( No members of the MNF play-by-play crew will be there. )

> For $32,000: What is the name of the main character in
> Rossini's opera "The Barber of Seville?"
>
> A) Figaro B) Faust
> C) Don Juan D) Fiorello
>
> He innediately rules out Faust, and Fiorello, because
> the latter soounds Italian. He comes back to Figaro.
>
> And goes with it as his final answer.

. o O ( On-air time to answer: 1:31 )

> .
> .
> .
> .
> That's right!

. o O ( Fiorello was a musician in "The Barber of Seville." )

> Although the version on Buh-weet sings is quite different.

. o O ( The free guess... )

> For $64,000: Which of these US States borders both Lake Superior
> and Lake Huron?
>
> A) Wisconsin B) Illinois
> C) Michigan D) Ohio

. o O ( A faulty $64,000 question about the Great Lakes caused contestant
David Honea to return for a second chance in August 1999. )
. o O ( He stopped with $125,000. )

> He talks his way through the geography of the Great Lakes
> area. He talks his way to Michigan.
>
> The free shot is good!

. o O ( Wisconsin: Lake Michigan and Lake Superior )
. o O ( Illinois: Lake Michigan )
. o O ( Michigan: Lakes Michigan, Superior, Huron and Erie )
. o O ( Ohio: Lake Erie )

. o O ( $32,000 at risk... )

> For $125,000: In the Arthur Conan Doyle, what is the first name of
> Sherlock Holmes' smarter brother?
>
> A) Wendell B) Thaddeus
> C) Sherman D) Mycroft
>
> He was originally thinking that Mycroft was his rival, but then
> recalled that instead was Moriarty. He knows Mycroft has
> something to do with Conan Doyle.
>
> Regis tries to convince him to use the 50/50.
>
> Ed passes on that.
>
> But he won't pass on giving a final answer. It will be Mycroft.

. o O ( On-air time to answer: 1:24 )

> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> Mycroft does have something do with Conan Doyle.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> He's Holmes smarter brother.

. o O ( He is also seven years older than Sherlock. )

. o O ( Mycroft appeared as a major character in two stories... )
. o O ( "The Greek Interpreter" and "The Bruce-Partington Plans" )
. o O ( He had a small role in "The Final Problem"... )
. o O ( ...and was mentioned in "The Empty House." )

> (ad break)
>
> Regis talks about how fearless Ed was. Uh oh. You don't
> suppose.....

. o O ( $93,000 at risk... )

> For $250,000: Who is the subject of the Oscar-Winning 1994
> documentary subtitled "A Strong Clear Vision"?
>
> A) Simon Wiesenthal B) Harvey Milk
> C) Maya Lin D) Nelson Mandela
>
> He's recalling a documentary about Lin. But did it win
> the Oscar in 1994?

. o O ( The Oscar ceremony was held on March 27, 1995. )

> He'll hope so, since that's his final answer.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> IT DID!

. o O ( The documentary chronicles Lin's career as an architect/sculptor. )
. o O ( Lin is best known for creating the Vietnam Memorial in Washington,
DC. )
. o O ( The majority of the film focuses on the development of that
project. )

. o O ( $218,000 at risk... )

> For $500,000: Reverse Polish notation is commonly used in which
> of the following fields of study?
>
> A) Mathematics B) Cartography
> C) Linguistics D) Music theory
>
> Ed recalls being in school when the switch was made from slide
> rules to calculators. And he remembers the Hewlett-Packard
> calculators using Reverse Polish notation.
>
> A) Mathematics - Final answer.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> Ed turned $1000 into
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> $500,000! He may need a calculator after all.

. o O ( "$499,000 $1,000 +" )

I graduated from college with a Math major and a Computer Science minor, so
I knew this cold.

. o O ( http://www.hpmuseum.org/rpn.htm )
. o O ( It was created as a way to write expressions without parentheses. )
. o O ( The "infix notation" expression "(3+6)*2" could be transformed
into... )
. o O ( Polish/prefix notation: "* 2 + 3 6" or "* + 3 6 2" )
. o O ( Reverse Polish/postfix notation: "3 6 + 2 *" or "2 3 6 + *" )
. o O ( Early computers and calculators were found to be more efficient by
calculating expressions using Reverse Polish notation. )

> (ad break)
>
> Here it comes:

. o O ( For the 31st time ever in the history of this U.S. version...)
. o O ( $468,000 at risk... )

> For $1,860,000: During WWII, U.S. soldiers used the first
> commercial aerosol cans to hold what?
>
> A) Cleaning fluid B) Antiseptic
> C) Insecticide D) Shaving Cream

. o O ( A small graphic of the figure "$1,860,000" appears over the
upper-left corner of the question. )

I believe I've seen a similar graphic in a clip of the Japanese version of
"Millionaire." Can anyone confirm this?

> He's leaning one way, and that's C) Insecticide. But since he
> still has the 50/50, he's going to use it.
>
> And C) Insecticide remains after it. A) and D), which Ed
> seemed to be thinking about, remains.
>
> Ed talks about how nobody has ever missed the 1 million dollar
> question.

. o O ( A wrong answer would give him "$500,000 $468,000 -". )

> He could be either the first to do that, or be
> the last to win more than a million dollars on the show.

. o O ( After Kevin Olmstead's $2,180,000 win on 4/10/2001, the progressive
jackpot was discontinued. )

> He told himself at home that he would guess if he reached this
> level, and had the 50/50.
>
> He's at the level.
>
> He used the 50/50.

Regis: I gotta ask you more time--you know what I'm going to ask you, Ed.
Your back's against the wall. You can't go any further than this. For the
last time tonight, you're gonna hear me say, "Is that your final answer?"

> And he's going to give a final answer - C) Insecticide.

. o O ( That is his "ultimate response." )
. o O ( On-air time to answer: 3:41 )

Regis: GOT IT!

. o O ( In 1941, chemist Lyle D. Goodhue and entomologist William N.
Sullivan patented the first aerosol insecticide while working for the U.S.
Department of Agriculture. )
. o O ( U.S. soldiers in WWII carried the insecticide aerosol cans to
protect themselves from mosquitoes carrying malaria. )
. o O ( These cans were nicknamed "bug bombs." )

> The confetti falls once again, and two cheques are presented to Ed,
> one for the million, one for $860,000.

. o O ( "$1,000,000 $860,000 +" )

. o O ( Ed Toutant is the ninth person to correctly answer Question #15 on
the U.S. version of WWTBAM. )

It's my turn to be #10!

. o O ( Current Q#15 record, excluding special shows: 9-0-18 )
. o O ( That is: 9 "Millionaires," 18 $500,000 winners, and no Q#15
crash-and-burns. )
. o O ( The special $500,000 winners list includes Drew Carey, Rosie
O'Donnell, Norm Macdonald, and Rob & Mary Beth McNeely on a special
"Couples" edition. )
. o O ( ...making the full complete Q#15 record: 9-0-22. )

> A victory lap later, we're out of here.

Hey, I was going to do a victory lap if I ever won!

> Meanwhile, somewhere in America, Kevin Olmstead is thinking that he is
> the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Yeah, wow. Think about it: if Ed won before Kevin did, then Kevin may not
have the extra $1,180,000 in his pocket.

> -----
> The above e-mail address exists solely as a spam catcher. If
> you wish to respond, do so via the newsgroup.

MY COMMENTS:
When a contestant is invited back to WWTBAM, they usually don't show it
because the player then gives up on the next question. However, I knew
something was up when they purposely gave Ed a half-hour of ABC's airtime.
I figured he would get $125,000 or $250,000 and that's it. I never expected
the big one.

From watching his performance, I think Ed deserves the money and the win.
I'm not jealous at all. His new $16,000 question was a tough, uncommon
question and I don't blame him for burning two lifelines on it. IMO, the
$32,000 and $64,000 questions were easy. The $125,000 "Mycroft Holmes"
question is tricky to gauge in difficulty because while the name "Mycroft"
is associated with Sherlock Holmes, he was only seen or mentioned in very
few works. The $250,000 question was difficult unless you could somehow
associate the subtitle of the film with Lin's work (or if you've seen or
heard of the film before). The $500,000 question would be very difficult
for an average player, but since this was an engineer in the Hot seat, he
naturally aced it. The two remaining answers for the $1MQ were both
plausible, but Ed had the guts to risk it all. I don't think his stack was
too easy, like some people here on alt.tv.game-shows said.

Congratulations, Ed! Now let's update that Winners List!

Taken from Steve Beverly's page: . o O ( http://www.tvgameshows.net )

1. Dr. Kevin Olmstead, "WWTBAM", ABC, April 10, 2001, $2,180,000.
2. Ed Toutant, "WWTBAM", ABC, Jan. 31, 2001 & Sept. 7, 2001, $1,860,000.
3. Lt. David Legler, "Twenty-One", NBC, Feb. 9-14-16, 2000, $1,765,000.
4. Curtis Warren, "Greed", Fox, Nov. 18, 1999 & Feb. 11, 2000, $1,410,000.
5. John Carpenter, "WWTBAM", ABC, Nov. 19, 1999 & May 24-25, 2000,
$1,125,000.
6. Rahim Oberholtzer, "Twenty-One", NBC, Feb. 2, 2000, $1,120,000.
7. Dr. Tim Hsieh, "It's Your Chance of a Lifetime", Fox, June 8, 2000,
$1,042,309.16
8. Joe Trela, "WWTBAM", ABC, Mar. 23, 2000 & May 21, 2000, $1,000,500.
8. Dan Blonsky, "WWTBAM", ABC, Jan. 18, 2000 & May 23, 2000, $1,000,500.
10. Tina Wesson, "Survivor 2", CBS, May 3, 2001, $1 million.
10. Bernie Cullen, "WWTBAM", ABC, April 15, 2001, $1 million.
10. Richard Hatch, "Survivor", CBS, Aug. 23, 2000, $1 million.
10. David Goodman, "WWTBAM", ABC, July 11, 2000, $1 million.
10. Kim Hunt, "WWTBAM", ABC, July 6, 2000, $1 million.
10. Bob House, "WWTBAM", ABC, June 13, 2000, $1 million.

. o O ( "Pop-Up Video" is a trademark of VH-1, Viacom and Spin the Bottle
Productions. )

. o O ( POP! )

--
Dean Scungio
dscu...@worldnet.att.net

"It's not how much we give away,
it's the way we do it." -Monty Hall

Eugene Kim

Sep 8, 2001, 4:32:12 AM9/8/01
Dean Scungio wrote:

Not that it matters, but you'll recall that the question referred to Arthur
Conan Doyle NOVELS. Did Mycroft Holmes appear in any of the Sherlock Holmes
novels? (I know he wasn't in "A Study in Scarlet" or "The Sign of Four." It's
elementary.)

Russell Alderson

Sep 11, 2001, 10:59:28 AM9/11/01
Thus spake Dscungio (pop-upping Vic, of course):

: > .

--8<--- bug bombs

: > The confetti falls once again, and two cheques are presented to Ed,

: > one for the million, one for $860,000.

: . o O ( "$1,000,000 $860,000 +" )

: . o O ( Ed Toutant is the ninth person to correctly answer Question
: #15 on the U.S. version of WWTBAM. )
:
: It's my turn to be #10!

--8<--- regular q15 record 9-0-18, specials 0-0-4

: > A victory lap later, we're out of here.

:
: Hey, I was going to do a victory lap if I ever won!

Ed went around counterclockwise, didn't he? Heh heh, that's an
engineer for ya--even his victory lap was reverse-Polish.

/\/ QWKRR128 V5.10 [R]