Let's Make a Deal on NBC

James Vipond

Mar 4, 2003, 11:04:13 AM3/4/03

Zach Horan

Mar 4, 2003, 11:22:32 AM3/4/03

>If anyone is interested, the new _Let's_Make_a_Deal_ starts tonight
>(March 4) on NBC. I'd still rather see _Concentration_ in prime time.

COncentration would be nice, but LMAD is a good choice for a revival. Seems to
be a more edgy version than any LMAD revival we've had so far(except possibly
Fox's Big Deal in 1996), but still.

The_Big_Show

Mar 4, 2003, 12:07:13 PM3/4/03

"Zach Horan" <zach...@aol.com> wrote in message

> COncentration would be nice, but LMAD is a good choice for a revival.
Seems to
> be a more edgy version than any LMAD revival we've had so far(except
possibly
> Fox's Big Deal in 1996), but still.

Edgy, indeed -- the trailer showing one of those huge demolition balls
plowing into a new car surprised me. I still recall that one game from "Big
Deal" where the host dared a contestant to smash up his own car (I think
there was a 30-second clock), and if there was more than 50% damage than the
"black book" value, he'd win a new car. He more than totalled the old
clunker -- I think it was $6000 damage on a car that was only worth $2500.

--
The Big Show
Ceilidh. C-E-I-L-I-D-H. An informal gathering with music, dancing, etc.

SpinMaster808

Mar 4, 2003, 11:56:45 PM3/4/03
After viewing the first episode on NBC, I must say that the costumes were as
outlandish as ever, the prizes were very big-ticket for primetime, and the
models were hotsy-totsies. However, the host, Billy Bush, looked as if he was
forced to read from the cue cards, making the show's pacing as fast as Heinz
Ketchup.

Overall, I give it a seven out of ten, (with one point given for the host).

DFW Greg03

Mar 5, 2003, 7:54:25 PM3/5/03
I have a different perspective. I thought he did an excellent job for this
being the first show. He got excited with the contestants. He kept the show
moving.

What I didn't like was the announcer. It seemed like everything was dubbed in
afterwards.