Best episode ever

Chris ®

Jun 1, 2003, 7:32:51 PM6/1/03
Even better than "Luck Of The Fryish". The ending threw me for a loop.

Fuck FOX for killing such a quality show.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one
behind me" - General George S. Patton.

GeoBQn

Jun 1, 2003, 7:56:54 PM6/1/03
That was pretty emotional. I was very nearly teary eyed at the end.

Zeverken

Jun 1, 2003, 8:06:11 PM6/1/03
Dude...

Futurama keeps doing it! The last few episodes are really great. The
romance between Fry and Leela is just beautiful true love meant to be...

During the funeral scene... everyone was there, I mean EVERYONE, the
water-beings, the Amazonians, even the friggin' pizzeria-aliens, but where
were Zapp and Kiff????? Kiff and Amy should have been there together!

Cheerio!
Aster

Exatron

Jun 1, 2003, 8:27:06 PM6/1/03
Zeverken wrote:

> During the funeral scene... everyone was there, I mean EVERYONE, the
> water-beings, the Amazonians, even the friggin' pizzeria-aliens, but
> where were Zapp and Kiff????? Kiff and Amy should have been there
> together!

Even the radiator woman from the radiator planet was there.

--
Exatron
"Observe everything, remember even more." - Hound

The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein

Legion1979

Jun 1, 2003, 8:37:21 PM6/1/03
Dont forget Gunter. Would have been funny if he had said something though.

Dennis Bliefernicht

Jun 1, 2003, 9:01:56 PM6/1/03
Chris Ž wrote:
> Even better than "Luck Of The Fryish". The ending threw me for a loop.

fullack. This one had a really nice (though somehow weird) story line
AND great humour. I especially liked the story, great work. Kinda
could be my favourite for now :)

Crash7

Jun 1, 2003, 9:52:45 PM6/1/03
This episode was everything I love about Futurama. It was funny, and
at the same time sweet, sentimental and romantic. A virtually perfect
episode.

Crash7
remove x's from address to email

Brion K. Lienhart

Jun 1, 2003, 10:28:41 PM6/1/03

"Chris ®" <headban...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Even better than "Luck Of The Fryish". The ending threw me for a loop.
>
> Fuck FOX for killing such a quality show.

Hermes said it for me.
"Sweet three-toed sloth of ice-planet Hoth."

Damn you FOX!!!!!

UsualNoise

Jun 1, 2003, 10:42:27 PM6/1/03
headban...@webtv.net (Chris Ž) wrote in news:17516-3EDA8D23-193
@storefull-2238.public.lawson.webtv.net:

> Even better than "Luck Of The Fryish". The ending threw me for a loop.

It was a truly great episode. Knowing the end of the series is coming,
episodes like this make me glad to have known this fabulous show.

Thank you David & Matt!!
--
UsualNoise

Eric

Jun 1, 2003, 11:26:15 PM6/1/03
I haven't had a chance to rewatch the episode but was Cubert at the funeral?
That pig nosed little punk!

Alan Hamilton

Jun 2, 2003, 2:32:33 AM6/2/03
On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 23:26:15 -0400, Eric <tcy...@erols.com> wrote:

>I haven't had a chance to rewatch the episode but was Cubert at the funeral?
>That pig nosed little punk!

Cubert and Dwight were in the second row.
--
/
/ * / Alan Hamilton

Samuel Barber

Jun 2, 2003, 2:39:44 AM6/2/03
headban...@webtv.net (Chris Ž) wrote in message news:<17516-3ED...@storefull-2238.public.lawson.webtv.net>...

> Even better than "Luck Of The Fryish". The ending threw me for a loop.

Excellent episode.

> Fuck FOX for killing such a quality show.

yep

Hey, anyone know if there is another "Anthology of Interest" episode
in the can? Those are great. The Futurama equivilent of The Simpsons
Halloween episodes.

Sam

Rev. Bleech_

Jun 2, 2003, 3:15:47 AM6/2/03
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 02:06:11 +0200, "Zeverken" <zeve...@hotmail.com>
spewed forth:

>Dude...
>
>Futurama keeps doing it! The last few episodes are really great. The
>romance between Fry and Leela is just beautiful true love meant to be...
>
>During the funeral scene... everyone was there, I mean EVERYONE, the
>water-beings, the Amazonians, even the friggin' pizzeria-aliens,

And Gunther was half in frame, heh
--
=-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-==-=-=
BleechWorld : Too Fly to Die - http://bleechworld.cjb.net

X is for XERXES devoured by mice.

Floyd Code : v1.2a r FU 0/0/r FD 0- 0 Animals/WYWH 46 368 28.3% <24mar03>

David Johnson

Jun 2, 2003, 3:34:32 AM6/2/03
Like the "Wizzin" segment of AOI2, this episode unexpectedly threw Leela
into a world of weird, wild surrealism and the series tends to do that
well. It actually had me wondering if Fry really died and that this was
meant to be the last episode, shown prematurely.

And I'm glad this episode got the business with the space bees more of
less out of the way in the first 10 minutes instead of continuing it
throughout the entire show. That gigantic hive with all those bees
hovering around the entrance creeped me out big time...and the crew
actually (gulp!) had to go in there. I can't ever sit through "Song Of
The South" with all those beehive shots they thrust at the audience (I'd
seen occasional bits and pieces of it on a couple of Disney-produced
shows), and I remember actually letting out a scream in a theatre where
"Extremities" with Farrah Fawcett was playing when a shot of a big wasp
nest filled the screen without warning.

Heck, there used to be a TV commercial between 1969 and 1971 for Black
Flag insecticide that opened with a close up shot of a hornet's nest
encased in a cage that an announcer sprayed with the stuff, then an hour
later he could pick it up with his bare hands. Never knew when it would
turn up--scary.

--David Johnson

Doug Tabacco

Jun 2, 2003, 3:26:02 AM6/2/03
"Samuel Barber" <ope...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hey, anyone know if there is another "Anthology of Interest" episode
> in the can? Those are great. The Futurama equivilent of The Simpsons
> Halloween episodes.

Nope, none. http://www.tvtome.com/Futurama has an episode list with the
remaining episode summaries (WARNING: SPOILERS!)
--
Doug Tabacco
http://www.dougtabacco.com

Tim Smith

Jun 2, 2003, 4:27:38 AM6/2/03
In article <uculdvsiopkp7fto0...@4ax.com>, Rev Bleech_ wrote:
> And Gunther was half in frame, heh

Gunther was fine on my TV. Better check your overscan. :-)

--
Evidence Eliminator is worthless: www.evidence-eliminator-sucks.com
--Tim Smith

Rev. Bleech_

Jun 2, 2003, 5:35:43 AM6/2/03
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 02:34:32 -0500 (CDT), bluffs...@webtv.net
(David Johnson) spewed forth:

>Like the "Wizzin" segment of AOI2, this episode unexpectedly threw Leela
>into a world of weird, wild surrealism and the series tends to do that
>well. It actually had me wondering if Fry really died and that this was
>meant to be the last episode, shown prematurely.

I thought the same thing. "Hell, if they're dragging out THIS many
meta-references, it may very well be for real."

You know, showing this and 'The Why of Fry' only seems to be rubbing
salt in the wound.

>I remember actually letting out a scream in a theatre where
>"Extremities" with Farrah Fawcett was playing when a shot of a big wasp
>nest filled the screen without warning.

A little hint : never read (or watch the miniseries) of 'The Shining'
then.

--
=-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-==-=-=
BleechWorld : Too Fly to Die - http://bleechworld.cjb.net
To e-mail me, nevermind the BOLLOCKS | Yar. FOAD.
=-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-==-=-=

"GEBEN SIE MIR IHR HALLPASS, VERBÜNDETEN FUCKER DER SCHWEIN!!!!!"

Lee Ratner

Jun 2, 2003, 7:24:25 AM6/2/03
Dennis Bliefernicht <itsme....@triphoenix.de> wrote in message news:<bbe7nf$85ano$1...@ID-163150.news.dfncis.de>...

The animation in the Sting was of stunningly high quality. I felt
this episode had the best animation in the entire series. The Why of
Fry was a very close second in animation quality.

Chris ®

Jun 2, 2003, 9:40:51 AM6/2/03
>Even better than "Luck Of The Fryish".
>The ending threw me for a loop.

Actually I meant better than "Parasites Lost", my former favorite
episode.

Freddy Paulsen

Jun 2, 2003, 1:35:10 PM6/2/03
Did anyone see the fossil of Seamore (his dog) under the coffin ?

--

-------

Homepage : http://home.online.no/~fred-pau

<--A Serials 2000/DTG Serials mirror site-->

--------------------------------
Spammers : Harvest these e-mails : ab...@online.no ab...@hotmail.com
ab...@aol.com ab...@prontomail.com
--------------------------------
"Zeverken" <zeve...@hotmail.com> skrev i melding

Freddy Paulsen

Jun 2, 2003, 1:56:43 PM6/2/03
Here's the lineup :
Terry greating him goodbye (from the world of tomorrow). Scruffy playing
bagpipes.
On the right side : (from left to right)
1 st row : Chester A Arthur, Amy, Leela, The professor, Bender and Gunther.
2 nd row : Cubert, Dwight, La barbara, Hermes, Mrs and mr Wong
3 rd row : Two neptunians, the guy that was too lazy from "the series has
landed"
5 th row : Amazonian woman
4 th row : The radiator from "the lesser of two evils",Petunia, the woman
from the "Hip Joint", Mrs Morgan and Michelle

On the left side : (From right to left)
1 st row : Zoidberg and ?
2 nd row : ?, ? and ?
3 rd row : Leelas former boss
--

-------

Homepage : http://home.online.no/~fred-pau

<--A Serials 2000/DTG Serials mirror site-->

--------------------------------
Spammers : Harvest these e-mails : ab...@online.no ab...@hotmail.com
ab...@aol.com ab...@prontomail.com
--------------------------------
"Zeverken" <zeve...@hotmail.com> skrev i melding

Dennis Bliefernicht

Jun 2, 2003, 2:41:17 PM6/2/03
Freddy Paulsen wrote:
> On the left side : (From right to left)
> 2 nd row : ?, ? and ?

I think two of them were the Signoids from "A Leela of her own"

Roronoa Zoro

Jun 2, 2003, 3:08:10 PM6/2/03

"Zeverken" <zeve...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Dude...
>
> Futurama keeps doing it! The last few episodes are really great. The
> romance between Fry and Leela is just beautiful true love meant to be...

The shows ending with a bang, which is okay by be.

Roronoa Zoro

Jun 2, 2003, 3:09:30 PM6/2/03

"Freddy Paulsen" <fr...@spray.no> wrote in message

> Here's the lineup :
> Terry greating him goodbye (from the world of tomorrow). Scruffy playing
> bagpipes.

Playing "Walking on sunshine"

Crash7

Jun 2, 2003, 7:45:50 PM6/2/03

I won't be too upset about the show ending as long as they bring some
nice closure to everything. Of course, any ending that does NOT
involve Fry and Leela living happily ever after together will be
unacceptable. :)

My own take on The Sting: It's definitely my new favorite Fry/Leela
episode. It was everything I love about the show. It was poignant,
touching, romantic, even sad at times, but still managed to be very
funny. And when I noticed (2nd viewing) that little candy heart from
the Love and Rockets episode in her "Memories of Fry" box, it kinda
choked me up.

Proginoskes

Jun 2, 2003, 7:58:10 PM6/2/03
> The ending threw me for a loop.

You may want to check out Philip K. Dick's _Ubik_ (1969) then, and maybe
_Eye in the Sky_ (1955, not based on the APP song) (spoilers below).
PhKD found LOTS of ways to throw people for a loop ...
-- Christopher Heckman

Spoiler coming up ...

I may have some of the details wrong, but the general plot goes like:
In _Ubik_, a team of people goes on some kind of secret mission, and
they all get killed (although you don't find this out until the end).
The group, minus the leader, experiences a group hallucination that
the leader is dead. However, the leader keeps sending "reminders" that
he isn't really dead, such as making his face appear on their money.
There are also indications that the team's time is running out, such
as stale cigarettes and an out-of-date phonebook. Eventually, the team
rescues the leader and they go home. The leader pulls out some money
a day or so later and notices one of the teammember's picture on the
money.

_Eye in the Sky_ also involves group hallucination, with a few twists
as well: A group of people awakens in the world according to one of
the groupmembers, where superstition and magic(k) influence reality
more than physical laws.

Preston N

Jun 3, 2003, 4:53:56 AM6/3/03
This is why I love Futurama: it's a funny, twisted satire of pop-culture
but with very real emotional meanings.. you know.. kinda like what the
Simpsons USED TO BE.

Brion K. Lienhart

Jun 3, 2003, 1:34:42 PM6/3/03
"Preston N" <captb...@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote in message

> This is why I love Futurama: it's a funny, twisted satire of pop-culture
> but with very real emotional meanings.. you know.. kinda like what the
> Simpsons USED TO BE.

"Why am I all sticky and naked? Did I miss something fun?"

Matthew Miller

Jun 3, 2003, 8:06:45 PM6/3/03
Lee Ratner <czar...@aol.com> wrote:
> The animation in the Sting was of stunningly high quality. I felt
>this episode had the best animation in the entire series. The Why of
>Fry was a very close second in animation quality.

Lotsa CG in this one....

--
Matthew Miller mat...@mattdm.org <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux ------> <http://linux.bu.edu/>

Matthew Miller

Jun 3, 2003, 8:07:55 PM6/3/03
Proginoskes <progi...@email.msn.com> wrote:
>headban...@webtv.net (Chris Ž) wrote in message news:<17516-3ED...@storefull-2238.public.lawson.webtv.net>...
>> The ending threw me for a loop.
>You may want to check out Philip K. Dick's _Ubik_ (1969) then, and maybe
>_Eye in the Sky_ (1955, not based on the APP song) (spoilers below).
>PhKD found LOTS of ways to throw people for a loop ...

Also, the recent movie Waking Life.

Benjamin Robinson

Jun 4, 2003, 12:33:33 AM6/4/03
In alt.tv.futurama, on the "Re: Best episode ever" thread, UsualNoise wrote:

>It was a truly great episode. Knowing the end of the series is coming,
>episodes like this make me glad to have known this fabulous show.

I have to agree with most of the other people here: "The Sting" is arguably
"Futurama's" best episode so far. It was so beautifully balanced. It had
an excellent science fiction foundation, giving us an exciting hive chase,
showing us inventive dream sequences, and making us question whether what we
were seeing was real or not. (I've seen other shows that had broadly the
same plot, but "The Sting" was different enough not to seem derivative.) On
the other hand, it was so touching to watch Fry's devotion to Leela.
Watching it a second time, I noticed that some of Fry's dialogue seemed to
be, word for word, something he might say to a coma victim he was trying to
will back to waking reality. In all, a superior episode from a series that
itself set the bar pretty high. Up until recently, my opinion was that the
very best episodes of "The Simpsons" edged the best "Futurama" shows, but
this episode and the one where Bender becomes God to a mini-race of people
rank right up there with MG's other show.

DYN: Fry's jet-pack was on upside-down. Okay, that was pretty obvious when
he fired it, but the interesting thing is, it was *consistently* drawn
upside-down right from the start.
--
Benjamin Robinson bj...@freenet.tlh.fl.us
This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to decide

Crash7

Jun 4, 2003, 10:53:25 AM6/4/03
On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 04:33:33 GMT, bj...@freenet.tlh.fl.us (Benjamin
Robinson) wrote:

>DYN: Fry's jet-pack was on upside-down. Okay, that was pretty obvious when
>he fired it, but the interesting thing is, it was *consistently* drawn
>upside-down right from the start.

Yeah, I noticed that on a second viewing. I saw a lot of things on
subsequent viewings that I missed. I didn't see the candy heart in
her Memories of Fry box the first time. That was very touching. And
others probably caught this but I missed it, when Leela woke up in the
hospital, Fry's jacket was draped around her shoulders. I guess
that's why she dreamt about it. Very sweet.

Impossible

Jun 4, 2003, 3:21:28 PM6/4/03
I haven't seen this episode yet, possibly will within a few days, but
looking at the reviews so far it looks fantastic :)

Homyguy Z

Jun 4, 2003, 9:49:35 PM6/4/03

"Crash7" <xscott...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

The stress-relief doll is sitting next to her bed as well.

-Homyguy Z

Impossible

Jun 7, 2003, 12:03:56 PM6/7/03
I got to see this episode today, and it is one of the best I've ever
seen. It ranks up high in the weepy episodes, and it managed to be sad
but comical at the same time, which is one reason why I love the show.
It had brilliant writing and wonderful colour and animation. It's
episodes like this which make me sad to see the show go.

arkappling

Jun 7, 2003, 2:47:28 PM6/7/03
Yeah, the Sting was awesome, but I also liked that one where Leela finds out
her mom and dad are mutants. That last scene with the song playing, showing
how her parents had always been there (leaving cookies, birthday presents,
stopping her from falling down the orphanarium stairs as a baby), is totally
awesome as well. Amen! I, too, am so glad I got to know this show. Bender
will forever be an important part of my personality.

"Impossible" <mercu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

That Guy

Jun 9, 2003, 3:41:08 PM6/9/03

"Eric" <tcy...@erols.com> wrote in message
> I haven't had a chance to rewatch the episode but was Cubert at the
funeral?
> That pig nosed little punk!

He was, but even if he wasn't, you can't blame him. It was Leela's dream,
after all.

mike...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2015, 11:43:28 PM4/17/15
I'll tell you where Zapp and Kif are, they are probably back at the Nimbus.