Why is Eloise Porter in the NearDeathStar?

grosse

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
> Since Dr. F is 160 years old, the date must be 3001 (one year after
> Fry's arrival). That would make Eloise Porter only 145 years old...
> far too young to be a 'guest' of the NearDeathStar.
>
> Any ideas? (Yes, I know it's a cartoon.)

Clerical error?

Wikkit

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
In article <100420002134499227%Newsgrou...@John-Wasser.com>, John
Wasser <Newsgrou...@John-Wasser.com> wrote:

>-While playing with my new VCR with the Jog/Shuttle remote (now I can
>-jog in bed) I noticed the two drawers to the left of Dr. Fransworth:
>-
>- 7150
>- Ava Porter
>- b. 2790 d. Soon
>-
>- 7151
>- Eloise Porter
>- b. 2856 d. Soon
>-
>- 7152
>- Hubert J. Fransworth
>- b. 2841 d. Soon
>-
>-Since Dr. F is 160 years old, the date must be 3001 (one year after
>-Fry's arrival). That would make Eloise Porter only 145 years old...
>-far too young to be a 'guest' of the NearDeathStar.
>-
>-Any ideas? (Yes, I know it's a cartoon.)

Perhaps they are put in when they reach 160 or are terminal. Although, at
160, everyone would be terminal...

Ben late...@usa.net http://www.netins.net/showcase/benssite/
Want to know what this is? http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/

MuscaDomestica

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00

John Wasser wrote:,
>the date must be 3001 (one year after Fry's arrival).

Also last weeks episode about Lela being one year late from work... It
looks like time transpires in the Futurama universe!

-Musca domestica

John Wasser

Lyle McDonald

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00

I think your answer is right above. Note that by the letter 'd' it says
soon. I'd take that to mean that neither of them are dead *yet*, but
will be 'soon'.

Lyle

Lyle McDonald

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00

D'oh, I really need to work on my reading comprehension.

Just noticed that Farnsworth's death is also listed as 'soon' so you can
ignore my initial blathering since it's pretty obviously wrong.

Lyle

Lithium73

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
I guess Ava Porter must have been on the Near-Death Star for a
while...

wdg...@home.com

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
Wikkit wrote:

> Perhaps they are put in when they reach 160 or are terminal. Although, at
> 160, everyone would be terminal...

At birth, everyone is terminal. Time and circumstances TBA.
--
Ward Griffiths wdg...@home.com http://members.home.net/wdg3rd/

"No matter how deep you've buried it, never underestimate the ability
of shit to find a fan" F. Paul Wilson, _Legacies_

DixieSubmarine

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
> 7150
> Ava Porter
> b. 2790 d. Soon
>
> 7151
> Eloise Porter
> b. 2856 d. Soon

I don't know the answer to that but I would just like to say that i AM Ava
Porter and my sister is Eloise Porter and we were very excited to see our names
fly past the screen. My brother-in-law is a writer for the show and somehow
they decided to use the names of my sister and myself. Just to let you all
know our actual ages, my sister is 12 and I am 15.

Ben Mann

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00

Now you can appear as a guest at comic book conventions and stuff.
("Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con!")

Ben Mann / buck...@concentric.net
AS/ATSS for concentric!

grosse

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00
"DixieSubmarine" <dixiesu...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > 7150
> > Ava Porter
> > b. 2790 d. Soon
> >
> > 7151
> > Eloise Porter
> > b. 2856 d. Soon
> >

> I don't know the answer to that but I would just like to say that i AM Ava
> Porter and my sister is Eloise Porter and we were very excited to see our
names
> fly past the screen. My brother-in-law is a writer for the show and
somehow
> they decided to use the names of my sister and myself. Just to let you
all
> know our actual ages, my sister is 12 and I am 15.

Wow. This, for some reason, is the single greatest revelation ever seen on
this NG.

Maybe you could nag him about it at the next family reunion.

Mar 27, 2022, 9:12:56 PM3/27/22
Huh.