Dead (again): Futurama

Tim J.

Apr 22, 2013, 6:42:13 PM4/22/13
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/futurama-cancelled-by-comedy-central-1200406963/

"Futurama" is coming to an end--again.

Comedy Central confirmed today that this summer’s new season of the
toon laffer will be its last. The series finale is slated for Sept. 4.

Sci-fi comedy, created by Matt Groening and produced by 20th Century
Fox, debuted initially on Fox in 1999 and ran on the net until 2003.
Reruns ran on Cartoon Network, and in 2009 Comedy Central revived the
show with new halfhour episodes.

The first half of the seventh and final season aired last summer, and
the 13-episode second half will kickoff on June 19 at 10 p.m.

By its series finale, "Futurama" will have logged 140 episodes during
its run.

"Futurama," which centers on a quirky group of friends living in "New
New York" during the 31st century, has earned several Emmys in
animation categories, including Outstanding Animated Program.

Final season guest stars will include Larry Bird, Dan Castellaneta,
Sarah Silverman, George Takei, Adam West and Burt Ward

tr...@iwvisp.com

Apr 22, 2013, 7:55:09 PM4/22/13
On Apr 22, 3:42 pm, Tim J. <tj66...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/futurama-cancelled-by-comedy-central-...
Futurama Voicer Maurice LaMarche says, "Futurama WILL get a Season 10.
It just may take until 2022 to get there."

Ray Arthur

R H Draney

Apr 23, 2013, 4:07:01 AM4/23/13
tr...@iwvisp.com filted:

>On Apr 22, 3:42=A0pm, Tim J. <tj66...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> "Futurama" is coming to an end--again.

Good news, everyone!...

>> Comedy Central confirmed today that this summer=92s new season of the
>> toon laffer will be its last. The series finale is slated for Sept. 4.
>
>Futurama Voicer Maurice LaMarche says, "Futurama WILL get a Season 10.
>It just may take until 2022 to get there."

Instead of cancelling it, they should freeze it until a cure can be found....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Travoltron

May 2, 2013, 2:07:12 PM5/2/13
On 4/22/2013 3:42 PM, Tim J. wrote:
> http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/futurama-cancelled-by-comedy-central-1200406963/

I'm a little fuzzy on the timetable, but didn't the voice actors go on
strike for more money the very instant Comedy Central picked up the
show? That couldn't have endeared them to the channel.

Monkxx

Feb 10, 2014, 9:47:54 PM2/10/14
Oh well. Hopefully those comics will keep going. Or are they stopped? I never
followed them. Guess I'll start once I finish the series...

R.I.P. Futurama. One of the best shows ever.

In article <g5fbn8pg0jsfd5mp9...@4ax.com>, Tim J.
<tj6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/futurama-cancelled-by-comedy-central-1200406963
---
Monxx

Anony Mouse

Jul 7, 2014, 11:24:34 PM7/7/14
I hadn't heard about that... Have a source? It was always my
understanding that the voice actors really liked doing the show.

Reg

Aug 4, 2014, 3:08:51 PM8/4/14
I cannot recall anything like this either.. The voice actors of the
Simpsons did go on strike though, maybe that's where the confusion comes
from.