Decision 3012 - WAITAMINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith)

Jun 30, 2012, 8:41:24 PM6/30/12
Travers uses the time code from "Bender's Big Score" to avert the robot revolution. When the robot revolution doesn't take place, future Travers blinks out of existence.

BUT.......................................

Isn't that supposed to be a paradox-correcting time code?

Don Del Grande

Jul 1, 2012, 11:43:54 AM7/1/12
It did - otherwise, when Nixon was re-elected anyway, the robot
revolution would have taken place after all, and Travers would have
gone back in time.
(Alternative answer: future Travers doesn't really "blink out of
existance" - he just never went back in time.)

Also, didn't future Travers hold present Travers when he was born?
This should have resulted in future Travers' pretty much immediate
death, right?

-- Don

The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith)

Jul 3, 2012, 7:49:48 PM7/3/12
But remember, it was a Paradox-Correcting time code. NOTHING should have happened. That's why there were 873 zillion Benders at the end of BBS.

Don Del Grande

Jul 3, 2012, 8:19:01 PM7/3/12
The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith) wrote:

>But remember, it was a Paradox-Correcting time code. NOTHING should have happened. That's why there were 873 zillion Benders at the end of BBS.

So explain what happened to Lars.

-- Don

The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith)

Jul 4, 2012, 3:18:43 PM7/4/12
Lars Filmore sacrificed himself to defeat Neutar and save Leela. It had nothing to do with paradoxes.

Don Del Grande

Jul 4, 2012, 6:55:32 PM7/4/12
The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith) wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:19:01 PM UTC-4, Don Del Grande wrote:
>> The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith) wrote:
>>
>> >But remember, it was a Paradox-Correcting time code. NOTHING should have happened. That's why there were 873 zillion Benders at the end of BBS.
>>
>> So explain what happened to Lars.
>
>Lars Filmore sacrificed himself to defeat Neutar and save Leela. It had nothing to do with paradoxes.

If you're going to be that way...then it WAS a Paradox-Correcting time
code. Without the correction, when Senator Travers became President,
the robots never took over, so he didn't go back in time, so Nixon
won, so the robots DID take over, so Travers DID go back in time, and
so on. However, the code corrected the paradox by not having Travers
come back in time after all.

Or, Bender calculated that all of this was going to happen back when
he was overclocked...

-- Don

DSF

Jul 12, 2012, 2:47:48 AM7/12/12
On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 15:55:32 -0700, Don Del Grande
<del_gra...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith) wrote:

>>> So explain what happened to Lars.
>>
>>Lars Filmore sacrificed himself to defeat Neutar and save Leela. It had nothing to do with paradoxes.
>
>If you're going to be that way...then it WAS a Paradox-Correcting time
>code. Without the correction, when Senator Travers became President,
>the robots never took over, so he didn't go back in time, so Nixon
>won, so the robots DID take over, so Travers DID go back in time, and
>so on. However, the code corrected the paradox by not having Travers
>come back in time after all.

And since Nixon did win, something must stop him from building the
"fence," else Travers goes back in time...

>Or, Bender calculated that all of this was going to happen back when
>he was overclocked...
>
>-- Don

DSF

P.S. Someday I hope they (attempt) to explain how they have just the
heads (in jars) of people dead for so long *now* that their DNA is
just a dusty memory.

The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith)

Jul 13, 2012, 4:01:44 AM7/13/12
On Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:47:48 AM UTC-4, DSF wrote:

> And since Nixon did win, something must stop him from building the
> "fence", else Travers goes back in time...

What part of "paradox-correcting time code" do you not understand? (Don't bother answering, I know. The part that's in English.)

> P.S. Someday I hope they (attempt) to explain how they have just the
> heads (in jars) of people dead for so long *now* that their DNA is
> just a dusty memory.

This question has come up before, and the answer is always the same. You have to ask Ron Popeill, since he invented the process.

DSF

May 10, 2013, 9:38:43 PM5/10/13
On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 01:01:44 -0700 (PDT), "The Doctor (as portrayed by
Matt Smith)" <capjack...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:47:48 AM UTC-4, DSF wrote:
>

>> And since Nixon did win, something must stop him from building the
>> "fence", else Travers goes back in time...
>
>What part of "paradox-correcting time code" do you not understand? (Don't bother answering, I know. The part that's in English.)

See? This is why I rarely post to .alt groups. I always seem to
attract someone with a chip on their shoulder. I said nothing to
insult you, so why insult me?

But if you want to dance, let's dance, Re: Previously in this
thread...
> So explain what happened to Lars.
>
> -- Don

Your answer:
Lars Filmore sacrificed himself to defeat Neutar and save Leela. It
had nothing to do with paradoxes.

But it did. Lars knew as a duplicate, he was doomed. He had the
opportunity to die a hero.

It's been a while since I've seen the episode in question. Was it
brought up how Travers time traveled? It is possible to do so in the
Futuramaverse without the binary code. (Refer to the Emmy-winning
episode for details.)

DSF
AKA The Doctor (as portrayed by Tom Baker) BWAHAHAHA!