Re: FUTURAMA premiere tonight (Wed. June 20, 2012)

4 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Rhino

ungelesen,
20.06.2012, 10:27:3020.06.12
an

"Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote in message
> The 7th season premiere of FUTURAMA airs tonight at 10pm Eastern on Comedy
> Central.
> This is the best animated show on television. Do not miss it.

Is it the 7th season or the 8th?

I was recently in Walmart and noticed that they had the 6th season on DVD.
But it only contained the 13 episodes that were shown in 2010. I didn't see
anythng like "Season 6 Part 1" either so the implication is that they
consider those 13 episodes ALL of Season 6, not just the first part of the
season.

If that is how they are reasoning things, then the 2011 episodes will be
Season 7 and the season beginning tonight will be Season 8.

I realize that the 2010 and 2011 episodes were all part of a single 26
episode order but the marketing types don't seem to be viewing them as a
single season but rather as two separate seasons.....

--
Rhino

Obveeus

ungelesen,
20.06.2012, 11:03:3620.06.12
an

"Rhino" <no_offline_c...@example.com> wrote in message
This web page lays out the 'seasons'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Futurama_episodes

Basically, the 'seasons' made sense when the show was on FOX and the seasons
are illogically spaced now that the series is on cable. Lots of cable shows
have illogical 'seasons' because lots of cable series film one season and
air it as two seasons.

Rhino

ungelesen,
20.06.2012, 13:16:0720.06.12
an

"Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote in message
Based on the approach used in the Wikipedia page, I would have expected the
boxed set I saw to say something like "Season 6, Volume 1" to indicate that
the remaining episodes were going to be in a diferent set with a name like
"Season 6 Volume 2". So either I missed some labelling - and I don't see
anything about a Volume 1 or 2 in the Amazon Canada or Amazon USA sites - or
the producers are seeing the 2011 episodes as being Season 7, which would
make the 2012 episodes Season 8.

I'm not surprised to find that the producers' marketing people view things
differently than the fans - I assume it was fans that wrote the Wikipedia
article - but it sure gets confusing with different systems in use....

Oh, important correction. In viewing the Amazon pages for the new set
(http://www.amazon.com/Futurama-Volume-Six-Matt-Groening/dp/B005QIOJUI/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1340211647&sr=1-2&keywords=Futurama),
I see that it is called Volume 6, presumably referring to Season 6. The web
page makes it clear that VOLUME 6 contains only 13 episodes. From the list
on the Amazon page, it is clear that these are the 2011 episodes.

Looking at Volume 5, the episodes aren't listed but I can only assume they
are the 2010 episodes based on the first few customer reviews. So, they've
apparently called the 2010 episodes Volume 5 (in effect, Season 5), and 2011
episodes are Volume 6 (in effect Season 6). They are clearly viewing the
movies as being outside of the numbering system altogether.

Well, I don't want to get too hung up on this. Ultimately it doesn't matter
that much what things are called; the key thing is that Futurama is back
with new episodes :-)
--
Rhino

0 neue Nachrichten