I just HAVE to know, David Hyde Pierce in The Terminator?

xor

Mar 17, 2001, 6:22:23 PM3/17/01
Ok, I just looked at
http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/moviepeople/detail.asp?pid=P+56748

I noticed The Terminator on his list in 1984. I couldn't believe it,
one of my favorite movies (and it's sequel), and I didn't even know
that one of my favorite actors is in it!

What did he play in the movie?

Mike and Dorcie

Mar 17, 2001, 6:37:31 PM3/17/01
xor wrote:

An invisible guy, i.e. he wasn't in it.

Dorcie

Les Faby

Mar 17, 2001, 6:46:58 PM3/17/01
Dorcie says...
> xor wrote:
>
> > I noticed The Terminator on [DHP's] list...

> > What did he play in the movie?
>
> An invisible guy, i.e. he wasn't in it.

DHP uses his middle name (Hyde) professionally to avoid confusion with
Terminator's David Pierce.

Regards ... Les

Travel Bug

Mar 17, 2001, 6:36:31 PM3/17/01
xor...@hotmail.com (xor) wrote:

According to imdb.com, there was a David Pierce in Terminator who
played "Tanker Partner" (presumably the person riding or working with
the "Tanker Driver"). But that David Pierce is listed separately from
DHP, so I'm not sure if it's the same person or not.

Bridget

Alianna

Mar 18, 2001, 1:53:30 AM3/18/01

In the movie, "The Terminator", David Hyde Pierce played the role of the
Tanker Driver's partner. He was only onscreen for about less than a minute.

-Alianna

"xor" <xor...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Alianna

Mar 18, 2001, 2:00:36 AM3/18/01
Add on:

It wasn't David Hyde Pierce in the movie "The Terminator"... it was another
actor by the name of David Pierce II. Sorry for the confusion.

-Alianna

"Alianna" <ali...@eagnet.com> wrote in message

Val McCaffery

Mar 18, 2001, 1:16:29 AM3/18/01

> > > I noticed The Terminator on [DHP's] list...
> > > What did he play in the movie?

DHP has said in a few interviews (the most recent being the one last May on
Regis' morning show)
that he is often mistakenly listed as being in The Terminator movie. It
wasn't him, it was the actor
who was registered as David Pierce and made it so DHP *had* to use his
middle name "Hyde" when he joined SAG. He didn't really want to use his
middle name and even tried to petition SAG to have it changed
back to David Pierce (just before Frasier went on the air) because he found
out that "David Pierce" wasn't acting any longer at that point. SAG had
some rules about it not being a long enough time that "David Pierce" hadn't
been active, so they wouldn't let him do it. He had always been known as
David Pierce when he was in live theatre and even had a few credits as David
Pierce in a couple of movies (very minor roles), very early on.
He really thought that "David Hyde Pierce" would type-cast him too much and
he wouldn't be offered as wide of range of roles (it sounded *snooty* to
him, he said). Hope this info helps.
-Val

xor

Mar 18, 2001, 4:18:22 AM3/18/01