Jaynestown... is it really Legend of the Elmedia Hero?

mathewi...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2016, 1:37:14 PM7/6/16
I was watching some old subtitled episode of Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos lately, and I came across episode 12, called "Legend of the Elmedia Hero".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzBx_eLnhwA

So in the episode our traveling heroes come to a town chasing a supposed escaped criminal named Brock. When they get to this town there are kids who play at being Brock, everyone says Brock is a hero, there is a statue of Brock in the middle of the city. Every time they ask about Brock everyone is pissed at them for implying he's a criminal.

They are told the city's power source, called the Elmedia Stone, was nearly stolen by a rival city, but Brock stopped them, and then ran off, saved the day, then disappeared!

What we learn from their investigation that Brock wasn't there to protect the Elmedia Stone, he was trying to steal it too, was fighting the other guys for it, and that ended chasing them off and running away for fear of getting caught.

The city thought he was some sort of roving hero and started worshiping him. I'm surprised they didn't have a folk song about him... "Brock, the man they called Brock! He robs from the rich and he give to the poor, stood up to the man and gave him what for..."

I was surprised that basically the plot of "Jaynestown" was in a Machine Robo episode 16 years before Firefly aired.

Mathew

Wouter Valentijn

Jul 9, 2016, 4:09:34 PM7/9/16
Op 6-7-2016 om 19:37 schreef mathewi...@gmail.com: