Yesterday's Enterprise

1 view

Joan Hedman (QuietI)

Sep 6, 2000, 12:17:13 AM9/6/00
I make no apologies... it has been quite a day and I wanted some mindless
TV, and noticed ST:TNG coming on. There are quite a few eps of that series
that I enjoyed so I decided to hang around and see which one it was... lo &
behold, the subject of our recent discussions LOL... complete with the
fetching Tasha Yar! And an amorphous rift in the fabric of space-time, plus
tons of gobbledygook.

The only thing that would've freaked me out ~more~ was if it had been that
much mentioned "Inner Light" ep...

Joan
http://members.home.net/quieti/

Robert John Guttke

Sep 6, 2000, 11:21:38 AM9/6/00
On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 04:17:13 GMT, "Joan Hedman \(QuietI\)"
<qui...@home.com> wrote:

>I make no apologies... it has been quite a day and I wanted some mindless
>TV, and noticed ST:TNG coming on. There are quite a few eps of that series
>that I enjoyed so I decided to hang around and see which one it was... lo &
>behold, the subject of our recent discussions LOL... complete with the
>fetching Tasha Yar! And an amorphous rift in the fabric of space-time, plus
>tons of gobbledygook.

THAT episode is the ONLY episode in the whole series that was
absolutely superlative! Visually stunning. Thoughtful.
Thought-provoking. Emotionally touching. Sensitive. It was
everything that stupid series SHOULD have been, and only was this one
time.

So, Joan, assuming you liked it, so did I. I was even very impressed
by it. Again, a great pity that the whole series couldn't have been
like that.

Robert John Guttke Photography
www.guttke.com

Vivianne

Sep 8, 2000, 7:52:58 AM9/8/00
In article <dzjt5.49581$P4.3...@news1.rdc1.az.home.com>, Joan Hedman
(QuietI) <qui...@home.com> wibbled ........

>I make no apologies... it has been quite a day and I wanted some mindless
>TV, and noticed ST:TNG coming on. There are quite a few eps of that series
>that I enjoyed so I decided to hang around and see which one it was... lo &
>behold, the subject of our recent discussions LOL... complete with the
>fetching Tasha Yar! And an amorphous rift in the fabric of space-time, plus
>tons of gobbledygook.

One of my all-time favourite episodes! Captian Garrett should have
played Janeway. Lovely captain, good strong voice. Shame she died...

>The only thing that would've freaked me out ~more~ was if it had been that
>much mentioned "Inner Light" ep...

Another good ep. Very very very sad....

--
"We aliens, set apart, reach only with fantasies"

Joan Hedman (QuietI)

Sep 10, 2000, 4:38:03 PM9/10/00

"Vivianne" <vivi...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <dzjt5.49581$P4.3...@news1.rdc1.az.home.com>, Joan Hedman
> (QuietI) <qui...@home.com> wibbled ........
> >I make no apologies... it has been quite a day and I wanted some mindless
> >TV, and noticed ST:TNG coming on. There are quite a few eps of that
series
> >that I enjoyed so I decided to hang around and see which one it was... lo
&
> >behold, the subject of our recent discussions LOL... complete with the
> >fetching Tasha Yar! And an amorphous rift in the fabric of space-time,
plus
> >tons of gobbledygook.
>
> One of my all-time favourite episodes! Captian Garrett should have
> played Janeway. Lovely captain, good strong voice. Shame she died...

Bummer, isn't it? Ms Mulgrew has that scratchy voice, it really gets on my
nerves sometimes.

> >The only thing that would've freaked me out ~more~ was if it had been
that
> >much mentioned "Inner Light" ep...
>
> Another good ep. Very very very sad....

Yep yep yep. **sigh**

Good to see you back, Vee. I've missed you.

Joan

Vivianne

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
In article <LiSu5.12854$I6.6...@news1.rdc1.az.home.com>, Joan Hedman
(QuietI) <qui...@home.com> wibbled ........

>"Vivianne" <vivi...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> One of my all-time favourite episodes! Captian Garrett should have
>> played Janeway. Lovely captain, good strong voice. Shame she died...
>> >
>Bummer, isn't it? Ms Mulgrew has that scratchy voice, it really gets on my
>nerves sometimes.

And flappy arms. Stupid hair and a condescending attitude.

>Good to see you back, Vee. I've missed you.

Awwwwww... so sweet of you to say so.

Got some major stress in my life at the moment (nothing to do with the
petrol shortage although if any of you Merry Cans have any to spare
please send it to me....) and have recently *not been bothering* to log
on for *days*. Aaaaaaaaargh!

We've just had the first of the Princess eps. BBC are advertising it as
first of two but I thought there were three eps in all. We haven't had
'My Three Crichtons' yet.

The Princess saga is looking good although I wasn't too impressed by the
Scarran papier mache(sp) head. Love all the stuff going on between the
characters and thankfully have forgotten most of the spoilers I read
here. :) It is sometimes difficult to take an active part when I
haven't a clue what you lot are talking about but rest asured I will
always be here. I have always been here..... (sorry wrong prog)
*twinkle twinkle ripple phizzzz*

John Iwaniszek

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
Vivianne wrote:

> In article <LiSu5.12854$I6.6...@news1.rdc1.az.home.com>, Joan Hedman
> (QuietI) <qui...@home.com> wibbled ........
> >

> >"Vivianne" <vivi...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >>
> Awwwwww... so sweet of you to say so.
>
> Got some major stress in my life at the moment (nothing to do with the
> petrol shortage although if any of you Merry Cans have any to spare
> please send it to me....)

I think Federal Express will ship gasoline. I'll send you one of our
much larger American gallons from my local BP station.

Vivianne

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
In article <39BFDECB...@Iwaniszek.com>, John Iwaniszek
<Jo...@Iwaniszek.com> wibbled ........
>Vivianne wrote:
>>
>> In article <LiSu5.12854$I6.6...@news1.rdc1.az.home.com>, Joan Hedman
>> (QuietI) <qui...@home.com> wibbled ........
>> >

>> >"Vivianne" <vivi...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >>
>> Awwwwww... so sweet of you to say so.
>>
>> Got some major stress in my life at the moment (nothing to do with the
>> petrol shortage although if any of you Merry Cans have any to spare
>> please send it to me....)
>

>I think Federal Express will ship gasoline. I'll send you one of our
>much larger American gallons from my local BP station.

Thank you but please send the entire BP station.

Tom Francis

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
Vivianne wrote:

> In article <39BFDECB...@Iwaniszek.com>, John Iwaniszek
> <Jo...@Iwaniszek.com> wibbled ........
> >Vivianne wrote:
> >>
> >> In article <LiSu5.12854$I6.6...@news1.rdc1.az.home.com>, Joan Hedman
> >> (QuietI) <qui...@home.com> wibbled ........

> >> Awwwwww... so sweet of you to say so.
> >>
> >> Got some major stress in my life at the moment (nothing to do with the
> >> petrol shortage although if any of you Merry Cans have any to spare
> >> please send it to me....)
> >

> >I think Federal Express will ship gasoline. I'll send you one of our
> >much larger American gallons from my local BP station.
>
> Thank you but please send the entire BP station.

No - it's ours and you can't have it........

phil...@dapc.freeuk.com

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:19:11 +0100, Vivianne
<vivi...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Bummer, isn't it? Ms Mulgrew has that scratchy voice, it really gets on my
>>nerves sometimes.
>

>And flappy arms. Stupid hair and a condescending attitude.

And the way she spurned Chakotay's romantic overtures <SPIT!>. Come
here baby - I'll kiss it all better <G>.

>The Princess saga is looking good although I wasn't too impressed by the
>Scarran papier mache(sp) head.

I've seen worse aliens on Star Trek <G>.

I think the kissing tradition with those eye-droppers was....<phew>...
very erotic. Can we adopt this at conventions <EG>?

Philippa

|Philippa Chapman <phil...@dapc.freeuk.com> |
| |
| HISTORICON 2001 : Setting the |
| Standards for the Next Millennium |
|http://you.genie.co.uk/jette.goldie/ |
| |
|http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/historicon |

Vivianne

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
In article <39C0B46F...@neca.com>, Tom Francis <to...@neca.com>

wibbled ........
>Vivianne wrote:
>>
>> In article <39BFDECB...@Iwaniszek.com>, John Iwaniszek
>> <Jo...@Iwaniszek.com> wibbled ........

>> >I think Federal Express will ship gasoline. I'll send you one of our
>> >much larger American gallons from my local BP station.
>>
>> Thank you but please send the entire BP station.
>
>No - it's ours and you can't have it........

But the world is coming to an end and I need to get to the chip shop.

Vivianne

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
In article <a352ss076hbhjfbu9...@4ax.com>,
phil...@dapc.freeuk.com wibbled ........

<the Scarran>

>I've seen worse aliens on Star Trek <G>.

Which is fine if you are watching ST but I was watching Farscape.

Tom Francis

Sep 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/15/00

Chip shop? I've heard of Chop Shops, but a Chip Shop?

Thinkum

Sep 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/15/00

As in Fish & Chips?

--
Thinkum "NGNQ" http://www.snurcher.com/

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What? You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S. Lewis

T. Erik Browne

Sep 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/15/00
In article <01HW.B5E799AA0...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>,

Thinkum <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 7:53:58 -0400, Tom Francis wondered:
>> Vivianne wrote:
>>> Tom Francis <to...@neca.com> wibbled ........

>>> But the world is coming to an end and I need to get to the chip shop.
>>
>> Chip shop? I've heard of Chop Shops, but a Chip Shop?
>
>As in Fish & Chips?

Hey, how come whenever I order fish & chips they give me french fries instead?

T. Erik Browne | All operating systems suck.
tbr...@best.com | The sooner you learn this, the better.
"Apparently I'm insane. But I'm one of the happy kinds!"

Thinkum

Sep 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/15/00
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:59:39 -0400, T. Erik Browne wondered:

> Thinkum <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote:

>>> Chip shop? I've heard of Chop Shops, but a Chip Shop?
>>
>> As in Fish & Chips?
>
> Hey, how come whenever I order fish & chips they give me french fries
> instead?

Because we can't get potato crisps in the USA. Annoying, ain't it?

Vivianne

Sep 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/16/00
In article <39C20DD6...@neca.com>, Tom Francis <to...@neca.com>
wibbled ........
>Vivianne wrote:
>>
>> In article <39C0B46F...@neca.com>, Tom Francis <to...@neca.com>
>> wibbled ........

>> >No - it's ours and you can't have it........
>>
>> But the world is coming to an end and I need to get to the chip shop.
>
>Chip shop? I've heard of Chop Shops, but a Chip Shop?

Chips. Usually paired with fish in this part of the globe. Oblongs of
potato deep fried. Yum yum. Fish and chips shops. Never heard of a
Fish and Chop Shop.

Vivianne

Sep 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/16/00
In article <8ptkhr$1tu$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>, T. Erik Browne
<tbr...@best.com> wibbled ........

>Hey, how come whenever I order fish & chips they give me french fries instead?

McDonalds?

Tom Francis

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Well you said chip shop - I was wondering was a chip shop was.
You told us that it was a fish and chip shop - if that is so,
then just say so........

Or is that one of those things you got from the Romans?

John Iwaniszek

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Like syphilis?

T. Erik Browne

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00
In article <lSwpQvB4...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk>,

Vivianne <vivi...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <8ptkhr$1tu$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>, T. Erik Browne
><tbr...@best.com> wibbled ........
>>

>>Hey, how come whenever I order fish & chips they give me french fries instead?
>>
>McDonalds?

That was a joke, son.

Tom Francis

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Now that was mean........

Vivianne

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
In article <8q3dc7$1aj6$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>, T. Erik Browne

<tbr...@best.com> wibbled ........
>In article <lSwpQvB4...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk>,
>Vivianne <vivi...@vanillapod.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>In article <8ptkhr$1tu$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>, T. Erik Browne
>><tbr...@best.com> wibbled ........
>>>

>>>Hey, how come whenever I order fish & chips they give me french fries instead?
>>>
>>McDonalds?
>

>That was a joke, son.

No, jokes are funny. Hehehehhehe! Bit like McDonalds as long as you
don't eat there.

Vivianne

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
In article <39C4C086...@neca.com>, Tom Francis <to...@neca.com>

wibbled ........
>Vivianne wrote:
>>
>Well you said chip shop - I was wondering was a chip shop was.
>You told us that it was a fish and chip shop - if that is so,
>then just say so........

One buys one's fish and chips from a chip shop. Apparently it is too
much of a mouthful to say "going daaarn the fish and chip shop, matey"
so one truncates it to "orf to the old chip shop, me luv".

>Or is that one of those things you got from the Romans?

Like syphillis(sp)?

Vivianne

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
In article <39C4C7D8...@Iwaniszek.com>, John Iwaniszek
<Jo...@Iwaniszek.com> wibbled ........

>Tom Francis wrote:
>>
>> Or is that one of those things you got from the Romans?
>
>Like syphilis?

Well, I'll be buggered! I've just posted the exact same reply! Except
you probably spelt it correctly.

Catherine Leonard

Sep 18, 2000, 11:14:52 PM9/18/00

Vivianne wrote:

> In article <39C4C7D8...@Iwaniszek.com>, John Iwaniszek
> <Jo...@Iwaniszek.com> wibbled ........
> >Tom Francis wrote:
> >>
> >> Or is that one of those things you got from the Romans?
> >
> >Like syphilis?
>
> Well, I'll be buggered! I've just posted the exact same reply! Except
> you probably spelt it correctly.

Are you talking about Crais again?

hyuck, hyuck, hyuck...

Cate

Vivianne

Sep 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/19/00
In article <39C6D8DB...@concentric.net>, Catherine Leonard
<lh...@concentric.net> wibbled ........

No but I can do. Isn'd he gorgeous. Lovely, dark, satanic......
Hmmmmmm.

>hyuck, hyuck, hyuck...

Heimlich manoeuvre? Actually it is more of a gesture....

Terrell Johnson

Oct 14, 2000, 10:38:04 PM10/14/00
<< Because we can't get potato crisps in the USA. Annoying, ain't it? >>

Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.

Tom Francis

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Terrell Johnson wrote:

> << Because we can't get potato crisps in the USA. Annoying, ain't it? >>
>
> Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.

And they suck..........

Stevens R. Miller

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00

Tom Francis wrote:

> Terrell Johnson wrote:
> >
> > << Because we can't get potato crisps in the USA. Annoying, ain't it? >>
> >
> > Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.
>

> And they suck..........

Not when you open the first can. It's only after you realize you're
half-way into the second. _Then_ you realize they suck. It's like a
curse, you know?

Tom Francis

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
"Stevens R. Miller" wrote:

> Tom Francis wrote:
> >
> > Terrell Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > << Because we can't get potato crisps in the USA. Annoying, ain't it? >>
> > >
> > > Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.
> >
> > And they suck..........
>
> Not when you open the first can. It's only after you realize you're
> half-way into the second. _Then_ you realize they suck. It's like a
> curse, you know?

True 'dat...........

jaye...@my-deja.com

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
terr...@aol.comnotrash (Terrell Johnson) wrote:

> Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.

I'd be more inclined to say they were a "potato flavored
food product".

--- jayembee (Jerry.B...@eds.com)

"Listening to you, I can't help but think that somewhere
in the world a village is missing its idiot."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tom Francis

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
jaye...@my-deja.com wrote:

> terr...@aol.comnotrash (Terrell Johnson) wrote:
>
> > Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.
>
> I'd be more inclined to say they were a "potato flavored
> food product".

I'd be inclined to say "potato flavored s**t"........

Thinkum

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Tom Francis wrote:
> jaye...@my-deja.com wrote:
>> terr...@aol.comnotrash (Terrell Johnson) wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.
>>
>> I'd be more inclined to say they were a "potato flavored
>> food product".
>
> I'd be inclined to say "potato flavored s**t"........

I wouldn't even say potato-flavored.

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

Traci

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00

"Thinkum" <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote in message

> Tom Francis wrote:
> > jaye...@my-deja.com wrote:

> >> I'd be more inclined to say they were a "potato flavored
> >> food product".

> > I'd be inclined to say "potato flavored s**t"........

> I wouldn't even say potato-flavored.

I don't think they even qualify as flavored.

--
Traci (to reply, remove "NOTHANKS")
"Am I wrong to believe in a city of gold/that lies in the deep

Tom Francis

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Traci wrote:

> "Thinkum" <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote in message
> > Tom Francis wrote:

> > > I'd be inclined to say "potato flavored s**t"........
>
> > I wouldn't even say potato-flavored.
>
> I don't think they even qualify as flavored.

So we're back to freakin' potatoes and they ain't that either.....

I'm going to go soak my head.........

Tom Francis

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Jim Larson wrote:

> to...@neca.com (Tom Francis) wrote in <39EB293E...@neca.com>:

> >Traci wrote:
> >>
> >> "Thinkum" <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote in message

> >> I don't think they even qualify as flavored.
> >
> >So we're back to freakin' potatoes and they ain't that either.....
> >

> Why would you want to freak a potato, and what precisely does that mean
> anyway?

Ok, somebody mentioned something about Pringles Potato Chips (I think
it was part of the fish and chips thread), somebody said no, potato
flavored food product which devolved to potato flavored s**t which
devolved to potato flavored which devolved to potato and I said that
we were left with potatoes which Pringles ain't.......

Get it?

Nick

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Jim Larson wrote:
> to...@neca.com (Tom Francis) wrote in <39EB470E...@neca.com>:

> >Jim Larson wrote:

> >> Why would you want to freak a potato, and what precisely does that mean
> >> anyway?
> >
> >Ok, somebody mentioned something about Pringles Potato Chips (I think
> >it was part of the fish and chips thread), somebody said no, potato
> >flavored food product which devolved to potato flavored s**t which
> >devolved to potato flavored which devolved to potato and I said that
> >we were left with potatoes which Pringles ain't.......
> >
> >Get it?
> >
> I like potatoes.

I like Pringles.

Tom Francis

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Nick wrote:

> Jim Larson wrote:
> > to...@neca.com (Tom Francis) wrote in <39EB470E...@neca.com>:

> > >Ok, somebody mentioned something about Pringles Potato Chips (I think
> > >it was part of the fish and chips thread), somebody said no, potato
> > >flavored food product which devolved to potato flavored s**t which
> > >devolved to potato flavored which devolved to potato and I said that
> > >we were left with potatoes which Pringles ain't.......
> > >
> > >Get it?
> > >
> > I like potatoes.
>
> I like Pringles.

I KNEW IT!!! DEGENERATE!!!!!!

Thinkum

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Nick wrote:
> Jim Larson wrote:
>> Tom Francis wrote:

Actually, at this point we were down to "s**t", not a potato.

>>> Ok, somebody mentioned something about Pringles Potato Chips (I think
>>> it was part of the fish and chips thread), somebody said no, potato
>>> flavored food product which devolved to potato flavored s**t which
>>> devolved to potato flavored which devolved to potato and I said that
>>> we were left with potatoes which Pringles ain't.......
>>>
>>> Get it?
>>>
>> I like potatoes.
>
> I like Pringles.

You're a potato-freaker, aren't you?

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

Nick

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Thinkum wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > Jim Larson wrote:

> Actually, at this point we were down to "s**t", not a potato.

> >> I like potatoes.
> >
> > I like Pringles.
>
> You're a potato-freaker, aren't you?

Only since you left the non existent harem.

Thinkum

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Nick wrote:
> Thinkum wrote:
>> Nick wrote:

>> Actually, at this point we were down to "s**t", not a potato.

>>> I like Pringles.
>>
>> You're a potato-freaker, aren't you?
>
> Only since you left the non existent harem.

How can I leave something that doesn't exist?

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

Nick

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Thinkum wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > Thinkum wrote:

> >> Actually, at this point we were down to "s**t", not a potato.

> >> You're a potato-freaker, aren't you?
> >
> > Only since you left the non existent harem.
>
> How can I leave something that doesn't exist?

Hmmmm, with this logic you didn't leave.
I like this logic.

Thinkum

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Nick wrote:
> Thinkum wrote:
>> Nick wrote:

>>> Only since you left the non existent harem.
>>
>> How can I leave something that doesn't exist?
>
> Hmmmm, with this logic you didn't leave.
> I like this logic.

With this logic, I never joined, either.

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

Nick

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Thinkum wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > Thinkum wrote:

> >> How can I leave something that doesn't exist?
> >
> > Hmmmm, with this logic you didn't leave.
> > I like this logic.
>
> With this logic, I never joined, either.

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Vivianne

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
In article <8FCF74844dsflj...@130.133.1.4>, Jim Larson
<larso...@yahoo.com> wibbled ........

>Why would you want to freak a potato, and what precisely does that mean
>anyway?

Poke it in the eyes.

--
"We aliens, set apart, reach only with fantasies"

T. Erik Browne

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
In article <39E992EB...@neca.com>, Tom Francis <to...@neca.com> wrote:

>Terrell Johnson wrote:
>>
>> << Because we can't get potato crisps in the USA. Annoying, ain't it? >>
>>
>> Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.
>
>And they suck..........

Pringles are the potato chip's answer to particle board.

T. Erik Browne | All operating systems suck.
tbr...@best.com | The sooner you learn this, the better.
"Apparently I'm insane. But I'm one of the happy kinds!"

Tom Francis

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
"T. Erik Browne" wrote:

> In article <39E992EB...@neca.com>, Tom Francis <to...@neca.com> wrote:
> >Terrell Johnson wrote:
> >>
> >> << Because we can't get potato crisps in the USA. Annoying, ain't it? >>
> >>
> >> Actually, Pringles are "potato crisps," not potato chips.
> >
> >And they suck..........
>
> Pringles are the potato chip's answer to particle board.

On that we can agree............

Thinkum

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
freightboy wrote:
> If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
> hands (btw T. Erik Browne said)
>> Tom Francis wrote:
>>> Terrell Johnson wrote:
>>>>
>>> And they suck..........
>>
>> Pringles are the potato chip's answer to particle board.
>>
> Particle board tastes better.

Apparently, Nick's black lab thinks so...

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

Tom Francis

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Nick wrote:

> Thinkum <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote:
> >freightboy wrote:
> >> If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
> >> hands (btw T. Erik Browne said)

> >> Particle board tastes better.
> >
> >Apparently, Nick's black lab thinks so...
>
> Speaking of my black lab, he went to the vet today.
> He now weighs 115 pounds!!!
> He has gained 25 pounds since last year.

You need to get that boy on a diet son........

Mix canned pumpkin in with his food - 1/2 and 1/2 - he'll
drop that 20 or so quick - a little exercise and you can
put him back on a regular cup and a half a day of dry.

Tom Francis

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Nick wrote:

> John Iwaniszek <Jo...@Iwaniszek.com> wrote:
> >Nick wrote:

> >> The hard part is that the other dog eats more than Zeke does and he is
> >> underweight.
> >
> >Zeke is grabbing his buddy's food.
>
> You would think so but Boris eats all his food as soon as we feed
> them. But Boris also runs around the yard constanly where Zeke's
> movement is more glacial.

Seriously, try the pumpkin thing - canned is fine, but if you
can get fresh, all the better. You'll knock 10/15 in no time
and can monitor from there.........

Tom Francis

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Nick wrote:

> Tom Francis <to...@neca.com> wrote:
> >Nick wrote:

> >> You would think so but Boris eats all his food as soon as we feed
> >> them. But Boris also runs around the yard constanly where Zeke's
> >> movement is more glacial.
> >
> >Seriously, try the pumpkin thing - canned is fine, but if you
> >can get fresh, all the better. You'll knock 10/15 in no time
> >and can monitor from there.........
>
> But he may need the winter weight. They live outside.

Winter weight isn't necessary for domestic dogs - they are fed
on a regular basis thus don't need to store fats. As long as
they are kept out of the wind, they are fine. They have fur
coats, remember? And where they sweat through their paws
and tongues, as long as they can keep those warm, they are
fine.

Happier with less weight also.

Tom Francis

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Nick wrote:

> Tom Francis <to...@neca.com> wrote:
> >Nick wrote:
> >> >> >> >> >>>>>
> We are going to start walking him more too.

Another approach if you are reluctant to use the pumpkin,
is to got with a food that has less protien - like a 18
or 20.........of course that depends on what you are
feeding him.

freightboy

Oct 18, 2000, 8:06:26 PM10/18/00
If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
hands (btw T. Erik Browne said)

>In article <39E992EB...@neca.com>, Tom Francis

Nick

Oct 18, 2000, 8:22:56 PM10/18/00
Thinkum <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote:
>freightboy wrote:
>> If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
>> hands (btw T. Erik Browne said)

>>> Pringles are the potato chip's answer to particle board.
>>>
>> Particle board tastes better.

John Iwaniszek

Oct 18, 2000, 8:27:42 PM10/18/00

Have done a quick nose count?

Nick

Oct 18, 2000, 8:33:07 PM10/18/00
larso...@yahoo.com (Jim Larson) wrote:
>nick_...@yahoo.com (Nick) wrote in <39ee3e89...@news.cis.dfn.de>:
>Is that reasonable for its size? My neighbor has a cat so heavy that it can
>barely support its own weight.

He is part lab and part great dane.
He could lose a few pounds but he is not overly fat.

Nick

Oct 18, 2000, 8:41:26 PM10/18/00
Tom Francis <to...@neca.com> wrote:

John Iwaniszek

Oct 18, 2000, 8:44:40 PM10/18/00

Nick

Oct 18, 2000, 9:00:36 PM10/18/00

You would think so but Boris eats all his food as soon as we feed

Nick

Oct 18, 2000, 9:06:12 PM10/18/00

John Iwaniszek

Oct 18, 2000, 9:06:18 PM10/18/00

he slides around on a slick of water pushing rocks ahead into a moraine?

Nick

Oct 18, 2000, 9:14:31 PM10/18/00

Precisely.

Nick

Oct 18, 2000, 9:19:04 PM10/18/00

Vivianne

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
In article <8FD1CD8F4pklas...@205.158.27.245>, freightboy
<freig...@hotmail.com> wibbled ........

And makes better shelves.

--
"We aliens, set apart, reach only with fantasies"

Tom Francis

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Vivianne wrote:

> In article <8FD1CD8F4pklas...@205.158.27.245>, freightboy
> <freig...@hotmail.com> wibbled ........
> And makes better shelves.

Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
particle board than I have metal.

Thinkum

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Tom Francis wrote:
> Vivianne wrote:
>> freightboy wibbled ........

>>> If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
>>> hands (btw T. Erik Browne said)

>>> Particle board tastes better.
>>
>> And makes better shelves.
>
> Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
> particle board than I have metal.

My admiration of Zeke's teeth knows no bounds.

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

Stevens R. Miller

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

Tom Francis wrote:

> Vivianne wrote:
> >

> > In article <8FD1CD8F4pklas...@205.158.27.245>, freightboy
> > <freig...@hotmail.com> wibbled ........

> > And makes better shelves.
>
> Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
> particle board than I have metal.

You know, I just had this experience for the first time, recently. It's
shocking, isn't it? I mean, I've used the same bit to drill through
sheet steel, no problem. But, one minute on that gummy slop in particle
board (my dad always said, "press board;" same stuff?), and it was dead,
dead, dead.

Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
(actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive than
Pringles. I mean, when I feel nauseous, bloated, and sick, I can
actually stop eating Pringles. Not so with Bugles. It was
eat-to-the-bottom-of-the-box, every single time. Only safe move was to
buy them with a friend, so you could eat only half. Of course, that
made an addict out of your friend, which maybe the manufacturers
expected; damned clever of them, I'd say.

Tom Francis

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
"Stevens R. Miller" wrote:

> Tom Francis wrote:
> >
> > Vivianne wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <8FD1CD8F4pklas...@205.158.27.245>, freightboy
> > > <freig...@hotmail.com> wibbled ........
> > > And makes better shelves.
> >
> > Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
> > particle board than I have metal.
>
> You know, I just had this experience for the first time, recently. It's
> shocking, isn't it? I mean, I've used the same bit to drill through
> sheet steel, no problem. But, one minute on that gummy slop in particle
> board (my dad always said, "press board;" same stuff?), and it was dead,
> dead, dead.

Without getting all scientifical and stuff, it is the heat buildup
from cutting all the f'in glue that causes it. And yes, it is often
called press board.

> Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
> Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
> (actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive than
> Pringles. I mean, when I feel nauseous, bloated, and sick, I can
> actually stop eating Pringles. Not so with Bugles. It was
> eat-to-the-bottom-of-the-box, every single time. Only safe move was to
> buy them with a friend, so you could eat only half. Of course, that
> made an addict out of your friend, which maybe the manufacturers
> expected; damned clever of them, I'd say.

I didn't have a Bugles addiction (among the more noxious addictions
I've suffered through over the years), but I did have this thing for
Cracker Jacks. I could put down a bag of caramel pop corn for instance,
but Cracker Jacks - go through eight/nine boxes - even way past the
time that I got sick to my stomach.

I swear they put something into Cracker Jacks just to get me to eat
them.

Nick

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Thinkum wrote:
> Tom Francis wrote:
> > Vivianne wrote:
> >> freightboy wibbled ........

> >> And makes better shelves.
> >
> > Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
> > particle board than I have metal.
>
> My admiration of Zeke's teeth knows no bounds.

If only I could focus his chewing power where I wanted it.

Tom Francis

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Nick wrote:

> Thinkum wrote:
> > Tom Francis wrote:

> > > Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
> > > particle board than I have metal.
> >
> > My admiration of Zeke's teeth knows no bounds.
>
> If only I could focus his chewing power where I wanted it.

It's called training.........

Nick

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Tom Francis wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > Thinkum wrote:

> > > My admiration of Zeke's teeth knows no bounds.
> >
> > If only I could focus his chewing power where I wanted it.
>
> It's called training.........

I will be very impressed if you can train a dog to chew in a selected
spot on command.

Tom Francis

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Nick wrote:

> Tom Francis wrote:
> > Nick wrote:

> > > If only I could focus his chewing power where I wanted it.
> >
> > It's called training.........
>
> I will be very impressed if you can train a dog to chew in a selected
> spot on command.

You need to visit then. With the exception of my pup who is still
getting the idea, the dogs chew what I tell them when I tell them.
I keep frozen marrow bones filled with peanut butter and dog food.
That's what they chew and I allow them so much time to do so. I
don't have a chewing problem with any of them.

They also pee and poop with the "do it" command. Very handy on
those cold snowy nights with the wind howling at 20 mph. "Do it"
and it's done and over with. Also handy when they travel with me.

I can put all four dogs into seperate corners with the down and
stay command and they will stay there until I release them.

I hide things around the house and have them look for them. They
are excellent frisbee and tennis ball dogs.

They all heel with and without a leash when walking. I tell them
to stop and they stop. I tell them to go and they go. I give
them puzzles to work on during the day in their play pen and
it keeps them mentally alert. They also have hidey holes in
the pen and are constantly playing hide and seek.

In short, training my friend - lot's of time and training.

Viki

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Nick wrote:

> If only I could focus his chewing power where I wanted it.

I've thought the same thing many times. Not in relation to a
dog, tho.

Viki ;)

Broughps

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
Tom Francis wrote:

>"Stevens R. Miller" wrote:

Just snipped a whole heck of lot of stuff

>> Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
>> Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
>>(actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive than
>>Pringles. I mean, when I feel nauseous, bloated, and sick, I can
>>actually stop eating Pringles. Not so with Bugles. It was
>> eat-to-the-bottom-of-the-box, every single time. Only safe move was to
>> buy them with a friend, so you could eat only half. Of course, that
>> made an addict out of your friend, which maybe the manufacturers
>> expected; damned clever of them, I'd say.

>I didn't have a Bugles addiction (among the more noxious addictions
>I've suffered through over the years), but I did have this thing for
>Cracker Jacks. I could put down a bag of caramel pop corn for instance,
>but Cracker Jacks - go through eight/nine boxes - even way past the
>time that I got sick to my stomach.

>I swear they put something into Cracker Jacks just to get me to eat
>them.

Normally I'm a salty eater, but give me a jar of Nutella and it will be eaten
until the jar is empty. It was thoughs darn A.T.H.ers that got me started on
it.

Penni

freightboy

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
hands (btw Stevens R. Miller said)

>Tom Francis wrote:
>>
>> Vivianne wrote:
>> >

>> > In article <8FD1CD8F4pklas...@205.158.27.245>,
>> > freightboy
>> > <freig...@hotmail.com> wibbled ........

>> > And makes better shelves.
>>
>> Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
>> particle board than I have metal.
>

>You know, I just had this experience for the first time, recently.
>It's shocking, isn't it? I mean, I've used the same bit to drill
>through sheet steel, no problem. But, one minute on that gummy slop
>in particle board (my dad always said, "press board;" same stuff?),
>and it was dead, dead, dead.
>

>Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
>Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
>(actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive
>than Pringles. I mean, when I feel nauseous, bloated, and sick, I
>can actually stop eating Pringles. Not so with Bugles. It was
>eat-to-the-bottom-of-the-box, every single time. Only safe move was
>to buy them with a friend, so you could eat only half. Of course,
>that made an addict out of your friend, which maybe the
>manufacturers expected; damned clever of them, I'd say.

Bugles with that crappy aerosol cheese is amazingly addictive. You
spray the cheese into the open end of the bugle, then eat. I could
go through a whole box of bugles and a whole can of spray cheese
before I was aware that I had even opened the box.

Nick

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
freig...@hotmail.com (freightboy) wrote:
>If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
>hands (btw Stevens R. Miller said)
>>Tom Francis wrote:
>>>
>>> Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
>>> particle board than I have metal.
>>
>>You know, I just had this experience for the first time, recently.
>>It's shocking, isn't it? I mean, I've used the same bit to drill
>>through sheet steel, no problem. But, one minute on that gummy slop
>>in particle board (my dad always said, "press board;" same stuff?),
>>and it was dead, dead, dead.
>>
>>Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
>>Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
>>(actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive
>>than Pringles. I mean, when I feel nauseous, bloated, and sick, I
>>can actually stop eating Pringles. Not so with Bugles. It was
>>eat-to-the-bottom-of-the-box, every single time. Only safe move was
>>to buy them with a friend, so you could eat only half. Of course,
>>that made an addict out of your friend, which maybe the
>>manufacturers expected; damned clever of them, I'd say.
>
>Bugles with that crappy aerosol cheese is amazingly addictive. You
>spray the cheese into the open end of the bugle, then eat. I could
>go through a whole box of bugles and a whole can of spray cheese
>before I was aware that I had even opened the box.

You are not very aware of your surroundings are you?

Stevens R. Miller

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

freightboy wrote:

> If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your

> hands (btw Stevens R. Miller said)

> >Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
> >Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
> >(actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive
> >than Pringles.

> Bugles with that crappy aerosol cheese is amazingly addictive. You

> spray the cheese into the open end of the bugle, then eat. I could
> go through a whole box of bugles and a whole can of spray cheese
> before I was aware that I had even opened the box.

My gawd, that sounds disgusting. Wasn't it hard to get the cheese in
the Bugle? What kind of cheese was it? Was it that school-bus yellow
cheddar? I bet it was that yellow cheddar. Sure was salty, I suppose.
Sounds okay, sort of. Wonder if the Safeway is still open... Okay, now
I'm scared...

Tom Francis

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
freightboy wrote:

> If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
> hands (btw Stevens R. Miller said)
>

> >Tom Francis wrote:

> >> Harder than hell though. I've ruined more drill bits on
> >> particle board than I have metal.
> >
> >You know, I just had this experience for the first time, recently.
> >It's shocking, isn't it? I mean, I've used the same bit to drill
> >through sheet steel, no problem. But, one minute on that gummy slop
> >in particle board (my dad always said, "press board;" same stuff?),
> >and it was dead, dead, dead.
> >
> >Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
> >Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
> >(actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive
> >than Pringles. I mean, when I feel nauseous, bloated, and sick, I
> >can actually stop eating Pringles. Not so with Bugles. It was
> >eat-to-the-bottom-of-the-box, every single time. Only safe move was
> >to buy them with a friend, so you could eat only half. Of course,
> >that made an addict out of your friend, which maybe the
> >manufacturers expected; damned clever of them, I'd say.
>
> Bugles with that crappy aerosol cheese is amazingly addictive. You
> spray the cheese into the open end of the bugle, then eat. I could
> go through a whole box of bugles and a whole can of spray cheese
> before I was aware that I had even opened the box.

Oh the joys of Velvetta..........

I used to eat pounds of that stuff.......a box of saltines and
a couple of pounds of Velvetta........

Whew - the stuff I've eaten.........

freightboy

Oct 19, 2000, 8:31:51 PM10/19/00
If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
hands (btw Stevens R. Miller said)

>freightboy wrote:
>>
>> If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
>> hands (btw Stevens R. Miller said)
>

>> >Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't
>> >they? Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they
>> >tasted like (actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were
>> >_more_ addictive than Pringles.
>

>> Bugles with that crappy aerosol cheese is amazingly addictive.
>> You spray the cheese into the open end of the bugle, then eat. I
>> could go through a whole box of bugles and a whole can of spray
>> cheese before I was aware that I had even opened the box.
>

>My gawd, that sounds disgusting. Wasn't it hard to get the cheese
>in the Bugle? What kind of cheese was it? Was it that school-bus
>yellow cheddar? I bet it was that yellow cheddar. Sure was salty,
>I suppose. Sounds okay, sort of. Wonder if the Safeway is still
>open... Okay, now I'm scared...

Calling this stuff cheese would be doing it a great favor. I think
that their marketing department settled for 'cheese product' or
some such label.

It's hard to imagine any real cheese coming out of a spray can. I
haven't had the stuff in just over 10 years now, but I can still
remember the aerosol aftertaste in my mouth after eating it.

freightboy

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your hands
(btw Nick said)

>freig...@hotmail.com (freightboy) wrote:
>>If you're reading my headers you have way too much time on your
>>hands (btw Stevens R. Miller said)

>>>You know, I just had this experience for the first time, recently.
>>>It's shocking, isn't it? I mean, I've used the same bit to drill
>>>through sheet steel, no problem. But, one minute on that gummy slop
>>>in particle board (my dad always said, "press board;" same stuff?),
>>>and it was dead, dead, dead.
>>>

>>>Does anyone else remember "Bugles"? Gawd, they sucked, didn't they?
>>>Mostly, they sucked because, notwithstanding that they tasted like
>>>(actually were?) salty orange styrofoam, they were _more_ addictive

>>>than Pringles. I mean, when I feel nauseous, bloated, and sick, I
>>>can actually stop eating Pringles. Not so with Bugles. It was
>>>eat-to-the-bottom-of-the-box, every single time. Only safe move was
>>>to buy them with a friend, so you could eat only half. Of course,
>>>that made an addict out of your friend, which maybe the
>>>manufacturers expected; damned clever of them, I'd say.
>>

>>Bugles with that crappy aerosol cheese is amazingly addictive. You
>>spray the cheese into the open end of the bugle, then eat. I could
>>go through a whole box of bugles and a whole can of spray cheese
>>before I was aware that I had even opened the box.
>

>You are not very aware of your surroundings are you?

Well, there is this funny incident from a couple of weeks ago:

I got handed a file box full of documents to review for a client at
about 4:00. I decided that I would start in on the docs and then
leave at about 6:00 or so to meet my girlfriend for dinner. In
the meantime, I press the 'do not disturb' button on my phone (and
turn off my cell phone) so I can remain unbothered for a while at
least. I started plowing through the papers and totally lost all
track of time. After what I thought was a short while, I got up
to stretch a bit and turned my cell phone back on. As soon as I
turned on, I got a call from my girlfriend who sounds like she is
in a total panic. She told me that she had been trying to get a
hold of me for the last 2-1/2 hours since I didn't show up for
dinner. She had called my office several times, called the police
station and was starting to call some hospitals. Apparently, I
was so engrossed in the docs that 5 hours had passed.

This can't happen anymore as she made me give her the code that
overrides the 'do not disturb' on my phone.

On a separate subject, am I the only one who believes that Stork
Chocolate Riesen is the most addictive substance on the face of
the earth?

Tom Francis

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
freightboy wrote:

> On a separate subject, am I the only one who believes that Stork
> Chocolate Riesen is the most addictive substance on the face of
> the earth?

Not even close.

Baby Ruth bars with Butterfingers a close second.

Mitchell A. Carpenter

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00

freightboy wrote:

One Word for you

Cheesewaffles

--
The Egg, The Symbol of Life

M Carpenter
sha...@sprynet.com

Anna

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Thinkum <thi...@snurcher.com> wrote:

> Tom Francis wrote:
>> jaye...@my-deja.com wrote:

>>> I'd be more inclined to say they were a "potato flavored
>>> food product".
>>
>> I'd be inclined to say "potato flavored s**t"........
>
> I wouldn't even say potato-flavored.

Actually, they are invisible unless the lighting angle is JUST right.

Anna

Viki

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
Jim Larson wrote:

> to...@neca.com (Tom Francis) wrote in <39F02ADB...@neca.com>:
> Chocolate loving freaks.

Chocolate is a necessary part of life. Like breathing, like
water, like sex.

Viki