Happy Thankgiving.

broughps

Nov 26, 2020, 12:02:14 PM11/26/20
While it's been an odd year to say the least, there a many things to be thankful for. So have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Penni

jbjam...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2020, 8:07:47 PM11/27/20
On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 10:02:14 AM UTC-7, broughps, our very own resident
Fairy Godmother (and Official Holiday Monitor) wrote:
> While it's been an odd year to say the least, there a many things to be thankful for.
> So have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

It was just my sister Cindy, her youngest son Adam, and me at our gathering.
It was ... interesting. Both Cindy and Adam are on some sort of diet. Adam smoked a
turkey breast and ham. Not sure what happened but the turkey tasted a little off to me.
Apparently he has some bugs to work out with this smoking thing. Then, they made the
mashed potatoes out of cauliflower. [pause with a very grouchy sidelong look]
The ham was good and since the stuffing was from a box, it also met expectations.
We played three games of Unstable Unicorns; very entertaining.

James
--
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good
of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better

broughps

Nov 28, 2020, 9:05:47 AM11/28/20
On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 8:07:47 PM UTC-5, jbjam...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 10:02:14 AM UTC-7, broughps, our very own resident
> Fairy Godmother (and Official Holiday Monitor) wrote:
> > While it's been an odd year to say the least, there a many things to be thankful for.
> > So have a great Thanksgiving everyone.
> It was just my sister Cindy, her youngest son Adam, and me at our gathering.
> It was ... interesting. Both Cindy and Adam are on some sort of diet. Adam smoked a
> turkey breast and ham. Not sure what happened but the turkey tasted a little off to me.
> Apparently he has some bugs to work out with this smoking thing. Then, they made the
> mashed potatoes out of cauliflower. [pause with a very grouchy sidelong look]
> The ham was good and since the stuffing was from a box, it also met expectations.
> We played three games of Unstable Unicorns; very entertaining.

Just my mom and me on Thanksgiving day, we were lazy and did turkey tv dinners. We had the big day on the Sat before with my son, dil (daughter-in-law), grandbabies and dil's parents at their house. I don't like left over turkey so was perfectly happy to let them make and keep the turkey. They're Egyptian so not your typical Thanksgiving dinner but good none the less. Daughter didn't make it because they had a Covid case where she works and even though she tested negative she didn't want to be around the babies just to make sure.

Christmas promises to be low key this year too.

Penni

Daniel65

Nov 28, 2020, 9:14:16 PM11/28/20
broughps wrote on 29/11/20 01:05:

<Snip>

> Daughter didn't make it because they had a Covid case where she works
> and even though she tested negative she didn't want to be around the
> babies just to make sure.

Looks like you've raised a good, caring, daughter there, Penni!! ;-)
Well done!
--
Daniel

jbjam...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2020, 11:55:02 PM11/29/20
On Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 7:05:47 AM UTC-7, broughps wrote:
> On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 8:07:47 PM UTC-5, jbjam...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 10:02:14 AM UTC-7, broughps, our very own resident
> > Fairy Godmother (and Official Holiday Monitor) wrote:
> > > While it's been an odd year to say the least, there a many things to be thankful for.
> > > So have a great Thanksgiving everyone.
> > It was just my sister Cindy, her youngest son Adam, and me at our gathering.

--- deletion, I did it on MY post so don't complain when I do it on YOUR post

> > We played three games of Unstable Unicorns; very entertaining.

> Just my mom and me on Thanksgiving day, we were lazy and did turkey tv dinners.
> We had the big day on the Sat before with my son, dil (daughter-in-law), grandbabies
> and dil's parents at their house. I don't like left over turkey so was perfectly happy to
> let them make and keep the turkey. They're Egyptian so not your typical Thanksgiving
> dinner but good none the less.

I love my family dearly BUT that smoked turkey??
1. I did NOT put any on my plate.
2. I did NOT take any leftover turkey home. (and THAT is an indictment)
<We discussed it and it is a tossup as to whether it simply did not get hot enough
for the infused liquid to mingle with the turkey meat or there was too much water
in the pan or whatever. Basically, it was NOT GOOD. I would have traded it for your
family's take on Thanksgiving turkey; that is saying something...!>

> Daughter didn't make it because they had a Covid case where she works and even
> though she tested negative she didn't want to be around the babies just to make sure.

I've been watching the news and talk shows since I've retired. Health worker, retired home
worker / nursing home worker / whatever (my mom is one of them) - your daughter is a
hero in my estimation. GOOD FOR HER. If she makes it to celebrate Christmas with you,
God bless all of you.

> Christmas promises to be low key this year too.
>
> Penni

I said it all above.

James
--
No sig for this post.

broughps

Dec 19, 2020, 10:00:26 AM12/19/20
Daughter decided she wanted to do Christmas at her house this year. First for her so it will be interesting.

Penni