roll call

James

Jan 5, 2021, 3:06:08 PM1/5/21
No, not a call to eat sweet and gooey baked goods..
Rather, this is just to help establish to my soggy mind as to
whom the regular frequenters of this not-quite-dead-yet
newsgroup are.

Obviously, there is Pen-NAH!, Steven, Daniel, and myself.
I think that Tim-MAH! might pop in once in a while. Most
others apparently have some sort of filter to alert them
when there is /significant/ enough activity to warrant their
attention. So, apart from the four I've named, might there
be any others, even if they might just be lurking?

James
--
"So, I travelled in time and I found out that the world will
end - 8 days from now."

real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 6, 2021, 5:26:37 AM1/6/21
05 January 2021 at 20:06, James wrote:
roll call (at least in part)

I pop in every now and then

>So, apart from the four I've named, might there be any others, even if they
>might just be lurking?

>James

>"So, I travelled in time and I found out that the world will end - 8 days
>from now."

So don't buy any cards for the day after then, or was that your point ??

jbjam...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2021, 4:30:51 PM1/7/21
On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 3:26:37 AM UTC-7, real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk
couldn't stop from squawking in alt.tv.farscape:
> 05 January 2021 at 20:06, James was his usual self with:
> roll call (at least in part)
>
> >So, apart from the four I've named, might there be any others, even if they
> >might just be lurking?
> I poop in every now and then [1]

So, by my count, it is three Brits (Steven, Daniel, and you), Penni, and me
who are regulars here now.

*SIGH* I suppose that is better than average for what would be described
as a dead newsgroup.

> >James
> >"So, I traveled in time and I found out that the world will
> >end - 8 days from now."
> So don't buy any cards for the day after then, or was that your point ??

Oh, by all means, go and buy cards, if that is something you have planned.
Time travel is still in its infancy at this point and can not be used with any
degree of accuracy for stating the occurrence of future events, allowing
for quantum irregularities and Heisenberg variances.

[1] I edited your wording slightly, just to make it a tad more interesting.
In the interests of accuracy, I am just pointing that fact out.

James
--
"So, I traveled in time and I found out that the world will
end - 8 days from now."
*PAUSE* I guess I should put on a pot of coffee.
(And maybe water for tea. After all, you Brits should have your tastes
accommodated.)

real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 8, 2021, 1:17:53 AM1/8/21
07 January 2021 at 13:30, jbjam...@gmail.com wrote:
Re: roll call (at least in part)

>On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 3:26:37 AM UTC-7, real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk
>couldn't stop from squawking in alt.tv.farscape:
>> 05 January 2021 at 20:06, James was his usual self with:
>> roll call (at least in part)

>>> So, apart from the four I've named, might there be any others, even if they
>>> might just be lurking?

>> I poop in every now and then [1]

>So, by my count, it is three Brits (Steven, Daniel, and you), Penni, and me
>who are regulars here now.

>*SIGH* I suppose that is better than average for what would be described
>as a dead newsgroup.

From my (albeit scant) research The dead newsgroup (Alt.dead) has less, once
you discard the spam even with it there arnt that many

>[1] I edited your wording slightly, just to make it a tad more interesting.
>In the interests of accuracy, I am just pointing that fact out.

>James

>"So, I traveled in time and I found out that the world will
> end - 8 days from now."

>*PAUSE* I guess I should put on a pot of coffee.

>(And maybe water for tea. After all, you Brits should have your tastes
>accommodated.)

That depends on what time the world ends (that will be linked to local time) if
it's morning (before 11:00) Tea ofcause, from then till 20:00 (that can vary a
bit so not set in stone) Coffee is fine, any later then I think Coca (or warm
milk) would be correct, then again "IF" we are sure of the end a V E R Y large
Tequila seem better

Daniel65

Jan 8, 2021, 2:52:12 AM1/8/21
jbjam...@gmail.com wrote on 08/01/21 08:30:
> On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 3:26:37 AM UTC-7, real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk
> couldn't stop from squawking in alt.tv.farscape:
>> 05 January 2021 at 20:06, James was his usual self with:
>> roll call (at least in part)
>>
>>> So, apart from the four I've named, might there be any others, even if they
>>> might just be lurking?
>> I poop in every now and then [1]
>
> So, by my count, it is three Brits (Steven, Daniel, and you), Penni, and me
> who are regulars here now.

Who's a Brit??

Ozzie!! Ozzie! Ozzie!! Oi! Oi! Oi!
--
Daniel

TGH

Jan 8, 2021, 1:19:54 PM1/8/21
(Must resist the Convict comment.) oops that was out loud.

I'm definitely a Brit, a Labour party card carrying, Watford FC
supporter, and member of the Morrisoning Fan club;)

Steve

James

Jan 8, 2021, 2:25:28 PM1/8/21
On 08 Jan 2021, TGH <t...@whatnot.org> scrunched up his/her face,
dug deep in his/her gray cells, and screeched the following in
alt.tv.farscape:

> On 08/01/21 07:52, Daniel65 squealed like a girlie:
>> jbjam...@gmail.com flung the following like gorilla poo
>> on 08/01/21 08:30:
>>> On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 3:26:37 AM UTC-7,
>>> real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk couldn't stop from squawking in
>>> alt.tv.farscape:

>>> So, by my count, it is three Brits (Steven, Daniel, and you),
>>> Penni, and me who are regulars here now.
>>
>> Who's a Brit??
>>
>> Ozzie!! Ozzie! Ozzie!! Oi! Oi! Oi!
>
> (Must resist the Convict comment.) oops that was out loud.

The public education system Down Under; tsk, tsk, tsk.
How is it possible for someone to misspell "Oink"??

> I'm definitely a Brit, a Labour party card carrying, Watford FC
> supporter, and member of the Morrisoning Fan club;)

Big fan of "morrisoning". Been doing it for a lot of years.

James
--
-- Well-behaved women seldom make history.
== The really raucous ones DO leave their mark.

..... just saying .....

Daniel65

Jan 9, 2021, 12:06:26 AM1/9/21
TGH wrote on 09/01/21 05:19:
> On 08/01/21 07:52, Daniel65 wrote:
>> jbjam...@gmail.com wrote on 08/01/21 08:30:
>>> On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 3:26:37 AM UTC-7,
>>> real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk couldn't stop from squawking in
>>> alt.tv.farscape:

>>> So, by my count, it is three Brits (Steven, Daniel, and you),
>>> Penni, and me who are regulars here now.
>>
>> Who's a Brit??
>>
>> Ozzie!! Ozzie! Ozzie!! Oi! Oi! Oi!
>
> (Must resist the Convict comment.) oops that was out loud.

Hey!! Finding Convicts in one's Genealogy is a bit of a badge of honour,
here-abouts!!
--
Daniel

real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 9, 2021, 3:17:22 AM1/9/21
08 January 2021 at 19:25, James wrote:
so, no need for more chairs? (at least in part)

>On 08 Jan 2021, TGH <t...@whatnot.org> scrunched up his/her face,
>dug deep in his/her gray cells, and screeched the following in

>> I'm definitely a Brit, a Labour party card carrying, Watford FC
>> supporter, and member of the Morrisoning Fan club;)

>Big fan of "morrisoning". Been doing it for a lot of years.

They've not been the same since they were SafeWays, no freebies on Thursday
nights now, and they move the stock around so much that the star charts are out
dated in weeks

James

Jan 9, 2021, 1:46:05 PM1/9/21
On 08 Jan 2021, Gray Alien <bit-b...@test.smtp.org> scrunched up
his/her face, dug deep in his/her gray cells, and screeched the
following in alt.tv.farscape:

> James wrote:
>
>> No, not a call to eat sweet and gooey baked goods..
>> Rather, this is just to help establish to my soggy mind as to
>> whom the regular frequenters of this not-quite-dead-yet
>> newsgroup are.
>>
>> Obviously, there is Pen-NAH!, Steven, Daniel, and myself.
>> I think that Tim-MAH! might pop in once in a while. Most
>> others apparently have some sort of filter to alert them
>> when there is /significant/ enough activity to warrant their
>> attention. So, apart from the four I've named, might there
>> be any others, even if they might just be lurking?
>
> Yep, I'm still here now and then. Usually, when I'm doing a
> backup and I see I've still got my original 'customized' version
> of Mr Luu Tran's most excellent newsreader.

Tim-MAH! That brings the count to two Brits, a convicted pig[1]
from Down Under, Pen-NAH!, you, and me. Anyone else??

[1] I am omitting "illiterate" because who can expect spelling
from a farm animal. I used "pig" because he misspelled "oink"
as "oi". Sheesh! I used "convicted" because Steven referred to
it.

Jamés
--
> You'll be happy to know that having something to focus on
> is calming the vividness of my hallucinations. I think I'll
> probably able to take it from here, agent. Thank you.

+ Walter...

> I'm glad she's gone. Very negative energy.

--- FRINGE

James

Jan 9, 2021, 1:50:36 PM1/9/21
On 08 Jan 2021, Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org>
scrunched up his/her face, dug deep in his/her gray cells, and
screeched the following in alt.tv.farscape:

> TGH wrote on 09/01/21 05:19:

>>> Who's a Brit??
>>>
>>> Ozzie!! Ozzie! Ozzie!! Oi! Oi! Oi!
>>
>> (Must resist the Convict comment.) oops that was out loud.
>
> Hey!! Finding Convicts in one's Genealogy is a bit of a badge of
> honour, here-abouts!!

Kind of like being an India... uh, Native American in the USA?
So, can we round you lot up and stick you on reservations?
(See what I did there? Managed to take a dig at two cultures
at the same time.)

Jamés
--
> You'll be happy to know that having something to focus on
> is calming the vividness of my hallucinations. I think I'll
> probably able to take it from here, agent. Thank you.

+ Walter...

> I'm glad she's gone. Very negative energy.

--- FRINGE

James

Jan 17, 2021, 7:57:33 PM1/17/21
On 17 Jan 2021, Nick <ni...@email.com> scrunched up his/her face,
dug deep in his/her gray cells, and screeched the following in
alt.tv.farscape:

> Gray Alien wrote:
>> James wrote:
>>
>>> No, not a call to eat sweet and gooey baked goods..
>>> Rather, this is just to help establish to my soggy mind as to
>>> whom the regular frequenters of this not-quite-dead-yet
>>> newsgroup are.
>>>
>>> Obviously, there is Pen-NAH!, Steven, Daniel, and myself.
>>> I think that Tim-MAH! might pop in once in a while. Most
>>> others apparently have some sort of filter to alert them
>>> when there is /significant/ enough activity to warrant their
>>> attention. So, apart from the five I've named, might there
>>> be any others, even if they might just be lurking?
>>
>> Yep, I'm still here now and then. Usually, when I'm doing a
>> backup and I see I've still got my original 'customized'
>> version of Mr Luu Tran's most excellent newsreader.
>

> I take a peek on occasion.

And I saw a post by the estimable John I. So, that raises the
count to seven.

James
--
"Normalcy is vastly overrated; it is just that all the
alternatives make