December holidays

jbjam...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2020, 3:42:25 PM12/2/20
This one is for our beloved Pen-NAH! who makes sure we have holiday wishes for all the regular holidays. Courtesy of a trivial email thing, I got an article on December holidays.

Today, Dec. 2, is National Mutt Day. If I could have a dog in my apartment, I would and it would be from the local animal shelter (the pound, so to speak).
Dec. 5 is Bathtub Party Day. Apparently this is not necessarily intended for a group of people to party in a bathtub, but rather to promote a person who ordinarily would shower to rather enjoy the comforts and such of a bathtub.
Dec. 10 is Nobel Prize Day. 'Nuff said.
Dec. 18 is Ugly Christmas Sweater Day. Ooooookaaay...
Dec. 21 is Humbug Day. Hmmmm, not so much for Christmas for me but there are other holidays which IMO deserve humbugging. Well, come to think of it, maybe for Christmas when it comes to saturating the market with Christmas music for so long before the actual day. I personally think that they should only play Christmas music for at most a week. But that's me.
Dec. 23 is Festivus. If you know and watch SEINFELD, then you are familiar with this one.
Dec. 25 is also Pumpkin Pie Day. Hee hee!

There were a few others but I omitted them. Sue me.

James
--
In the spirit of the season and in acknowledgment of most folks not knowing the lyrics of songs, especially Christmas songs and lastly in tribute to Walt Kelly, the towering genius who wrote the POGO comic strip, here are the words to "Deck Us All With Boston Charlie":

Deck us all with Boston Charlie
Walla walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley
Swaller dollar cauliflower alley'garoo!
Don't we know archaic barrel
Lullaby lilla boy, Louisville Lou?
Trolley Molly don't love Harold
Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly
Polly welly cracker n' too-da-loo!
Donkey Bonny brays a carol
Antelope Cantaloup, 'lope with you!

Hunky Dory's pop is lolly gaggin' on the wagon
Willy, folly go through!
Chollie's collie barks at Barrow
Harum scarum five alarum bung-a-loo!

Duck us all in bowls of barley
Ninky dinky dink an' polly voo!
Chilly Filly's name is Chollie
Chollie Filly's jolly chilly view halloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly
Double-bubble, toyland trouble! Woof, Woof, Woof!
Tizzy seas on melon collie!
Dibble-dabble, scribble-scrabble! Goof, Goof, Goof!

--
Merry Crispness, one and all!

broughps

Dec 19, 2020, 10:04:29 AM12/19/20
That is really funny and apropos since most people especially kids get the words to Christmas carols wrong all the time.

Penni

jbjam...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2020, 1:39:57 PM12/25/20
Walt Kelly was a comedic genius. We are all diminished by his absence,
lo, these many years since his passing.

James