New Year's

jbjam...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2020, 12:19:13 PM12/30/20
A happy and hopefully less erratic one than the train wreck that was 2020.
A pandemic, a Hitlerian[1] president who wouldn't relinquish power, the
increasingly silly social practices of our culture, other things too many to
enumerate here - may the coming year give us a return to -- well, since
everything eventually changes, "normalcy" seems not quite precise. Let
us instead make this toast:
"To the year ahead, may we grow as individuals, appreciating those things
and persons with which we have been gifted, and encourage and support
others to similarly appreciate their gifts. May we not forget this past year
but rather take from it what lessons there may be which will help us avoid
any mistakes or errors in judgment as we move forward."

*CLINK* #SLURP#

Well, that's over with. Someone (other than me) needs to see about cleaning
all this up.

James
--
Entropy requires no maintenance.[1]

[1] Neither does apathy.[2]

[2] Not that anyone cares...

James

Dec 30, 2020, 12:42:10 PM12/30/20
On 30 Dec 2020, jbjam...@gmail.com grabbed a Big Chief[tm] tablet,
scooped up some crayons, and scribbled the following in
alt.tv.farscape:

> A happy and hopefully less erratic one than the train wreck that
> was 2020. A pandemic, a Hitlerian[1] president who wouldn't
> relinquish power, the increasingly silly social practices of our
> culture, other things too many to enumerate here - may the coming
> year give us a return to -- well, since everything eventually
> changes, "normalcy" seems not quite precise. Let us instead make
> this toast: "To the year ahead, may we grow as individuals,
> appreciating those things and persons with which we have been
> gifted, and encourage and support others to similarly appreciate
> their gifts. May we not forget this past year but rather take from
> it what lessons there may be which will help us avoid any mistakes
> or errors in judgment as we move forward."
>
> *CLINK* #SLURP#
>
> Well, that's over with. Someone (other than me) needs to see about
> cleaning all this up.

[1] This term, while many would consider it to be pejorative, is
actually intended as a factual adjective. When you examine many
of Adolph Hitler's actions and attitudes, you will see very uncanny
similarities with those of our outgoing president.

James
--
Entropy requires no maintenance.[2]

[2] Neither does apathy.[3]

[3] Not that anyone cares...

TGH

Jan 8, 2021, 1:28:39 PM1/8/21
On 30/12/20 17:42, James wrote:
> On 30 Dec 2020, jbjam...@gmail.com grabbed a Big Chief[tm] tablet,
> scooped up some crayons, and scribbled the following in
> alt.tv.farscape:
>
>> A happy and hopefully less erratic one than the train wreck that
>> was 2020. A pandemic, a Hitlerian[1] president who wouldn't
>> relinquish power, the increasingly silly social practices of our
>> culture, other things too many to enumerate here - may the coming
>> year give us a return to -- well, since everything eventually
>> changes, "normalcy" seems not quite precise. Let us instead make
>> this toast: "To the year ahead, may we grow as individuals,
>> appreciating those things and persons with which we have been
>> gifted, and encourage and support others to similarly appreciate
>> their gifts. May we not forget this past year but rather take from
>> it what lessons there may be which will help us avoid any mistakes
>> or errors in judgment as we move forward."
>>
>> *CLINK* #SLURP#
>>
>> Well, that's over with. Someone (other than me) needs to see about
>> cleaning all this up.
>
> [1] This term, while many would consider it to be pejorative, is
> actually intended as a factual adjective. When you examine many
> of Adolph Hitler's actions and attitudes, you will see very uncanny
> similarities with those of our outgoing president.

Oh how right you were with the comparison there, whipping up crowds so
they storm congress, people killed because of it, Proud boys are Trumps
answer to the Brown shirts.

Steve