January holidays (2021 v.)

James

Jan 9, 2021, 2:14:04 PM1/9/21
Okay, other holidays in January (besides New Year's)...
Tomorrow, Jan. 10, is Save The Eagles Day. Since I do not believe
there are eagles in the UK and probably not Down Under, this one
is probably only of interest to Tim-MAH!, Pen-NAH!, and me.
Jan. 18 is Thesaurus Day. This one would be special to me, being
the verbose kind of fellow that I am.
Jan. 24 is Peanut Butter Day, which should be of interest to any-
one who has enjoyed this tasty spread/ingredient.
Jan. 27 is Library Shelfie Day. Huh. Apparently on this day
people are encouraged to take 'selfies' with their favorite
books. I LIKE IT!
Jan. 29 is Puzzle Day. As someone who enjoys the occasional
jigsaw, I felt I should include this one.

Jamés
--
> You'll be happy to know that having something to focus on
> is calming the vividness of my hallucinations. I think I'll
> probably able to take it from here, agent. Thank you.

+ Walter...

> I'm glad she's gone. Very negative energy.

--- FRINGE

real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 9, 2021, 5:37:14 PM1/9/21
09 January 2021 at 19:14, James wrote:
January holidays (2021 v.) (at least in part)

>Jan. 10, is Save The Eagles Day. Since I do not believe
>there are eagles in the UK

Wrong, we do have them

jbjam...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2021, 7:04:09 PM1/9/21
Not showing up on my news server so I had to google-group it...

On Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 3:37:14 PM UTC-7, real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> 09 January 2021 at 19:14, James wrote:

Apparently there was snippage done.

> >Jan. 10, is Save The Eagles Day. Since I do not believe
> >there are eagles in the UK
> Wrong, we do have them

Cool. Do you have buzzards, too? Vulture-like birds that scavenge dead animals?
I am thinking not because I believe them to be unique to the Americas, if not
just North America.

And you didn't comment on the other holidays. Not a big deal but barring a nut
allergy, just about everyone likes peanut butter.

James
--
Living la vida loca.
Just not in the Ricky Martin gay way....

James

Jan 9, 2021, 7:08:51 PM1/9/21
On 09 Jan 2021, "jbjam...@gmail.com" <jbjam...@gmail.com>
scrunched up his/her face, dug deep in his/her gray cells, and
screeched the following in alt.tv.farscape:

> Not showing up on my news server so I had to google-group it...
>
> On Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 3:37:14 PM UTC-7,
> real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Major snippage.

Yup, it's official. Griz is a ghost on my server.

James

Daniel65

Jan 10, 2021, 3:44:26 AM1/10/21
James wrote on 10/01/21 06:14:
> Okay, other holidays in January (besides New Year's)...
> Tomorrow, Jan. 10, is Save The Eagles Day.

So does that mean Philly might win its Play-off game?? (Or shouldn't I
mention Sport here-abouts?? ;-P

> Since I do not believe
> there are eagles in the UK and probably not Down Under,

Yes, we have Eagles!! Both wildlife and Sporting!

--
Daniel

real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 10, 2021, 6:02:17 AM1/10/21
09 January 2021 at 16:04, jbjam...@gmail.com wrote:
Re: January holidays (2021 v.) (at least in part)

>Not showing up on my news server so I had to google-group it...

>On Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 3:37:14 PM UTC-7, real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>> 09 January 2021 at 19:14, James wrote:

>Apparently there was snippage done.

>> >Jan. 10, is Save The Eagles Day. Since I do not believe
>> >there are eagles in the UK
>> Wrong, we do have them
>
>Cool. Do you have buzzards, too? Vulture-like birds that scavenge dead animals?

Yep Buzzards are more common than the Eagles (Golden & Sea) we have, thay may
be smaller here

>I am thinking not because I believe them to be unique to the Americas, if not
>just North America.

>And you didn't comment on the other holidays.

Jan. 18 is Thesaurus Day.
Use one every day, have to with my bad spelling

Jan. 24 is Peanut Butter Day,
Surly that's every day also

Jan. 27 is Library Shelfie Day.
Never taken a selfie in my life, not thinking of starting now

Jan. 29 is Puzzle Day.
Not so much jigsaws, but do 2 Enigma & a CodeWord puzzle each day

>Not a big deal but barring a nut allergy, just about everyone likes peanut
>butter.

For some reason I seem to not see my own posts, just replies (if any)

jbjam...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2021, 4:42:39 PM1/10/21

James

Jan 10, 2021, 4:55:41 PM1/10/21
On 10 Jan 2021, "jbjam...@gmail.com" <jbjam...@gmail.com>
reposted the following in alt.tv.farscape:

> On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 4:02:17 AM UTC-7,
> real_grizz wrote:
>> 09 January 2021 at 16:04, jbjam...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Re: January holidays (2021 v.) (at least in part)
>> >Not showing up on my news server so I had to google-group
>> >it...

>> >Apparently there was snippage done.

>> >Cool. Do you have buzzards, too? Vulture-like birds that
>> >scavenge dead animals?
>> Yep Buzzards are more common than the Eagles (Golden & Sea) we
>> have, thay may be smaller here

Huh, okay.

>> >I am thinking not because I believe them to be unique to the
>> >Americas, if not just North America.

And I was incorrect. Not the first time that has happened nor,
alas, will it be the last.

>> >And you didn't comment on the other holidays.
>> Jan. 18 is Thesaurus Day.
>> Use one every day, have to with my bad spelling

Ummmmmm. Okay.

>> Jan. 24 is Peanut Butter Day,
>> Surly that's every day also

Yes it is. No need to be testy about... Oh. I see.
The word you were intending was "surEly". You weren't
kidding about the bad spelling. <snerk>

>> Jan. 27 is Library Shelfie Day.
>> Never taken a selfie in my life, not thinking of starting now

Not even for a book??
<Ace Ventura>
Allrightythen.
</Ace Ventura>

>> Jan. 29 is Puzzle Day.
>> Not so much jigsaws, but do 2 Enigma & a CodeWord puzzle each
>> day

Good on you, mate.

>> For some reason I seem to not see my own posts, just replies
>> (if any)

I saw and responded to your test post so you seem to have found
a solution.

James

real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 11, 2021, 2:00:45 AM1/11/21
OK I see I confused you, I shall clarify

not only can I get the wrong spelling (oft caught by normal spell check at send
time) but I may get the wrong word that is otherwise spelled correctly
(there-their, here-hear, where-wear, quit-quote-quite-quiet) also there are
typos, I have a keyboard with a mind of its own, not so much AI as bl**dy
minded

>>> Jan. 24 is Peanut Butter Day,
>>> Surly that's every day also

>Yes it is. No need to be testy about... Oh. I see.
>The word you were intending was "surEly". You weren't
>kidding about the bad spelling. <snerk>

>>> Jan. 27 is Library Shelfie Day.
>>> Never taken a selfie in my life, not thinking of starting now

>Not even for a book??
><Ace Ventura>
>Allrightythen.
></Ace Ventura>

>>> Jan. 29 is Puzzle Day.
>>> Not so much jigsaws, but do 2 Enigma & a CodeWord puzzle each
>>> day

>Good on you, mate.

helps with problam one

>>> For some reason I seem to not see my own posts, just replies
>>> (if any)

>I saw and responded to your test post so you seem to have found
>a solution.

It remains to be seen, that was a "first" post, I then wondered if the problem
was only with my responces? as that accounts for 99.9% of my posts to Farscape,
having not been on list as long as many (if you can say many with the number we
have left) of you

Grizz

Daniel65

Jan 11, 2021, 3:58:27 AM1/11/21
Daniel65 wrote on 10/01/21 19:44:
> James wrote on 10/01/21 06:14:
>> Okay, other holidays in January (besides New Year's)...
>> Tomorrow, Jan. 10, is Save The Eagles Day.
>
> So does that mean Philly might win its Play-off game?? (Or shouldn't I
> mention Sport here-abouts?? ;-P

Opps!! I was referring, above, to the (Philadelphia) Eagles but it was
Pittsburgh (Steelers) that played (and lost) today!!
--
Daniel