Penni is slipping - Mother's Day

James

May 11, 2021, 6:03:02 PM5/11/21
No reminder for this,a most venerated (in the female subspecies'
mind) holiday? Seriously??

James
--
Entropy requires no maintenance.[1]

[1] Neither does apathy.[2]

[2] Not that anyone cares...

broughps

May 31, 2021, 11:03:20 AM5/31/21
More like not all countries celebrate Mother's Day on the same day.

Penni

jbjam...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2021, 1:59:10 AM6/1/21
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 9:03:20 AM UTC-6, broughps wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 6:03:02 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
> > No reminder for this,a most venerated (in the female subspecies'
> > mind) holiday? Seriously??
> >
> More like not all countries celebrate Mother's Day on the same day.
>
> Penni

Glad you are still around, Penni. I hope you are enjoying your grandsprite.
Had a bit of a scare with my mom. UTI, it seems. Anyway, be well and God bless you.

James

Daniel65

Jun 1, 2021, 3:15:49 AM6/1/21
Is it a case of the Dad's snuggling up in Winter (Here in Australia,
Father's Day is in August, late Winter!) so we get Mothers giving birth
in May (Mother's Day in early'ish May, late Autumn)??

Of course, the season's would be different if you were at the wrong end
of the Earth!! ;-P
--
Daniel

James

Jun 2, 2021, 7:49:39 PM6/2/21
On 01 Jun 2021, Daniel65 using news:s94mr3$bb8$1...@dont-email.me,
felt exceptionally daring and tried to get away with saying the
following in alt.tv.farscape:

> broughps wrote on 1/06/2021 1:03 am:
>> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 6:03:02 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
>>> No reminder for this,a most venerated (in the female
>>> subspecies' mind) holiday? Seriously??
>>
>> More like not all countries celebrate Mother's Day on the same
>> day.
>>
> Is it a case of the Dad's snuggling up in Winter (Here in
> Australia, Father's Day is in August, late Winter!)

[Pardon my attempt at linguistic colloquialism (or whatever you
might call it)] Wot?! Wif one unavah??

You savage Aussie poofters!! Har-de-har-HAR-HAR! Or, if you
prefer, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

> so we get Mothers giving birth in May (Mother's Day in early-
> ish May, late Autumn)??

What?? I had it wrong up there? Oh, poo! <screws up face in an
unbecoming -and uncharacteristic- thinking scowl> Meh. Let it
stand. Possibly the Mothers were giving birth to babies sired by
- not the Fathers?? <again with the "Har-de-" or the "hahaha...">

> Of course, the season's would be different if you were at the
> wrong end of the Earth!! ;-P

I would be more forgiving of the "wrong end of the Earth" thing if
you would only STOP USING APOSTROPHES IN PLURALS!! For your savage
punctuation misuse, I sentence you to ... wait for it ... the
American Midwest. (God have mercy on your undeserving soul)
<again with the laughter thing>

James
--
"Normalcy is vastly overrated; it is just that all the alternatives
make all the babes, female and male go "Eww!" - me

Daniel65

Jun 3, 2021, 5:37:52 AM6/3/21
James wrote on 3/6/21 9:49 am:
> On 01 Jun 2021, Daniel65 using news:s94mr3$bb8$1...@dont-email.me,
> felt exceptionally daring and tried to get away with saying the
> following in alt.tv.farscape:
>
>> broughps wrote on 1/06/2021 1:03 am:
>>>
>>> More like not all countries celebrate Mother's Day on the same
>>> day.
>>>
>> Is it a case of the Dad's snuggling up in Winter (Here in
>> Australia, Father's Day is in August, late Winter!)
>
> [Pardon my attempt at linguistic colloquialism (or whatever you
> might call it)] Wot?! Wif one unavah??

Yes, as I started reading your post, I realised I was not explicit in my
post!

> You savage Aussie poofters!! Har-de-har-HAR-HAR! Or, if you
> prefer, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
>
>> so we get Mothers giving birth in May (Mother's Day in early-
>> ish May, late Autumn)??
>
> What?? I had it wrong up there? Oh, poo! <screws up face in an
> unbecoming -and uncharacteristic- thinking scowl> Meh. Let it
> stand. Possibly the Mothers were giving birth to babies sired by
> - not the Fathers?? <again with the "Har-de-" or the "hahaha...">
>
>> Of course, the season's would be different if you were at the
>> wrong end of the Earth!! ;-P
>
> I would be more forgiving of the "wrong end of the Earth" thing if
> you would only STOP USING APOSTROPHES IN PLURALS!! For your savage
> punctuation misuse, I sentence you to ... wait for it ... the
> American Midwest. (God have mercy on your undeserving soul)
> <again with the laughter thing>

AHHHhh!! No!! I will improve my linguistics!! Honest, I will!! ;-P
--
Daniel

broughps

Jul 4, 2021, 2:46:18 PM7/4/21
Gives James a look. I'm originally from the Midwest.

Penni