Re: Ping Daniel

Daniel65

Dec 26, 2021, 5:09:07 AM12/26/21
Gray Alien wrote on 26/12/21 3:15 pm:
> As a Linux user, would you tell me why I can't install Kubuntu 21.10 on an
> external Maxtor HDD. It's 200GB and quite old, but windows handles it with
> no problem. It has a PETA interface, but that shouldn't matter, no?
>
> I get this: 'error: fsyncing/closing /dev/sbd: Remote I/O error'
>
> Selecting 'Retry' makes it immediately pop up again. 'Ignore' causes a non-
> responsive system. The only option I have is the press-and-hold-the-button
> to shutdown kind. Although, the Kubuntu shutdown window does come up. Any
> thoughts?

Beyond my capabilities, Gray, but, if I had to have a *guess* , I'd say
trying to boot from an external drive is fraught with danger.

I would suggest you try asking in alt.os.linux ..... or, even,
alt.os.linux.kubuntu if it exists!
--
Daniel

real_gri...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 27, 2021, 1:13:41 AM12/27/21
26 December 2021 at 4:15, Gray Alien wrote:
Ping Daniel (at least in part)

>As a Linux user, would you tell me why I can't install Kubuntu 21.10 on an
>external Maxtor HDD.

Try asking on http://www.ubuntu.com

I could offer a few pointers but not sure here the best place