Re: The *Worst* SF/Fantasy TV Shows Of All Time

1 view

Ubiquitous

Mar 8, 2007, 6:01:05 AM3/8/07
sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net wrote:

>Here's my list of the *worst* SF/fantasy shows I can remember:
>
>1. Supertrain (1979). Despite a big budget and high expectations,
>plots so awful they wouldn't even be suitable for Saturday morning
>children's cartoons. Perhaps the most expensively produced TV flop up
>to that time.
>
>2. Galactica 1980. An extremely lame attempt at a spinoff from the
>original Battlestar Galactica.
>
>3. My Mother the Car (1965). Just what it sounds like.
>
>4. Manimal (1983). Ridiculed by critics, and was the constant butt of
>jokes by David Letterman. Usually found on everybody's "10 Worst List"
>of genre shows.
>
>5. Space Ghost (1966; not the later "Coast to Coast" version).
>Mindless violence for the kiddies on Saturday morning; a lot of parents
>complained about its excessive gratuitous violence.
>
>6. The Adventures of Twizzle (1957). Gerry Anderson's first attempt at
>a children's fantasy series. He said he was so embarrassed about it
>that he didn't even want to discuss it with anyone. Oh, well, at least
>it was just his first attempt.
>
>7. The Flying Nun (1967). An inane idea to begin with--a nun that can
>fly through the air via her magical headgear. Made even worse in Season
>2 when Sally Field, the actress playing the nun, became visibly pregnant.
>
>8. Homeboys in Outer Space (1996). Though it was supposed to be a
>parody, it was denounced by civil-rights activists for its racial
>stereotypes.
>
>9. Woops! (1992). A post-nuclear war post-apocalypse sitcom focusing
>on a handful of survivors and their hilarious attempts to restart
>civilization.
>
>10. The Starlost (1973). Badly acted, bad sets, bad FX.
>

>Anyone like to add more to this list?

Earth-2 was by far the worst I've ever seen. The writers were downright
PROUD that they didn't have a grasp on the fundamentals of science or
writing, for that ,atter.

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn

Dave Rutan

Mar 8, 2007, 10:11:32 AM3/8/07
Ubiquitous wrote:

>> Anyone like to add more to this list?
>
> Earth-2 was by far the worst I've ever seen. The writers were downright
> PROUD that they didn't have a grasp on the fundamentals of science or

> writing, for that matter.

Agreed. We got the whole DVD set for Christmas. The funniest thing I
noticed that is seemed in every episode someone was falling down an
embankment and getting hurt, so they couldn't get back to camp.

Dave
--
The Koplushian Alliance
http://koplushia.wiki-site.com/

Invid Fan

Mar 8, 2007, 1:18:00 PM3/8/07
In article <45f02...@nntp2.nac.net>, Dave Rutan <rut...@nac.net>
wrote:

> Ubiquitous wrote:
>
> >> Anyone like to add more to this list?
> >
> > Earth-2 was by far the worst I've ever seen. The writers were downright
> > PROUD that they didn't have a grasp on the fundamentals of science or
> > writing, for that matter.
>
> Agreed. We got the whole DVD set for Christmas. The funniest thing I
> noticed that is seemed in every episode someone was falling down an
> embankment and getting hurt, so they couldn't get back to camp.

Maybe they were Doctor Who fans and had recently seen The Five Doctors
:)

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS