Earth 2 props

David Russell

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
to clea...@aol.com
Hi, tell me more about this please !

Nicholas Edwards

Apr 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/24/96
On 10 Apr 1996 17:54:32 GMT, David Russell <drus...@gibnet.gi> wrote:

>Hi, tell me more about this please !

I was thinking about this, I just hope that Universal or Amblin has
kept all the props and things .... so the journey can continue. :)

Mary Brick

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

In article <317e168...@newshost.pcug.org.au>, nic...@pcug.org.au
(Nicholas Edwards) wrote:

At New Pacificon '96 I was talking to Kevin Pike, one of the SPFX
directors. He said that, contrary to what Universal has said, many of the
props and sets are being held in storage (for either possible re-use for
another show or, hopefully, waiting for the journey to continue......)

Mary

Mary Brick

Views expressed are mine, not those of The MITRE Corporation

tyya...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 2:33:11 AM10/10/16
On Wednesday, April 10, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, David Russell wrote:
> Hi, tell me more about this please !

I guess I am a little late to the discussion.... But in the 20 years since this was posted has there been any new updates?

4go...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2017, 9:36:57 PM7/2/17
On Wednesday, April 10, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, David Russell wrote:
> Hi, tell me more about this please !

just wanted to drop by and wish this thread a happy belated 21st birthday!

tyya...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 11:19:53 AM4/21/18
On Wednesday, April 10, 1996 at 10:00:00 AM UTC+3, David Russell wrote:
> Hi, tell me more about this please !

wow time flies, 22nd birthday already. Lets make this a special year :)

tyya...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2019, 5:14:45 PM10/19/19
On Wednesday, April 24, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Nicholas Edwards wrote:
> On 10 Apr 1996 17:54:32 GMT, David Russell <drus...@gibnet.gi> wrote:
>
> >Hi, tell me more about this please !
>
> I was thinking about this, I just hope that Universal or Amblin has
> kept all the props and things .... so the journey can continue. :)

Just popping on for my yearly post... also just wanted to say, that when you made the first post back in april of 1996 I was only 1 month old at the time

Ty Yamnitz

Jul 30, 2022, 2:42:25 AM7/30/22
Forgot about this for a little bit haha

David Grindle

Jul 30, 2022, 8:00:27 AM7/30/22
I miss this show so much. It was cancelled far too early for sure. I've always wondered why no one has tried to reboot it

jtmpreno

Jul 30, 2022, 8:52:04 AM7/30/22
We are going to need an Earth 2, a real Earth 2, before too long.

We are making Earth 1 uninhabitable, the same as they did.

The question is, how many people does it take to maintain a
technological civilization?

For example, to make integrated circuits you need the machines to make
the machines to make the machines to make the machines to make them.

You need to mine the ore, process the ore, smelt the ore, to make the
steel (or other metal) to make the machines to mine the ore....

etc.

Would 50K people be enough? 1M?

How are you going to get that many people to Earth 2?

Or even Mars?

And, BTW, a child born on Mars or any other planet with a much lower
gravity that Earth 1 will never be able to go to Earth 1. Their bones
will be too thin.

There will be the same problem with people who go to Mars and stay there
too long.

Indeed, after being weightless for the 7 months to get to Mars (best
case) the crew might not be able to stand up even on Mars.

And since they probably won't have a dentist as a member of the crew
don't forget to bring some dental pliers with you. That will be the only
way to solve dental problems.