EARTH2 Actress J. Madison Wright Passes Away

Casey McDonald's Guidance Counsellor, Ian J. Ball

Jul 27, 2006, 9:46:08 PM7/27/06
[Man, she was young. Depressing news...]

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-morris27jul27,1,5990462.stor
y?coll=la-news-obituaries

OBITUARIES

J.M. Wright Morris, 21; Child Actress Got a New Heart
By Valerie J. Nelson, Times Staff Writer
July 27, 2006

J. Madison Wright Morris, a former child actress who underwent a heart
transplant at 15 and had a heart attack a day after returning from her
honeymoon in Hawaii, died Friday. She was 21.

Morris, who on July 8 married Brent Joseph Morris, a medical student at
the University of Kentucky, died at the University of Kentucky Hospital
in Lexington.

Her first major role was in the mid-1990s NBC series "Earth 2." She also
appeared in the 1997 feature film "Shiloh," with her younger sister
Tori, and in several television shows, including "ER." Her last role was
in the 1998 Disney TV movie "Safety Patrol."

Her career began at 5, when she went to an open audition in Lexington
and was chosen for a summer modeling stint in New York. By the next
year, she and her sister were represented by the Ford Modeling Agency.

She used J. Madison Wright as her professional name, insisting at 12
that there were "just too many Jessicas" to be known by her first name.

In 1992, she moved with her family to Los Angeles to pursue acting and
started out at 9 playing uppity young beauty contestants in "Grace Under
Fire" and "The Nanny."

In "Earth 2," she portrayed True Danziger, a motherless girl taught to
fend for herself in a world of intergalactic space travel centuries in
the future, according to her fan club, the Screaming Trues. The club
takes its name from her character's propensity to shriek when frightened.

As a teenager, she and her family returned to Kentucky, where she had
recurring bouts of pneumonia and was diagnosed with restrictive
cardiomyopathy, a heart muscle disease. Clancy Brown, who played her
father in "Earth 2," led fundraising efforts to pay for the heart
transplant in 2000 at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

Born July 29, 1984, in Cincinnati, she was the eldest of four children
of Scott and Melissa Wright.

Morris attended the University of the Cumberlands in Williamsburg, Ky.,
on cheerleading and academic scholarships, graduating this year. She
planned to teach 10th-grade English this fall at George Rogers Clark
High School in Winchester, Ky.

On Monday, her funeral was held at Corinth Baptist Church in London,
Ky., the building in which she was married.

In addition to her husband, parents and sister, Morris' survivors
include her brothers Isaiah and Elijah, two grandmothers, two
grandfathers, a great-grandmother, a great-grandfather and a
great-great-grandmother.

--
"Teenagers *are* FREAKS." - Lizzie McDonald, from "Life With Derek"
(episode 1.3 (#104), "The Party")

http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/TV-Blog/

alte...@yahoo.com

Jul 27, 2006, 9:54:57 PM7/27/06
Oh wow, I remember when various E2 websites were appealing for
donations and get well cards for the heart transplant. How awful that
she had a heart attack a day after getting married.

video...@yahoo.com

Jul 28, 2006, 9:22:20 AM7/28/06

.

Actually it was immediately after the honeymoon. As one person on the
E2 group observed, at least she died at a high point in her life
(happy).

Is it normal for heart transplants to fail? In other words, was it
expected that she would die young due to the previous heart operation?

.

video...@yahoo.com

Jul 28, 2006, 9:28:24 AM7/28/06

video...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Is it normal for heart transplants to fail? In other words, was it
> expected that she would die young due to the previous heart operation?

.

Never mind: "People with restrictive cardiomyopathy may be candidates
for heart transplant. Prognosis is dependent on the underlying cause
but it is usually poor. Average (mean) survival after diagnosis is 9
years." - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000189.htm

So she probably knew she had less than a decade to live.

.

Rob Jensen

Jul 28, 2006, 12:27:07 PM7/28/06
On 27 Jul 2006 18:54:57 -0700, alte...@yahoo.com wrote:

> How awful that
>she had a heart attack a day after getting married.

The timing is such that I suspect she and her fiancee got married
*after* they'd been informed that she'd passed the point of no
recovery.

-- Rob
--
LORELAI: In the movie, only boy hobbits travel to Mount
Doom, but that's only because the girls went to do something

video...@yahoo.com

Jul 29, 2006, 5:32:48 AM7/29/06

Rob Jensen wrote:
> On 27 Jul 2006 18:54:57 -0700, alte...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > How awful that
> >she had a heart attack a day after getting married.
>
> The timing is such that I suspect she and her fiancee got married
> *after* they'd been informed that she'd passed the point of no
> recovery.

.

You mean she was lying on her deathbed & thus decided to get married?
I don't think so, because they had enough time to go on a full
honeymoon. It was only *after* she got back, that she experienced the
heart failure. I think it was a surprise death.

.

tyya...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 11:45:46 AM4/21/18
how tragic. that is a really sad ending for a marriage :(