Re: Earth 2 finally comes to DVD!

Ubiquitous

Apr 27, 2005, 10:00:03 AM4/27/05
In article <vdidnf7Bxfy...@adelphia.com>, jnantho...@aol.com wrote:

>I just read on tvshowsondvd.com that Earth 2 will be released on DVD on July 19th.

Good GAWD, what an utter waste of plastic and electrons!

That was one of the worst SF shows ever produced.

ANIM8Rfsk

Apr 27, 2005, 10:50:57 AM4/27/05
in article yf6dnZ_2g_J...@giganews.com, Ubiquitous at
web...@polaris.net wrote on 4/27/05 7:00 AM:

You liked it WAY better than I . . .

hey

that starred Jessica Steen!

Right there it makes it better than Stargate Atlantis SGA!

Paris Hilton's Best 'Gal' Pal, Ian J. Ball

Apr 27, 2005, 11:03:23 AM4/27/05
In article <BE94F4E1.2EA2F%ANIM...@cox.net>,
ANIM8Rfsk <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> in article yf6dnZ_2g_J...@giganews.com, Ubiquitous at
> web...@polaris.net wrote on 4/27/05 7:00 AM:
>
> > In article <vdidnf7Bxfy...@adelphia.com>, jnantho...@aol.com
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I just read on tvshowsondvd.com that Earth 2 will be released on DVD
> >> on July 19th.
> >
> > Good GAWD, what an utter waste of plastic and electrons!
> > That was one of the worst SF shows ever produced.
>
> You liked it WAY better than I . . .

But much less that I and others did.

> hey
> that starred Jessica Steen!
> Right there it makes it better than Stargate Atlantis SGA!

I will actually seriously mull picking this up.

Ian (Of course, the cliffhanger ending is a turn-off - if it's got
extras explaining where they intended to go from there would possibly
clinch my buying it.)

--
"I feel horrible that, once again, someone has invaded my privacy...
I don't know why this stuff always happens to me..."

jayembee

Apr 27, 2005, 8:00:00 PM4/27/05
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> jnantho...@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I just read on tvshowsondvd.com that Earth 2 will be released
>> on DVD on July 19th.
>
> Good GAWD, what an utter waste of plastic and electrons!
>
> That was one of the worst SF shows ever produced.

Not even close. I didn't care for it myself, but there are a *lot* of SF series
that are far, far worse than EARTH 2.

-- jayembee

Jaime M. de Castellvi

Apr 27, 2005, 8:14:27 PM4/27/05
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:00:03 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

This would have made Gharlane real happy.

Cheers,

Jaime

John Anthony

Apr 27, 2005, 8:33:21 PM4/27/05
<ijball***SPAM-No***@mac.com.invalid> wrote:

> I will actually seriously mull picking this up.
>

> Ian (Of course, the cliffhanger ending is a turn-off - if it's got
> extras explaining where they intended to go from there would possibly
> clinch my buying it.)

Here's what was planned for the second season (according to an old post in
alt.tv.earth2). I haven't seen the trailer myself, so that post is all I
had to go by...

(Quoted from a post by Joseph Williford cn2...@abaco.coastalnet.com)...
Universal wanted to try and keep the production cost down, one reason the
filming was going to move from New Mexico to L.A. Anyway NBC wasn't happy
about being out of the loop on a series it wasn't sure about anyway so it
choose not to pick it up. Of course if Earth 2 had been picked up and the
new producer was allowed to go ahead with his planned changes, you might not
want Earth 2 back. A few of the highlights were, the colony ship lands at
New Pacifica (Devon was back no word on how) Some new young stud comes with
it who used to pilot a council ship, must lost his crew, so Eden Advance
makes him the new leader. (Yes both Devon and John are still there). Yale
is killed off, and replaced by a young penal colonist who is also a cyborg,
and becomes sought of a son to the new leader. The colony adopts a Grendler,
no mention of Terrians in the next season. Plans for New Pacifica to become
a Dodge City of the galaxy always under the gun from penal colonists, and
other aliens? Before I forget they would also face evil warlords. Morgan
Martin is also killed off, then Bess "explores earthly pleasures" (in other
words she becomes the town slut). Last but not least Alonzo somehow
developes superhuman strength and speed.

Michael Alan Chary

Apr 27, 2005, 8:36:33 PM4/27/05
In article <rv9071p1gthiubssc...@4ax.com>,

Hell, the babe factor alone makes it superior to "Salvage 1."

--
An experiment in publishing:
http://www.ethshar.com/thesppigganexperiment0.html

tyya...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2018, 11:54:31 AM4/21/18
wow that sounds just as awful as the trailer looked. they also wanted no continuing story arch