A Google Csoportok már nem támogatja az új Usenet-bejegyzéseket és -feliratkozásokat. A korábbi tartalmak továbbra is megtekinthetők.

Meyers Briggs & due South

38 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

MaryCW

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 26. 3:00:001999. 04. 26.
Anyone here familiar with Meyers Briggs Type Indicator? And has any
effort been made to type dS characters?

- mary (INTJ)

Charmaine Engelsman-Robins

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.

MaryCW wrote:

> Anyone here familiar with Meyers Briggs Type Indicator?

Yup

> And has any
> effort been made to type dS characters?
>
> - mary (INTJ)

Ooh, what a concept! Well, there are a couple of notable web sites that
have almost everything about ds including fiction, but in my browsing I
don't think I've ever come across anything like this! That would be
really interesting ... I think we pretty much KNOW how OFM would come
across, but I'd be very interested to see Ray V and StanRay done, plus
Dief!

Charm
Keeper of Fraser's libido and his "LO/FD/TU/L!" retort plus Dief 2's tam
set

constfraser

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
Hello,

I am sorry but, I am not familiar with the 'type indicator.' Please explain
if it isn't too much trouble. Thank you kindly for your time and patience.
Charmaine Engelsman-Robins wrote in message <37255462...@home.com>...

mela...@my-dejanews.com

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
I hope I don't botch this explanation of the Myers-Briggs types, but I did
get typed about a year ago and I read quite a bit about it at the time.
Basically, one takes a short test (no need to study!) which reveals your
preferences for dealing with people, information, feelings, processes, etc.

The scoring of the test reveals your preferences on four pairs of
characteristics, each pair being a sort of "opposite". The easiest pair to
figure out is the first: extrovert (E) or introvert (I). The other pairs
are sensing/intuitive (S or N), thinking/feeling (T or F) and
judging/perceiving (J or P). BTW, the words used for the last pair don't
really have anything to do with how perceptive or judgemental a person is;
I'll leave it to someone who has the knowledge or reference material to
explain that pair.

The degree of preference can vary. For example, I am very I, S, and J but
I'm only slightly T (because on the test, I gave the "T" answers only a few
more times than the "F" answers).

Using these pairs, people can be categorized into 16 "types", using the
letters. For example, MaryCW identified herself as (INTJ).

These "types" are useful in many ways, especially in determining how groups
of people will work together. There are volumes and volumes of books to
help one use Myers-Briggs in the workplace, in the school, even in romantic
relationships. (Come to think of it, my brother and his fiance were "typed"
as part of their pre-marital counseling).

Once I had been typed, the career counselor who typed me read me a
description of my type. I thought it was pretty accurate, including the
fact that I tend not to be adventurous with food and I tend to order the
same things over and over again when I go to restaurants.

I am intrigued as to how one would "type" a fictional character. Would one
try to emote the character while answering the questions in the test? Or
would one start with what is shown on tv and work backwards (for example, in
MOTB RayRayRayRay says he likes to go with his gut instinct, so he is
probably an "N" rather than a "S")?

If the first approach is to be used, then I imagine it would be advisable
for several dedicated fans, preferably with different types themselves, to
take the test independantly and the results tabulated. Otherwise, the
results would tend to reflect the type of the person doing the testing....

Or am I getting way, way too serious about this?

Melanie M,
Keeper of the Explanation
ISTJ (can you tell?)

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Roxy

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
I too was typed during pre-marriage councling. My now husband and I came out
pretty much the same except one catagory. I will have to dig up those test
and materials and take a look!

Roxy

Keeper of Dief's junk food (as long as I don't eat any)
and Fraser's hummmmmm's

Emily Way

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
Roxy <dcst...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>I too was typed during pre-marriage councling. My now husband and I came out
>pretty much the same except one catagory. I will have to dig up those test
>and materials and take a look!

There's an online test at http://www.keirsey.com/ .

Emily, INFP.

Emily Way * emily at vex.net * emily at woolworks.org * emily at icomm.ca
"Frowns unlimited for those who make whoopee after 10pm."
-- the 1955 Wellesley College student handbook

Roxy wrote:

> I too was typed during pre-marriage councling. My now husband and I came out
> pretty much the same except one catagory. I will have to dig up those test
> and materials and take a look!
>

> Roxy
>
> Keeper of Dief's junk food (as long as I don't eat any)
> and Fraser's hummmmmm's

O.K., so (as if we couldn't guess) who's the official spider-stomper in this
relationship?
(Or do you have to hire in? Do they even have Spider Take-Out Service, as in
"come take this @#%! spider out of here? <G>)

Jeffrey Courtney

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
Hey,
Trying to type the characters sounds like a really interesting idea. I was typed
earlier this year in class and it was really an enlightening experience. The
discription that was produced was really accurate...kind of scary. What if several of
us took the test at the link provided for different characters and then report back
for discussion??? Could make for some interesting discussion...

Jeff

Proud and dutiful keeper of Inspector Thatcher's long, beautiful 2nd season hair...
,...Lather, rinse repeat if necessary

Roxy

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.

Charmaine Engelsman-Robins wrote in message <3726241E...@home.com>...

>O.K., so (as if we couldn't guess) who's the official spider-stomper in
this
>relationship?
>(Or do you have to hire in? Do they even have Spider Take-Out Service, as
in
>"come take this @#%! spider out of here? <G>)

That's what the dogs are for! <G>

roxy

Emily Kelley

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
In article <372646E3...@pilot.msu.edu>, Cour...@pilot.msu.edu wrote:

> Hey,Trying to type the characters sounds like a really interesting idea.

We actually did this on a listserv I belong to that is dedicated to
another TV show and it did engender quite alot of interesting discussion
regarding both the characters, and the way people on the list perceived
the characters. There was not total agreement re: each of the four
Meyers-Briggs elements for each character, but in general every on the
list seemed to agree on a majority of the elements. There is also a good
book which provides very in-depth descriptions of each personality
element, the various combinations (of which there are 16) & the
personality traits the combinations suggest, and the compatibilities
between personality types. The book is:
Keirsey, David and Marilyn Bates. _Please Understand Me: Character &
Temperment Types_. 4th ed. Del Mar, CA: Gnosology Books, 1984.

This book also includes a short version of the Meyers-Briggs test and
instructions on how to score it. I haven't been to the web site, but I
imagine the test version there is the same or similar. The complete
Meyer-Briggs is actually fairly lengthy.
It is both fun and enlightening to do this with fictional characters.
Hm-m-m, I'll have to give it some careful thought before I'll venture a
reading of Fraser, Ray & RayK.

Emily Kelley (INTP)

Emily Kelley

Mary Walker

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
The J (judging) vs P (perceiving) refers to how the individual
approaches the world and tasks. J-preference people tend to: like
closure, making and finalizing decisions, schedules, lists, linear
time. Js can tend to be more "uptight" or "structured." P-preference
people tend to: like to keep options open; go with the flow; appreciate
what comes; avoid/delay decisions, time pressure, lists. Ps can tend to
be more "easy going" and "able to see the positives in any situation."

- mary (Meyers Briggs nerd)

Mary Walker

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 27. 3:00:001999. 04. 27.
Actually, the best way to type other people is to observe their behavior
and make informed guesses. The indicator (test) is a carefully designed
psychological tool, which makes it very hard to "guess" accurate for
another person -- answers are designed to appeal to unconscious/gut
choice.

If I had to guess the type for dS characters, my first guesses would be:

OFM: ISTJ
RayV: ESFP
RayK: ?S?P
Frannie: ESFP

I haven't seen all the eps yet, so that affects these guesses.

Other opinions/evidence?

- mary

Jeffrey Courtney wrote:

> Hey,

> Trying to type the characters sounds like a really interesting idea.

NEXRADGirl

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 28. 3:00:001999. 04. 28.
>What if several of
>us took the test at the link provided for different characters and then
>report back
>for discussion???

Good idea Jeff!! Ok, I went to the webiste (TYK! Emily!), and tried to do one
for StanRay. This was basically me, answering A:) what I got from the show and
B:) what I thought he would answer. So, here's what I got.

Attentive/Expressive - Attentive won
Introspective/Observant - Introspective won
Tender/Tough - Was dead even
Probing/Scheduled - Probing won

This was the temperament test on the Keirsy site. So, anyone else got any
other results?

Erin. :o)
Keeper of Stan's GTO, Hair, Sarcastic attitude, & CD collection, Frannie's
wardrobe, & the apartment dance scene in "Strange Bedfellows".
My Keeper Quote:
"Get off me exclamation mark!"-- Stan *Ray* Kowalski (Callum K. Rennie)
--"dueSouth"

Melanie M

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 28. 3:00:001999. 04. 28.

Mary Walker <m...@best.com> wrote:
> The J (judging) vs P (perceiving) refers to how the individual
> approaches the world and tasks. J-preference people tend to: like
> closure, making and finalizing decisions, schedules, lists, linear
> time. Js can tend to be more "uptight" or "structured." P-preference
> people tend to: like to keep options open; go with the flow; appreciate
> what comes; avoid/delay decisions, time pressure, lists. Ps can tend to
> be more "easy going" and "able to see the positives in any situation."
>
> - mary (Meyers Briggs nerd)

Thank you, Mary. I pretty much knew that, but I couldn't express it without
using six times as many words--and my post was quite too long already.

My favorite short-cut identifying trait of a J is that a J will derive great
satisfaction from checking off the items on her "to-do" list. That describes
me to a.... well, to a J.

Melanie M,
Keeper of the Explanation, including this one from "Odds"

(FBI Agent White, interrupted by Lt. Welsh)
"First came to Chicago on the trail of his father's...."
"Yes, he is. Whaddaya want?"

Terry Gilbert

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 28. 3:00:001999. 04. 28.
Mary Walker wrote:
> RayK: ?S?P

I always suspected that RayK was in a temperment type (#5?) of his very
own<g>

TerryG
-keeper of Turnbull's Curling Stone

JRD 203

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 28. 3:00:001999. 04. 28.
For anyone interested, we've done some more updating on our DS page, as in
adding a couple of new and unique pages:

A WHO IS DIEFENBAKER section - detailing virtually *all* the
dogs, alive and otherwise, who have played our loveable half-wolf.

A PROPS section- containing photos of some small but
unique props from Due South.

They're both located at http://home.hiwaay.net/~warydbom/duesouth.htm

Elyse
JRD...@aol.comNOSPAM

WILLIAM & ELYSE'S DUE SOUTH PAGE
~~Latest news~Bios~Episode Guides & more!~~~
http://home.hiwaay.net/~warydbom/duesouth.htm

Please remove NOSPAM from address to respond

lzar...@mindspring.com

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 28. 3:00:001999. 04. 28.
I'm really confused, what test were you doing? Or am I missing a joke? My
Meyes/Briggs has:

introvert/extravert
senser/intuiter
thinker/feeler
perceiver/judger

I have had this done by a professional physogical firm at work and have done
extensive studying of the types and how they interact. What it did for me
more than anything was realize that other people were not as crazy as I
thought. Such as when people said that being alone really wore them out, I
did not realize this was quite normal (before I thought they were not in
touch with themselves).

NEXRADGirl <nexra...@aol.com> wrote in message

lzar...@mindspring.com

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 28. 3:00:001999. 04. 28.
You are supposed to be able to ID a "J" at 20 paces from their desk (or a
"P" for that matter). A "J" leaves work with a very clean desk. A "P" has
lots of piles.

If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, what does an empty desk
signify? (Can you tell where I fall in?)

I am a INFP in case you care.

Proud keeper of the flannet jacket (draped over a chair) and "understood"

Melanie M <mela...@my-dejanews.com> wrote in message

Charmaine Engelsman-Robins

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 29. 3:00:001999. 04. 29.

JRD 203 wrote:

> For anyone interested, we've done some more updating on our DS page, as in
> adding a couple of new and unique pages:
>
> A WHO IS DIEFENBAKER section - detailing virtually *all* the
> dogs, alive and otherwise, who have played our loveable half-wolf.
>
> A PROPS section- containing photos of some small but
> unique props from Due South.
>
> They're both located at http://home.hiwaay.net/~warydbom/duesouth.htm
>
> Elyse
> JRD...@aol.comNOSPAM

Looks great as always, Elyse, especially the Diefs! (What, no tam-set shot?

JRD 203

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 29. 3:00:001999. 04. 29.
In article <3727A47D...@home.com>, Charmaine Engelsman-Robins
<bheprod...@home.com> writes:

>Looks great as always, Elyse, especially the Diefs! (What, no tam-set shot?
><G>)

Once I get the Snappy working, look out! <G>

Terry Gilbert

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 29. 3:00:001999. 04. 29.
lzar...@mindspring.com wrote:

> You are supposed to be able to ID a "J" at 20 paces from their desk (or a
> "P" for that matter). A "J" leaves work with a very clean desk. A "P" has
> lots of piles.
>
> If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, what does an empty desk
> signify? (Can you tell where I fall in?)
>
> I am a INFP in case you care.

I took the test for myself and came out an iNTp but was within arm's
reach of iNFp. Glad to see another 'P' out there. <typing over the
piles of papers on my desk> Wishing I could be a 'J' at least one day a
week.

Mary Halbert

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 29. 3:00:001999. 04. 29.
Dear Lzardbeth:

Well, I did the Myers-Brigg on the website address that was given and I
got this:

Guardian - SJ
Protector - ISFJ

It was pretty close to how I am..I guess my character is okay - famous
Guardian/Protectors are Mother Teresa and Jimmy Stewart - great company
I think..

Mary
Ottawa

lzar...@mindspring.com wrote:

> You are supposed to be able to ID a "J" at 20 paces from their desk (or a
> "P" for that matter). A "J" leaves work with a very clean desk. A "P" has
> lots of piles.
>
> If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, what does an empty desk
> signify? (Can you tell where I fall in?)
>
> I am a INFP in case you care.

goj...@earthlink.net

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 29. 3:00:001999. 04. 29.
a clear desk is usually the sign of a cluttered drawer
but
a clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory........

jill keeper of fraser's campware.

Melanie M

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 29. 3:00:001999. 04. 29.

<lzar...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> You are supposed to be able to ID a "J" at 20 paces from their desk (or a
> "P" for that matter). A "J" leaves work with a very clean desk. A "P" has
> lots of piles.

I'm a J with piles, but at least my piles are organized. ;-)

> I am a INFP in case you care.

I care!

> Proud keeper of the flannet jacket (draped over a chair) and "understood"

Melanie M,
Keeper of the Explanation,
ISTJ (we just might complement each other)

Cindy B.

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 30. 3:00:001999. 04. 30.
In article <3727E960...@csi.com>,

Terry Gilbert <tgil...@csi.com> wrote:
>lzar...@mindspring.com wrote:
>>
>> You are supposed to be able to ID a "J" at 20 paces from their desk (or a
>> "P" for that matter). A "J" leaves work with a very clean desk. A "P" has
>> lots of piles.
>>
>> If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, what does an empty desk
>> signify? (Can you tell where I fall in?)
>>
>> I am a INFP in case you care.
>>

>I took the test for myself and came out an iNTp but was within arm's
>reach of iNFp. Glad to see another 'P' out there. <typing over the
>piles of papers on my desk> Wishing I could be a 'J' at least one day a
>week.
>
>TerryG
>-keeper of Turnbull's Curling Stone

I'm an ISTJ, but I always had the messiest desk in the office! (But I could
always find the document I wanted in seconds)

Cindy
Mostlylurker

MaryCW

olvasatlan,
1999. ápr. 30. 3:00:001999. 04. 30.

"Cindy B." wrote:

> I'm an ISTJ, but I always had the messiest desk in the office! (But I could
> always find the document I wanted in seconds)

I'm the same way and I'm INTJ. it's not messy if you can find things,
it's just an alternative filing system - mary

Mary Messall

olvasatlan,
1999. máj. 2. 3:00:001999. 05. 02.
Charmaine Engelsman-Robins wrote:
> Mary Messall wrote:
> > Nonsense- I'm an INT*P*, and I will not tolerate any accusations that
> > I'm organized just because I know where stuff is in my mess. Well,
> > sometimes... Anyone seen my calculator? Only I could swear I left it in
> > the kitchen, and it's a very expensive one, with hours of effort in
> > programming...
> Look in the fridge; that's where I found my cell phone this morning.

But you know what that means, don't you? It means you put the whipping
cream in your purse!

Anyway, I found the calculator. Under my bed. Under a shoe. <sigh>

> So could this also be described as
> an alternate housekeeping system (say yes, please say yes)?
> Keeper of Fraser's libido andhis "LO/FD/TU/L!" retort plus Dief 2's tam set,
> all of which are in here somewhere, I'm sure ... (wanders off to confirm)

Hey, that's valuable stuff! May I suggest a safe deposit box? And then
tape the key to your forehead, so you don't lose it. <g>

-Mary

Mary Messall wrote:

> Charmaine Engelsman-Robins wrote:
> > Mary Messall wrote:
>
> > Look in the fridge; that's where I found my cell phone this morning.
>
> But you know what that means, don't you? It means you put the whipping
> cream in your purse!

Oh dear

> Anyway, I found the calculator. Under my bed. Under a shoe. <sigh>
>
> > So could this also be described as
> > an alternate housekeeping system (say yes, please say yes)?
> > Keeper of Fraser's libido andhis "LO/FD/TU/L!" retort plus Dief 2's tam set,
> > all of which are in here somewhere, I'm sure ... (wanders off to confirm)
>
> Hey, that's valuable stuff! May I suggest a safe deposit box? And then
> tape the key to your forehead, so you don't lose it. <g>
>
> -Mary

Mary, if you could see my wild hair you'd know that even that would be no guarantee <g>

Charm
Keeper of Fraser's libido and his "LO/FD/TU/L!" retort plus Dief 2's tam set

0 új üzenet