What happened to the first girl "Erika Flores"

Robyn DuPuis

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
According to one story, she left because she wanted to make movies.
According to another, she left because she thought the show was
interfering with her schooling.

Unknown

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
What ever happened to the first girl that was on that program. Erika
Flores was her name and she was the youngest girl in Dr. Quinns
family. They replaced her with someone else

Bryan C.
bobc...@mindspring.com

David Kime

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, it was written:

> What ever happened to the first girl that was on that program. Erika
> Flores was her name and she was the youngest girl in Dr. Quinns
> family. They replaced her with someone else

And the show was never the same. Rumor had it at the time that Jane
Seymour had her booted off because she was more attractive than Seymour.
At least that's what someone told me on this newsgroup several years ago
when the switch happened and I asked this very same question. For some
reason the Colleen character instantly became a lot dumber with the cast
switch (one week she is practically doing surgery, the next week she
couldn't answer a basic science question in class). After that, the show
was never the same. I saw her afterwards as the ghost of a murdered girl
in a cheesy made for tv movie. And of course, you can see her pre-DQMW
days in the 'Disaster' episode of Star Trek: TNG.

David

mel...@libelle.com

Jul 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/10/98
In article <35a5a1d...@news.mindspring.com>,

(dbc) wrote:
> What ever happened to the first girl that was on that program. Erika
> Flores was her name and she was the youngest girl in Dr. Quinns
> family. They replaced her with someone else

I'm glad you asked this. I always preferred Erika Flores. Growing up in the
country she truly seemed to me to be a genuine country girl. Although I grew
to get used to the new Colleen, the newer one seemed too 1990s to me and not
as genuine. Erika was lovely and quite a good actress. I enjoyed watching
the earlier episodes of DQMW because of Erika. But now it seems that I can't
locate the DQMW reruns on any of our cable stations. Here's hoping that come
Aug. 1st we'll be able to get the PAX network here locally for the reruns at
least. Not sure yet.

Maureen Goldman

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
David Kime <ki...@NKU.EDU> wrote:

> Rumor had it at the time that Jane
> Seymour had her booted off because she was more attractive than Seymour.

You've got to be kidding. Nothing against her, but she was a very
ordinary-looking kid, a bit on the plump side toward the end.

Robyn DuPuis

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
Someone was really "reaching" on that story. The new Colleen is lovely,
but Jane Seymour is a true beauty.

min...@webtv.net

Jul 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/11/98
I really preferred the first Colleen also, probably because she was the
one I was used to seeing every week and I also thought that she and
Brian and Matthew all looked alike with their blonde hair. The new one
was just alright. But as for Jane Seymour getting her fired, I highly
doubt it. She was a cute, pretty actress but not beautiful like Jane
and I'm sure Jane has tons of self-esteem so I definitely don't think
that was the problem. I think I also read somewhere that she wanted to
go to college or something about DQMW interfering with her school so
that is probably the real story although I haven't seen her much in
anything lately. Maybe she's given up acting.

Visit my website
www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/9756

Michaela1

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
Talk about misinformation!

Jane and Erika were VERY close. Jane even tried to get Erika BACK on the show!
Erika left because of her father. Her dad insisted on things like personal body
guards and made everyone's life on the set a living hell until they had no
choice but to part company! They would STILL love to get Erika back. please
dont believe all the *crap* that's out there. I have this from a very inside
source and its been confirmed by several people!

min...@webtv.net

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
No kidding? Her father is a nutcase, huh? That's too bad for her and for
us fans. I feel sorry for poor Erica. I really enjoyed her as Colleen.
Guess Macauley Culkin isn't the only child actor with a psycho father.

AdamsGreg&Judy

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98
I liked both Colleens.
Judy

MTiiu

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98
>I liked both Colleens.

It's almost amazing to me that this is still an issue....then I think how I'd
deal with it if they made a DQ movie and someone besides Brandon Douglas played
Andrew....

(not very well I'm afraid!!!)
Vicki...
by the way...I liked both Colleens too!

AdamsGreg&Judy

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98

Whenever someone takes over a character, sometimes I can't stand them,
sometimes I like them better, but rarely do I not care at all. But I
guess I was so interested in Sully and Mike that the others didn't
matter as much. Well, Loren did, and yes, many of the others. I think
I wasn't watching for a few weeks when they switched actresses, and
that's probably why it wasn't such a big deal at the time.

Judy

metal...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2018, 3:09:19 AM7/1/18

Anyone know where Erika is and what new projects she might be working on today in 2018? Her IMDB says the last thing is House in 2009.

ms.ama...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2018, 10:09:21 PM11/30/18
Let's think of the most likely reason a parent would want bodyguards and etc for their child... Hmm could it be the vast amounts of child molestation that happened in Hollywood?? Notice Erica gained weight and generally seemed more depressed in the second/third season.

burk...@comcast.net

Mar 14, 2019, 6:14:46 PM3/14/19
I have been watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on prime video, and it's a great show. I knew right away when Erika Flores was no longer playing Colleen. She wasn't just pretty but very intelligent and wanting to be a doctor and helping Dr. Quinn do surgical procedures was very entertaining. I thought the episode where boys were making fun of Colleen for having big breasts was a little strange. I couldn't understand why nobody, not even her brother, explained to her that most boys (and men) like a girl with bigger breasts, that it makes them look more feminine and sexy, especially if the girl is pretty anyway. Colleen was so down to earth, I missed her when she was off the show. I did notice that she gained a little weight, but I thought it only made her look prettier.
Message has been deleted