DAVID HENNESSEY INFO?

Hound Dog

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

Does anyone know what David Hennessey is up to nowadays?

I think he runs a restaraunt somewhere.

mw

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

I heard that he was managing a restaurant in NYC and that he wants
nothing to do with DS. Anyone know why he doesn't attend the festivals,
or why he quit the biz? Of all the DS actors he was one of the best!
That scene where he runs from his burning mommy and into Viki's arms is
incredible! He should've gotten an emmy nom for that ten second sequence
alone! ANd has anyone ever seen him screw up on the air? He recovers so
well!

TCHOATE1

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

burk...@ccsua.ctstateu.edu (Hound Dog) writes:

>Does anyone know what David Hennessey is up to nowadays?
>I think he runs a restaraunt somewhere.

I've read that he sold the restaurant in NYC and owns a shipbuilding
business in Maine.

Tim

Sharon Brearey

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

I agree! I remember a scene (SPOILER ALERT!) with David Selby (as
Quentin, of course) where young David is trying to tell him something
(while holding on to the lapels of Quentin's coat), forgets his lines,
and eventually remembers them, and smiles and gives a little tug on the
lapels as if to say, "See, I remembered my lines!" It was so
adorable. If only I could remember when this scene comes up (I'm
getting senile at 40+).

Dinok22017

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

Some of the DS stars had dinner with David H. at his then restaurant on
the upper east side of NYC back in 1988 or so and then later Diana Millay
said at one Fest on a panel discussion that she only just learned how
unhappy he was being a child actor (she didn't specify whether he was
unhappy at the time or later regretted it) because he lost "his childhood"
and missed out on the usual stuff. He had a big problem with how his
mother pushed him, etc. So maybe that is the case. He almost came to one
of the Fests in Newark but some fans found out where his restaurant was
and went there the night before and the story has it he wigged out. The
restaurant was used to people coming there looking for him and that was
fine; the fans that visited were, unfortunately, over the top in their
glee at having found him. So that was that.

My info on the latter incident comes second hand although from a
knowledgable source. Diana Millay said her thing publicly and among a
great many other fans.

Dino

ROBINV

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

In article <32427C...@philly.infi.net>, Sharon says...

No spoiler involved here! They just had that very scene a couple of weeks
ago. You're right, it was adorable (and back when I first watched it, I
wasn't much of a Henesy fan). Robin V

paga...@sprynet.com

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

In article <51uvv2$h...@lex.zippo.com>, ROBINV says...

No spoiler involved here! They just had that very scene a couple of weeks
ago. You're right, it was adorable (and back when I first watched it, I
wasn't much of a Henesy fan). Robin V

>Michael Stroka (who will shortly be making his appearance in the 1897
story line as Aristede) relates an amusing anecdote involving David Henesy.
He said that everyone, except Joan Bennett and Jonathan Frid, had a contract
which paid them all the same money for their work on the series. Somehow,
young David got the idea someone was making more money than him, so he
called up Dan Curtis to complain. Michael Stroka heard the conversation
on David's end, which went kind of like this: "Yes, Dan, but I heard they
made more money than me...no, but...Dan, listen...no...Dan, you know I
don't need this. I can always go back to High School!" This story is
related on the MPI tape, "DARK SHADOWS: BEHIND THE SCENES."
As for why he no longer acts...? Someone here (I think it was here) mentioned
that he had an overbearing stage mother and that she killed any of the
love he may have had for performing. My own view was that maybe he just
found something else that makes him happy. Very often, child stars do go
on to pursue other interests and careers as they grow older, that they find
more rewarding, lucrative and fullfilling than performing. Look at Ron
Howard, who went from Opie on Andy Griffith to Richie on Happy Days; he now
works as a director, and has found a great deal more success there than he
might have as an actor.
Allanna

David Kodeski

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96

Didn't I see here some time ago that David was on Third Rock From the
Sun???? Did I dream curse it??

Am I crazy?

Ray Baker

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96

mw <mwr...@top.monad.net> wrote:

> I heard that he was managing a restaurant in NYC and that he wants
> nothing to do with DS.

Just guessing here, since I don't know for sure:

Perhaps Mr. Hennessey was one of those child actors that was pushed into
doing the TV show by his parents, and now that he is older and makes
decisons on his own, is really not, and never really was ever interested
in being a TV star. Maybe the reason he doesn't go to the festivals or
want to have anything to do with DS, is it reminds him of a painful time
in his childhood, where he was pushed into a grueling workday schedule
by his parents, when he just wanted to stay home and play and just enjoy
being a little boy, not a DS TV star!

Today he is just happy being a sucessful resturant owner; good for
David!
--
Ray Baker
Singer/Songwriter

Linda Dachtyl

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96

Ray Baker wrote:

> mw <mwr...@top.monad.net> wrote:
>
> > I heard that he was managing a restaurant in NYC and that he wants
> > nothing to do with DS.
>
> Just guessing here, since I don't know for sure:
>
> Perhaps Mr. Hennessey was one of those child actors that was pushed into
> doing the TV show by his parents, and now that he is older and makes
> decisons on his own, is really not, and never really was ever interested
> in being a TV star.

This is true according to someone who attended the DS Festival. Diana
Millay commented on David's mom who was a very pushy stage mom. David
apparently really wasn't into being an actor, was just pushed into it.

Linda

Barnabas

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

David Kodeski <nfut...@mcs.net> wrote in article
<324395...@mcs.net>...

> Didn't I see here some time ago that David was on Third Rock From the
> Sun????

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who played David Collins in the 1991 revival series,
is a regular on Third Rock.

mw

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96

David Kodeski <nfut...@mcs.net> wrote:
>Didn't I see here some time ago that David was on Third Rock From the
>Sun???? Did I dream curse it??
>
>Am I crazy?

No You are not crazy, just a little confused. It is true, DAVID is a
regular on 3rd Rock From the Sun, but it is NOT David Hennessy of the
original DS, it is Josef Gordon Levitt, he played DAVID in the 1990 tv
revival of DARK SHADOWS with Ben Cross.

mw

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96
to sbre...@philly.infi.net

I don't know when the scene takes place either, but it IS featured on the
DARK SHADOWS BLOOPERS video. There is also a cute excerpt of David
holding up the Dark Shadows description board (with date of episode and
which take etc.) and someone comes up behind him and playfully grabs the
top of his head, wherein David starts to laugh. I LOVE seeing the actors
out of character like this!!Sharon Brearey <sbre...@philly.infi.net>
wrote:

>mw wrote:
>>
>> I heard that he was managing a restaurant in NYC and that he wants

mw

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96
to smtp.mcs.net

mw

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96
to smtp.mcs.net

Anne Flack

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

Actually, Alanna, the anecdote about David and the salaries took place
during the filming of House of Dark Shadows.

est...@fibreop.ca

Jul 19, 2018, 10:47:32 AM7/19/18
He was never on Third Rock.

est...@fibreop.ca

Jul 19, 2018, 11:06:35 AM7/19/18
The name of the child actor on Dark Shadows is spelled “David Henesy”

“David Hennessey” is a much younger bit actor/model

magr...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2018, 7:45:11 PM10/8/18
On Saturday, September 14, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Hound Dog wrote:
> Does anyone know what David Hennessey is up to nowadays?
>
> I think he runs a restaraunt somewhere.

does anyone know about his sister shaun, we knew each other in the bahamas .

Kenny McCormack

Oct 12, 2018, 12:03:42 PM10/12/18
In article <4b735134-9b24-4a57...@googlegroups.com>,
In the biblical sense?

--
The plural of "anecdote" is _not_ "data".

carolc...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2020, 8:30:49 AM2/1/20
He currently runs a restaurant in Panama in Central America and is happily married with kids.