Re: The Jan. 6 Committee chairman lied, "officers 'lost their lives as a result' of Capitol riot"

Merrick Garland Nazi Party

Jul 19, 2022, 12:10:03 AM7/19/22
In article <t2hagf$3kebb$1...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ed...@post.com wrote
>
> edell sucks cocks.

The Democratic chairman of the House committee investigating the
events surrounding the Jan. 6 Capitol riot said Thursday that
law enforcement officers “lost their lives as a result of the
attack.”

He made this assertion after prominent Democrats, including
President Joe Biden, for months falsely claimed U.S. Capitol
Police officer Brian Sicknick died as a result of the violence
at the Capitol despite the medical examiner concluding that he
died from a stroke and that his “manner of death” was “natural.”

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), who leads the panel, said Thursday
during the panel's first prime-time hearing, “I know that some
of the witnesses from our first hearing are in the room with us,
along with some of the family members, friends, and widows of
the officers who lost their lives as a result of the attack.
Thank you all for being here for us and for the American
people.” Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), the vice chairwoman of the
committee, later said that Sicknick’s family was present
Thursday night.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, led by Francisco Diaz,
told the Washington Examiner in April 2021 that Sicknick’s
“cause of death” was “acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts
due to acute basilar artery thrombosis” — a stroke — and that
the “manner of death” was “natural.” The medical examiner said
Sicknick was sprayed with a chemical substance at about 2:20
p.m. on Jan. 6, collapsed at the Capitol at about 10 p.m., was
taken to a local hospital, and died at about 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 7.

Although Diaz told the Washington Post that Sicknick suffered
neither an allergic reaction to chemical irritants nor any
injuries, he said “all that transpired played a role in his
condition.“

Biden claimed in June 2021 that “criminals” at the Capitol
“kill[ed] a police officer.” The medical examiner’s office
directly noted that the term “natural” is “used when a disease
alone causes death” and that “if death is hastened by an injury,
the manner of death is not considered natural.”

Capitol Police officer Caroline Edwards testified Thursday about
serving alongside Sicknick during the riot as they pushed back
against the rioters. She described Sicknick having his face in
his hands after he was sprayed. Video that was played by the
committee appeared to show Sicknick in discomfort.

The Justice Department says that more than 800 defendants have
been arrested in relation to the Capitol riot, including over
250 defendants charged with assaulting or impeding law
enforcement officers. No one has been charged with killing
police.

A Democratic pretrial impeachment memo from February 2021
falsely claimed that “the insurrectionists killed a Capitol
Police officer by striking him in the head with a fire
extinguisher.” White House press secretary Jen Psaki falsely
claimed in May 2021 that there were “a number of officers” who
died the day of the Capitol riot. Metropolitan Police Officer
Jeffrey Smith and Capitol Police Officer Howard Liebengood both
died by suicide in January 2021 following the riot.

During a speech in January just before the anniversary of the
Capitol riot, Attorney General Merrick Garland held a moment of
silence for Sicknick, Smith, and Liebengood, as well as Capitol
Police Officer Gunther Hashida and Capitol Police Officer Kyle
DeFreytag, who died by suicide in July 2021.

Thompson said in his opening remarks at the committee’s prior
public hearing in July 2021 that “seven people lost their lives”
in the riot. The number would appear to include Sicknick, the
two officers who died by suicide in the following days, a
protester shot by police, two protesters who the medical
examiner said suffered fatal heart attacks, and another whom the
medical examiner said died of a suspected drug overdose.

Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn also perpetuated the claim
regarding Sicknick in his remarks at last summer’s hearing.

“I’d like to take a moment of my time to ask for a moment of
silence for my fallen colleague, Officer Brian Sicknick, who
died from injuries he sustained in the line of duty defending
the Capitol of our beloved democracy,” Dunn said.

And Capitol Police Officer Aquilino Gonell said at that hearing
that “as a result of that day, we lost officers — some really
good officers.”

The only person determined to have been killed by someone during
the riot was Ashli Babbitt, a 35-year-old Air Force veteran and
Trump supporter who was shot by a Capitol Police officer as she
attempted to climb through a broken window into the Speaker's
Lobby. The officer, Lt. Michael Byrd, was not charged with a
crime.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/jan-6-committee-
chairman-officers-lost-lives-capitol-
riot?utm_campaign=article_rail&utm_so