The Original Comedy Channel...

Brian Greer

Aug 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/13/97

Does anyone remember 'The Comedy Channel' ?

It was the originator of 'all comedy, all the time' programming,
except the majority of it was ORIGINAL programming...created right
there on the set...sometimes totally ad-libbed as well!

This was some of the best TV I have ever seen in my entire life. It
was the funniest material in a very long time...

It had the original seasons of MST3K (not the stuff they did on that
local TV station, but it was still in its infancy), Alan Havey's Night
After Night, Higgins Boys & Gruber... it was truly the best.

They even showed old things like Clutch Cargo, Supercar!, Dick Spanner
Private Eye...etc. Of course, all good things must come to an end.

Viacom got involved and HBO sold it out to them...so HA! merged with
it and turned into the spiral of crappy programming we know today as
Comedy Central.

But, back to the real question, does anyone remember that channel? It
was the best ever.

Brian.

Remove the pop's and add a com where the net is, to e-mail me.

biohazard

Aug 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/15/97

le...@me.alone (althea) wrote:

>yes.. Pepperidge Farm remembers... I miss Higgins Boys and Gruber, but
>the Higgins are doin alright (SNL and Ellen), but where's the Grub?

I'll be indebted to HB&G for the rest of my life for bringing those
old 1952 Bob & Ray shows back to light (got 'em all on tape)...

The Ken-Head, Sandwichland, Pig Boy, the Halloween Fairy, Meeting of
Minds (with Nick Bakay as Christopher Marlowe), Gruber's Drag-o-Rama,
Death Rides a Bicycle, the Rip Taylor Info Center, Clutch Cargo...

>Is Alan Havey still doin standup? Nick Bakay still cracks me up as one of
>the voices on the new Nicktoon 'The Angry Beavers.' (whatta title!)

Cholesterol Carousel (Nice Economy!), the Furniture Channel, the
Mobley Hotel (now with soap), Havey Man, Havey Hijinx, Second
Opinion...

bio...@mindspring.com

biohazard

Aug 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/15/97

tek...@atlpop.mindspring.net (Brian Greer) wrote:

>I wish I knew where Grub was these days. Steve is on SNL? I haven't
>watched that show in so long that I don't have the slightest idea who
>is on it anymore.

Steve is now the producer of SNL, and several behind-the-scenes people
on HB&G are also there (Steve and Dave's brother Al, and Andrew
Steele). The last time I saw Dave "Gruber" Allen, he was working with
Steve on Jon Stewart's show a few years ago...

bio...@mindspring.com

Samuel Herschbein

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

And that talk show with Denis Leary and Billy Kimble was GREAT!!!.

Yea, those were the good old days. Comedy Central should be renamed Rerun
Central. The same shows, the same ads, how do they make any money?

arvindhp...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2020, 11:04:01 AM4/19/20
hi i am join to channel