Jon Stewart Doesn't Think He'll Find Another "Daily Show"

Ubiquitous

Nov 30, 2016, 10:18:57 AM11/30/16
Last week, Jon Stewart spoke about the results of the election at
length with CBS This Morning, including what he viewed as the
biggest missed opportunity of the campaign (holding Donald Trump's
feet to the fire on what exactly makes America great). The rest of
that interview has now been released, and it finds Stewart getting
emotional while reflecting on his time at The Daily Show: "I believe
it was the best extension of… what I know how to do. And perhaps I
didn’t necessarily know that at the time,” Stewart said.

Stewart, appearing alongside Chris Smith (the author of the new oral
history of The Daily Show), talks a bit about some pivotal segments,
including the Bush v. Bush one from 2003 and Steve Carell talking
with John McCain on the Straight Talk Express in 1999.

He also was asked whether he thought he could find something that’s
equally right for him again. And his response makes us think we
shouldn't get our hopes up about that HBO deal: "It was a gift that
I was fortunate enough to be graced with for all that time and to be
in contact with all those incredible people," he responded. "But I
don’t expect to find that again. There’s a difference between
satisfaction and joy. This gave me great satisfaction and it gave me
great confidence, but joy— joy is driving a couple of knucklehead
kids home from school that I get to sit, listen."

For more Daily Show nostalgia, Vulture has some highlights from the
new book, and Entertainment Weekly has an excerpt from it about the
first show after 9/11.

--
Crooked Hillary demands a vote recount--except in states she barely
won. Apparently, those were accurately tabulated.

FPP

Nov 30, 2016, 6:33:35 PM11/30/16
On 2016-11-29 04:09:57 -0500, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> said:

> Crooked Hillary demands a vote recount--except in states she barely
> won. Apparently, those were accurately tabulated.

Complete lie. Hillary and her campaign have done no such thing, whatsoever.
--
"On the whole, I prefer not to be lectured on patriotism by those who
keep offshore maildrops in order to avoid paying their taxes." -Molly

Ubiquitous

Dec 6, 2016, 4:53:09 AM12/6/16
In article <o1nni0$gvi$5...@dont-email.me>, fred...@gmail.com wrote:
>On 2016-11-29 04:09:57 -0500, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> said:
>
>> Crooked Hillary demands a vote recount--except in states she barely
>> won. Apparently, those were accurately tabulated.
>
>Complete lie. Hillary and her campaign have done no such thing,
>whatsoever.

Actually, that is exactly what Crooked Hillar has done.
Do try and keep up with the news so you don't make so many foolish
statements in the future.

FPP

Dec 6, 2016, 7:17:45 AM12/6/16
On 2016-11-30 23:34:00 +0000, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> said:

> In article <o1nni0$gvi$5...@dont-email.me>, fred...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 2016-11-29 04:09:57 -0500, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> said:
>>
>>> Crooked Hillary demands a vote recount--except in states she barely
>>> won. Apparently, those were accurately tabulated.
>>
>> Complete lie. Hillary and her campaign have done no such thing,
>> whatsoever.
>
> Actually, that is exactly what Crooked Hillar has done.
> Do try and keep up with the news so you don't make so many foolish
> statements in the future.

Maybe Crooked Hillar did... but the candidate I voted for didn't.
--
Q: How do you know when <NoB...@nowhere.com> is lying? A: Ubiquitous
<web...@polaris.net> fingers are moving.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2016, 5:54:04 PM12/6/16
"Don't it always seem to go
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?"
- Joni Mitchell (Big Yellow Taxi)

--
Rhino