"Broad City" will bleep Donald Trump's name in Season 4

1 view

Ubiquitous

Jun 13, 2017, 8:32:05 PM6/13/17
In the months since Donald Trump's election, countless TV shows have
rejiggered their new episodes to reflect the tumultuous political
climate.

Broad City joins the ranks when it returns to Comedy Central for its
fourth season (Aug. 23, 10 ET/PT), which is "deeply rooted in this
time," says co-creator Ilana Glazer, who stars in bawdy bridal comedy
Rough Night (in theaters Friday).

The stoner sitcom follows two friends (Glazer and Abbi Jacobson,
playing heightened versions of themselves) living and working in New
York, mining humor from their unusual roommates, empowered hookups and
madcap misadventures across the city. But the inclusive comedy hasn't
been afraid to get political in the past, even inviting Hillary Clinton
on for a brief guest spot last year in an episode where Ilana pledges
to campaign for the then-presidential hopeful.

"We wrote (Season 4) being like, 'Here we go! Hillary for president!' "
Glazer tells USA TODAY. But after "this game-show host became president
of our country, we rewrote a lot."

One episode, which premiered at Colossal Clusterfest in San Francisco
earlier this month, deals with the idea that "a witch is really just a
woman who's in touch with her womanhood," Glazer says. "Ilana's
'powers' are decreasing during the current administration because it's
just so hard to (orgasm) when you know so many people are in such
danger. So Ilana works through her Trump-related (hang-up) and it's
wild."

But you'll never actually hear Ilana or Abbi say the president's name.

"There's no airtime for this orange (person)," Glazer says. "We bleep
his name the whole season."

Although a commander-in-chief cameo is clearly off the table, more
welcome visitors to Broad City this season include RuPaul, Steve
Buscemi, Shania Twain and Wanda Sykes.

https://youtu.be/7zlkhuHNmK4

Rhino

Jun 13, 2017, 9:04:06 PM6/13/17
Years from now, curious people will be extremely puzzled about how so
many individuals succumbed to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome). Millions
of Americans - and foreigners, judging by most of the media in other
countries - have gone fully delusional in their massively misguided
over-reactions to Trump's victory.

I'm not a psychiatrist but I can't help but wonder how a shrink would
diagnose this phenomenon. I'm guessing it would be treated as akin to
the mass hysteria about witches culminating in the Salem witch trials.

--
Rhino

Ubiquitous

Jun 15, 2017, 6:26:22 AM6/15/17
I have to admit, this is one of the positive things about Trump getting
elected. I always forget how much of a sore loser the left are.

>I'm not a psychiatrist but I can't help but wonder how a shrink would
>diagnose this phenomenon. I'm guessing it would be treated as akin to
>the mass hysteria about witches culminating in the Salem witch trials.

Heh.